Misc My Brainstorming Page

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by Evil_Ginger, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    So, they finally found me out. While bored at work, I would type up some random nonsense to get my creative juices flowing while also appearing to be at the computer and working. But NO! The Boss ain't havin' any of it! They even went and deleted my stuff!

Hehe, good thing I always back them up on my flashdrive.

However, even after saving it to the flash drive, it still appears in the recent documents section.

Foiled again!

But now I think I figured it out. Pull up incognito mode and type out my stuff here! No saving it on the work's server or anything like that! Hehehe!

So this shall be the tentative location of any random ideas I have. More to come.

2. Lordnightowl

Lordnightowl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    or you could always delete the history.

Evil_Ginger and Lokumi like this.
  3. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    it's a work server, so I cannot delete certain things or change any properties.

4. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    {Name in Progress} (Probably something related to dolls or something, but I kind of want it to be serious.)

MC lives in a world of the future, one ravaged by war and fear. Robots and superpowers aren't so amazing anymore, and the world is filled with monstrous beasts. Raised by an A.I. programmed to be a body trainer, MC ends up being able to fight these monsters for money to make a living. However, his A.I. is a back up of a dangerous A.I. that is currently part of the group of rebel robots that are waging war with humans. They had been deactivated all this time, so someone is going around and waking them back up. Filled with resentment and hatred towards humans, they are back again to fight.

MC and his other A.I.s are forced to go off because humans are trash blah blah blah

MC is not super powered, just really skilled. this world has some 'magic' powers, but most are something like what you would see from Hunter X Hunter and it carries quite a lot of similarities, now that I think about it. But it features modern weapons as well as old ones and MC tends to rest in a VRMMO along with his A.I.s when they are free.

A.I.s can be installed into a Doll, like a robotic husk. A.I.s exhibit sometimes unique personas, and can be raised differently depending on their master. One Patrick A.I. can be calmer than another Patrick A.I., but not as quick in reacting. The first batch of A.I.s were mass produced A.I.s that were simple and relatively personality-free, but could gain a personality over time. The second batch, also known as the malfunctions, were programmed with a rudimentary personality to give them some uniqueness, but this led to massive changes, sometimes causing the A.I. to overwrite orders and do their own thing, because they believed their actions to be better meant for their purpose.

For example, MC's A.I. is a body trainer and if he doesn't listen to 'it,' then 'it' can override the order of not disturbing his sleep in order to get him up and running. All for the sake of making him healthy.

The batches after that all remained strictly bland. Any personality would be stamped out as a malfunction or a recall.

A.I.s can be 'backed up' like a save file, but it requires massive amounts of digital storage, which costs a lot. A back up slot could cost someone more than a luxury car, maybe even a mansion.

These back ups, while expensive, can be stolen and were often stolen back in the past. The rogue A.I.s and evil humans often would take these and make copies of powerful A.I.s in order to overrun enemies with numbers. However, even with the same A.I., if the Doll is simple and the lowest possible grade, then it is like having a bunch of wooden puppets shambling about.

Dolls have been progressively upgraded over time and are as diverse as the A.I. that control them. Using modern technology, humans can command these Dolls using machines often used for gaming, but they do allow for almost exact reaction speed and ability while remaining safe at home, even while exploring dangerous locations.

There are a number of top of the line games that feature an immersive contraption that can connect nearly all of the brain's signals to the game. This way, the signals could also allow for A.I. to participate as well, allowing the MC to practice fighting against monsters with his allies.

The game he plays is the most realistic one that Hunters(tentative name) use before going out into the real world. It features a pain function and can change the avatar to mimic his real life ability. However, no game is yet capable of including superpowers into the mix, or else more people would be playing.

Super powers are incredibly powerful...or they can be, when trained correctly. However, MC is an orphan in a relatively younger area, compared to other human settlements and bastions. Struggling to survive in the sticks, MC is probably one of the only humans willing to go out into the wild and fight monsters. Normally, Hunters with superpowers or human controlled Dolls would often protect the towns and cities, but not actively clear the surroundings of monsters. Too expensive and dangerous.

