Mini RPG Monster Slayer - Exploration

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Zero300, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Zero300

Zero300 『Mask Maker』『Kamen Rider Khaos』『Demon Immortal』

Reading List:
    Link
    Here, players will have quests where they conduct reconnaissance on monsters and report back the monsters' skills, habits, and weaknesses in order for a full-on attack to happen. If you don't know what's going on here, then you definitely haven't signed up. If you're interested, go to this link: Monster Slayer

2. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  3. Zero300

Reading List:
    Link
    Cutscene #1 - Rabbit's Fury
    Once the horned rabbit was beaten to death by Zero, the party stooped down to attempt on dismantling the two corpses. The process was long but fruitful. Everyone except Zero was successful in their attempts. Two out of three is a passing grade. While Rune Reader and Looter rummaged through the bodies, a whimpering creature collapsed with emotion behind some bushes in the distance. The creature was a smaller version of the horned rabbits that Zero’s party had taken care of. It was a baby horned rabbit. The baby horned rabbit whimpered once more as it struggled to stand up. With one last teary glance, it hopped away.

Hours later, while the monster slayers were celebrating their first win, the baby horned rabbit had arrived before a small wooden cabin. With a whimpering wail, the baby horned rabbit cried out its grievances. The baby horned rabbit and its parents were out foraging for food when a group of small humans threw a rock at it. The rock chipped away its immature horn, causing fury from its parents. The baby horned rabbit’s parents charged towards the perpetrator and bit at his ankles. However, soon after the small humans were chased away, big humans arrived. The bloodthirsty monsters had mercilessly slaughtered its parents and even embedded its parents’ horns in one of the humans that had died…a sacrilegious act against its late parents.

As soon as the baby horned rabbit finished its story, a melodic voice filled with anger roared out. “What!? How dare those two-legged, furless scum!”

Immediately, the door to the cabin flew open as a beautiful, fairy-like humanoid strolled out. The female humanoid looked a lot like humans except she had pink rabbit ears and a white, fluffy rabbit tail. The rabbit humanoid gently picked up the weak baby horned rabbit and held a hand towards its horn. With a faint glow, the chipped horn of the baby horned rabbit regenerated and its wounds disappeared.

The baby horned rabbit glanced up at the female with teary eyes and pleaded. “Queen Cottontail, you are our kind’s strongest heroine. Please help me bring justice onto those vile demons!”

“Don’t worry little one, I will help you. Come inside and get some food. Only when you are healthy and strong will you have your revenge.”

“Uhn.”

As the baby horned rabbit enter the wooden cabin, Queen Cottontail glared into the distance and murmured. “Come out.”

“Haha, your Ladyship is still as perceptive as ever. You could even sense me while I’m invisible.” A male humanoid with reptilian skin blurred into existence.

The male was essentially a large lizardman with two piercing horns on his head. The male looked at Queen Cottontail with lust-filled eyes and suggested. “Want me to help you out?”

“And in exchange, you want my body?”

“Haha, you know me well.”

“You do know I’m a married woman right? What will my husband think?”

“Heh!” The lizardman sneered. “Since when did you care about what that man thinks? You know full well what a frivolous and useless male he is. Why do you still cling onto him?”

“He may be useless, but he’s still at least stronger than you.” The rabbit woman glanced at the lizardman with a shake of her head.

“You bitch!”

“Other than my body, you can have anything else if you can help me vent this injustice.”

“Anything?”

“Anything within my power, yes.”

“Fine.” The lizardman grinned as he told Queen Cottontail what he wanted.

“Modo! Don’t go too far!” Queen Cottontail hissed.

“Then, you can handle the humans yourself. From what I heard, these bloodthirsty humans are killing more and more of your rabbitkind. The other horned rabbits may not know this but you are on house arrest so you can’t venture out of this forest to help them. What will you do? Huh?”

“You! Fine!” Queen Cottontail gave in helplessly. It was for the greater good. One small sacrifice to save many.

“Haha, thank you for the sacrifice. I will enjoy it. As for the humans, my geckos will take care of them.” Modo headed towards the wooden cabin with a grin.

