Discussion MTL Tips

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by FlameE, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if i should post this on Translator's corner or not... so i ran out of things to read and finally started to try my hand on MTL on a novel with in my opinion should be one of the worst to start MTL with (Zhanxian) well whatever, from my time reading japanese stuff with MTL i know there are some words/sentences that won't be translated no matter what or will be translated as some strange words or senteces so you have to copy only the sentence or word and paste on the same MTL or another one to finally understand what that means i confirmed that reading a few chapters on LNMTL, i wonder if any of you guys who read MTL could help me with the most common words or sentences in chinese novels ?? i know that once i memorize some or most of them things will be much smoother.

2. art17

art17 [Wandering Poet]

Reading List:
    Link
    Use multiple translation machine. Though Google is certainly the best.

Dont forget to use Pinyin dictionary. There are lots of Online Pinyin dictionary.

Cosmic_ and FlameE like this.
  3. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    CNs are pretty hard to MTL compared to most JPs. You should just look for CN dictionaries and maybe also download a translation aggregator to MTL sentences. Use multiple sites to MTL. You could also look at the lnmtl database.

FlameE likes this.
  4. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh i didn't know about that, should be exactly what i'm looking for, thanks.

5. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    First, stop reading with LNMTL, the raw is shit. Xbiquge6 is better. Second, I generally just skip the part and whatever. I usally translate for my language (that is harder than english) that is more "rare" brutal translating error and is smooth. So, in english, probably will be much better.

Edit: Using Chrome Chrome (spybot but whatever) translator. Novel: Perfect World.
    My english is broken, so I understand normally. Maybe for you looks horrible but for me looks perfect
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2018
    FlameE likes this.
  6. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple answer, don't.

7. darkchocolatesan

darkchocolatesan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't MTL myself, so I can't help much, but I would suggest using an online dictionary (like mdbg.net) while reading chapter that's already translated. If you want common sentences or phrases, it would be best to mention how much you know already, like do you know pronouns? Basic sentence structure? Elementary-level Chinese (like to walk, to eat, daily activities, conjunctions, etc.)?
    tldr; what exactly is it that you wish to know? Just xianxia terminology, or fundamental Chinese vocab?

8. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It honestly depends on the machine you use. What Google doesn't translate, Bing probably does. It also depends on the author and the type of stories.

For ancient China setting, some maid and young miss got translated into prostitutes. Some terms that involves sight or glares might be translated as scorpions.

FlameE likes this.
  9. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Use a glossary, like LNMTL does, to make it a bit more bearable. Y'know - find out what the character names are in the story, for example, and tell whichever software you use for MTL that those characters should be translated to that name whenever they come up. Same for any common terms in the novel or similar novels. Give the MTL as many of the 'answers' before it begins as you can, and the results will be much better

Or, y'know, and I hate to say it, but you'd be better off just studying the language instead of spending a ton of time and effort making MTL a bit more bearable. If you must read MTL, better to read the results of someone else's work (a la LNMTL).

10. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't do it. Just leave it to human translators.

11. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks pretty ''clean'' translated to me, my english is broken too if you guys didn't notice already xD I'm brazilian.
    Studying the language is something i will do but not for some time.

12. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't need to know every word or sentences as that is just a waste of time, you just need to know why they are using those word and sentence from the context clue that you can read using MTL and infer on what they mean.

FlameE likes this.
  13. Asdq

Asdq RSS FEED SECT! I WANT YOU FOR THE RSS ARMY!

Reading List:
    Link
    The raw make a big difference. When I found out that all chapters's chinese novels are images I automally connect to OCR! I don't know if has error or not, if all OCR program are equal or whatever. What I see is that sites has raw in diferent quallity in readability. But has many factors as well, writer writing and novel type. There novels that is hard to read in raw and is better what but others are easy to read in raw.

