Mushoku Tensei anime announced!

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by juniorjawz, Mar 15, 2019.

1. checkman123

checkman123 [Nez] [The Bystander][RAWR FEAR ME]

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol i considered that to be ancient sacred text xD. Was one of the first i read actually. Dam the good old days

TheNewGuy and darksaint124 like this.
  2. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The art for light novel adaptations are usually based on the manga so that will be good. Eris is going to be best girl for as long as this is airing to all weebs. Sadly, even though I really like Mushoku Tensei, I am not that excited for Rudeus to be an MC. He's not that bad when he's really young, but as he gets older he continues to showcase the problem with {insert author} MCs way more than any other character that has graced the protagonist role in an isekai. Well, here's to legal lolis, yandare red-heads, and girls who dress up as boys. The west is not ready for Rudeus to live his poly life.:blobdevil::blobangel::blob_blush:

3. Tensoku

Tensoku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is Rudeus such a disliked character? I don't particularly love nor hate him. If I hate anything in the story, it'd be the progress that's jumped over when time skips occur. It's maybe too much a push forward without a few details and feels awkward to me. That's just me, though and I've only read a good portion of the WN, not the LN or manga. Will probably check the anime out too. Thanks OP.

4. darksaint124

darksaint124 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His main problem is personified in his soul form. At his heart Rudeus is truly still the worthless guy that did nothing with his life. He never actually moves on from this even when his life resembles something that he would never have even dreamed possible. With being the greatest mage of his generation, what does he do with all that no chanting mana at his fingertips? He spams stone bullet 500 billion times. I don't like guns in my fantasy, just because he's not using a gun isn't hiding the fact that his imagination sucks and he's still limited by his life on Earth. What they can imagine is the strongest point of having a former neet as a protagonist and Rudeus fails epically at this. Let's not forget his super cringe worthy personality. He's also way more beta than your average Japanese beta MC. I'm pretty sure I can think of more reasons Rudeus sucks, but I'd have to dive back i to the light novel for that.

5. juniorjawz

juniorjawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Humans suck. Some worse than others.

It is however beautiful to see an ugly seed bloom into a nice looking flower. And people like me enjoy that about it. Hard to explain other than that for me

MasterCuddler likes this.
  6. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Dozed off around chapter 50.

I only hope this does NOT get popular, hurting the chances for a second Slime season.:blobhero:

7. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
  8. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobtaco::blobtaco::blobtaco: Please do this series justice whoever the staff is

9. xylero

xylero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmm... this is too complicated for me

I feel kind of hyped but after seeing how the manga keeps butchering stuff i dread what could they change of it for an anime, my fear is that if they genericize the shit out of it then Mushoku Tensei will be known to the great audience as "just another generic isekai"

On the other hand the manga is pretty decent even if butchered and some people who never read the novel do think the manga is a cut above general isekai so even if the anime butchers it there may still be enough juice for it to be good

I have it clear that the story can only be adapted with three seasons of 24 chapters each because otherwise there would be too much story left out even after compromising and cutting minor plot points (and again, the manga keeps cutting major stuff to save time), a 12 chapters anime simply can't work, the story is too big and there are not many minor arcs were to stop for a dramatic end of season, the big parts that can be used as ends of season are:

- When Rudeus heads to search for his mother after his party disbands
    - After fighting the Dragon God
    - The end of the story

Then again, the slime isekai anime had 24 chapters so there is a chance for the Mushoku Tensei anime to be 24 chapters too, if it covers from the start to the point were Rudeus goes to the north alone then yes, it will work, and i dont even expect an adaptation of the full story, just a good first season and it will be enough, man, im not even expecting it to be great, im expecting it not to suck

You know, i just read the newest manga chapter and after seeing Rudeus depressed all i can think is that i dont want to see the anime beating him even lower :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

So, fingers crossed for a 24 chapter adaptation, anything below that and im pretty sure it will be bad

11. CharaDere

CharaDere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If anime is not 50 plus episodes long, prepare for all the details to be removed...

12. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Screw you....desu

14. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    Clockwise or reverse desu ka?