LCD Mother of Learning

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Apr 25, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's more likely that the date itself is the trolling and he'll push it back again on the day.

2. hanglekuk

hanglekuk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you look, he's always trying to publish chapter on Sunday every three weeks. Quite often it becomes early Monday (or not not so early), but he's pretty consistent. So nope, it is very consistent. We will see if he's able to do it though :) Easter and what not - might be delayed.
    I'm really keen on what kind of function is on ring. My personal hypothesis is the ring regular function has to do with wards (like wards scanner+ functions related to wards). Other remaining items (dagger/staff) - one of them will allow to easily add/remove spell formulas (not like permanent ones on regular items), the remaining - not sure. What kind of functions related to looping they would have - no idea so far.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure what all functions they'll have, but I expect at least one of them will have a transportation related feature of some kind, and there's a good chance that one will have a scrying function of some kind. Beyond that, I'm not sure what other tools a time traveler would really need.

They'd already have the ability to expel people permanently, store massive amounts of goods and information, and massively amplify their mana pools. After adding on items to search of interesting things, teleport (or whatever) to them, and break whatever wards might be guarding them, it's hard to think what else they'd still be lacking. Maybe something to allow you to control people's minds? It wouldn't be terribly useful to Zorian unless it also amplified mind magic, but most loopers wouldn't be empaths.

4. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    not too surprised...:
    Mother of Learning Next Chapter Target Date: 8th of April, 2018
    :(

5. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    April fools yo

6. Kilian

Kilian Dao of Dreams

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder where he will take blood magic (transformation) before the end, it would seem like a good choice to bond with a powerful animal, maybe he could get some additional benefits. His no. 1 goal when it comes to spell formula's should be to learn how to make the crown artifact so he could offset his lack of mana even when he returns to the real world. Also he should develop his soul magic.
    So Blood magic, soul magic (transformation) and spell formulas (divine artifacts) should be his goal in my opinion.

7. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit, this latest chapter's ending....

8. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    It is complicated. I guess the main question is what happened to their souls (were they damaged. And if they were - how many restarts they lost while healing soul damage).

jolly-crow and Fi like this.
  9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Any word on when this will get completed?

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They should have negotiated a deal that let them keep the dagger until after the invasion. After that, whoever won the invasion would get to keep the dagger. I'm pretty sure that the lich would have at least pretended to accept such a deal. Well, so long as there was a way for him to enforce it.

I wonder if, instead of sending out their own golems, they could have just sucked the enemy golems into the orb. It would have been much faster, and they could have tossed them out of the orb and into the ocean or something later. Of course, this would only work in future restarts where the orb didn't have any occupants.

So, simulacrums are not a problem for him, and he's a master of multiple types of magic including dimensionalism and, to a lesser, but still significant, extent, mind magic...

For a moment there, I thought he'd guessed the truth. He's been alive long enough that he had a chance of knowing that the time loop was possible after all.

Well, now they shouldn't have any trouble stealing the dagger, but I wonder how they plan to deal with the crown.

I don't think so, but I'm expecting it to be shortly after the heat death of the universe at the current rate...

Wujigege likes this.
  11. Fi

Fi Chosen One

Reading List:
    Link
    one more arc after this arc is completed.

12. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    So another few years? Got it.

13. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    This new chapter shatter my hope about QI as previous generation time looper :(, will QI appear again in the next restart.

14. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah that theory wasn't going to be true. QI has only been alive for 1k years or so and I'm almost positive they mentioned that the last time the cycle happedned was around 3k ago.

15. DrDoom

DrDoom Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody think zorian will get a piece of QI soul? And extension a piece of divine bless?

mrttao likes this.
  16. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds too good to be true.
    I think he'll be stuck in bed for the next while.

jolly-crow and mrttao like this.
  17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't really call it a good thing. After all, it might accidentally bring QI into the time loop. Even if it didn't, it would likely be something that QI would notice if they got too close to each other.

jolly-crow and mrttao like this.
  18. hanglekuk

Reading List:
    Link
    I doubt QI will be in loop. The only reason Zorian got into loop was because of soul meld - Z&Z souls were attempted to mold into one, or something like that. That's how Zorian got marker. I pretty much doubt that whatever QI did with his soul would get imprint from Zach onto his soul.

For now it's the worst chapter of MOL for me. I guess I was expecting too much. The things I've disliked a lot in this chapter:

Shutur-Tarana was establishing emperor. After he exited the sovereign gate, he established his empire. The last paragraph kinda suggests that all the parts of the key were created by him. And this is totally wrong (or it means that he was the god who butchered primordial and then created keys). I'm currently finding it hard to believe.

The next part was actual assault of the vault. While there were three person in orb on standby, I'm really not understanding why Z&Z just bothered with fighting anything (like golems). They could have shoved them into orb.

Also why not use golems to fight QI? Just pull out another 10-15-20 whatever of them and everyone would have a lot more breathing space and stone/metal shields.

While the QI is OP as ... well, very OP, Xvim is defense based archmage. It was too easy for QI to get what he needed from him. Author did state that mind blank can be dispelled, (since it is an unnatural state), but I would argue it cannot be dispelled via simple spell because the same way dispel does not fire which is started after fire spell. With mind blank one kinda disconnects from the great web (or whatever that it is) in a similar fashion like one holding the breath. You need to shock/surprise person enough to get back to the nature and while the mind blank is on there aren't many options to surprise a target enough so he falls back to basics. Xvim was shown to reform his mind barrier pretty much instantly, but in this case he kinda allowed lich to read his mind.

And lastly - the souls were supposed to be indestructible. The stunt QI pulled at the end is blurring the lines between destruction and mangling/damaging the soul. It kinda showed that soul can be destroyed, which was supposed to be impossible for non-divine entities.

19. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the part with Xvim really bothered me too. He lost in his specialty and it's not like it was a fight where the lich beat him over a long period, but beat him in a second, which seems a tad bit unrealistic to me.

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said that it would result in a merger. Someone else did and someone else responded that it would be a good thing, which is what I was commenting on. If you want to refute someone based on your premise, then please respond to the correct party.