Recommendations More Novels like The Rebirth of Malicious Empress kind of stuff

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by wookraeth, Jul 14, 2020.

1. wookraeth

wookraeth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read all the titles written by the same author. The Ill-fated Consort, The Marriage of the Di Daughter, and the latest one The Rebirth of Star General. As of now she's my favorite author!

Have read A Thousand Faced Consort as well, although not as well written as RoME and the others, it was pretty entertaining, same goes to Demon Wang's Favorite Fei (is that the title?)
    Tried to read Tyrannical Wang's Beloved Wife, I can't like that one's ML even though everything else is written nicely. Tried Rebirth of General's Granddaughter, that one was a bit too fast paced for my taste and the writing can't make me feel anything to the MC.

Basically looking for more well-written Historical Romance. I've read 8 Treasure and Virtuous Wife as well, those are good. I don't mind RAW works as well!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  2. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Try Tong Hua novels Bu Bu Jing Xin, Ballad of the Desert, and Song in the Clouds. I'd say that these books are even better written, and have better characters. However, they're also a lot more challenging and they do not indulge in fantasy romance. Instead, the characters are more flesh and blood, they make mistakes, and they hurt one another; either on purpose or by accident. On the other hand, the stories are a lot more purposeful as well so the characters will act against one another because their interests clash rather than because they're fighting over some man or other petty reasons.

wookraeth likes this.
  3. wookraeth

Reading List:
    Link
  4. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Great! Bear in mind that "Song in the Clouds" is the sequel to this book and is ideally read after it. The third book in the series is supposed to come out any time now, and I've been waiting to read that first before tackling any more Tong Hua.

You can read "Bu Bu Jing Xin" at any time since that book is completely unrelated.

5. wookraeth

Reading List:
    Link