This led to a restriction in the public. Transportation is extremely expensive, and only used to move homes, not vacation. In fact, if one wishes to leave the cities' borders, they must be regarded as a Level 1 Individual. Whether they have superpowers, are a part of the military, or are a Hunter, they have to have the ability first before leaving the safety of the walls.

The game the MC plays is run by Hunters, so when played as a Hunter would, he is more than capable of being classified as a Level 1, but when considered individually, he falls a little short. (Currently, of course)

Hunters are a group of people that wish to explore, learn, and hunt down the world. They clear out monsters and bring back antiques such as cell phones and gaming consoles.

The military is geared towards protecting the lives of the majority, so they are more for combating enemy groups, such as rogue A.I. and evil humans. And with super powers...these people can be pretty dangerous.

There is also an association for those with powers, but more for keeping an eye on them. the government cannot rashly do whatever they want towards these people, but most of them can be called Heroes, like in the old fairy tales such as Iron Man and Superman.

Monsters come in all shapes and sizes, even varying levels of intelligence. They are referred to as monsters as they resemble grotesque creatures straight out of nightmares. They are heavily mutated animals and even descendants of people, some say.

Animals have also gained super powers, and of course they seem to react differently than humans do. When an Alpha gets a power, all other power holding males are slaughtered. It doesn't matter if the race is a rabbit or a mouse. If a female has a power, they are held in a place of worship and are the closest mate to the Alpha, becoming the Beta and so on. The offspring of the super powered animals will mostly belong to the Alpha's, while every so often, an offspring with the power of the Beta will appear. None of the animals so far have exhibited both powers, but perhaps there just hasn't been any documented times.

Demons/Devils/Mutants go by a variety of names, but they are essentially mutated humans that perhaps lost a bit more than just their physical appearance. They resemble monsters. However...there are reports that perhaps some of these are actually races of animals or even monsters that have developed superior intellect and have become a rival species.

People have become rather lazy. With A.I. and Dolls being produced all over the place, constantly working for humans' benefit, there is not much left to do except enjoy life's little pleasures. Games, parties, the arts, even the ancient animations and cartoons. Most people do not even go outside, so most streets are empty of life.

However, A.I. are everywhere and can often be seen walking all over the place completing errands and deliveries.

The history books claim that the Robot Revolt(name pending) took place because one side felt that robots should follow human commands, while the other side believed that humans should do things on their own, not relying on others. However, the truth of the matter is, both sides blamed the other when they were both equally at fault. It wasn't just robots vs. humans, as there seem to be some unknown individuals throughout the rise of the Robot Revolt that looked to be pulling some strings.

MC has future issues due to having some A.I. backups of notable members of the Robot Revolt. Those A.I. will eventually go against their 'originals' that are filled with hate or have been misled.

Most humans now are assholes. No beating around the bush. They would rather stay at home in safety than struggling to survive like MC. They are also selfish and are used to having their way. They surround themselves with mindless A.I. and brown-nosing yes men. MC is often regarded as an oddity, an eccentric weirdo, and a threat. Though currently not anyone important, once his A.I. gets found out, he is forced to involve himself, and he doesn't like it.

In fact, MC has a pride issue when it comes to being useful. It is his character flaw. I don't know if I want to add anymore, but there it is. Does being in love with his A.I. count? Hm...maybe that can be a flaw and an endearing attribute if written correctly...

MC has several A.I. that he has gathered over the years, but he has little space to use them. His overall living quarters are run by Charles, a basic search engine A.I. that scours the Net to find relevant information according to conversations and other situations. Has no Doll. In game, Charles is a Scholar looking through the Library.

He has a mechanic A.I. called Iylute, or Loot for short. And he has the miniature Chibi-Bot and is equipped with all sorts of tools to repair weapons and armor. In game, he is a Blacksmith.

Carma is one of the 2nd batch of A.I., one of the malfunctioned ones. She was programmed to be a body trainer and has become MC's personal assistant. Currently using a generic House Doll. Plans to switch over to a Combat Doll when enough money has been acquired so as to assist MC in his hunt for monsters and beasts. She is actually an early back up of the main Carma, apparently.