“Wait!” Queen Cottontail screamed.

“What? Changed your mind?”

“D-Don’t make a mess.”

“Haha, no worries. I won’t.” Modo cracked another toothy grin as he entered the wooden cabin. Moments later, screams of utter terror as well as Modo’s cackles echoed through the quiet forest.

4. PotionMaster

PotionMaster Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exploration Quest #3
    A portal of some sort opened up today at Lakewood Pond to the west...and a massive blob of what-the-hell slithered out before the opening closed back up again. The massive, green blob started splitting into hundreds of smaller blobs before rushing away in all directions. One of the travelers, who spotted this occurrence, drew a picture of one of this "blobs". What are they? Someone go find out!
    [​IMG]

Blob Exploration Report:

I took this exploration quest because I was tired of fighting the same things over and over again. BUT OF COURSE, the one time I’m out they end up fighting some really strong geckos!!! I heard all about it when I got back, so I’d appreciate some thanks for this. I accept both cash and credit. Man, I wish other people were as funny as me. Anyway, back to my report. I decided to go after the blobs after hearing about them because they sound and look just like slimes, and who doesn’t love slimes? They’re the basis of all monsters. The most important one. And never get enough credit.

First, I went out west. Would you believe I couldn’t even see the lake when I saw the first one? I was at least a few hours away from it, so they’re either reproducing like crazy or just wandering around aimlessly. The first one I saw was just sitting in a field. It was alone, and I didn’t want to be the one to test it out since all I knew about it was from the picture that guy drew. What if it’s nothing like the slimes I have come to know and love? That would be disappointing. Unless they somehow got better which, let’s be honest, is impossible.

I got bored after a few minutes, so I went and found a horned rabbit. Those things can’t even hurt me when I’m trying now, so it was just a matter of time before I caught it. I may have caught a few cuts, but it was worth it. I threw it into the field and hid. I’m not sure how the slime sees or hears or anything like that, but it seemed to notice the appearance of the horned rabbit. This is where it gets good.

The slime immediately jumped at the horned rabbit. Don’t ask me how, I have no idea. Probably some magic or something. Of course, the rabbit had just been thrown by me, so it wasn’t exactly prepared to be jumped at. It was still trying to get it’s bearing when all of a sudden it was pounced upon by the slime. It was beautiful. The rabbit obviously struggled. It tried to claw and bite at the slime, but it didn’t even go for the core. Everyone knows you have to hit the core. It wasn’t like the slime was going to just let it though. It actually did hit the core a few times, and the rabbit was able to get away out of the slime’s grasp. The rabbit used this chance to try and counterattack. Horn to the core. Beautiful attack. Split the core right down the middle. Slimes are just as weak as always, or so both the rabbit and I thought.

The rabbit obviously wasn’t going to eat the slime. That would be gross. Also, it would probably hurt since the slime had been dissolving the rabbit the entire time it was on it. Slimes are still acidic, while I think it’s cool, it isn’t great for me. It would be better if they were just like puddles. The rabbit wasn’t going to come towards me either, so it headed off towards the other direction. Rabbit 1, Slime 0. And then, the slimes pounced. That’s right, plural, it had split. The rabbit never stood a chance. It got caught completely off guard and was slowly dissolved by the two slimes.

Now, as a proper student, I took science classes, and I know the scientific method. One experiment isn’t enough, so how can I perform more? Should I find another rabbit? It was hard enough finding the first one. But, studious as always, I went off to hunt. I didn’t find any though and when I came back, the slimes were gone, so what to do? Head off to the lake. More slimes equal more fights. That’s when I found it, slime heaven, or at least it would be if it weren’t for those stupid rabbits. Did I ever mention that I hate the rabbits? Oh, you thought the fact that I caught a rabbit for my experiment was coincidence? No, I hate those stupid horned rabbits. I guess the lake was some sort of watering hole for them. Good for research, bad for the rabbits.

