Forgotten Title Modern day crime boss pretends to be weak in front of fl, romance

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by wookiesmuggler1, Feb 15, 2022.

1. wookiesmuggler1

wookiesmuggler1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The male lead, a modern day crime lord (well known in the underground community), is engaged to a female lead who is unaware of his fame. The fl believes that he is weak, constantly putting down/harassing him based on his apparent uselessness, in her eyes. The dislike she has toward the male lead is real, and there are no hidden emotions in the beginning of the novel.

Although the male lead is a famous figure in the underground, he cares for the fl, taking great effort to hide his relation with the underground community from her.

To try to win her heart, he becomes completely subservient to her, driving her to places, buying her stuff, giving her massages, etc.

Some time passes by and it's revealed that the ml is actually the leader of some sort of underground crime organization in the dark and he is known as the 'Sage' by practically everyone who knows his identity. Of course, even the readers are only given a slight taste of MC's sheer op-ness as he saves his fiance from trouble in the shadows, while she is completely unaware.

A few of the fl's friends who know the male lead confront the fl about her boyfriend, the 'Sage' of the underworld, but she does not believe them because she has experienced just how weak the male lead acts in front of her.

The female lead was rude to mc at the beginning, like not even tsundere type but just no interest whatsoever, but after (or a bit before) her friends confronted her about her boyfriend being a famous criminal did the romance begin

And another note: there are no signs of "real cultivation" like realms and skills and that, the mc is just an underground boss or something, its just modern day

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    TXHY and lacarde like this.
  2. Dragonfyre001

Dragonfyre001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like either My Wife is a Beautiful CEO or my cold and elegant ceo wife