Question Multiple POV in Lord of the Mysteries

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by KHA2, Jan 29, 2020.

1. KHA2

KHA2 wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    How much of Lord of the Mysteries is multiple pov or other peoples' pov? I've been meaning to start reading it but this tag has kinda been putting me off.

2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't like multiple PoV in novels. I hate when something dramatic happens to one character and I have to read through irrelevant shit happening to another character to get back to it. So let ME tell you: There's nothing to worry about in LoTM. There is multiple PoV, but the segments are short, interesting, and almost always only take up part of a chapter. The main character's own PoV is usually part of every single chapter. It's done very tastefully, without ruining the flow of the story.

Karinda and Blitz like this.
  3. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i've read up to 751, taking a break to let chapters accumulate.

from what i remember, there are not a lot of pov changes
    almost everything is seen from the mc's perspective

edit: if there are any it's usually useful to the story

4. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    90% MC perspective. There’s tons of different characters but most of the are just for exposition or for proper clarification when misunderstandings happen. They’re usually also very short, some are even just a few paragraphs.

The very few chapters that have different perspectives are done when they’re with the main character filling in some common sense knowledge or reaction that the main character doesn’t have.

This has honestly been the third time I’ve seen a thread asking this exact question. Just search on the forum for more threads like this. You’ll find even more responses on those threads.

5. KHA2

KHA2 wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you all and
    I usually do look around beforehand but some reason I just didn't think of doing it this time

6. SuchHappy

SuchHappy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The multiple POV's are used pretty rarely, the main point of them is to show the audience something that the main character doesn't know. The most they last is a chapter or two, nothing to worry about in regards to the annoying side character taking over for 50 chapters.

7. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I wouldn't say the multiple POV is tastefully done so much as nonexistent. We aren't getting another character's story. We are, at best, getting a small prelude to something related to the MC. To me, that isn't a second POV. Just as how a paragraph in ISSTH where some figure is observing Meng Hao isn't a second POV.

8. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Try reading reborn: evolving from nothing. The POV changes in that novel are absolute cancer.

9. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup. Main reason why I dropped Release that Witch aside from the massive info dumps.