I stayed away in case the slimes had any more tricks up their sleeves. I just watched from afar, like a good explorer. I didn’t notice anything groundbreaking though. I never saw any Big or Huge slimes. I never saw special colored slimes, and I definitely didn’t see a slime with a crown which means I still have a chance to become the slime king myself. Granted, I don’t want to have a slime’s body, but I wouldn’t mind being king of them. This time the rabbits knew what they were getting into. They came prepared. They windstepped, they dodged, and they attacked. It was a fair fight. Too bad, I was hoping for a rabbit massacre. I hate those things. It looks like a slime can only split once too. I guess they need time to regenerate after a split or something. After, I watched that for an hour or two, like the studious man I am, I started to head back, so I could give this report. And that is when I learned about the new forms of geckos attacking. I don’t know if it was worth it or not to head after those slimes, but I really wish I could have done both. (I also inserted my own drawing of the slime below. You could call it fanart.)

Love, Zizz

[​IMG]

Small Slime
    [​IMG]

Grade: Black
    Element: Water
    Size: Small
    Level: 1

HP: 36/36
    STA: 6/6
    MP: 10/10

Description:
    A monster that consists of some sort of sticky, gelatinous substance. The monsters tend to vary in size from moment to moment due to their body being not necessarily always staying together. The slimes in the wild seems to lack any sort of motive other than devouring other living things to increase their numbers. It looks like the things they devour dissolve into more slime. They are constantly splitting creating even more slimes.

Skills:

• Split – When a slime reaches 0 HP, it can split into two fully recovered slimes of one level of size smaller. (All resulting slimes have the same initiative as the original slime)
    • Dodge – The slime moves out of the way of the attack or grapple. 50% chance of success. Able to dodge while involved in a grapple with a 20% chance of success.
    • Acidic Touch – Any creature grappling or being grappled by a slime take 5 DMG at the beginning of that creature’s turn as well as on any successful grapple on the slime.
    • Pounce – Pounce at a creature and deal 5 DMG as well as giving the slime a 50% chance to grapple that creature. Can not be used while grappling. Costs 2 STA.
    • Dissolve - The slime attempts to dissolve part of a creature it is touching. Deals 6 DMG and grants the slime 3 temporary health. Costs 2 MP

Rewards: None as they turn into tiny slimes at death.

Tiny Slime
    [​IMG]

Element: Water
    Size: Tiny

HP: 12/12
    STA: 2/2
    MP: 4/4

Description:
    A monster that consists of some sort of sticky, gelatinous substance. The monsters tend to vary in size from moment to moment due to their body being not necessarily always staying together. The slimes in the wild seems to lack any sort of motive other than devouring other living things to increase their numbers. It looks like the things they devour dissolve into more slime. They are constantly splitting creating even more slimes.

Skills:

• Dodge – The slime moves out of the way of the attack or grapple. 50% chance of success. Able to dodge while involved in a grapple with a 20% chance of success.
    • Acidic Touch – Any creature grappling or being grappled by a slime take 5 DMG at the beginning of that creature’s turn as well as on any successful grapple on the slime.
    • Pounce – Pounce at a creature and deal 5 DMG as well as giving the slime a 50% chance to grapple that creature. Can not be used while grappling. Costs 2 STA.
    • Dissolve - The slime attempts to dissolve part of a creature it is touching. Deals 3 DMG and grants the slime 3 temporary health. Costs 2 MP
    Rewards: 12 EXP, 1 BGC, roll 1d5 (1-3: nothing, 4-5: Vial of Acid)

Dismantle: d3: 1 = Slime Gel, 2 = Slime Core, 3 = Random Junk (Roll a d10 to see what creature they most recently dissolved, 1-4 being rabbit bone, 5-8 being gecko bone, 9-10 being human bone)

Zero300 likes this.
  5. kelkel1133

kelkel1133 Well-known Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Stone Gecko Migration Report:

A lone ghost is flying literally through trees, eyes trailing the destruction a migrant of stone geckos caused.

Apparently, the group he is scouting on is an offshoot from the main gecko cluster that is currently retreating from the city walls.

Mysteriously enough, the stone-variants suddenly diverged from the group and took a shortcut southwest into the forest.

