Discussion Mushoku Tensei made me hate harem series more than ever

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Haridarkun17, Feb 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haridarkun17

Haridarkun17 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know why some people like that series when I look at the list of the which is the best isekai to read in manga and I saw that one the father of isekai the reviews are all good so I decided to read it as well then boom I saw a crappy mc full of pervertedness who only cares for his dick instead then someone said read the novel it was much better then I read it and I puke. Sorry to all fans of this series but I can't take it anymore because it's too much.

• promotes pedophilia, adultery, sexualizing women like too much.

• the mc didn't give a f of his mother's feelings of being betrayed by her husband who cheated on her for how many long years. He let the woman who homewrecked his parents' marriage stay and ignored the hurt mother.

• lack of empathy

• mother get abducted but the mc only cares of his dick and forgot her

• cheating husband emotionally abuse his wife and son

• the plot is good but ruined by mc too much pervertedness that gives me creep and the flat characters

• toxic relationship

Many said the mc is different to any mc but the more I read it the more he look like any pervert mc with harems. He's similar to those kind of mc but worst.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk mate... If you want to make this thread any useful, you might want to give a more detailed take on why you hate it...

AMissingLinguist and Heartless like this.
  3. Haridarkun17

Reading List:
    Link
    I clicked create thread/post thread accidentally when I was supposed to write the details ಥ‿ಥ

canaria23 likes this.
  4. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol

Because most people don't focus on the harems
    Edit: also try a step into the past

Haridarkun17 likes this.
  5. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, it makes sense you don't like harems. The same thing would have happened if you read any other harem novel.

6. Haridarkun17

Reading List:
    Link

Oh

Into the past?

7. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped reading it after the children were having sex with each other. It was the most yuck feeling.
    I couldnt help but to ask to people who really rave this work, of why they like it? But probably most of them like the harem and pervertedness in it so I stopped trying to understand.

8. Sirusblue

Sirusblue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A step into the past is a chinese novel

Haridarkun17 likes this.
  9. Haridarkun17

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind the harem as long it's not focus on pervert stuffs or too much sexual. I prefer harem + actions as long the mc and the characters are decent.

10. SinCity

SinCity Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The story goes downhill from the start of the school arc, before that it's pretty good and the first few volumes are the reason why everyone loved it.

11. Generic.Archdemon

Generic.Archdemon Bleh~ too lazy

Reading List:
    Link
    Tried to read it several years ago... on the count of hype, I did several run up but I could never get into it... a few people told me that the MC become a bit better over the course of the story... but I did not find enough to like about the MC to carry me over to the point where he gets "better" so I stopped.

12. Rune_Seeker

Rune_Seeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, I'm not the kind of person to just start a debate right of the bat but maybe before anything goes down I want to ask you first...

How far have you gotten in the novel? (Web novel or light novel)

AngryOnion and trollex like this.
  13. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the whole thing...
    actually, can't call it reading. I TORTURED MYSELF THROUGH IT.

the most lame crap. father of isekai? I SPIT ON IT. plot was the biggest spawn of crap.
    not even gonna watch anime. nope, not a chance. piss off

shield hero is the father of isekai. (albeit crap with the ending but okay)

14. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    A step into the past, cn drama novel

Generic.Archdemon likes this.
  15. Xxsafirex

Xxsafirex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait what?
    he himself is a kid, he won't touch female lead before they are (somewhat) matured (15 yo if i remember ?) (take in note that it's still a medieval context so could be alright). well ok for this one

adultery has never been promoted wtf, his father is kinda trash and MC himself says it (i think) but it's never promoted, give me the quote if it is, i'm waiting.
    she homewrecked not much, the greyrat (think it was their household name more or less) has a heavy antecedent for being quite the playboy.
    What's more expelling the maid while pregnant was more or less letting her die (no husband, not much money and nowhere to go), pretty sure his mother would have regretted it afterwards as they'd been friends for years. the husband is trash ok.

well why not, there is still to consider that he has absolutely no lead but still tried to get info about her (remember there was some actions taken)

abuse his wife ??? when ? give the quotes lol.
    abusing his son. wouldn't call it that, but whatever, you just hating because you want to here.

16. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don't remind me of this novel :D I also read it because of the hype and I regretted it. The characters are really unlikable in this novel, especially the MC. Also, what's up with the ridiculous plot
    to heal the impotency of his och*nch*n?
    Seriously, author?

17. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    agree, which is why i wonder why Overgear LN got so many fan when MC need 1k chapter ish to be normal human being

18. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    this feels more like a rant since .... well... u could say U want a bland self insert MC and bland charas with no conflict whatsoever or if it does come could easily be powered through cause MC is OP but then again this series is considered the grand daddy of isekai tropes so... u know its kinda ..... old and cliched cause it was used as reference .... like a lot

AngryOnion likes this.
  19. sadmanex

sadmanex [I'm popular too]

Reading List:
    Link
    i read you wall of text just to ask, when the husband abuse the wife? which chapter

toxic relationship? again, which chapter, or do you know what toxic relationship is?

the mother get abduct. and MC never stop looking for her, like MC goes to many country to find clue

lack empathy? pls explain

promote pedo? hell man which chapter like for godsake

and other or your point, did you actually read or watch it? Im sure you will pretend you never saw I ask you this

AngryOnion likes this.
  20. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Rudeus is a shitty person. A scum of the earth neet. However he grows. And his final moments on earth were actually good. Worst series would be gun ota. Cowardly protagonist that betrayed and let his friend on earth get bullied instead of him and caused him to commit suicide. And when he did get isekai’d he was murdered by his bully and ran away like a bitch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.