Question Mother of learning

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by G-Ousen, Nov 12, 2018.

1. G-Ousen

G-Ousen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found the high praise for this novel and decided to read it. After 2 chapters, which were really long, I stopped. it is good actually the writing is good but didn't capture me to read further. is it slow in the beginning or sth and I should read further? and what are its main genres? slice of life or action or adventure...

DiabolicGod likes this.
  2. Miri-Bell

Miri-Bell Semi-crazy Magic Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    It's good.

Viola likes this.
  3. kakarotlssj

kakarotlssj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its one of the best time loop series I know, its genre is towards action, adventure and grinding. First arc was devoted to introducing everyone that will play important part for the rest of the series and how everything changes from it. It might seem boring at first but after 3rd loop, its a great nonstop ride. So atleast give the whole first arc a try.

Elkon and Viola like this.
  4. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd keep reading. it's one of my all time favorite stories. you've just barely gotten into the MC learning to take advantage of the loop as well as investigating it. the writer does an incredible job of keeping things fresh despite it being a time loop. I'd classify the story as fantasy/adventure.

Viola likes this.
  5. Kilian

Kilian Dao of Dreams

Reading List:
    Link
    The beginning was indeed a bit lack luster. But boy does the story continue to amaze.

Viola likes this.
  6. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    same here

btw, is it finished? I don't remember, but I don't want to start anew only to find that it is still ongoing

7. Ebonitacocat

Ebonitacocat Waffles

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s at chapter 91 currently and I think the author said there would be about 10 more

Viola and DiabolicGod like this.
  8. Kenma

Kenma Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s an amazing story that is well written and thought out.

Viola likes this.
  9. Mindless

Mindless Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As most time loop stories, the story is just really concentrated. So although it is good, bange reading is not really recommended. Reading just one or two chapters daily is better

Viola likes this.
  10. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're still in the first part of the loop. Kinda like in Groundhog Day when Phil is just going about his business in Punxsutawney at the beginning. Though instead of a day, it's months of his life. Everything is a bit dry until the wackiness ensues. Still you've probably been introduced to thirty or more different elements that have a baring on the story already. The writer is great at that.

Keep reading. It picks up.

Viola likes this.
  11. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. But it is entering the final arc of the series
    Zorian just left the time loop in the last chapter

0000000, Viola and DiabolicGod like this.
  12. SirMajorLemon

SirMajorLemon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its awesome

Viola likes this.
  13. Ebonitacocat

Ebonitacocat Waffles

Reading List:
    Link
    I just want to say that this is not easy binge read content. It’s great but you should at most go a few chapters per sitting. Like I’m not kidding it’s approaching the entire Bible (king James version) in word count. You can take your time reading it. There is no rush

Viola likes this.
  14. Amplify

Amplify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The first 4 chapters exist to establish the "baseline", so to speak. Everything after that builds from there, and builds, and builds, and builds ever higher.

Viola likes this.
  15. CosmicInsomniac

CosmicInsomniac Well-Known Cultist

Reading List:
    Link
    The first 5 chapters are a bit slow, things improve after Chap 7, and after that it keeps rapidly gaining momentum. Highly recommend sticking with it, at least til then.

Viola likes this.
  16. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    I almost dropped it too at first because I found the MC a bit of a jerk that I disliked him. Of course the author never disappoint; Zorian got extensive character dev. It's wonderful.
    One of the things I liked about it is when we see the other sides of the events Zorian experienced in other loops. You'll go "Ah! So that's what happened. Cool!".

Viola likes this.
  17. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    You Should most definitely continue reading this Novel. I honestly think it is a crime that this Novel doesn't have International recognition. As soon as the Author elects to publish i am positive that he is going to gain a fair share of fame in the writing community at large.

The Novel as some of the best World Building i have ever read, and i read far more Published novels than i do Web novels. I've seen exquisite World Building done in Single Books and though Series, Mother of Learning stands right at the very top with the best objectively and subjectively to me it is without equal.

The Character Development is absolutely astounding as well. We see great growth in our Looping characters but a feat even more worthy of recognition is that we get the same quality of growth in the Characters that do not Loop. We slowly discover more and more of everyone important to the story and it is done fantastically.

This story is so well woven together that i wouldn't be surprised if the Author had written a book just for the planning of this novel. The deeper you look the more there is to find, the more you realize how exquisitely and meticulously planned out the novel was.

The only great fault that i can give Mother of Learning is that Since the World building is so well written and expansive that it won't be able to be contained in this single story. But even that is a good thing because the Author has already said he is quite open to continuing this Story in a 2nd book. It won't be a direct continuation, the ending won't be left open (he has confirmed this). But with the world he created and the characters he could easily write another novel diving even deeper into the fantastic world he has created.

As of Chapter 91 the Author has said that there will be 8 - 10 more chapters. Given his 3 week release Schedule we will be done Spring of Next Year, maybe Early summer.

I would still recommend you pick it up even though it is ongoing. The chapters are very long and the depth of the Novel will keep you hooked even if the wait for chapters tripled. Which they won't

Exactly this.

Whenever you are reading a novel about a Time Loop you must always get past the 1st Loop. The Baseline Loop is vitally important to write well. This Loop is usually the most boring by comparison but once you start to see that changes being brought about you will relish the fact that the Author took the time to do a good Baseline.

Without Spoiling anything i assure you that Everything from the Baseline does come to make a play in his future Loops.

The real enjoyment comes once you are some chapters in. I recommend finishes atleast Ch. 8 before you make a judgement to drop it. That being said this Novel does just get better and better.

I recently re-read it and the novel is ever escalating and ever building upon itself. The further you go, the harder it will be to leave it.

All in all. When the time Comes i am going to Buy this Novel in every Format i can and continue to support the Author in whatever work he chooses to do next. With Mother of Learning as his Maiden Work he could become a Writing Titan if he so wished.

CosmicInsomniac likes this.
  18. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Finally, maybe I will go read it, stopped at around 50...

19. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Plus the next chapter comes out on Wednesday. Oooooooooooo can't wait.

Halmista likes this.
  20. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so excited too! I've been looking for people to fangirl with.