Normally, geckos are quite fond of their variant cousins, opting to hunt together with geckos of different specialty to improve their synergy. It is the main reason that the city guards couldn’t cull them so easily forcing the military to hire mercenaries to take care of them.

Naturally, this sudden divergence instantly sent an alarm to the Senate. This sudden change hadn’t been foreseen by the scholars so it caused a frenzy of activity. By the time it died down, the geckos already disappeared deep into the forest, making them very hard to track.

Except a few with notable conditions; namely, a ghost named Elohimiel.

Elohimiel soundlessly apparated through a wayward branch, easily bypassing the need of subtlety and grace. With his special characteristic of intangibility, the job might as well be a walk in the park so he unhesitatingly accepted it. Only the occasional reorientation of direction interrupted him as he merrily passed through dense plant life.

“Man, I sure hope this one would pay nicely,” he said to himself, eyeing the occasional fallen trees that were violently snapped from the base. Descending from the canopy, he drifted parallel to a mangled trunk and peered into it like a seasoned detective. “Hmm… something definitely slammed into this, probably a drunk driver… or a stone gecko. Meh, it might be a raging bull for all I know.”

Even with his jokes, not one moment had Elohimiel took his eyes from the disfigured tree. He traced the wooden scraps, idly noting that the trunk’s rings are still fresh, oozing with sap and that it had been done with such force that the other end flew a few feet away.

“Who am I kidding?” he lightly asked a rhetorical. “Disregarding car accidents, a raging bull will never willingly ram itself into a tree, no matter how angry it is. This must be done by those crazy geckos! Weeks forward and I couldn’t even fathom their behavioral patterns. Fantasial creatures are so illogical.”

Shaking his head, Elohimiel left the mark and resumed flying deeper into the forest. As expected, more and more fallen trees barred his path but he easily passed through them using his strange constitution. But even with racial advantages, he grew warier as each hundred meter he traveled, the number of snapped trees he encountered slowly increased, until it abruptly grew into an amount enough to level a new clearing.

There, clustered on a jutted rock, a bunch of stone geckos sat, eyes tracing the canopy and tongue flicking in and out.

“About damn time,” Elohimiel exclaimed to himself. Cutting a sharp curve, he decided the trouble isn’t worth it and circled the group; he silently apparate through the thickets, grinning as he passed the group. Even being a ghost, he isn’t exempted from being seen by fleshy mortals, his ectoplasmic energies disrupting electromagnetic radiation making him appear as a blur to the naked eye.

With the geckos none the wiser, he infiltrated the retreating group, hovering over the canopy and watching them from afar, as slowly, the geckos grew more concentrated. More and more they grouped themselves as he went deeper. More and more, new ones seemed to emerge from the forest and join them. More and more the cluster exponentially grew until finally, they arrived in front of a rocky hill.

Hundreds of caves cheesed the stone mound, all choke-full of the damnable geckos of various sizes.

Intellectually, it shouldn’t scare Elohimiel as he knew that they couldn’t touch him. Intellectually, he knew he could easily escape. Intellectually, he knew the geckos hadn’t seen him at all. But that didn’t help him from the terror he felt when he saw a massive truck-sized reptilian head poking out of the hill’s caldera, tongue flicking into the sky in a silent proclamation of power.

Ashen-faced, Elohimiel escaped bearing bad news.

Zero300 likes this.
  6. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Exploration Quest #1

A pack of strange, four-legged creatures the size of coffee table was last spotted roaming in the grasslands south of the city. The mayor of the city would like to have a Slayer or a group of Slayers head over and scout out this monster. Who is willing?
    [​IMG]

Four-legged Creature Exploration Report:

