Spoiler Monster Duke's Daughter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lilylam, Nov 6, 2020.

1. DeyDey

DeyDey An Old-Hearted Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    May some kind spirits bestow us with some spoilers? :blobangel::blobangel::blobangel:

Epona C, simplysharonda and shadow83 like this.
  2. LePetiteReader

LePetiteReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does the father knew his kid was dying so he's trying to do something like going back in time but the price was his memories getting resetted hence the book in his study?

I hope he didn't knew his daughter was dying and adopted again because of the guilt. Wonder what his reaction would be upon knowing she's fated to die

3. immapotit

immapotit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am sure that the manwha will force us to forgive the father because it is always like this, no matter if he is neglecting the child the manwha / romance will always make excuses for this as "well her mother died in childbirth the father was pissed because he loved her mother and that’s why he neglects his own daughter " like BRO WTF

4. HealingScarsandHearts

HealingScarsandHearts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone have raws?:coffee:

Jennifere12511 likes this.
  5. rurichi

rurichi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i actually hope that it wouldn't be like that, like Claude's story (not that I hate him tho because i love him huhu), those kind of stories are so cliche and i hope that it would be different with this story

toliman and DOHere like this.
  6. Hochim

Hochim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    gonna camp here for more spoilers ❤

7. SmallButTerrible

SmallButTerrible Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the link! :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt: It still up to chapter 35 but I can't wait for the next chapters!

I'm kind of confused about the dad tbh. I think he didn't go near her because she was adapting to her new surroundings based from what I understood in the site, but it doesn't explain why he didn't try to connect with her before she died. She was 10 years old for goodness sake, or is he just really that awkward? There was this flashback where he tried to go near the Book Rotilucia when she coughed up blood but she didn't want him near her, so maybe he really is that awkward. The way he treats her though after they've actually talked is pretty sweet. Rottie's mood dampened after hearing some maids talk about her being a fake daughter and Damian noticed how upset she was; and when he found out about the incident, the maids that were gossiping were removed :blobxd: There was also that part that said that "Even if Rottie wasn't waiting for him, he still wanted to see her." It also implied that he had some feelings for her mom, and he thought that he left those "feelings" behind when he left the mom's forest.

The english was kind of confusing but what I gleamed from it was that he gets a brother named Bihan, who's actually a "seed" of her dad, Damian. He's really sweet and protective of Rotilucia (or Rottie) to the point where he gives her a bracelet that can transport him to where she is immediately when she needs him.

The black haired and golden eyed kid is named Joshua Cyrus. He is actually a dragon that Rottie met in her mom's ice forest, and i think he was injured at that time and that the mother and daughter helped him so he knows who rottie's mom is and he's also protective of her. The real son of the Marques Cyrus actually died as a baby. The mom was really depressed and on the verge of going crazy so the dad, Eustace (I think that was his name), pleaded to the dragon that his family made a "contract" with. Joshua was that dragon. The reason he can ask for help from Joshua is because a Marques ancestor asked him to protect his family for five generations and Eustace was pretty much the 5th one, so after him the "protection" pretty much ends. He never asked for help from Joshua, but the moment his son died he asked the latter to act as his son perfectly until the age where his son becomes an adult. He did it for his wife's mental and emotional health i think.

8. SmallButTerrible

Reading List:
    Link
    The last ML is the prince. I think he was the guy who Rottie met in the garden of the royal palace. She was roaming around while her father met with the king and she kind of got lost and wandered into the gardens. He told her that his name was "John" ; she asked whether he was the garden manager and he replied that he was the administrator there so it's also possible.

There was this part wherein she tried to get this pretty flower from the biggest tree and since both of them were still small neither could get one. John then basically said that once he gets bigger then he'll pick flowers for Rottie; he then takes a flower from a low height and hands it over to her. It was also kind of cute how she thought that since it would be likely to not see him again, she can share her problem. Bad luck for her though cause they're bound to see each other again She basically asked him how to like avoid dying (not the exact wording, but the idea is there ). He told her that one way to kind of like stop the progression of the disease is to use a dragon's heart. Then a knight arrives and John says to Rottie that he gad fun today and that he hopes to see her again.

She then runs into Joshua, and they head to where her dad is while holding hands. She first wonders if she's even allowed to hold hands with him since she remembers Bihan telling her not to do it with anyone outside the family. She then keeps on glancing at Joshua without knowing why while John's words keep circling her head. That's when Joshua kept asking if she really doesn't remember him and that he told her that if she leaves her mom's forest then she should go to the Cyrus. After sometime, that's when she remembers the dragon and realizes that he is one and the same with Joshua.

9. SmallButTerrible

Reading List:
    Link
    The latest chapter shows that Joshua brought her outside the Frodium estate without Damian's permission. Rottie was going to ask Damian, but Joshua used magic before she could She then sees a stone which seems normal but it glinted when she looked at it, and it was actually a spirit stone that contained a phoenix which is the greatest fire of the great and honorable fire spirit king. He also described himself as the biggest ember who burns everything.

She gets separated with Joshua and gets attacked by two demons, who calls both her dad and Bihan as traitors. She then starts thinking about her family while she gets beaten up. When she called Bihan's name in her head the bracelet worked its magic and breaks to fulfill it role then brother dearest gets transported to where she is. He then gets mad and beats the guy who was choking Rottie. The second forgotten guy ends up using rottie as a hostage and that's when she ends up forming a contract with the phoenix since she wanted the power to defend herself and her family.

