Discussion Music mix/playlist recs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jojo775, May 18, 2022.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm bored of the music I listen to at work, I need something new.
    Mostly I listen to 80's rock, pop, Alternative rock, Alizee, Anime mix ops, Bleach ops, One Piece ops, nightcore, best of Zedd, best of Calvin Harris, best of Sia, best of Def Leppard, Iron Maiden, Burnout Legends ost, Synthwave vocals list, Skillet, Liquid DnB Maduk mixes, Pendulum live at Brixton, Melodysheep, Exit Eden, Written by Wolves, Amaranthe, 30 seconds to Mars...

This is stuff that endures, is not kinda depressing/negative like Three Days Grace or emo like Dead by April(both which I love but the mood...)and doesn't get annoying, but still I need more.

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  2. simak

simak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you like game music, Overclock remix.

3. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you looking for something as background music or something to actively listen to? When I am in a background music mood, I listen to Synthwave mixes by Odysseus, Astrothrob, and ThePrimeThanatos. For something a bit more active, I listen to trap music mixes or harder hitting industrial D&B like SWARM

4. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Active, kinda obvious from the listed music groups but I could've specified I don't want agressive nor chill music, just energetic.
    Swarm sounds agressive, I dunno, maybe I heard it once years ago...
    Trap I like the idea of, but like Synthwave it's too much of a bother to find gems...I guess not everyone can be Scandroid or Dance With The Dead. I don't like mister Thanatos, it's dark generic wave for me, where's the melody!
    I like traps like this

5. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Florence+The Machine, Sigrid, AJR, Bishop Briggs, Two Feet, The Unlikely Candidates, Morrissey, Orla Gartland, This is Valley, The Wrecks, Highasakite, Red Vox, UPSAHL, Transviolet, Kings of Leon, The Black Eyed Peas, Sara Bareilles, Lawrence, Woodkid, Jeremy Loops, Alec Benjamin, Noah Kahan, London Grammar, Jon Baptiste, AURORA, Charlotte Cardin, The people's thieves, The Academic, Dillon, Faouzia, , George Erza, Kings of convenience, FINNEAS, Hooverphonic, Metronomy

Last edited: May 20, 2022
    curly _tea likes this.
  6. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh, I only checked first 3 and me no like anything like soft rock, modern soft-alt rock, like Muse, Osiris... I only like 2 songs from Kings of Leon and Black Eyed Peas and it's easy to guess which ones, their hits.

7. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    You might find something you like on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkGxNMDRlhLmxvKL5RhvXHw

8. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh except for the moody type of playlist, ugh I hate long silences and silent parts in songs, it's okay but I'm not a big fan of this baritone chorus mainstream rock. I guess I can use anti procrastination playlist.

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  9. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reinvent yourself.

Go classical like they tortured you with in mandatory music class back in schooling.

10. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been bopping to Rosalia's music recently maybe you'll like it. Try listening to her album Motomami.
    Also if you like industrial pop/deconstructed club stuff, try Sophie's album "Oil of Every Pearl's Un-Insides"

curly _tea likes this.