Mia, another member of the malfunctioned batch. She is a combat instructor and has a slight hatred towards humanity, holding more knowledge of the Robot Revolt than Carma. However, she knows this Carma is the one as she used to work alongside her and carries an imprint of the logo of the gym they used to work at.

Alright, so the backstory, lore, and general info has been put aside...how do I want this story to go?

Big SPOILERS for this part.

I want MC to of course grow as a person, but he is completely attached to his A.I.s. Perhaps I want him to treat them as people, regarding them as finite in their lifespan. He would be alienated for his views, as he would treat machines as people. To get an idea, this would be (in other people's minds) as if you were regarding a fictional character from an anime as a real person. Thus, he ends up making himself an enemy of humans, but an ally of many A.I.

This will of course become more dangerous as he becomes more entangled with them and has to fight the humans who are attempting to deactivate all of the rogue A.I.

However, it seems that there are a group of evil humans that are spreading chaos. They are awakening these old A.I. and setting them loose. MC meets a couple here and there, learning more of their rather petty but dangerous plot.

And I wouldn't be me without a terrible tragic moment that would kickstart the MC and even 'awaken' him. No, no superpowers. I don't want him to have superpowers.

See, the superpowers all come from the energy and oddities produced by the massive nuclear fallout still left behind before the Robot Revolt was even thought of. This means the MC will see old ruins of 'our' time period and also learn that everyone carries minute traces of this radiation, though each person is slightly different in regards to where the radiation is affecting.

So yeah. He learns how to manipulate that energy using ancient martial arts and spiritual movements, causing him to train even more. This energy doesn't do much for a while, just make him faster, stronger, smarter, that kind of thing.

Constantly fighting monsters, humans, and the occasional crazy A.I., the MC and crew manage to find the leaders of the Robot Revolt and interact with them. They would obviously carry massive hatred towards humans, and while MC is different, they wish to kick him out along with his A.I.

However...Charles is still technically a generic A.I. Though he has been building up a personality, and quite a sophisticated one, his creators tracked him whenever he accessed the internet, thus finding the hideout of the A.I.

Chaos ensues and a massive fight breaks out, revealing the talents and abilities of the world's strongest humans and robots.

Only to be stopped by the Demons, or the mutated humans and monsters that have learned how to harness the energy MC just started learning and taking it even further. The fight stops temporarily and both sides regard the Demons as threats.

Except the MC, once again. As someone who could call A.I. people, seeing walking, talking, and expressive beings that resembled humans could only be called people as well.

MC sneaks off to go learn how to get stronger, leaving his crew behind. He desires to get stronger, and even though the leaders dislike him, they wouldn't hurt his A.I.

Time Skip. For how long? I don't know. Maybe when the fight with the Demons is about to begin.

MC comes back stronger and all of his A.I. have been upgraded and equipped with suitable augments. The leaders of the Robot Revolt are quick to start trouble, but MC evades them with ease and helps his team escape. A good way to show off the new powers and abilities of the team.

They go off on their own, off the grid, so to speak, accessing the game through hidden IP addresses. The fight between the A.I., humans, and Demons continues, and places are starting to get attacked. Monster waves swarm cities and people go missing all the time.

Now, people have to be at Level 2 just to leave the walls. MC's team is able to leave, but if they are regarded as Level 2, then they must help protect the city they are in.

Thus, they end up getting themselves found out by the Hunters. The Heroes descend, attempting to capture them, only to fail. I don't know if I want this process to continue a few times or end at just one, but if I need to make the protagonists grow, I can just add a few more on.

Eventually, MC has had enough and they go to the Hero HQ themselves. Secretly. They break in to see why the Heroes want them, only to get ambushed. However, it seems that the Heroes want insider info on the leaders of the A.I., while some also want to know how he got so strong.

"Train. Put in the effort. Do things yourself."

Yeah, I want to tell of the lazy people! And myself...but yeah. The humans are told to actually begin doing stuff, so of course they are going to complain. Nothing gets done, that is, until an entire city is destroyed by the Demons.