I put the print that I printed there in a random ocr online:
    "Home Permanent bookshelf Fantasy fantasy Hartle]. arts Urban romance Historical military Science fiction
    New Pens ) Pantesy Pant., > Perfect Font • colour • size • Scroll • background • width •
    world > Chapter 3
    Chapter III Sacrifice Previous chapter chapter list next chapter. bookmark
    Recommended reading: Decipher official way Long since prehist.ic ink door fly a master lonely 2 bite dragon rage across the big world and Comma.,
    The altar was built of megaliths and was very open. It was built next to the broken old willow tree. At this time, it was filled with beasts, like a hill.
    The bright red beast blood is stained with the boulder table, along the stone surface, and the red and bright, plus the animal's thick animal hair, the cold flashing scales and the sly giant horn, etc., shocking, there is a terrible flood The breath is coming.
    Under the leadership of the old patriarch, the men, women and children of Shicun prayed together and asked for willow shelter. This is a serious process of sacrifice, and this is also a practice, and every time the hunting comes back.
    The blackened tree is as quiet as it used to be, and there is no reaction. As in the past, the sacrifices were not used, but many villagers know that it has a spirit!
    Finally, after the sacrifice was over, people took a sigh of relief and reappeared with a smile of joy. They began to move the bodies of these beasts, ready to bleed and cut.
    "For many years, the spirit has not been served once, and does it need to be sacrificed every time?" A young boy whispered.
    "Bad boy, what are you talking about!" His father yelled at the big bell, and picked up the big fan's hand and smashed him.
    Old patriarch waved, stopped, whispered:. "Festival of hope, sacrifice and support of our spirit, your heart honesty, piety we wait it, it will defend and protect our village,"
    the young hold the red face I hurriedly said: "I am not a patriarch, I just don't think that the sacrifice of the spirit does not require these sacrifices. It has never been used."
    "The mind is just fine." Shi Yunfeng patted his shoulder and explained it with his heart. Road.
    The ritual spirit, also called the "spirit of the sacrifice", is the abbreviation of the tribe's "spirit of sacrifice and support". It protects the village and shocks the beasts in the great wilderness.
    The old people in the family still remember that another sacrifice spirit decades ago was not like this. It was a strange stone, and every sacrifice offered would lose most of its blood and be absorbed by it.
    Until one night, the old willow tree came, and the strange stone chose to go. Everything changes.
    When I thought of the rainy night that year, the old patriarch was a little bit stunned. At that time, he was still a teenager, and he had witnessed the shocking and terrible picture.
    In the middle of the night, the lightning and thunder, the heavy rain and the torrential storm, the storm was violent to the extreme, the mountains were collapsed by lightning. Many of the mountains were like the sea, and the beasts rushed like the tide, and the scene was terrifying.
    It was at that time that a large willow tree appeared in the clouds, bathing the thunder sea, swaying the thick lightning of the mountains, and smashing into a chain of flaming gods, piercing the whole piece of heaven, as if with something. fighting.
    In the end, the big willow tree was broken, and it was blackened and shrunk to the present size. It fell down and was rooted in the stone village. At the same time, the lightning disappeared and the torrential rain fell. The strange stone that was sacrificed and supported in the night village left.
    Every time I think of it, the old patriarchs are trembled. The old willow tree is not rooted from other big tribes or mountains and rivers. It is landed from the sky and suffered from endless thunder and electric sea. No one in the village knows.
    In the first few decades, it was all black, and there was no life, like a complete death. It was not until ten years ago that a new green branch was drawn, and then there was no change.
    "Bad boy, you are careful, it is rare to harvest these beasts, their blood and veins and some bones are precious and amazing, don't lose the essence." The old patriarch returned to the martyrdom.
    The young silver knives in the family, Huo Huo, are cutting behemoths, screaming from time to time, Mars splashing, and the bones of the giant beast are hard and amazing.
    Someone has already prepared a large pot of pottery and picks up the blood essence that remains in the special part of the body. This is an excellent blood-filling medicine, very rare.
    This pile of corpses is the most precious, although it is only a descendant, far less than the bloody pure glif$I, but it contains some real blood, the value is amazing.
    It' s been more than two years since the last time I captured this fierce beast. They are too ferocious and powerful. If one paw goes down, it can destroy the life of a strong person. It is really difficult to deal with, and it is fierce.
