LCD Mother of Learning

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    oh yeah that Dragon cultist below also release primordial with sacrifice

2. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some random thoughts after catching up to the latest chapter.
    Wonder why the Father is the least favorite person for Zorian. Father/Fortov/Daimen/Mother/Sister - the Daimen / Mother position was not exactly stated, but seems like this is the hate/like (or more accurately hate/less hate). There should be some juicy bits coming up explaining why the Father is topping the list.
    And as another readers stated, not banishing the Lich and taking crown at least for testing is pretty stupid. While it may be hard to touch with amulet/direct skin contact, with enough number of pebbles/whatever it should be fairy easy. The lich apparently is careful/knows about this point, but at least there should be some attempts to banish him while fighting (while there are none).
    Also it is not exactly stated, it's my assumption:
    Sovereign Gate has about 1k iterations. The regular iterations takes about 1 year (or like 6 month) (as myth states 10 lifetimes worth of time the king spent in the thing and then created the empire). Since it was started one month early, one run is worth only 1 month (incorrect planetary stuff, runs are more expensive compared if run at the right time).

3. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty sure it's because their father is who forced those expectations onto Fortov and Zorian.

4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it was both father and mother. it was something they agreed on, as a couple they matched each other well.

IIRC though the father though was colder than the mother about it.

5. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    The family is... well, having their own personalities. I get the hate for Damien (childhood pranks, being always compared to), but it is at 3rd or 4th place. Fortov is very lazy and Zorian needs to clean up after him a lot. He's all excuses. I can understand. But there should be a story why the father is on the top since Zorian is pretty rational about this. I'm pretty sure we will learn more about family and relationships.
    I guess the sad news is that the book/novel is at the final stretch. Of course author can always work on sequel, but as he claims in his FAQ, there's only going to be 3 arcs. So the final several chapters would be getting out of loop and thwarting off assault.

6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Assuming the three arcs are roughly equal in length, we are far from the end of the series. I fully expect them to still not know who Red Robes is once they exit the time loop. Of course, even if they know, it might still take a long time to find him and stop whatever he's up to. At least, I assume he'll need to be stopped. It's quite possible that there'll be something more important to deal with related to primordials and the true purpose of the loop.

mrttao likes this.
  7. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    It may more sense if you think that author will tie everything up and finish in one book. I'm pretty sure that quite a few questions will be answered in following books (and most likely there will be more than on - there's really more than enough material for sequels).

I'd still (if I'm an author), would create bogus end first (Zach/Zorian fail to exit the Sovereign gate) with very apocalyptic ending, start of dark ages, etc.

There are some TODOs before loops ends and TODOs after.

after loops ends, it is very very easy to tidy everything up. Attack is a very large conspiracy and it is viable just because they work in secret and are able to do so. It is ridiculously easy to prevent this from happening. The names in the order are investigated very deeply and by the end of remaining 30 or so cycles, all conspirators will be known (together with the evidence). All you need to do is to uproot them all and break teleporting gate to prevent invasion/primordial summoning.

It is very close to the end now and I guess a lot of stuff will depend on what happens when Sovereign Gate will be unlocked (creator mode?) It is very likely that Zach will be able to escape after unlock, but I think Zorian might attempt to leave first via:
    1. getting into pocket dimension of primordial and afterwards try to go there to the real world.
    2. creating memory packet of his memory and get it to original self via Zach with instructions how to deploy.
    3. another option would be doing something about soul so it would seem to guardian that it is within tolerable bounds and he can agree to replace the mature soul with original one.
    When it is confirm he left, Zach will leave via main interface or (not likely - together).

The research they are currently doing is ground braking. Red Robe wasn't able to pull such large scale research project and while he/she grown to mighty magician, I'm pretty sure that fruits of 930+ rounds will be much less than remaining 50 rounds Zorian/Zach had. But the forces behind Red Robe should be very powerful and it will be very interesting to see how it will work out.

There's really a lot of opportunities for sequels (like new empire, etc) with knowledge bundle Zorian/Zach will gather.
    There's no way we will get all the answers in the third arc.

I did some other global reading - the good starting point is:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/motheroflearning/comments/5v0zl0/links_to_discussion_threads/
    You can find some little gems like this from author:
    Nah. Knowing myself, I would just spend too much time on it and end up pissing people off, because a fair amount of people would think I was being serious.

Here is some ideas, though:

Zorian spends the entire chapter tinkering with a complicated assembly of pocket dimensions and mental compulsions that is eventually revealed to be unmistakably a pokeball. "Grey hunter, I chose you!"

Zach and Zorian finally escape from the time loop, only to find themselves on a deserted beach, with a broken down statue of liberty before them. Zach remarks he has the strangest urge to shout "NOOO!" all of the sudden.

Zorian builds a giant mecha armor golem and uses it to fight Sudomir's bone dragon in an Epic Battle of Epic History. Everyone around is just watching and providing over the top commentary, like it's an episode of JoJo or something.

Red Robe is revealed to Kirielle and Nochka standing on each other's shoulders. They did it all in a mad plot to get All The CookiesTM.

Anyways, the Zorian is projected to be a very powerful mage by the end of this. My guess his OPness will get be this:
    ultra large boost after he finishes looking through aranea research (distributed thinking they were using before were evicted from time loop and their research to adapt it for humans) and hydra (the main body + coordinating 9 heads with independent bodies). He will refashion this into his simulacrums. He is already communicating with them via soul. After this is done, he will be able to create his own distributed thinking web with his simulacrums - his mental capacity will rise through the roof and he will be able to learn through simulacrums (will be able to absorb what they learn).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2017
  8. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a stupid idea.

