Mini RPG Monster Raider - Monster World

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Zero300, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    Monster Sighted!
    [​IMG]
    Some villagers foraging in the plains to the south have been attacked by a trio of goblins! Thinking that this is a one-time thing, the villagers did not think much about it. However, recently, they have been experiencing more attacks. Go, Raiders, and check out the solution. Find the goblins and kill them!

Party Limit: 4 players
    Quest Type: Repeatable
    Notice Alert: @Wireath @LittleFox21 @Kudaranai @GamingIce @Zero300 @MaliMi @LNOnlineOtaku @Simon @WildBill49 @DSYS @Exitiumm @Ddraig

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    MaliMi likes this.
  2. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
    Nin Monster Report #1

Name: Emerald Crabs

Species: Crab

Subrace: Emerald Crab

Traits: Aquatic and Land, Marine Life, Possible Food Ingredient, Decapod (10 legs), Mainly walk sideway

Stats:

HP: 60

STA: 10

Skills:

Pinch: 5 DMG

• The Emerald Crab will use it claws to pinch its target dealing 5 physical damage.

Slam: 10 DMG (Cost 5 STA)

• The Emerald Crab Crawl sideways slamming its target with its claw and body dealing 10 Physical damage while at the same time drain its Stamina.

Bubbles: Dodge one attack (2 uses)

• The Emerald Crab will shoot out harmless bubbles from its mouth which distract the attacker from making it a hit. It is believe that the Emerald Crab usually use this to threaten its attackers and force them to turn back.

Passive:

Exoskeleton: Reduce Physical Damage by 5

• Due to its Shell and Exoskeleton, it is unlikely to be damaged by a weak attack as it reduce physical damage by 5

Description: The Emerald Crab is a local creature in the West Emerald Bay. For some reason, they do not appear over on East Emerald Bay. They are creature which are sensitive towards their own territory and would attack any intruders. While at the same time, they will easily populate their kind and come back to claim its territory. They will also declare war against each other for territory, so it normal for the Emerald Crabs to return and attack any intruders at normal intervals. Their Legs and Body are a good food item and is wanted by many to taste at least once.

Reward: 5 Gold and 15 EXP

Drops: Crab Leg, Crab Shell, Stat Point, Skill Point, ???

Note: Drops/Rewards are not finalized

3. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Note: I wrote this as if this area haven’t been explored yet

Month XX Day XX Year XXXX

I been tasked to journey and explore the area south of the southern plains. Today I packed all my things and prepare to head out.

I arrive the area to find a large body of water. Sand over the land from the water to the dirt behind me. Glancing towards both sides, I can see the sand continue to stretch onward the horizon being the border of the body of water and land. I glanced back onto the body of water looking for a end. However, the water seem to expand far beyond of what I can see. For now I will explore around the body of water to see what I can find.

I explored this land of sand which seems to end at certains points and cliffs separating the sand and the southern plains around the west side. Looking at the side of the cliffs I can see many holes in the middle carving inside to who knows what. I decided to walk toward the end of the bottom of the cliff seeing nothing out of ordinary. I turn around to see to return back and explore the other direction, the direction I came from. Thinking hard how annoying it would be to walk back and explore the other side of the land would be problematic seeing that these land of sand will end at one point. It was at this moment I heard water clashing behind me, but as I turned around I see no rush of water. Confused I turned back and try to listen again for the water clashing against the walls. I heard it again, however it was behind the small wall in front of me. I decided to walk into the water and go around the small wall to find a cave entrance there. Looking inside I can see a few creatures. It was a creature with 8 legs and a shell covering the main body. I decided to write about these creatures within a different report after exploring this cave. For now I will rest for the day and explore the cave the another day while observing the creatures inside.

Today, I explored the cave. I noticed those creatures coming out and leaving around certain point of the day which I believe to be them leaving to gather food from the body of water. They usually bring back different types of fish in the area pinched between their claws. By now I understand the generally length of time it takes for them to hunt for food and return. I enter the cave to find what inside. Going inside I noticed the cave branched off into tunnels while at the same time, I see many creatures crawling around making it difficult for me to scout the place. However before I made my decision to leave, I saw a bigger version of these creatures. I am guessing that this creature that just appear is their leader. I continue to observe these creatures inside these caves and write my report regarding these creatures. For the time being I will go back outside to camp.

