Discussion Motivation to read/watch

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Chowderrr, Jul 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Chowderrr

Chowderrr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you guys ever experienced intense bursts of motivation that leads to binge read/watch novels/anime/manga/etc and then just never finish it because it happens to me all the time :')) I literally watched the first 4 and half of season 5 of HXH in less than a week and then couldn't bring myself to finish the rest. Then it happened with Bewitching Prince; I literally read the first 400 chapters in a day and then just stopped :'))

2. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Happens to me all the time.

3. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was procrastinating on learning for my math finals by binge reading a novel and after almost finishing it I stopped cause I reason to my self that I should save some chapters if there's no good novel to read..

I got nothing to read right now and that tab is still open somewhere but I am even procrastinating on reading it.. And yes I still am procrastinating on learning math.. And the finals is like less than 2 weeks away

4. Mr.Tiemos

Mr.Tiemos Clifford’s Big Little Cousin, Loves Hugs

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly it generally happens to me when it’s around midnight so it’s a bit sad.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    bored.png

Capsize and TheNewGuy like this.
  6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Stop wasting time and go prepare for your math, reading is good, but you will regret it later if you are not ready

Chowderrr likes this.
  7. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    That most often happens to me with stories that overuse life-threatening situations, or other high stress gimmicks. Sure it keeps you reading, because you have to know what happened next, but it eventually makes me burn out on the series. Something will happen that makes me stop reading for a while, and when I try to start again I just don't want to. I think subconsciously I've realized I'll just be giving myself more stress if I read it.

Chowderrr likes this.
  8. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It (losing motivation) usually happens to me just before the start of a new arc or mini arc.

I'm really stupid about this because I'll read the chapter leading into the next arc, think "this seems like it will be tedious" and then stop reading. I'll come back in a few days or weeks and the find out literally the next chapter would've subverted my expectations and I should've kept reading.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Chowderrr and Toralk like this.
  9. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had the bursts of boredom/apathy about a story I was actually enjoying leading me to put it on hold to be mostly forgotten. Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru! (WN) would be a good example of that, I've probably read the first 10-15 chapters 3 or 4 times and then I just lose interest for another year or two. I put Seoul Station’s Necromancer on hold 20 chapters before the finish but I had put it on hold so long ago that I just can't pick it back up without starting it from 10 or 20 chapters farther back to remember what's going on.

I've also gotten so absorbed into some stories that I'd not feel tired and stay awake for 20+ hours hardly eating.

Chowderrr likes this.
  10. Negiomi

Negiomi Idiot | Grandurr's

Reading List:
    Link
    I have sudden bursts of motivation when I find a novel/book/manga with an interesting summary. I then enjoy it for about a week and get distracted by other aspects of life. After some time, I would forget what was happening and lose interest. This is why I can't take really long novels unless I am determined to binge it.

Chowderrr likes this.
  11. Chowderrr

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg burn out is such a good way to describe it haha i never even thought of that!

12. Chowderrr

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel that so much T^T ive binge read novels and by the time they get updated again (unless updates are often) ive already forgotten everything

13. Chowderrr

Reading List:
    Link
    Also more often than not, I’ll laze around the entire day and complain about not having anything to read (despite the fact that my to read list is endless) and then bAM I feel the need to read something at 2 AM

14. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep it happens to me too

15. Flamer

Flamer [An Old Man] [Shady Dealer]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup it happens to me too... i was reading and i read it for 2 days than on 3rd the feeling disappeared I still wanna try reading it but whenever i start to read I forget where i was and re-reading just bores me
    Yup if updates r hecka a long u would forget where u were especially if u reading some short chapters TDG is a case for me

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Chowderrr likes this.
  16. Rubrum

Rubrum Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol. Your not alone. Currently I have 2 extra tabs open on my tablet in case I continue the books. The first is "a practical guide to evil" book 3 chapter 3, the second "gods are bastards" book 3 prologue. And I like both but just stopped reading.

Chowderrr likes this.