I undertook this quest with Rao and Zizz it seems. While taking a search around the sighting of the four-legged creature, Zizz massacred a couple of rabbits, captured some others, and as if the creature smelled the blood; It came right to our area.
    Zizz suggested throwing the rabbits at them to see what happened. We agreed to the idea; one of them charged right at the rabbits, while some other creatures waited. Then, the one who charged first, seeming like the leader issued a loud howl as if to command the others.
    The creatures looked like wolf things as they charged towards the other rabbits. They had sharp razor like edges on their body and teeth. One of them got nicked by their comrade’s (probably comrade anyways) razor thing. So we decided to call them Razorwolves.
    Rao seemed to have gotten too close while observing them. Effectively getting bit on his leg, blood and more blood flowed out of his leg. Rao turned even paler than they were when Zizz massacred the Horned Rabbits. After we all ran away and rested, Rao’s bleeding finally stopped.
    Also, I reached out to pet one, but Zizz hurriedly stopped me. No idea why. I also tried to stab one, but Zizz stopped me again. No idea why again. Then, I tried to get a live Horned Rabbit to feed one, but this time Rao stopped me.
    Anyways this concludes the report on the Razorwolves, A.K.A, Four-legged creature.

-From Syll
    Razorwolf

[​IMG]

Element: Physical
    HP: 35/35
    STA: 15/15

Description:
    A creature with four legs and razors along their spine, legs, and sharp teeth. They are small in size and are a muddy brown color. They are vicious towards their prey as well as competitive. They seem to have a smidge of rationality, but mostly indulge in hunting.

Skills:
    • Bite - Bites target for 8 DMG and causes target to bleed causing the player to take damage at the beginning of their turn equal to the number of rounds since the bleed started. If another bleed is added it increases the round count by one. The creature must rest for a turn to get rid of the bleed. Cost 3 STA.
    • Charge - Charge at the target and deal 10 DMG and knockback. Cost 2 STA
    • Scratch - Scratch the target for 6 DMG.
    • Razor Hide - 50% chance to reflect 50% of the attack back to the attacker and take no damage.
    Rewards: 20 EXP, 1 BGC, 1x Razorwolf Spike

Dismantle: d4: 1 = Razorwolf Meat, 2 = Razorwolf Claws x3, 3 = Razorwolf Fangs x2, 4 = Razorwolf Pelt x1

Razorwolf Alpha

[​IMG]

Element: Physical
    Level: 3
    HP: 80/80
    STA: 40/40
    MP: 10/10

Description:
    A creature with four legs and razors along their spine, legs, and sharp teeth; they seem to be much sharper than regular Razorwolves. They are slightly bigger than the others, while they are still a muddy brown color. They are vicious towards their prey as well as competitive, this one even moreso. They seem to have a smidge of rationality, but mostly indulge in hunting.
    (Warning: Alphas will only show up if more than 15 pack members have been killed)

Skills:
    • Bite - Bites target for 18 DMG and causes target to bleed causing the player to take damage at the beginning of their turn equal to the number of rounds since the bleed started. If another bleed is added it increases the round count by one. The creature must rest for a turn to get rid of the bleed. Cost 5 STA.
    • Charge - Charge at the target and deal 20 DMG and knockback. Cost 3 STA
    • Scratch - Scratch the target for 12 DMG.
    • Howl - Allows normal Razorwolves to attack two times on their turn for the next round. All enemies roll a d10 and on a 1 or 2, they are scared, causing them to be unable to dodge or block for the next round. Cost 5 MP.
    • Razor Hide - 50% chance to reflect back 75% of the attack back to the attacker and take no damage
    • Alpha - The alpha must have a pack of at least three normal Razorwolves. If the alpha is tamed, it becomes a normal Razorwolf. If the alpha dies, normal Razorwolves have a 50% chance to be scarerd causing them to attempt to escape on their next turn.

Rewards: 50 EXP, 4 BGC, 1x Razorwolf Spike

Dismantle: d5 - 1 = Razorwolf Meat, 2 = Razorwolf Claws x3, 3 = Razorwolf Fangs x2, 4 = Razorwolf Pelt x1, 5 = Alpha’s Vocal Chords

7. kelkel1133

kelkel1133 Well-known Devil

Reading List:
    Link
    Exploration Quest #2:

They say curiosity killed the cat.

In my humble opinion, it doesn’t.