It was only in the morning that I realize I had some white grain on clothing when I woke up. Curious as I was, I decided to give it a small taste to find out that it was salt. The only reason I can think of why I have salt is because of the cave I went into the day before. If I am right, then I stumbled upon a place that we can use as a salt mine. In any case, I need to observed the creature before me just in case, before I return back to town. I have now given up on exploring the west side of this land of sand. At this point I believe that this body of water contains a lot of salt water. I believe that this body of water might actually be the large mass of water in this world that we call the sea. (Or we can say “I will call this body of water the sea for now”)

Month XX Day XX YearXXXX

I just found out that this isn’t the only nest that belongs to those creatures. However, it seems that these creatures have their own groups and hate intruders in their territories based on me seeing some infighting happening from the creatures that appear out of nowhere. I should keep note of this and write down in my final report.

I was able to find one of the creature by themself, so I took the opportunity to use it as a good specimen to bring back. I believe that now is a good time to head back. As I was walking back I noticed a few flying creatures flying above, it seems that the holes I saw in the cliffs seem to be their nest. Just in case, I will be checking if these birds would be a danger or just a harmless creature to ignore.

Since I have nothing to do while the birds come and go I decided to pick up a few things around this coast to bring back as part of my report. I picked up some beautiful shells and feathers dropped by those birds. I can see that this would be a great place to focus on.

I was awoken by a straight sound in the middle of the night. When I got up I noticed a slight changed within the surrounding. Before me was a cave which wasn’t there the day before or when I arrived. It was too strange for a cave I haven’t noticed to appear out of nowhere, so I venture in. The first thing I noticed as soon as I enter was strange markings on the wall. Sadly, I couldn’t understand what all these symbols are and what their purpose was. I was able to venture in until the ground started shaking. Very quickly, strange humanoid creatures were slowly appearing from the darkness of the cave pointing some kind of spear toward me. I turned around to see the entrance flashing like it will disappear at any moment. I dash toward the exit while hearing some screaming behind me. I ran through the exit and then turn around. It was gone… The cave that just appear also disappear suddenly. I think I will stay a bit longer to see what is up with this place.

Several Days have pass. Around midnight, the cave has reappear like how I woken up that night. After peeking through the entrance, I can tell at a first glance that it is the same cave. I feel like there is something ominous might be happening, but I shook the feeling off. For now, I need to return back and report all my findings.

I have returned back to Raid City. Now I need to go report all my findings and evidence I could bring with me to show what we can do with this new area. I can only hope that my findings will give me a reward for my efforts and time in scouting this land.

Final Report:

South of the Southern Field is the coast of the Sea, a large body of water that tends over the horizon seemingly boundless. Along the coast south of the Southern Field is a huge cliffs filled with holes home to unknown creatures as I haven’t gotten the time to observed each and everyone of them. However, the most common creature would be a white bird with black wings hovering over the coast looking for simple food that they can snatch up from the ground. These birds are harmless. For now, I will call them Seagulls until an official name for them is created after more close observation. At the same time, I think tasted a few of the things that seems edible due to me being a chef. After eating a few things, I was able to get some inspiration about new recipes that I could create and this help us in gathering food for the city that we can transport back. After some time I decided to stop gathering these items and continue to investigate this land of sand by going west.