These are stupid ideas.

That's actually a really good idea.

9. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    by the way, those were posted by original author :)

10. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn't change the fact they're stupid.
    Well, more silly than stupid. But still stupid.

11. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Zorian is not that rational about his emotions about his family. this was shown repeatedly.

2. The father is on top because the father is a horrible father. Both parents really are horrible parents

12. ZhaWarudo

ZhaWarudo TOKI WO TOMARE!!!

Reading List:
    Link
    The loop is getting so long, but somehow it's still interesting. I wonder if the author will be hasty once they make it out, I hope not.

13. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    inb4 he learns time dilation magic.

14. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapter is up.
    according to some people who counted:
    A bit underwhelming chapter for me, but plot progressed a bit.

15. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Zorian simulacrum became more proficient in close combat and more brutal, there's no hesitation and hold back his power because he have golem body, that part of he slash the head mage-skate wield saber is awesome, Zorian alson using not usual weapon a whip. We got know Alanic background.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If they didn’t already have the Silent Doorway Adepts onside, then how did they get to the airship’s location so fast? I thought it was really, really far away? Or am I misremembering things?

Honestly, Alanic is probably right. They should just settle for giving her the ingredients she needs as their repayment to her and destroy whatever she's got in those books. Their lives will be a lot safer that way.

ZhaWarudo and mrttao like this.
  17. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Talking about airship location you need to talk about the global map and their location:
    https://motheroflearninguniverse.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/continents-overview/
    https://dodo-ptica.deviantart.com/art/MoL-verse-World-Map-Huge-657220714
    https://dodo-ptica.deviantart.com/art/Altazia-Political-Outline-575261642

They are based in Eldemar and the airship is being built in Nothern xlotic. They need to go to Blantyrre continent (which apparently have a lot of doorways, but no human presence. Convincing doorway adepts is very easy those days - like couple days. There is no other option besides getting them to open gateway to steal airship. If anything, I'm more concerned about golem frames for simulacrums. There's quite a few of them and the material should be pretty rare and it should take a considerable amount of time to manufacture them (and he was producing missing aircraf parts for last 24 hours as well).

Blantyrre is going to be interesting. According to the Aranea matriach "the lizardmen of Blantyrre have long been a trading partner for human nations - chapter 22 " and it to quote chapter 73:
    Thankfully, Blantyrre was seeded full of Bakora Gates. In fact, they were seeded much more densely there, as if whatever power that had made the gates originated from that continent. This was curious because, as far as anyone knew, humanity had never really lived there in the past. Scholars often quarreled about what this meant, but Zorian didn't really care about those arguments – all he cared about was that the Bakora gate network was pretty much the only viable method he had of reaching Blantyrre in a timely manner.

The witch is going to be complicated. I won't be surprised if she personally knows the lich. There's also famous immortal eleven but looks like there are a lot more of immortals around, but a lot more low key (but pretty likely have their own contacts and shady deals). I do hope to get background story of Ichl - he seems very reasonable.

Some of the points I'm interested in and have some predictions about it.
    Family. Forlov in the end will ask and get mandatory compulsion to not laze around from Zorian and learning program created by Damien. I do wait for revelation what is happening between him and the Ibery.
    I was thinking about method for Zorian to escape In-Between and for now I'd be betting on ..... Soul bonds. It will be a pretty gay thing, but soul bonds are possible as well as soul separation - there are a lot of talk about it at the start of the novel when Zorian was investigating what had happened. They do get along pretty well and in a way they are partially soul bonded - they already have each others soul fragment. They are comrades in arm, trust each other, there shouldn't be a lot of shit like soul domination. So before leaving they will form a soul bond. Zach will leave as intended, but with emperor key authorization, Zorian will piggyback via soul bond.

RedRobe.
    Is actual member of Dragon cult (due to the Red Robe he wears at the start). Knew Veyers before time loop (helped him with blood line ignition). After Zach blabbed to everyone about time loop, Veyers passed a word to him about this. RR expelled Veyers from time loop to cover the tracks.
    How to identify him: even though RR had already left the loop, the remaining original RR should still know quite a lot about soul magic (he was able to modify temporary tracker to make it permanent) and some mind magic - to mess up Zach. So ZZ needs to kidnap all 15 members and do a mind reader. The one who knows Veyers/soul/mind magic is the one they need to be vary of.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  18. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, finally Mr. Lich gets some screen time. ( I was half expecting that And I'm pretty sure he(it) knows Silverlake and latter had her hand in arranging this meeting. We should learn more about invasion, the driving parties of invasion (QI is just making sure the mages don't die), cultists and stuff.
    Well, for one it is possible for them to fight alongside with Lich the wasps - to locate the artifact.

19. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Crackpot theory:
    QI is Zorian but he only after he left time loop and got sent back in time.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's a good idea to work with the lich. He's far too good at soul magic, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was a master mind mage too.

Yes, it really doesn't make sense that he's showing up now unless Silverlake did something. And it doesn't make sense that it was traced back to those two unless it was something intentional. Whether or not she directly talked with him is still questionable, but given that they're both interested in primordials, and that Silverlake knew all the soul mages that were killed and wasn't killed herself, I wouldn't be surprised if she was part of the whole invasion thing.