Everything begins to change for the humans, as they start to train and instate a boot camp.

And...using this chance, MC gets some of the A.I. of the Robot Revolt to train them. Some of the humans and A.I. work together to fight back against the Demons, and MC's crew joins. Using the people he met during his time training, MC gets insider info and allows the collaborating forces to defeat the evil Demons...except that the leaders aren't Demons, but the same evil humans from before. They enter a deadly dogfight and end up the winner.

Of course, things go back to a stalemate, but there are now some people and A.I. that are understanding of each other, as well as some 'good' Demons. There, a nice story of camaraderie and coming to terms with your enemies.

And the end can be a funny segway into the game world as now people can use their superpowers and even the radiation energy as if it were real life.

Of course, I doubt I would make a sequel.

The problem with my story, is that I tend to skip over some minor details, or move too quickly, shortening the story and resulting in...maybe...I don't know...a fourth of what I originally intended.

Name: Undecided
    Ethnicity: South Iropian (of African Descent)
    Appearance: Dark skin, black hair and black eyes. sometimes shaves head bald. Tall, muscular, sometimes wears old styles such as t shirt and shorts, but usually is dressed in light body armor that is fitted for mobility.

Likes: Carma, meat/potatoes/cheese, playing the game, fighting, his friends, pretty much anyone and everyone...with a few exceptions.
    Dislikes: mushrooms, losing his friends, being alone, and people who threaten his friends or others.

Bio: an orphan whose parents were scavengers, or people digging through ruins to find a quick C. (Cs are essentially the Current-C, or currency) Lots of information from the past carried over weirdly. Before they died, they found many fascinating back ups, which would normally cost a lot of money, but they were all either old fashioned and dated models or dangerous A.I. MC uses one of the 'better' A.I., against his late parents' wishes, so he could not be alone. Now she is practically his whole world.
    Name: Carma
    Ethnicity: None [Young European Adult Female Voice Model]
    Appearance: (In Game) Model based on actress from 21st Century. Blonde hair, blue eyes, good tall figure. Wears hair in a ponytail and tends to wear exercise clothes such as warm ups and tank tops. She wears baggy clothes as otherwise, MC would be too distracted.
    (In Real Life) She is using the basic House Assistant Doll, a plain and featureless Doll with a gray metal exterior and no gender specific attachments. Appears to be a large metal marionette doll. [changes to a Combat Doll that shares appearance from the game after several expensive upgrades]

Bio: This specific Carma worked at a gym way back when. her job was too appeal to customers and help them get fit. However, she was often the target of her owner's anger as she would too skillfully assist people. They would leave after only a couple of sessions, making him lose money. She was always finding it strange that her owner was having her go against her purpose by lying or witholding information, just to have the clients spend more money. She was eventually sent back to be repurposed, but her and her fellow A.I. were liberated and joined the Robot Revolt. Here, she backed up her info just in case. This is the save the MC obtained.
    Name: Charles
    Ethnicity: None [Middle Aged European Adult Male Voice Model]
    Appearance: (In Game) He is a gentlemanly scholar with a straight posture and impeccable behavior. He fashioned himself after a certain butler from a famous cartoon that the MC found, and this character ended up shaping Charles' infant personality. He wears comfortable robes and wears glasses that can pull up System Information regarding objects around him just like in real life.
    (In Real Life) was merely a voice program that was an assistant program that obediently followed orders. After creating a character in the game, Charles now displays that face on the monitor whenever he is being used. He has chestnut colored hair with some gray streaks swept to the side and soft green eyes. he has a nice mustache and beard that makes him look more debonair, but without it, he would look like he was in his 20s.