My own death is rather anticlimactic. I was but a young lad, eager to prove himself worthy. A bit of bravery, and I spelled my own death. I charged into rabbit territory with nary a single weapon, and got riddled with holes in return. Dead, not even my adventuring buddies could save me from bleeding. No ambulances remember?

So, why am I sharing this?

Well, it has to do with the fact that my second death might not be so different from my first.

“No, no, no, no, nononononononono!!” I screamed like a little girl, ducking under a magical wind-infused slash that threatened to lob my head off my body. To tell you the truth, I think this had been the first time I tried to dodge an attack. Ghosts like me are privileged people, immune to physical attacks and usually don’t care about the occasional stabs. I say usually because just earlier, a stab out of nowhere suddenly clipped off a part of my arm, left side from the wrist down.

It happened so suddenly that I hadn’t had the time to react. One moment I wiggled my fingers in a nonthreatening manner and then the next, a blur, my digits instantly disappeared, along with my hand.

I push the blame on the workers for this…

They’re kind of funny you know; cute creatures. They have four legs, so probably half-spiders… heh, eight divided by two, get it? Somewhat akin to mosquitos, they also look like one, legs ending in sharp pointed claws that could probably slash fleshy humans into mincemeat and six tube-like needles that destroyed the aesthetics of their faces. A sac of something red they carry on their backsides, probably food storage. That or bioluminescent lights like moths, I don’t know.

I personally call them Tesseract, in tribute to a 4-dimensional representation of a cube. Just like what I said, four legs so definitely not an arachnid and not an insect. I guess that would make four their lucky numbers, had they believed in fortune.

Not gonna lie though, Tesseract sounds cool.

They don’t seem to appreciate my enthusiasm though...

The first time they saw me, hiding behind a rock formation, they instantly went into frenzy. Well, I couldn’t fault them for that. I suppose I might have come off as a bit comical to them. In their highly detailed, ultra advanced complex eyes, I must’ve looked like a deer in headlights, idiotically sticking my head over the pastures as if a hunter in snipers hadn’t aimed his mark on me.

Oh well, failures happen so that we can learn from them.

A Tesseract Worker called his friends using strange buzzing sounds, that friend called his brother, the brother called his other brothers, and that other brother called his cousins… you get the picture. Basically, they buzzed the hell out of me, calling the entire hive and scaring me to death! Well, technically, to second death…

They even had the audacity to hurl acids at me, which thankfully passed through my ghostly frame, so clearly, not magical. A good thing, I praise my luck. Had that amount of acid hit me then and there, I’ll sell myself as a pet on merchant center for free, to anyone who could retrieve an unburnt piece of my body.

It was a catastrophe, I daresay; cratered the whole ground, liquefied tall trees, even clipped off some of their cousin’s wings. The last one had been funny, not even I had expected a mosquito-looking creature would crash humorously like that.

But well, like all badly-written comedic prose, it’ll end relatively good the moment the main character himself faces hardship on his own. To struggle despite adversaries, to win from a hopeless scene, to emerge victorious against insurmountable odds—those are what the audience wants to see.

That’s why my left arm transformed into a stump, instilling fear that ghosts can still be killed again.

The thing is, I learned my lessons. I learned I learned that wind-attuned monsters are not to be trifled with. They are fast, monstrously fast, and an absolute horror at close-quarter combat. They even had wind slashes, I tell you! For God’s sake, the had Wind Scythes! So quick, so sharp, like an iaido slash you wouldn’t even see it coming. It’s a silver lining they couldn’t shoot it off.

In short, it was disastrous.

Sleeker and more combat-oriented than normal workers, they’re a blur to my vision. Slashes and buzzing noises rained on me like well-wishes on my birthday. They were so annoying that had I not leveraged my considerable INT by turtling inside a rock formation, I’ll probably be ectoplasmic waste by now.

Damnable assassins! Fell down 96 trees in 79 slashes, and couldn’t even follow a ghost underground. Hah, take that you buzzy bastards!

