Discussion Motivation to read

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by bloodsword, Sep 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. bloodsword

bloodsword Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello , i see people recommand I shall seal the heavens and Warlock of the Magus world but i feel too lazy to read them , can you explain to me why i should read ? Minor spoilers are ok (cultivation type , character of the MC , etc)
    Thank you

2. Deleted member 369806

Deleted member 369806 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    They recommend those depending on what people here want to read, they don't always recommend those for whatever reason XD
    For example, they might've recommended those for their interesting plot compared to others of the same genre, maybe for their style of writing or because the peculiar personalities of the characters, etc...
    If you ask me for a good cultivation novel with serious characters and good plot, I probably won't recommend any of those (not that I mean they are bad of course, just that, they aren't the first to come to my mind) but instead recommend something like "Reverend Insanity" or "The Steward Demonic Emperor" unless you specify more criteria XD

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2021
  3. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably if you are new to the genre - Coiling Dragon is the novel to start off with, it’s pretty good and “classic “ in that genre out of translated works.

If you want a more interesting MC without too much of a harem then warlock of the magus world is good too, but the genre is a bit different to coiling dragon

ISSTH is a good work in a similar type like coiling dragon, but as far as I remember ISSTH is funnier. if you are looking for something funny and relaxing but not into Mary Su - ISSTH is s good choice

Hail lord fifth

4. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I didn't enjoy WMW (I don't like people who only do something if they get something in return), but about ISSTH I will tell why you should read...

The novel is basically one of the best of all times in terms of Xianxia, you will see an endless amount of fights, but at the same time, a lot of questions about life and Dao, you are not going to see a perfect MC, he has his flaws, he can be a genocide, he can be a Demon, he can be whatever he needs to be to seek his revenge or to protect those he loves. It's not about being good or evil, it's more about being both, even though he's not going to be a real bad guy, you can expect bad things from him. Furthermore, this novel has so many epic and funny moments. You are not going to regret reading.