Bio: Charles is a generic program that comes with pretty much every Ladon product and is used as a guide. most people will purchase a different A.I. or update to a newer model, but Charles is one of the first from Ladon, and is sort of a mascot to some degree. He represents that intelligent and servicing attitude that many customers liked. However...this specific Charles was left behind when his previous owner passed away in their sleep and no one came to check up on her. He was discovered by MC's parents and brought back, where he now answers any questions MC has. When MC gave him an account for the game, he was surprised...and excited? He was never programmed with these emotions, and when he was to create his own avatar, he started to realize he was developing a personality, something that MC enjoys. As thanks, Charles is a dedicated and loyal friend and subordinate, not a servant.
    Name: Mia
    Ethnicity: None [Young Russian Adult Female Voice Model]
    Appearance: (In Game) She selected the Dark Elf race for their quick physical movements and lithe body types. They share the closest body shape of Dolls. She dresses in tight armor that is made specifically for movement, meaning the parts where her limbs meet her body are not obstructed...so it looks like she is wearing a black one piece swimsuit with arm sleeves and leggings. She has short white hair and silver eyes, as is common for a member of the Dark Elf race.
    (In Real Life) Like Carma, she starts off with a generic Combat Doll and eventually gets upgrades that make her look as close as possible as her in-game appearance to make things as optimal as possible. or so she says.

Bio: A Combat Instructor A.I. that worked alongside Carma. however, the backup he found is a later one that holds more hostility against humans. She is close to Carma, even though this Carma is almost completely different, but she also seems to be intrigued by our weird MC. Love Rival?

She continues where we originally left off with Carma. Ends up seeing the darkness in humans and realizes that they are a danger to themselves if they continue down the current road. but we get the first appearance of the bad humans here as they seemed to be leading or guiding the A.I. even back in the past. this back up is from just before a major conflict, so Mia secretly thinks that she is the latest and last Mia, even though the others claim otherwise. Does not start off with the group but joins early in the story.
    Name: Iylute Model 5 [Loot]
    Age: 5 (Programmed to act like a grouchy 60 year old man)
    Ethnicity: None [Synthesized Adult Male Voice]
    Appearance: (In Game) Picked the Dwarf Race as it is best associated with blacksmithing and repairs. Long gray beard and goggles to protect the face from stray sparks. Short in stature, but great in muscle. Mostly wears blacksmithing aprons and soot covered overalls.
    (In Real Life) uses the Chibi-Bot Doll as it resembles his in-game appearance. Is constantly upgrading his Doll to carry more and endure more stress. In fact, Loot is the most vain A.I. as he constantly attempts to add on unnecessary attachments to his Doll, such as a metal beard made of steel wool or purely decorative goggles even though he doesn't need them. Wears clothes similar to his game avatar and acts like a blacksmith instead of a mechanic. MC says his 'roleplaying' can be seen as cute, but most other A.I. regard him as malfunctioned, an oddity.

Bio: A prototype worker bot A.I. tasked with repairing everything from appliances to Dolls. Originally meant for a Repair Bot that doesn't even have a human appearance, Loot shows extreme delight for his body in the game. being free to act differently from his programming was also strange, as he didn't know about anything else. This lead to him being forced to stay with MC or be salvaged by his creator and regarded as a failure. Doesn't start off with the group.

{TO BE CONTINUED}

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    you can use blog
    or notes in reading list
    or a private discord server
    or a convo here

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  6. Emmyy

Emmyy Kadupul flower* blooms at midnight*dies at dawn

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi this your boss. funny neeting you here.. :blobspy:. GET TO WORK ! Haha

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  7. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    i could. but am i gonna?

8. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    nope just do it here

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  9. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    {Name in Progress} (Preferably something about MC's countenance, or face, or appearance, like {This Ugly Bastard} or something)

General Premise: MC and several dozen other people are summoned into the bodies of Goblins and ordered to fight off the Hero and his team. Everyone is of a different ethnicity and background, so some are not meant for fighting. However, everyone seems to have a purpose and they must work together despite the difficulties in order to survive. Meanwhile, the Hero must do his duty to assist and save those around him, but a strange group of Goblins seems to have become a major obstacle in his path.

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, Monster MC, Evolving MC, Ugly to Handsome MC, Clever MC, Crude Language and Actions, Some Adult Themes, Philosophical Undertones, I don't know what else to add...