As for Joshua, when he gets separated with Rottie, he notices that the six people tailing them were reduced to two, so he hunts the four of them down first before looking for Rottie.

10. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    why didn’t she run of this house seriously if I know that I will die soon I will just get out and have fun not be in house with a f*cked father and everyone hates me (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞

Volublekoala965 and layyu like this.
  11. InsaneStuffedAnimals

InsaneStuffedAnimals So silly goofy, quirky and different

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, ok, just ease my mind a little-
    1. She doesn't actually die, right???
    2. Does her Dad really care about her? I'm so nervous :blobconfounded:

Stephanie2007, Epona C and Boopbup like this.
  12. Birdieee

Birdieee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *deep inhale*
    ok. this is my imput and spoiler about the father x daughter situation
    Spoiler and rant ahead. Read at your own risk
    For those who think the father is an as**ole. He really isnt. He never abandoned Lottie. Since he is a demon he has hardly any common human emotions. Same for Biham. They never mistreat her in any way. The brother once even wanted to sacrifice his life when faced with a beast demon in a forrest when they were on a picnic with the father and a maid. Lottie didnt abandon him when he badly wounded. The father came in time oblithering the beast just so the kids were fine. It's still the start of the novel but he does his best to keep harm away from the little girl. The manhwa made it seem like he really despises her but in the novel he tells all maids to take care of her so she wont die ( since he has many enemies in both human world and demon world which later can be seen ). Some maid ( note: they are all demons there ) considered the child a burden but the others never did. The father appointed his best servant, Veronica, as her personal maid/caretaker. He constanly keeps up a barried around the mansion so enemies are kept away and NEVER leaves Lottie out of his reach for long periods of time. Once he was called to the city by his friend (or was it the king? dont remember )and when there he asked him to stay overm he declined the invitation to stay since his daughter is waiting for him back at home ( " and event if she isn't, i still want to see her" ) He made up rumors inside the mansion about him loving his wife and daughter so much he kept them hidden from the world just so Lottie will not be seen as a bastard or a burden by neither servants nor outside world. He took her shopping and got everything a child can wear without blinking, always carrying her. He has an inexpressive face ( thats what Lottie says in most chapters ) but slowly she can see the different changes in his feelings.

After the ordeal with the demons who kidnapped lottie, she is laying in bed, with her ankle sprained. Damian ( the father) comes knocking in her room with a vial of holy water in order to heal her. Since lottie is a little clumsy she moves a bit, splashing holy water on his hand which instantly burns his flesh. But its ok, he kept massaging her ankle either way.

In conclusion, Damian is most deffinetly not a bad father. I dont know how he got that book about his daugther's life story, but he sure as hell is not mistreating her in any way. Up until now, he has been nothing but overprotective.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  13. Bobaaaa

Bobaaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ty so much for the spoiler, and ig imma take back what I said about the dad lol

14. Deleted member 295392

Deleted member 295392 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    That's soooooo kawaii!!! I knew it! For some reason he never gave the "I don't give a damn about you" vibes, I'm glad I didn't hate an innocent parent...I hope he continues being a good father!:)

15. Birdieee

Reading List:
    Link
    35 chapters in and he is still a good father. To be honest, he is the kindest of them all out of all the stories ive read so far. Most start with a father wanting to kill their kid or abandoning them or god knows what. Damian just accepts her even if she isnt a demon right away and OH RIGHT!
    HE ADMITS TO LOTTIE THAT SHE IS HIS LITTLE WEAKNESS! THATS SU FKING CUTE AHSAOA ASGASA

16. Nightingale4444

Nightingale4444 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No. I refuse to accept this. Manhwa actually doing father figures right for once? It’s gonna turn out that he actually wants to sell her organs or something any chapter now, just watch.

Herbie420, Enken, Pest-chan and 11 others like this.
  17. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler. Well, I can accept this (heck, its the different culture excuse). All aboard the best monster papa route

Lovina and simplysharonda like this.
  18. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    Then what about the other girl with him in the beginning?

9B16AEE5-0BB8-46E4-9C14-BEF32C9776C7.jpeg E66D1389-4401-48A9-85EF-37B94D0CE606.jpeg B457BCE1-B8A8-45D8-93A1-C366381AA2E0.jpeg
    Looks like he like her and give her face more than his daughter ಠ_ಠ

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  19. Birdieee

Reading List:
    Link
    Treats her well but is indifferent. Remember. All that we see in the manhwa is from Lotties perspective or the different servants' perspective. We do not see Damian perspective at all. We judge him based only on his present actions. In that panel Damian strictly forbids his adoptive daughter not to enter that room ever. it's his dead daughter's room. it's basically a "ill provide you with everything u need but don't ever do this since it will only open up old deep wounds for me" type of situation.

20. Lama_pop

Lama_pop Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hate the maids in this story so far of what I've read:blob_thor: and they're the ones who deserve the hate like starving the child, calling her liar, making up stories about her which is not true and many more I think....whatever I JUST WANT TO SUE THEM!!!:blobtriumph::blob_thor: