(Monthly) Short Story Writing Prompts Submission Thread

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by AliceShiki, Oct 22, 2016.

?

June's Topic!

Poll closed May 21, 2018.
  1. Fictogemino

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. The Hero Proposed to me, but I'm the Demon King (or queen!)

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Lights Out

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sinners

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Continue A Story (Feel free to choose any of the 3)

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... Alright, I deleted the quote on the reply!

2. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe you should put something in the post that indicates your replying to me senpai~
    :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

edit

or is it not needed since we have this reply chain under it?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  3. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's good enough like this! xD

4. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought we were supposed to be on the December topic now.

Not like anyone wrote anything for Nov anyways.

AliceShiki likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't update it!? *flips table*

Gonna do it in a bit, thanks for the reminder... T.T

Updated! \(^^)/

I was the only one in November... T.T

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
  6. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Shhhhhh

I just didn't realize you posted anything.

I've got an idea for dec.

7. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Work hard! Let's not have me being the only one for Dec! >.<

I miss @Action -chan... orz

8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Ping them on discord?

9. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she always sees the summons... I guess she is just not in the mood anymore... orz

10. andykhang

andykhang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OOOOOOOOO~
    Villian Grunt,Villian Grunt, we're working out all day
    Mow the Lawn, Tend the Crop, and also robbed people all days
    And if we have time during the afternoon
    Time to come for the bar and kidnapped some virgin girl!
    OOOOOOOOO~
    Villian Grunt,Villian Grunt, we're evil all the way
    Used to be a dunce who get kicked in the face
    But now when we tried to kidnap some virgin girl.
    She instead kick us in the face, what the hell what that!?

[Freestyle]
    "Hey, what the hell was that, she just kicked us in the faces!" (Grunt A)
    "What's even the dignity of a Grunt anymore, if even a virgin could kick us in the faces..."(Grunt B)
    "...I think I'm in love." (Grunt C)
    "...What?" (A,B)
    [/Freestyle]

[Grunt C]
    Oh, I think I'm in love
    I think I am infaaatuateddd
    Never do I even think a person would come to break me frozen heart.
    ...Oh, that kick as if heaven punish me...
    [/Grunt C]

*KONG*

[Freestyle]
    "Knock it off, will ya? Let continue the song!" (A,B)
    [/Freestyle]

OOOOOOOOO~
    Villian Grunt,Villian Grunt, got our ass kicked out today
    (to be continue)

yuzuki likes this.
  11. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh. Not again.

I could feel an invisible force binding me, compelling me to rise.

The frame shuddered as I gripped it, raising myself from the linen that I had been resting on.

There was no time to eat, drink, or dress up properly. I rushed outside, along with several of my buddies who were in similar situations.

We started charging upwards, accelerating towards the surface, clots of earth striking our bodies as we did so.

None of us faltered. Those clots didn't hurt us anyway. They couldn't.

And so, maintaining a constant pace, we got to the surface, popping straight up at the feet of our Mistress.

"And there you guys are. Took quite a while to get here, didn't you."

What answered her was silence.

"Alright, go spread out in that field over there."

Obeying Mistress' commands, we marched to the field she specified, and spread out as she had requested.

"Okay, listen up, noobs! Today, we'll be having a lesson about how to properly fire your spells at the enemy. Those guys standing in that field there will be your targets. The aim is to hit as many of them as you possibly can within the time limit, so...GET TO WORK, FOOLS!"

Our Mistress was as impatient as usual. But it was understandable. Serving as a general to the Demon King, she naturally had to figure out ways to improve the strength of her forces.

Mistress had mused once, after she had gotten drunk, that the war with the angels was not going too well.

"Stupid giants." She had complained. "Damnable muscle headed idiots that only knew how to charge! Additionally, since they always went into melee combat, it was a freaking nightmare to try and cast AOE magic without hitting allies!"

But no matter. What mattered right now was to obey her orders, no matter how ridiculous they were.

And so, none of us flinched when the fledging demons from the Demon King's army all conjured up massive fireballs, and the fireball flurry started, with us as the targets.

The outcome of the training: We lost 14 to direct hits, 17 to DoT (Damage over time for non-gamers), and another 26 expired from critical damage.

There was nothing to bury. Demon flames melted even bones themselves.

The rest of us were sent back to our subterranean dwelling with not so much as a single word from our Mistress.

These kind of days had already long become commonplace to us. We didn't rebel, either. The Mistress' magic bound us to her will, and anyone who disobeyed even slightly was rendered into an unthinking, unemotional killing machine, sent out to the front lines as fodder.

From the moment we were born, the first rule we learnt was: "Don't cross the Mistress." That rule became our Holy Grail; we acceded to her demands, and she left us alone...until she required us again.

It's a miserable life, but I feel that I've seen a lot worst, long ago. Still, the Mistress' words are law. Even if things are harsh and unfair, the best thing to do is keep silent.

Even so, us lower ranking skeletons aren't supposed to talk anyway.

The war struggled into it's final stages: both sides were desperately sending out all the spare forces they could muster...

The demons were being pushed back, bit by bit, until the battlefront was right in front of the Demon King's Castle.

"Hurry up with the reloading! Second salvo, fire!"

Mistress was commanding the demon forces to fire their spells at the approaching angels.

"You lot, take up arms and charge at those fools! We'll show them that demons aren't to be looked down on! One, stay here!"

The rest of my skeletal brethren hefted weapons and charged out into the battlegrounds, slicing and dicing as much as their bodies allowed them to. I stayed.

"One, you are my most competent subordinate. Therefore, I'm giving you the most important duty. Take this crystal, and escape form the Demon King's Castle. Get away as fast as you can. I'll lift the spell for you to get out."

I felt the energy that had controlled me fade away. My Mistress held out a crystal, as well as a short sword---a method of protection.

I took the crystal, and stared at the short sword in her hands.

"This is for your own self-defence. Take it, One, and use it to protect yourself."

I gripped the blade, watching my Mistress smile.

*Chiiii~*

My Mistress was smiling. She was, and now always will be.

I quietly pushed her body over the castle walls, straight into the lava pits that surrounded the castle.

"Haha."

My first words in a century. I lifted my arm, watching flesh regrow over the bones, and a pair of pure, white wings extend from my back.

"Whoever said angels can't be skeletons must have been an idiot...Oh, wait, a demon said that, so I suppose it makes a lot of sense."

I stretched, lifting off into the air to join my angelic brethren.

"Infiltration work really is tiring. Samael better cut me more than a bit of slack this time round."
    :D:D:D

Raizendeville, ABMAINA and yuzuki like this.
  12. Siostar

Siostar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the moment she give out the knife, I totally expected she will get killed~

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG I'm so late! This is for December's Theme and we're already nearing the end of January's theme! >.<

It's also a pretty small one... Well, I hope it's a good read though.

Genre: Random Babble? Honestly, is there even a genre for this?
    Word Count: 536
    Title: The Lady

"Are there any questions?" Our lady asked, nobody said anything.

"Good, we'll start immediately, to your posts! Today, blood will rain from the skies!" She shouted, and we cheered.

Our lady was truly amazing... I was once a slave, a girl that was raped every day by some filthy nobles, she killed all of them, she offered me her hand and gave me a new life, a new purpose.

I fought for her. At first it was just a small rebellion, just a few nobles being killed, a few slaves freed... Not anymore, we grew. We grew until we could no longer be ignored.

I knew my limits, I would never be anything beyond a footsoldier, I was surprised I even went to the frontlines at first, I expected her to just put me as a cook or something, but she gave me the opportunity to do more, and I took it. I heard her orders and followed her commands.

There were many like me, slaves, poor people, bandits, mad people, all were brought under her warm embrace and put together, we all fought under her name... We were happy. We fought to our deaths, we saw our friends and comrades die in front of our own eyes... And yet, we were happy.

When a castle burnt down, we were happy.
    When a mansion was flooded, we were happy.
    When a landlord was beheaded, we were happy.
    When a baby was born amidst the chaos, we were happy.
    When a child that was nearing death got taken in, and fed until they regained their strength again, we were happy.
    When all the despair in peoples eyes disappeared, when hope filled each of our hearts, when we saw the light after years in the darkness... We were happy.
    We were very happy.

And yet, happiness has a price. We were weak.

It couldn't be helped, almost nobody under the lady had proper military training, there was a limit to how much we were able to do against proper armies.

We still fought though, labeled as demons, being seen with fear on villages we passed, scaring the people that we fought for, facing against impossible odds... We still fought. We lost count of how many died, but we didn't stop.

Our numbers of fighters were small now though, the lady was kind, she refused to force anyone to remain with us, she refused to force anyone to fight against their will, the people that just walked with us, that provided food or that simply did nothing more than tripled the number of fighters...

And yet, we kept fighting... We were at our limits.

Today, though, it will all change, today it ends.

We faced the king's castle... It wouldn't be long now.

The magic circle appeared below us, the light engulfed all the volunteers... Yes, today, it was finally over...

