Resolved Modern young man gets a TCM/herbs cheat, goes to university to be a DR

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Tsundoku, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Tsundoku

Tsundoku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one is bugging me. I could have sworn I started reading it in Webnovel, but can't find anything like it in my library.

A young man in the countryside gains a treasure/cheat (can't remember what it is, golden pages, maybe?) that helps him learn traditional Chinese medicine TCM easily. I think he sells herbs to a store in his home town and the owner becomes his mentor and helps him get accredited in TCM, and then get into university in the big city. There, with his understanding of ancient Chinese medical books like Materia Medica and Neiching, he wows the librarian who turns out to be a TCM guru and becomes his disciple.

At some point, he learns martial arts and becomes an anonymous superhero in his school, but the government thinks he's a threat and sends the special forces to capture him on the island where he practices at 5 am every morning, but keep failing. He goes to underground martial arts competitions in disguise to make money and improve his skills.

He ends up on TV in a competition to prove that pulse taking works. He also works at the hospital because of his amazing massage skills that help a bunch of taxi drivers, and the Western medicine department of the university fight over him with the TCM half.

Does anyone know the name?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    predictingthings likes this.
  2. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    Parts of what you describe sounds like the medical guru/medical master. But some of that doesn’t happen in that novel~

3. Tsundoku

Tsundoku Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doh! You're right! That's the one or that's one of them.

Because I clearly have conflated another story with Medical Master. MM starts at university and he already has a master. So the story that starts in the country and the guy learns herbal TCM recipes from the store owner is a different one.

Thanks! (Now not knowing the other one is bugging me, lol)