LCD Monster no Goshujin-sama

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Yuki, Mar 6, 2016.

1. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright everyone, be honest. If your cute arachne girlfriend told you to stick it in her spinneret, would you? Because I'm starting to feel alone when it comes to this issue.

diamonds likes this.
  2. julesrjs

julesrjs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of tricky question... Don't forget that there's a lot of insects that eat their male counterparts after copulation...

3. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because unlike some harems where the girls are basically just a glorified cheer squad this group NEED each other. The MC can't actually fight by himself and needs his monsters to fight for him. and they only have intelligence and the chance to grow stronger because of the MC's power.

So the relationship of genuine give and take makes it so that even if you don't like harems you still can't fault the group itself as they are together for mutual benefit.

as a counter example take Smartphone for instance. The MC is basically just a god in this world and the harem is mostly there to praise the MC and make him look good. They do help out a bit but mostly as just support because he can only do so much himself. There isn't that same feeling of genuine need where the MC or the girls would be nothing if they weren't all together.

4. ThyUnsuspicious

ThyUnsuspicious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, that's a lot of chapters done. C35's coming 6/4. Now I just need to finish C36......

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    diamonds likes this.
  5. pavook

pavook Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are there 2 different versions of the story? Like original and then published one? I was looking at some Russian translation because they had pictures (probably from the light novel published) there only to find out that the stories don't match with the story here. There was some Mistress of the Forest in v2ch15 I know nothing about and later there was a different confrontation with the people at the base. It's not just minor details, it feels like apart of characters and places, the story takes a different course. Does anyone know about why?

6. ThyUnsuspicious

Reading List:
    Link
    You were probably reading a translation of the LN. This is a translation of the WN.

7. ThyUnsuspicious

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the long delay~.

I've gotten V3C1 done, and am about 20% done with V3C2. They should be edited soon.

Esperreal likes this.
  8. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't the terms for picking up a project that has been worked on state that there should be a minimum of time with no status updates by the group (or otherwise a drop announcement) in order to allow it to be picked up by someone else. Last status update on this series came just a couple of weeks ago stating the the new chapter was awaiting editing (and there have been several updates inbeteen that and last release), and just yesterday KLNT has released their version of it.

I'm finding their methods to be quite unethical, given that their quality seems to be inconsistent and they are picking projects right and left without warning, or even checking the project beforehand (they've picked Maou no Tsukurikata despite its translation having been completed, just because LNT used the WN numbering, which calls the two arcs as "volumes" and they found that the LN has more than two volumes, because the arcs were separated in several volumes, and that means that they've released a chapter from way back as if it were brand new because most likely they didn't bother the work that has been done on the series up to this point).

Shtirliz and anonnovelupdates like this.
  9. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't disagree with this new group being fairly close to the bottom of the barrel, but one group translating a series doesn't just arbitrarily give it some sort of right to be the only one working on it either.

10. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically not, but taking series that are being worked by other people tends to either kill their motivation to continue with the series or kill their motivation period, which in cases where you have a good (or even just decent) translation replaced by something with no quality whatsoever hurts a lot.
    With the number of series that aren't being translated, when two groups clash in their working on a specific one, usually either each one translates a different version (WN/LN) or they enter a collaboration, and the rule I mentioned is, technically, a N-U rule.

The worst thing is that these no-quality series snipers are ready to drop the series if it doesn't have the desired effect, and once dropped it's uncommon for the previous translator to pick it back up (I have never witnessed a single case that happened).

ETA: I am a translator (not so much of novels, since while I have translated a bit, it was not that much) and I have suffered firsthand having a series you are carefully working on being taken without warning by people who want the attention or the money, starting a terrible quality job from the next chapter that you have last released. I have seen many co-staff lose their whole drive and leave the picture entirely. I have also seen, both first- and third-hand, many series get stalled due to this kind of maneouvres. I know why I hate them.

anonnovelupdates likes this.
  11. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a scenario I've ever heard of, but I'll take your word for it, kind of? The hypothesis in my head would have been that in case of a clear difference in quality, the higher quality one would get the proper readers and the lower quality one would be assailed by toxic shitposters such as myself. It's honestly been a theory so smoothly working so far that I have trouble believing it's quite as dramatic as you make it sound. I know you're definitely wrong about the no-quality translations being picked back up though. There's plenty of series that have been retranslated from the beginning of wherever the shitty TN began.

No idea about these NU rules you speak about though.

12. rectorcaedo

rectorcaedo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    a lot of times Translators do it free/rely simply on add money/voluntary donations with no paywalls, and work on projects as a passion project, when another person comes in and snipes a project because you delayed either for IRL stuff or because you want to make sure there is a certain level of standards, it can kill your motivation to work on it if readers are happy with the lower quality work simply for releasing sooner. There are times were translators release a ch in like 2-3 months and people just become starved and accept almost anything and mostly readers are ok with the change, but it gets messier when the original translator releases a ch every 2 week versus someone every other day but their quality sucks and people are ok with the lower quality that alot of time is edited MTL work just because it is faster; at which point the original translator just losses motivation to work.

anonnovelupdates likes this.
  13. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    If the quality on the fast release is terrible, then I will wait for the other translation, even if it takes a couple months. If the quality difference is "negligible" between them, then i will follow the faster release. If I haven't heard anything from a translator in several months, and i find a lower quality translator has released a batch of chapters, where they are readable enough that i only end up with a minor headache after reading, then that's fine.

14. ThyUnsuspicious

Reading List:
    Link
  15. anonnovelupdates

anonnovelupdates Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure what a hoovy is, but that profile pic looks like a sad one.

16. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. It just another [censored] translator, hungry for donation. It's pretty obvious to see as they didn't even try to read what was in novel before and have very clear message like "give us donation or you wouldn't see next chapter". The last chapter is mostly unreadable mtl. They didn't even bother to proofread it.
    I doubt that they even tried to contact another translator to see if another translation is dead.
    Considering that I see such situation not first time it's pretty easy to see where it going. Can only wish that ThyUnsuspicious wouldn't be bothered by such situation and would still translate at his pace.

anonnovelupdates and hillo315 like this.
  17. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Given what he's written in the latest chapter, he's still at it.

hillo315 and anonnovelupdates like this.
  18. ThyUnsuspicious

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed I am. Just finished up C14, but it may not be edited for awhile (Editor's internet is currently down due to heavy rains).

19. Nighthawlc

Nighthawlc Nyan nyan nyan nyan

Reading List:
    Link
  20. ThyUnsuspicious

Reading List:
    Link
    Ayyy! ....I dunno if I can keep translating the WN now, though.

Edit: C14's been posted. That's all she wrote folks.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020