Close to the end of the land of sand that is close by the cliff is a cave hidden from plain sight. Only by walking into the water around the cliff would one find the cave. Inside the cave, are creatures with 6 legs and 2 large claws. They main body are only a huge shell with their legs and claws coming out. Inside the cave is a larger version of these creature, but I believe that the creature would be their leader. Upon exploring the cave carefully, I found salt inside and I highly suggest about creating a salt mine here to exploit after clearing these creatures. We would also be required to dispose of these creatures as they are aggressive to intruders that come into their territory and would often fight their own species to gain the area. Sadly, I haven’t explore the entirely of the cave due to the amount of creatures inside. It seems that they lived in this area for a long time now. I have gather a bit of the salt and capture a specimen to bring back. For now, I will call these Creature “Emerald Crabs” due to their green and shiny shell. I have also brought back feathers of these Seagulls and beautiful shells that would profit if sold to female nobles or those with high standing. I have also found and caught a few fishes from this Sea. Sadly, I can not explain or give details to these fishes due to the large variety and dangers of the unknown when trying to catch them.

The most important aspect of my report is a strange cave found on the cliffs. This cave is not originality in any means. I coincidently was camping where the cave was when it appear and reveal itself. This cave is special for some unknown reason. Whatever inside that cave, is something we don’t know about. Along the walls of the cave are symbols unknown of what language or meaning they hold. They stretched around the cave’s wall and ceiling. They were many scratches on them proof that they been there for many years. For how many, it is unknown. I ventured a little further into the caves to find deadly humanoid creatures seemingly having their own language. The moment they spotted me, they raised their weapon and pointed them at me. They were aggressive. I quickly turned around and ran for the exit. As I was closing the exit, it seem like the exit was closing it self, closing itself from the outside world. All I know is that only a few hours pass since I came in. I jumped out the exit and turned around. The cave was no longer there. I stood there shocked and went closer to see if it was just an illusion. I hit the wall that used to be the cave entranced, but it was like the cave was never there. To my surprise I believe that this was no coincidence, so I made my decision to camp at this locations for a week to see if anything has changed or if that strange cave appear again. I already knew this cave was completely different from the potential Salt Mines I discover a few days before.

The cave reappear the moment the moon was close to its highest point. From my observation, the cave appear only before and after a half moon was at its highest point in the sky. Inside the cave was the thing I witness the first time I saw it. This time I was careful while scouting inside the cave of its dangers. What I noticed from these humanoid creatures was that they were not from any races that we have seen before. Parts of their bodies were covered with scales. Some portions of their bodies were not human. They had fins coming out from behind their backs and 3 things that look like scars running through each of their necks on both side. I decided to return back and report everything as long as nothing happens along the way. I want to keep this information hidden from the public as there are many things unknown about this cave and what is it purpose. I want to keep this area off-limits for the time being until we are prepared to investigate.

Before scouting these caves and what riches these area have, I look around this shore and found many things fascinating. It seems that most of the goblins stay inside the southern field and don’t head toward the shore for some reason. Along the way towards the shore is full of greenery and few wild animals if one is not careful. So far, on the whole journey I haven’t encounter much danger and saw a few flowers here and there. The view for watching the Sea was a beautiful site especially when it was sunset or sunrise. What make it more mysterious is that a few shells and the creature there are mainly have the same color as emerald. Even the water is dye in the color. Which is why I want to make this place Emerald Bay. I can say that this is a nice place that one should visit however there are the hidden dangers and profits that we can make off this area. For now I will wait for your decision on what we should do about this new discovered land. I will be writing a separate report about the creatures and what I know about them. I have also brought back a few items from the journey to be researched and used to see if they would be useful. During this whole journey I only the explored the West side of Emerald Bay that is south of the southern field. I believe that this coast will continue to extend to probably below the eastern forest, so for now we will cost his Emerald Bay until we research the other half. Once we explored that area we can call this West Emerald Bay and the yet to be discovered East Emerald Bay depending on how far the land spand. In order to develops these land, I want to request a few people to follow me to assist me in realizing these potentials profits that we can use.

Reported Month XX Day XX Year XXXX

Explorer Nin (signed)

4. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Nin Monster Report #2

Name: Emerald King Crab

Species: Crab

Subrace: Emerald Crab

Traits: Aquatic and Land, Marine Life, Possible Food Ingredient, Decapod (10 legs), Mainly walk sideway, Leader, Has Mana, King

Stats:

Lvl: 10

HP: 1200
    STA: 100/100
    MP: 60/60

Skills:

Claw Crush: 50 DMG (33% to be Grappled)

• The Emerald King Crab will use it claws to crush it targets. The Emerald King Crab is also try to hold onto the target rendering them useless in the meantime. The only action that the captured person can do is Melee Weapon.