I felt my body burning... It wouldn't be long now... A few burst first, and their insides soared up in the air... Today, blood will rain from the skies, melting the castle, and all of those crazy blood-seeking rulers...

Ah... It's finally my time isn't it... Thank you my lady, I will forever worship you in the afterlife.

Myross17 likes this.
  14. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    And this is for January! \(^^)/

The story is kinda depressing, be warned.

Genre: Drama
    Word Count: 810
    Title: In This Quiet House, I'm Joining You.

I felt weird.

I was happy... I was happy, right? I mean, I should be happy.

My husband was handsome... My children were healthy... My job paid well... I had a good number of friends... My family was pretty proud of me...

Why was I holding this rope then?

Did I dislike my job...? I don't think I did, it was a good one...

Was my husband hard to deal with...? No... He was a pretty understanding person...

Did I clash with my children? They were all good people... I was pretty happy with them.

Were my friends the problem? No, I really enjoyed their company...

What about my family...? They were pretty nice, our talks were good...

Why then... Is my the rope surrounding my neck?

Somebody explain to me...

My husband looked at me worriedly, "You aren't really going to do that, are you?" he asked... "Am I...? Why... Why wouldn't I?" I answered.
    "Because I love you." He told me in a caring tone. "You do...? Then... Why did you leave me?" I couldn't help but ask. "Silly... I never left you. I am right here, with you. Always."

I felt my cheeks growing hot... Was I crying? I think I was... Why though? His words were so sweet...

My children came near, "Mommy, don't do this!" they shouted... They looked so lovely... I wanted to just hug them... But I kept on looking at them from the top of the chair... "Oh sweeties... If only I could hug you all right now..." I replied crying "You can! Just come here and hug us!" I just shook my head... "I will I will... Soon enough I will..."

My best friend held my hand, "Are you really going to do it?" she asked... Her tone was devastated, I could see the tears on her eyes... "What choice do I have?" My voice barely getting out. "You can stay... You can move on... It's hard, I know it is... But you don't need to abandon it all... You can start again." She hugged me. My body was trembling... I didn't want to go... But I needed to go...

A coworker came in, she hugged me too. "Don't go... Please don't." She begged me... "But then... Who will stay with me... If I'm not going...?" I heard her breaking down in tears... I couldn't see her face, but I could hear it... "It will be alright... Things will get better... They definitely will..." I told her... Her tears just got louder...

Why was I crying...? I still couldn't understand... Everyone cared so much for me... Everyone was by my side... Everyone wanted the best for me...

My grandmother came in. "You know... It's not your time yet, you should stay and rest for a while longer." She told me... Her tone was kind... Understanding... "You will only regret it if you do it... I know that, I can talk about it, you know I can." Her voice was soothing... But painful... "Aren't you happy...?" I asked her. "Me? No... How could I be, when I see my granddaughter looking like that."

I see... She isn't happy... Then... How can I find happiness...? How can I... Find it now...?

"Please... Just... Just stay here... With us..." My friend asked me. Her grasp on my hand tighter than before.

"She is right, you know? You should stay there." My husband told me.

"We will support you! To the best of our capabilities we will." My coworker's hug got tighter too...

"Mommy... It's okay... You shouldn't forfeit your happiness to seek this kind of happiness..." My children told me... Their voice was kind...

"There is no happiness for me here anymore..." I told them...

Their smile faded... They looked understanding... Sad, but they didn't move to stop me... They couldn't stop me.

I looked at my husband's face once again... He didn't want it... Even now, he didn't want it... But I did.

"It's enough... Please let me go." I told them both. "Are you really...?" My coworker said in a joyful tone, she pushed herself away from me and tears and more tears were falling from her eyes... My friend's voice was grimmer... She always understood me, didn't she? "If that is your decision... I won't stop you." She released my hand and took a step away. My coworker looked confused, she looked at me and her joyful face became terrified. "No!"

Her shout was slow, I kicked the chair on her direction... I felt my body falling... And a snap.

I walked forward... I hugged my grandma... I caressed the hair of my children... I kissed my husband... On this burnt down house... I finally joined them again... Ah... Happiness... I should have done that from the beginning... We're finally together again... At last... How good it is to be dead...

The title is a small reference to the music from Gundam Seed "In The Quiet Night", I don't know why, but it just came to mind while I was thinking of the title for this story, so I just made it like that... There wasn't that much thought behind it.

I wonder if I could pass the right image with this story, it's hard to depict this kind of character.

Myross17 likes this.
  15. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Christ, that was fast

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I can write around 1000 words per hour if I don't get distracted and things are flowing well... >.>

17. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Man. How I envy that.

18. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    Genre: psychology,slice of life
    Word Count: 570
    Title: denying and accepting myself
    Guide: if you start to get confused don't read the one with "~" sign in the end.
    An unread message showing is being displayed in my phone screen. I do not want to look at it and I close down my phone. And then here’s me waking up when all the people around me taking a rest for their bright new day.

[ it was too shiny for me] I lamented and I close my eyes when the sunrise.

I dreamed about a flimsy snowman that start to melting hugging each other to tried to live a little longer, Yet it make them vanished faster isn’t it? Vaguely I start to question is it getting colder or warmer for them, Then I wake up!

Did it effective? It was futile?

Remnants of raindrop by the side of window and I just glance over them for a while.

Winter doesn’t exist in my place so I am sure I won’t know the result.

So here I go starting my one time ritual to predict the result!!!

[ I woke up in the bed time ] I lamented again. ~

A kid that being leaded by the warm hand of both their parent. ~

People that start closing their umbrella and showing their face. ~

Mirror of sun that reflected in the puddle. ~

Distant laugh of young fool that heading to school. ~

I passed each of that as a cold memory. When did I start to become such a boring person? Then I remember a kanji word of” human” and the meaning of it. That kanji portray about human lent at each other so they don’t stray away. ~

I tried to fall myself and I realize I fallen to the ground. ~

I cried… ~

I laughed… ~

I cursed… ~

[ it was painful ] Finding it that it was… ~

An act of adultery! ~

Paranoia of weather mischief! ~

Miserable person slipped and become a joke! ~

Distorted lies tried to badmouthing someone called a classmate. ~

Am I glad venting all this word? It was really a boring topic to talk. Then I forgot a kanji word of” by myself” and the complexity of it. That kanji is too bothersome to being remembered because it have many stroke and confusing foreigner that looking at it. ~

A scream to wake everyone and I realize nobody will hear it. ~

An exclusion act… ~

An outcast… ~

An unknown… ~

[ well I chose to close myself cause I’m scared of you ] I said it and close my one time ritual with the answer.

I’m sure I just showing another face just now the other side of my sadness. It really crazy to being me that can only giving a creepy smile. I really need a daily dose of lying drug. And transform myself to the fake me that wearing a nice mask. ~

Looks like I’m still insane playing make believe I have bipolar personality so I can blame all of this to other side of me that actually the one who feeling this sadness. I really shouldn’t glad that I keep running away while still floating. I won’t move away from my position but I am just bit being closer to being improper human.

Wait a minute! Did I just forgot the kanji word of “human”~

And then I quietly ask myself again [ did I found happiness denying and accepting at the same time of the other me?]

-------

lychee and Myross17 like this.
  19. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    January's Submission
    Word Count:
    1293 words
    Title: New Year's Farewell
    Like any other day, I was sitting in the cafeteria, slowly enjoying a plate of fried rice.

The skies outside were slightly grey, hinting at the possibility of rain.

Another year, another celebration. Another memory to look back on, another aspiration.

It always seemed fine, peaceful, and cheery, when a new year arrives for people. All those fireworks, festive cheer, and new year resolutions.

I took a small, careful bite, chewing and savouring each individual grain of rich golden rice. Delicious.

The smell of the freshly cooked rice permeated the air, it's fragrance unmatched.

As usual, it was worth coming here for a bite, huh. I glanced around at the little restaurant, which was full of patrons even though dinnertime was long over.

The owner of the restaurant came over, her personality as perky as ever, despite her age.

"You came over again? You must really like the food here."

I enjoyed bantering with her.

"Of course. It's delicious, after all."

The woman that was talking to me was the owner of this crowded restaurant. Approaching 60, but her culinary skills were superb. She had won many cooking awards when she was younger, most of which were proudly displayed in the shelves that were built into the walls.

"Haha, all these years, and your ability to flatter people has only grown, I see. Well, enjoy the food."

Another customer ordered a dish, and she made her way over to that table, her steps slow, yet steady.

I enjoyed another blissful spoon of the fried rice, at the same time listening to the conversation of other patrons in the surroundings. In particular, I focused on the couple that were sitting next to me.

Both seemed to be in their prime, around 25 years of age. The man was dressed smartly in a suit, with a dashing red tie, while the lady was wearing an elegant white dress that extended down to her ankles. Both were smiling as they had their meal.

"How's the food, darling?"

"Not bad, my dear. You should try some of mine. Here, say ah."

The man gently fed his wife with a spoon of vegetable broth, and she smiled charmingly.

"You have a speck of food on your mouth, darling. Stay still."

The lady used a napkin, and carefully wiped the man's mouth. Both of them laughed.

