Recommendations Modern times novel, with rich MC

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Apns, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Apns

Apns Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, as the tittle says, Im looking for a novel, situated in modern times (I dont mind fantasy world, but I dont want to see either sci-fi or sword and magic), with male or female MC that is rich, a CEO, or any other possition of prestige/welth. Something like 12 Hours After or I Have a Mansion in the Post-apocalyptic World.

What Im looking for:
    - rich MC (male or female)
    - modern times
    - romance/romantic subplot
    - "a lot" of slice of life moments or just managing things around/daily activity/daily life descriptions

What i DONT want:
    - typical shoujo/josei with overbearing MC chasing and spoiling a woman
    - any sort of novel with nothing but action
    - BL

2. GlueGod

GlueGod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Release that Witch - but its set in a monarch setting with early 1900s vibe - mc uses knowledge from modern world to upgrade his kingdom (he's a prince so there's ur rich) - romance is there - MIGHT seem like a harem but dw in the end he has to choose - slice of life is there.

Kidnapped Dragons - modern times but with a little fantasy - lots of slice of life - just a dude hanging around with a few female dragons. MC is immortal or smth so he has wealth.

3. Apns

Apns Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the rec, I've already read it before, but it's completely not what I'm looking for. You could hardly call RTW world a "modern" one. There is also no resemblence to modern society at all. It's just another fantasy world, with MC bringing some technology and goes to war. There is no idea of capitalism, the point of money/being rich is also missing. Yes, he has money by design, but its all omited in the novel itself. Except some minor trading moments, outside of that you don't see him using that. I am looking for corporation conflicts, maybe some scheming, battling using brains.

4. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    I also like 12 hours after!
    Maybe you will like this too :
    - God of Money
    - The Youngest Son of Sunyang

If you don't mind female protagonist, maybe you can try this :
    - I Have the Aura of Overbearing President

seemanta likes this.
  5. Apns

Apns Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All 3 are exactly what Im looking for. Too bad I've already read God of Money, and the translations of other 2 are not completed ;(

6. srrrahim

srrrahim A woman's heart, a needle under the sea

Reading List:
    Link
    The youngest son of sunyang is great, but the mtl version is the worst unreadable I've ever read . I lost so many brain cells reading it
    But, I have aura of overbearing president's mtl is readable. So, maybe you can try that
    Or maybe, you can also try this novel?
    "The Great Storyteller"

7. Apns

Apns Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, if the MT|L of I have aura of overbearing president's is readable ill deffinitely check it out.
    The Great Storyteller caught my attention too, but I never tried reading that. I've noticed there was no romance/romantic subplot there, so i kinda skipped it. Usually even that little bit of romance, even mediocre, adds depth to the story and characters. Makes it a bit more 'lifelike', well, unless its SUPER bad, then everything else is ruined, lol. Maybe I should give it a shot tho.

8. seemanta

seemanta ţɦɛ ʏօʊռɢɛsţ ɮʀѧţ ɨռ ţɦɛ ɦօʊsɛ

Reading List:
    Link
    Intense Love
    Married to the Protagonist
    My Wife is a Workaholic
    Please Confess to Me
    The Female Supporting Character Just Wants To Live A Good Life
    Rebirth of the Wealthy Villainess

Apns likes this.
  9. sixone7