    It can be said that the harvest is so staggering.
    "Hey, the true blood that is preserved in the rhinoceros of these two flaming horns is also extremely amazing. It is no worse than that one!" A father personally fought the knife and untied the flesh and blood of the rhinoceros under the rhinoceros, and found a redness. The real blood of fire.
    Suddenly, the blood turned into a group of red awns, and a double-headed flamingo with a long palm appeared, reddish, lifelike, angry and roaring.
    "Good things, this blood is very strong, not worse than that!" The father of the knife laughed, quickly used the pots to collect the rhinoceros blood, and firmly sealed the can.
    The patriarch, the horn of this dragon's horn is also a good thing. When we found it, it was already dying, otherwise it wouldn't be able to clean up." A youth road.
    Shi Yunfeng nodded and said: "It's rare. The dragon's horns on its head have been growing for some years. Carefully chiseling it down is a rare remedy for bones."
    "This rib of the beast's one-legged leg is really tough. Use the axe to cut it all the tim
    "It's all good things. The stinky boy is careful, don't ruin the blood of the wings of the flying dragonfly!" The
    people are happy and full of smiles.
    Only a group of children have shrunk their necks and ran like a smog, because they know that most of these so-called blood medicines and bone medicines will be used on them, and they will begin to "sin."
    It was not until half an hour later that the "treasure medicine" growing on the beast was taken out. The patriarch and several old people nodded with satisfaction and took away the pots and took them.
    "So many prey, marinate a part of it, then smoke it and make it part of the meat." The experienced old man spoke.
    So many beasts piled up like a hill. The whole village can't finish it for many days. If it is spoiled, it is a waste. For those who have some food shortages, they can't tolerate it.
    The women of all households began to go forward and share the same meat. They all had a sincere smile. The men who had worried about going out were not only safely coming back, but also harvested so richly. This is the best gift of heaven.
    Every household smoked, and after half an hour, the meat was scattered, and the meat pieces in the iron pans were almost rotten, and the children could not wait. The beast meat grilled on the fire began to become golden and shiny. It dripped down the fat and fell into the fire and squeaked. The strong men couldn' t help it, and began to tear the meat. The bite is full of juice and the appetite is wide open.
    "Wait, this is a meat, it will be rare to
    eat a lot of food . It is a rare rare meat." "Smelly kid eat more, this is the meat of the two-headed rhinoceros, more to make up your skin." Strong and iron-like, don't eat the most useless tree pork."
    All kinds of beasts became the most abundant food in the village at night, the seductive flesh smells scattered to the street, attracting appetite, bursting laughter The sound came and the whole village was a joy.
    Mobile users please go to m. Read.
    Chapter error, click here (free registration) will be processed within 5 minutes , please wait patiently after the report, and refresh the page.
    Previous chapter Chapter directory Next chapterAdd bookmark
    New Books
    The Perfect world episode is ups and deans and ...tin,. It is sn urban novel with a good plot and writing. The new pen is reprinted to collect the latest chapters of the perfect world.
    ea
    Copyright a 2015 jfi i .1 Rights Reserw, "

The site don't translate all the image but whatever, maybe in chinese is easer for be characters but looks the result:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  14. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    Tips: wait for a few years.

15. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    MTL?
    what for you use it?
    if you look for detail then unless you use several MTL, dictionary and wanna spend time on it, give up for detail~

I read MTL and only use it for making summary of the story for myself
    flowery words, idiom, place name, character name ~ I will realize it later or not care

if you keep read several chapter on row I forget what some cat call it again..... ah binge reading you will notice a character name refer to who~
    some weird translated sentence about an event, you only realize what that mean way later after read tens of chapter or more later~

it like playing with puzzle
    basic tip for MTL look at the general direction~ not detail~

I use google translate~
    also some CN ero are good
    56023.png

FlameE likes this.
  16. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All true, same thing happened to me on japanese novels, i will try that way on the chinese too, you talked about ero novels, from what i understand modern world novels should be easy enough to read, without any crazy cultivation terms and places, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.