Question Multiple novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by illusorum, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illusorum

illusorum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently I'm reading Emperor's dominion, but then I got board so I switched over to Ark, then I got bored again, and I switched to 40 millennium of cultivation. (i don't normally do this) Finished the 40 millennium, but now I recently found and really want to read Mahouka. But I don't want to stall emperor's dominion again and want to finish translated chapters at least so my reading isn't completely whack. (although it already is)

Anyway, so my real question for discussion would be, have you ever had a situation where you were reading a novel then got bored and switched only to get caught in this weird web of wanting to read but have this sense of duty to finish what you were reading?

2. PenguinXeus

PenguinXeus Just A Penguin, Kigurumi Wakuseijin

Reading List:
    Link
    no if i got bored im bored, until some time passed only i will read back

3. Deep

Deep NO TITLE

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep there are many novels that I stalled but never had a chance to finish it.Mainly because they couldn't give me enough kick.

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel you..The same happened to me with MW. That times,I just put it in a list and take a break~

illusorum likes this.
  5. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, but I usually just dump the novel. Eventually, when I'm bored and fresh out of whims, then I'll remind myself how good that boring novel I never finished was

6. porkbuns

porkbuns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All the time, got so many novels on the reading list, I can't even remember the names of the MC anymore. Sometimes I get bored and put a few on the waiting list, but I keep feeling the need to go back and keep reading for some weird reason; however, no matter how hard I try to pick it up again, I just can't seem to get into it at the time being. When I do pick it up again, I end up forgetting what the heck is even going on in the story :p

I ended up pausing on Emperor's Domination recently as well, the MC's constant, non-stop badassness gets tiring after a awhile (it's like constantly being hyped on stimulants 24/7 and it just eventually burns you out after awhile).

illusorum likes this.
  7. Flamemaster

Flamemaster [TheCakeIsALie][LordOfTheDivineFlame][ThePinkPuff]

Reading List:
    Link
    plenty of times for example when you realise that the shit keeps repeating again and again and again and again and again and again. and you are fed up with the cycle of boredom. for example zhan long, wdqk. I'd rather go with a novel like mahouko tensie , the kings avatar, the evil monarch

illusorum likes this.
  8. fireclaws

fireclaws 『FA Sect's Hermit』 『Rice Bucket』

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, I usually get burnt out from reading a novel then drop it to let it collect chapters and read something new. Before getting back to it like months later cause I forgot that I but it on hold.

9. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    story of my life, fam

10. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well there many titles still floating on my reading list~ and I never feel sense of duty for finish story I read~
    I will read when I wanna read~ 19656.png

illusorum likes this.
  11. NIlsy

NIlsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its more like i read whats translated then im starved there really arnt many novels that has lot of content, this is why i like fantasy series you can binge the first book then take it slow the rest of the books.

Most novels dont have enough translated to make me burn out, basically moonlight sculptor is the only novel that burnt me out now thats a grindfest

12. slaughter god

slaughter god overlord of all evil

Reading List:
    Link
    I put novels on hold when I feel like the current arc is dragging on for too long. During that time, I start reading more novels and when I go back, I suddenly realize that I'm behind by hundreds of chapters.

illusorum likes this.
  13. OneNameHero

OneNameHero [The Unchosen One]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's gotten to the point where I regularly browse royalroad.

14. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    The moment I start feeling the sense of duty, I move the title to my Lost Interest list... In case I'll want to read it in the future. But yeah, it definitely happens often enough.

15. Zerith

Zerith [Clumsy Librarian][Blanc's and Jibs' Mage]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sense of duty? Uhm....not really. If the series bored me, then I will just stopped reading it. I'm just a casual reader, I guess. (*≧ω≦*)

16. NeoUsui

NeoUsui [Melon Lord] [Unrivaled Super Hottie]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. Never happened to me b4. I have tendencies to finish what I start.

17. Fairy-chan

Fairy-chan 『Appreciates Cuteness』

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand your feeling, though it has never happened to me with novels.

It usually happens with the games I play, in which I keep feeling bad about not finishing a game, even if I was really bored of it.

There was one case in specific that I stopped playing at 2012 and this year I finally got enough courage to go back to it... I finished the game and I'm on my 5th playthrough right now.

Sometimes all you need is a bit of a break to remove the burnout I suppose.

18. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had lots of time where I've gotten bored or lost motivation to read. I have tried to keep reading but I find it doesn't help to force it. You don't enjoy it and motivation drops more. I've got them in my list so I just take a break now and find something else to focus on~

19. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    When I get bored of reading a normal I just drop it and pretty much forget about it. I put them in the 'later' reading list and just move on to read something else. Don't feel any sort of obligation, I think it's just better to read something that catches your attention instead of making yourself continue to read something out of obligation. Maybe one day I will remember that series and be interested in picking it up again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.