Grapple Toss: 50 DMG (Half Damage to target)

• The Emerald King Crab will toss anything inside it grips to attack its enemies. If an living being was toss, It would feel quite dangerous as they face the full impact of being thrown and slam against something.

Slam: 100 DMG (10 STA)

• The Emerald King Crab sideways slamming its target with its claw and body dealing 100 Physical damage due to its speed and weight. However, this will drain the Emerald King Crab of some of it Stamina

Call of Assistance: Summon 5 Emerald Crab (2 uses)

• The Emerald King Crab is the leader of a pack of crabs. It would be no surprise if it call its subordinates to help attacks against any enemies. However, there is a limit of how much it can call. Restrictions: It can not call out any crabs unless all current crabs are dead. It can only Summon Crabs when its Hp reach 66% and 33%.

Water Floor: Causing Area to be Slippery (25MP)

• In most case, the Emerald King Crab will cause the ground around it to be slippery. Water is definitely part of its favorite terrain. Anyone inside this area will have a 25% chance of slipping after moving, moving using an reaction, making an Weapon Attack, and mainly actions that can cause large amount of movement. When fallen, it is difficult to make any reaction until you are back on your two feet making you vulnerable. Standing back up would required an action. (It will only cast this once)

• Special Note: If anything that has Liquid is added into the water floor let's say Acid Spray. Water Floor will combine with Acid Splash and deal Acid Damage to whoever is standing on it, but also deal double damage when they slip and fallen. And each time Acid Splash is cast, the damage is double as it concentrate.

Water Mirage: Dodge 1 attack (5MP)

• Using water within its surrounding, it can create an false image that would cause the attacker to miss their attack by making them attack a mirror image created by the wall of water. Restriction: only after Water Floor is cast
    Passive:

Exoskeleton: Reduce Physical Damage by 50

• Born with a hard exoskeleton, the crab is somewhat protected from non-mental damage as its shell reduces some physical damage. Slightly different from the Emerald Crab, the King shell is more stronger multiple times over.
    Refresh by Water: Recover Hp by 50

• Due to it being in its favorite terrain, it will naturally recover as long as water is nearby. Restriction: Near Water, or after casting Water Floor.
    King’s Aura: Increase DMG, Recover MP&STA, and Guts

• A king never waver in front of its subject. Until all subjects are down, the king will fight, protect, and Rule over them. For each Crab on the field, the King will have 10 DMG more and as long as a crab is still alive, the Emerald King Crab will stand back up with 200 HP(Even if it dies at the same time as the crab). For each Crab the Emerald King Crab “see” dies, it will recover 10MP and STA due to rage.
    Boss Privilege: Can’t be Stop

• As a boss monster, any effects that would cause it to skip a turn will have a half chance of succeeding (ex. 100% -> 50%, 50%-> 25%). It will also reduce DOT (damage over Time) by half.

Description: The Emerald King Crab is a leader of the Emerald Crab. For how many Emerald King Crab there are, it is unknown. Emerald Crabs will usually find and accept a Emerald King Crab as it leader and will follow it and protects its territory. Emerald King Crabs are usually hard to find as they usually stay behind in their nest to watch over the other crabs. It is also rumor that the meat from the Emerald King Crab is the highest quality meat from the Emerald Crabs, but it is only rumors as many were slain by the Emerald King Crab as they greed over the taste of its meat.

Rewards: 80 G, 200 EXP, 30x Crab meat, 20 Stat Points, 20 Skill Points, ???

Drops: Crab Meat, Stat Point, Skill Point, Crab Shield (???), Skill Book - Grapple Toss, Skill Book - Water Floor, ???

