Mods making exceptions to rules

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Astaroth, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I held back a lot of mean comment too. It just sometimes the temptation is too great, so I post a reply with a lot of extremely hidden meanings.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >.< dealing with fallout is annoying. There are the people who are actually offended by me locking their thread (very few people), the people who aren't but feel bored enough to start a ruckus, and the people who join in randomly to revolt. Granted that hasn't happened...in about a week so hopefully it will continue on

I'm really opinionated. So if I see crap, I'm gonna call it crap. But as long as it follows the rules, I won't act on the desire to lock it. I feel like locking a lot of stuff, but only really lock when it breaks a rule. I may have thrown enumerated powers in, but I don't really use them.

3. little king

little king Ruler of Sloth [Neko-form]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lit the torches!

Jk.

4. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I do close my eyes on quite a lot of post, especially in general section. So I guess yes, I'm partial.

Arcturus likes this.
  5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Skoll028

Skoll028 Member of DivineDaoLibrary

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn Skoll, what an asshole...
    On a more serious note, I did not realize that Looking For discussions were always serious, and won't have that happen again. Was genuinely trying to be helpful, since there are MCs with both Light and LightNing powers.

7. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Question: in case of a topic about recommendations, if the op is alright with few off topic messages, can the mods apply the 'anti spam measures'?

Hm, against sexism&co. Ok, but, that doesn't make the subject not to exist. But, like Remy(?) saied.. It's a forum about novels, not about topics like politics and so on..

8. remy911

remy911 ┗|`o′|┛ Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It'll probably depend on the mod's mood. If OP seems to be "going along" with the flow, I would usually turn a blind eye to that. That said, more than a few, I would likely delete them. There are other more appropriate sections for general chatter. It's also a personal annoyance of mine when searching old threads for recommendations to find mostly off-topic posts. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Just because hate exists, doesn't mean NU should be the carrying its torch. :cool:

9. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    No, but there are topics, like sexism, that can be a subject of discussion, no? But, usually, it's difficult to 'manage' the situation and.. Whatever, it has something to do with personal views and that's why they aren't common.

10. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if it descends to the point where people are just bashing each other, it will be locked :/ I don't really like moderating general chat cause people freak out way too much.

This forum isn't a place where people should be discussing the necessity of having breast milk available at grocery stores. :cool: This is Novel Updates Forum.

11. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think all trolls should be banned
    serious, they are annoying

12. CDLevit

Reading List:
    Link
    Nheah, I recall the rule of remy: you can discuss whatever you want in the forum as long as you can discuss that in a public space (bar) cough#.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.