The only regret I have on this mission is that I hadn’t seen their queen…

At the start of the match, roll 5d(2-5; your choice) where the result is the number of Tesseract Worker you face.
    Roll another d20, where if it lands at 16-20, add a Tesseract Assassin.
    Roll nd3, where n is the result of the first roll. This is the individual level of the Workers.

Tesseract Worker

[​IMG]

Element: Nature, Wind
    Level: 1-3

HP: [15/15], [25/25], [35/35]
    STA: [4/4], [8/8], [12/12]
    MP: [8/8], [12/12], [16/16]

Description:
    The Tesseract Workers are the main builders of the nest. Their primary job is to ensure that the hive is properly protected against would-be predators. They are usually seen buzzing around their stations, reinforcing hive walls with organic waste they harvest from melted prey and responding to other workers’ calls for help. Although airborne, they are slower than they look; their speed only amounting to slightly faster than drones.

Skills:
    • Airborne (Passive) – They fly above ground, easily keeping themselves from being preyed upon by land-bound creatures. The Tesseract Worker cannot be shackled by any grappling means.
    • Acidic Spit – Spits out acidic solution dealing 4 UNBLOCKABLE acid damage and dealing 2 more acidic damage at the beginning of the target’s turn for 2 rounds. Costs 2 MP.
    • Call to Arms (Passive) – When HP drops below 10 (i.e. 9.9), lets out a buzzing sound that attracts other Tesseract Workers. Party leader must roll a d3; and the resulting number will then be the number of Tesseract Workers to be added at the end of the initiative. (roll d3 for each added Worker again to determine their individual levels)
    • Claw Attack – Due to their ultra-sharp claws they are natural born predators, capable of tearing into meat as if it was tofu. 6 DMG; 2 STA cost.
    • Expendable Creature – Automatically dies after MP and STA is emptied out.
    Rewards: [10], [15], [20] EXP, 1BGC, 1x Insect Claw
    Dismantle: d4: 1 = Insect Meat x1, 2 = Insect Wing x4, 3 = Acid Sac x1, 4 = Storage Sac x1
    (Cannot be tamed for now)

Tesseract Assassin

[​IMG]

Element: Nature, Wind
    Level: 7

HP: 500/500
    STA: 35/35
    MP: 45/45

Description:
    Tesseract Assassins are the hive’s Elite members. They are the backbone of the hive. If a prey cannot be defeated with numbers alone, then they send out an assassin to take care of the problem. With a mysterious ability to imbue their claws with wind magic, they are dangerous foes; one that can never be underestimated despite their squishy bodies. Kill on sight before they bring carnage to your ranks.

Skills:
    • Squishy Bug – Because of their extreme speed, their bodies naturally adapted to ease out wind resistance sacrificing durability in turn. Damage taken is automatically increased to 150%.
    • Airborne (Passive) – They fly above ground, easily keeping themselves from being preyed upon by land-bound creatures. The Tesseract Assassin cannot be shackled by any grappling means.
    • Aerial Maneuverability – They can easily change directions mid-air and are notoriously difficult to pin down, much less hit by melee attacks. Immune to all melee attacks.
    • One of the Swarm – As a part of the hive, the Tesseract Assassin has the uncanny ability to meld with the surrounding workers, giving it the opportunity to suddenly sneak an attack. At the end of a Tesseract Worker’s turn, roll a d5; if it lands at 5, the Tesseract Assassin attacks the target (of the Worker) with a normal Claw Attack. 6 DMG; 2 STA cost.
    • Wind Scythe – Imbues their claw with wind magic in order to enhance their slashing attacks. 20 DMG; 5 MP costs.
    • Flickering Speed – Tesseract Assassins are one of the fastest monsters out there, often attacking twice before their prey could get their bearings. Tesseract Assassins get two turns in a single round. (roll 2d20 to determine its turns on the initiative)
    • Expendable Creature - Automatically dies after MP and STA are emptied out.
    Rewards: 150 EXP, 10 BGC, 1x Wind-infused Insect Claw
    Dismantle: d3: 1 = Insect Meat x1; 2 = Insect Wing x4; 3 = Insect Claw x3
    (Cannot be tamed for now)