Notes: Everything in this report is not finalized (basically, stats, skill, drops)

King Crab boss fight usually start with 5 crabs also

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Zero300 likes this.
  5. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Reverse Raid Event #1
    [​IMG]
    Description:
    Giant bird-like monsters that are descendants of Rocs. They have brown feathers with pike-like beaks and sharp talons. They are a warrior race with specialty in aerial attacks. These monsters are fierce and powerful, known to tear an elephant apart with their talons and fly to altitudes of a thousand feet high. Notable weakness is that they're afraid of large amounts of water as such can dampen their wings and prevent them from flying.

Storyline #1:
    Somewhere in the Western Mountains, a large bird-like monster flew into the mouth of a large cave. Upon arriving, the monster shrunk in size and transformed into a more human-like figure. The humanoid had a body of a human but a head of bird. The monster's wing were neatly folded on his back. This birdman strolled into the cave and, upon arriving at the cavern, bellowed deeply.

"IronFeathers! Are you here?"

"Esteemed Elder, what brings you here?" A giant bird appeared from within the shadows and bowed before the birdman.

"I have a message from the Avian King - His Lordship, the Skywind."

"Please speak."

"There have been disturbances in the borders of the mountains. Scouts have reported of Landwalkers fighting the Giant Ants."

"Landwalkers? And capable of defeating Giant Ants?"

"Yes, that's right."

"And...Lord Skywind thinks they are a threat?"

"As expected of the lord of the Giant Hawks. You're not as bird-brained as your subordinates."

"Thank you for your kindness."

The birdman waved his hand dismissively and remarked. "Anyways, you are right. His Lordship orders you to take them out. A couple of your elites would be enough, I presume."

IronFeathers bowed once more in compliance. "Yes, Esteemed Elder, I will take care of it."

"Good."

The birdman turned around briskly and departed. Soon, a flapping of the wings could be heard in the distance, signalling the departure of the monster. IronFeathers turned towards his attendant and remarked. "You heard it right?"

"Yes, milord." The Giant Hawk with a long scar across his blind eye bowed.

"Then, who should we send?"

"If I may, how about third prince?"

"Oh? Why him?"

"Third Prince isn't as cunning as his eldest brother, nor is he diplomatic like his younger brother...and he definitely does not have your affection like Second Princess. But, Third Prince is the strongest of your four children and has potential to lead your army. Let him take care of the Landwalkers as a test to garner your favor."

"Hmm...you're right. Send him along with two squads. Tell him I want him to display our strength to those Landwalkers and warn them to stay away from our territories. Tell him I want this done as quickly as possible. ScarEye, you follow him as well."

"Understood. Right away sir."

Reverse Raid Event:
    Twenty Giant Hawks led by the third prince - GoldenEye - and ScarEye flew towards Raid City. With the ambush in their favor, the bird-like monsters descend towards the raiders.

GoldenEye - Lvl 15

Stats:
    HP: 3000/3000
    STA: 500/500
    MP: 300/300

Skills:
    Gust of Wind: repels away anything with powerful winds. Moves enemies away from user for one round. (20 MP)
    Triple Attack: attacks with beak and talons, dealing 300 DMG each and cause Bleed status for 50 DMG per round. (50 STA)
    Tornado: by flapping his wings at a certain angle and speed, the Giant Hawk is able to generate a powerful twister that deals 500 DMG plus confusion and knockback. When an enemy is confused, it must attack on the next turn and its attack must hit an ally. (50 MP)
    Fly: dodges an attack by taking to the skies. Stays in the sky until the next Triple Attack. (5 uses)
    Grab and Drop: grabs an enemy and flies vertically. For each turn the Giant Hawk doesn't get attacked, he will fly 100 feet into the air. When attacked, the Giant Hawk will drop the enemy. DMG done to enemy will depend on height dropped by a factor of 1.5. That means, 100 feet in air does 150 DMG. (30 STA)
    Team Attack: having worked as a team for so long, these Giant Hawks are known to help one another when executing combo attacks. If an ally is alive, it can provide 100 extra DMG. (3 uses)
    Warcry: boosts morale of allies by restoring STA and MP by 20% user's total STA and MP. (25 MP)

Special:
    Ambushed!!: Because the Giant Hawks are ambushing, they get +5 to initiative rolls.

