Question My blog is marked as dangerous

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Weslley, May 15, 2021.

1. Weslley

Weslley Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I started translating about a month ago. I started with Tearmoon Empire Story, and I translated one chapter of Isekai de Mofumofu Nadenade....

I'm using Blogspot, since it is the only free platform with decent flexibility and the group name is Pawprint Translations.

All was fine and good, until today. When I went to make the second Isekai de Mofumofu post, my blog was marked as dangerous. Not only that, but both the first part of the first chapter of the series, as well as the series ToC were removed.

Apparently, I have too many ads that disrupt the user experience. Except I don't have ads at all. I'm at a loss on what to do. Is there someone who went through the same experience? Chapters of this series are super big, and took me a lot of effort to translate them. I'm feeling very down right now.

zetsuen_dark likes this.
  2. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ask the moderators WHY your blog was marked as dangerous, there could be a misunderstanding

3. Juju48

Juju48 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes it’s not actually your website but someone else on the same server as you. In that case, there isn’t much you can do.

4. zetsuen_dark

zetsuen_dark [blue is the color of distance]⚓️

Reading List:
    Link
    yikes. have you reached out to someone in charge?? is it just you who's experiencing this? iirc there's another thread going on about this thing so you should probably check it out. i think the thread title was 'Is the site down?' or smth

5. Weslley

Weslley Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will definitely look for it.

6. nonononononono

nonononononono NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

Reading List:
    Link
    where did you get that message? I've never seen that warning.
    I'm also using blogspot

7. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol? Mofumofu are definitely dangerous. But jokes aside just follow the advice above and message support. It’ll probably take ages to get a reply so make sure to back up your website, maybe even switch to a different host.

8. Weslley

Weslley Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The "dangerous" was that red page you get when you try accessing a site with invalid certififcation. On the brower page, with the "get me out" message. I had the message both accessing the blog itself as well as accessing the admin panel. Once I force the entry, it showed me a message in the address bar saying the site had too many ads.

It looks like the "dangerous" notice went away, which is good. I'm not sure if I should reupload the lost chapter though.

9. nonononononono

Reading List:
    Link
    your description sounds awfully like your pc has malware.
    Edit 1. Your blog theme template comes from the third party, they might place ads on your blog, and the script might be malicious.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  10. Weslley

Weslley Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could think that as well, but the message was at the adress bar. A malware would pretend to be a official message by showing it close to the adress bar, but still within the page, which wasn't the case. It woud affect other sites as well. And it surely wouldn't remove pages from my blog. Still, thanks for trying to help. I'm starting to calm down. :)

By the way, in order for the "dangerous" message to go away, I went into my Google Search Console. There was a message saying I don't have enough HTTPS coverage ( whatever that means ). I asked for a reevaluation, and the site was fine after that. I also commented the Ezoic placeholders the site had. They aren't ads, but it is the closest thing my site has, so, who knows.

11. nonononononono

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobsweat:I'm confused why you have Ezonic placeholders on your blog? I thought those are for ads

12. Weslley

Weslley Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They are, but I wasn't accepted. I don't have the public, nor the time. I just didn't removed them afterwards. But I did now.

13. nonononononono

Reading List:
    Link
    lol, thanks for this post, I noticed that three of my posts got removed today.
    All the notices from google went to the spam messages,
    it seems like a new thing.

new updates
    from the google blogspot forum
    apparently many sites are effected

14. Weslley

Weslley Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't look promising. And I was so happy doing my little translations.

15. nonononononono

Reading List:
    Link
    quick, backup your themes and data,
    I am backing up now before google fuck us any further.

16. Weslley

Weslley Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For anyone reading the post now, it seems like the problem was widespread and affected many blogs from Blogspot.
    For now, I reuploaded the deleted pages and I will take a wait and see approach.

I want to sincerely thank everyone who answered me. I was nervous and annoyed. Talking about it helped me calm myself quite a bit.
    Thank you very much.

aShinyVaporeon likes this.