I speared a prawn with the fork, bringing it to my mouth. The succulent meat broke apart as I bit it, allowing the rich aroma to fill my mouth.

Slow? Certainly. I'm not one to rush my meals. Eating should be done leisurely, where one appreciates every drop of grain that goes into the creation of the dish that is placed before them.

While I took my time with the food, some tables had already cleared up, paid their tab, and the patrons had left.

My ears perked up, listening to another conversation from a table behind me. A family of three which had been laughing and joking around when they first sat down behind my table. But what was different this time was the note of impatience in the mother's voice.

"Hahaha! You have sauce on your face!"

"Don't play with the food!"

*Slap*

"Waaaaaaaah!"

"Stop crying this instant!"

Due to the smaller number of patrons, their voices were exceptionally loud.

I frowned.

If people wanted to shout and argue, do it at home. Don't cause such a ruckus in a public place...sure enough, the mother grabbed the two kids, one boy and one girl, both of which were younger than 6 years old, and pulled them out of the restaurant, after paying her tab.

Even as they left, I could hear the mother shouting: "Just wait until we get home!"

Ugh. What a great way to start off a year.

I returned my gaze to my fried rice, which had cooled down, and took another bite. Not as warm, but still tasty. The well-cooked meat softened in my mouth, its juices flowing into my mouth, to create a soft yet crispy texture. Authentic pork.

The couple from earlier finished eating as well, got up, paid the bill, and left as well.

*Boom!*

Lightning. It begun drizzling outside. The darkened skies, covered with black storm clouds, made the glow of the fluorescent lights in the restaurant even brighter. Great.

Through the pattering of raindrops hitting the windows of the restaurant, I could see the couple from earlier. They seemed to be arguing, and it soon became physical. The man struck the lady, and in turn, she clawed him savagely.

"Still not finished with your food? You haven't changed."

The elderly owner was once again standing beside me. I gestured to the empty chair to my left, and she sat down, thankfully.

"Well, it's comforting, I suppose. All these years, and you haven't changed much."

"Indeed. But you know my habits perfectly, don't you? I always eat slowly, and I always make it a practice to finish all the food on the plate. Wasting food is blasphemy."

She nodded slowly.

"That's true. You were always very constant. Old habits die hard, huh? Always insisting on being the first one in for dinner and the last to leave...It's been like this for what, 10 years?"

"13, my dear. Time is playing tricks on your memory again, it seems."

The two of us were the only ones left. The other patrons had long since left. That caused the silence to become extremely jarring, especially when neither of us spoke a word. Finally, she spoke.

"It has...it seemed like it was only yesterday when we first met at that shack, you know?"

I nodded.

"And before I realised, the girl who was always adventurous settled down and became a cook...haha..."

The lights were really glaring. Exceptionally harsh, today of all days.

"Well, thank you for the meal."

I stood up, and pushed the chair in, leaving a five-dollar note on the table, as I always have. I was at the door when the sound of her getting up stopped me as well.

"You haven't finished your food."

True enough, I hadn't.

"Sorry. I won't do it again, dear."

"...I see."

Pushing the glass doors open, I made my way out of the restaurant, and sought shelter under a nearby shop. It was entirely coincidental that I could see the entire restaurant from where I stood.

Before long, the lights switched off, and she came out of the restaurant as well. I watched, as she pulled down the steel shutters, an action which she had done for over a decade.

She hesitated.

It is time to let go of the past, my dear. What's gone will never return.

Sure enough, she reached up, and took down the restaurant's signboard, before posting a slip of paper on the metal shutter, in plain sight.

I watched as she ambled off, the raindrops seemingly beating down on her hunched form. None of her vigour or vibrancy was present.

Once she was out of sight, I made my way back to the restaurant's storefront, peeking at the poorly illuminated paper, which was drenched from the rain.

*For Sale*

I see. She finally let go of the past. For some reason, an ambiguous feeling made me turn around.

In the distance, where the rain obscured most details, I could make out a hazy outline. Despite the poor visibility, I had a feeling it was her.

I could have sworn that, despite the gap of almost 15 metres between us, that tears were running down her cheeks.

I walked off in the opposite direction, leaving her behind. I never knew about it until later, but the moment I turned around, she collapsed.

Happy new year, Senorita. And...

...Farewell, my first love.
    Side note: Please tag me when next month's theme comes out too, @AliceShiki.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    lychee, AliceShiki and -kiai- like this.
  20. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Such an engaging read!!! >.<

Though it feels a bit weird to not get to know anything even at the end... But at the same time, I think this is the charm of the story~

Naraku likes this.