ScarEye - Lvl 15
    upload_2018-10-2_2-3-22.jpeg
    Stats:
    HP: 4000/4000
    STA: 600/600
    MP: 250/250

Skills:
    Gust of Wind: repels away anything with powerful winds. Moves enemies away from user for one round. (20 MP)
    Triple Attack: attacks with beak and talons, dealing 300 DMG each and cause Bleed status for 50 DMG per round. (50 STA)
    Tornado: by flapping his wings at a certain angle and speed, the Giant Hawk is able to generate a powerful twister that deals 500 DMG plus confusion and knockback. When an enemy is confused, it must attack on the next turn and its attack must hit an ally. (50 MP)
    Fly: dodges an attack by taking to the skies. Stays in the sky until the next Triple Attack. (5 uses)
    Grab and Drop: grabs an enemy and flies vertically. For each turn the Giant Hawk doesn't get attacked, he will fly 100 feet into the air. When attacked, the Giant Hawk will drop the enemy. DMG done to enemy will depend on height dropped by a factor of 1.5. That means, 100 feet in air does 150 DMG. (30 STA)
    Team Attack: having worked as a team for so long, these Giant Hawks are known to help one another when executing combo attacks. If an ally is alive, it can provide 100 extra DMG. (3 uses)
    Intimidation: instills fear into all enemies who fail a 1d10 roll (8-10 pass, 1-7 fail). Scared enemies deals half damage and can't react. Lasts for one round. (25 STA)

Special:
    Ambushed!!: Because the Giant Hawks are ambushing, they get +5 to initiative rolls.

Giant Hawk - Lvl 15
    upload_2018-10-2_2-7-3.jpeg
    Stats:
    HP: 2500/2500
    STA: 300/300
    MP: 300/300

Skills:

Special:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
    LNOnlineOtaku and Robofs740 like this.
  6. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    looks good. I'll modify it a bit though later.

7. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Go ahead
    None of my future report is not the final version
    I will leave the final tweaking to you

8. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    this is not a monster, so no.

9. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Slime Lord, Water Lvl 10
    [​IMG]
    Hearing the cries of its children, this giant monstrosity rushes out of its comfort zone to check up on the situation. Upon arriving at the scene, it realizes that only the raiders before it could do such a thing. With anger, it attacked.

Stats

HP: 3000/3000
    MP: 600/600

Skills
    Merge: combines with nearby slimes to heal 500 HP. Costs 20 MP.
    Absorb: drains the essence of nearby slimes to regenerate 200 MP (3 uses)
    Pouring Blue: heavily pour MP-draining rain. Decrease enemy 10 MP every turn for 3 rounds. (Can't be resisted by Magic Resist) Costs 100 MP.
    Water Blade: fires a jet of high-pressure water that cuts through even steel. Deals 400 DMG. Cause Bleeding Status - 5 DMG per turn. Costs 100 MP.
    Pound: grabs onto a nearby enemy and slams him or her onto the ground for 200 DMG
    Ram: slams into nearby enemy for 500 DMG.
    Physical Resist: resist all physical attacks for one round. Costs 50 MP
    Auto-Regenerate: regenerate 100 HP and 50 MP per turn. Passive skill.
    Summon Water Slimes: summons ten Water Slimes to join in the fight (3 uses).

10. WildBill49

WildBill49 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll join baby.

11. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
    me

12. Mrninja

Mrninja Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sign me up.

13. GamingIce

GamingIce 『Holder of the Ring of Promise』『RPG Nerd』

Reading List:
    Link
    @Zero300 If it'll be done on forums then I'm a nogo >_>

14. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    it's not. it'll be done on discord. may have to divide into a couple of days though.

GamingIce likes this.
  15. Robofs740

Robofs740 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm interested in joining the Water Slime Lord Raid

16. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Wireath

Wireath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Want to join, but not sure if I'll be able to make it.

18. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    it's been filled. sorry.

19. Honghi

Honghi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna join

20. Wireath

Wireath Well-Known Member