The world's setting is rather bizarre, as some concepts are only understood by the outsiders. Others cannot see the tropes and cliches as such, instead regarding them as common occurrence. It is just common knowledge for grouchy adventurers to haze newbies, or bandits to say cheesy lines. However...it is also common knowledge that almost every noble is in it for themselves, so there happens to be a lot of actual political movements behind the scenes and even in plain sight.

Thankfully, our protagonist(s) is a/are monster(s) and so do not require the sophistication of a noble born elite.

It just so happens that they do (lol)

This is a not very serious story set in a rather serious way, so some dry humor or sarcastic humor will most likely be implemented. (such as the MC saying he really likes something even though his thought process says otherwise)

The monsters are filled with the souls of adult humans from a world similar to ours while the main characters are children, young adults at best. They grow quickly, getting new bodies that match their personality, their soul. Some become Demons, others become Magical Beasts. Some become other races entirely, while some just remain Goblins.

Magic in this world follows a System, but a rather different one. People can only get Magic after completing a certain action, or a Quest, so to speak. It is usually offered by the God of that specific Magic Type, so if you want to learn Fire Magic, you must visit the Shrine of Fire to learn a spell related to it. However...it is up to the God to deliver you your spell, and it might not be that awesome. Or, it could be too awesome and your body is unable to cast the spell.

For example, the Hero went to the Shrine of Divine Judgement, otherwise known as the Lightning Shrine. Once he arrived, performed the ceremony, and spoke with the God, he was granted with the Heaven's Wrath spell that could strike an enemy with lightning. Powerful stuff.

This means that for someone to get a lot of spells related to that God, they must be on good terms and often complete Quests for these Gods. Thus, even if the mage does not actively promote that God, they are still considered Activists or Priests or what have you. Thus, a high leveled Fire Mage would be regarded as a Priest of the Fire God.

Moving on, religion doesn't play that big of a deal in this world. As the Magic is part of a System, some people do not regard the Gods as all powerful. No, religion is merely an outlet, a form of entertainment and expression. Instead, it would be more likely to call the many leaders of the many nations as the head of each religion.

The competitiveness of each nation is in relation to their overall standing. Power, wealth, population, resources...anything and everything necessary for running a country. They will fight for it. That means there are possibly many Heroes, or people granted with a powerful ability or spell.

They are picked up by the royal family and raised as a powerful warrior, wizard, or knight. They promote the Hero to the populace and build up morale in order to continue waging war against other nations. So, yes. People are stupid.

There are many races, but none that are actively persecuted. In fact, since everyone is equally under the 'Gods', any race that can communicate effectively is regarded as normal. Demons, Elves, Dwarves and the like, they are all perfectly capable of mingling with each other and being respectable people.

Buuuuut, the many nations paint these other races as inferior not through magic or abilities, but from a very shallow perspective. A very xenophobic set up, but some are exempt from this treatment just because they are strong. This kind of persecution led to bitter rivalries amongst the different races.

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  10. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    It has dawned on me that perhaps people visiting this thread are looking for something to read...but...I will not post my actual chapters here. I will type the way I want to. If people want to use these settings and characters for their own stories, go ahead. I have my own interpretation in my mind and I will be brainstorming the chapters somewhere else. This is just someplace to put the thoughts I have while typing that I can't really express at that point in the story, but I want to use later or want to keep in mind when setting up the lore of the world.

So yeah. What I am doing here is just placing a scenario. The actual script is all in my head(and personal stash).

11. ChickenBakuba

ChickenBakuba Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    we're here to steal ideas from you

GDLiZy and Evil_Ginger like this.
  12. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobowoevil_horns::blobangel:

13. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    {Name in Progress} (Something preferably related to ants or a nest or something, as it will be a semi-dungeon semi-mmorpg game)

General Premise: MC is part of the alpha team of players, but he has not been briefed on the game, nor has any of the other players. Each person is tasked to take a small animal or monster and make them stronger. They are all placed in a relative location apart from other players and must also evade the human NPCs that are regarded as enemies on their quest for domination.

Tags: Fantasy, Magic, MMORPG, Evolution, Monsters, Game Elements, and anything else I may come up with.

The world is a basic world like ours, with all that entails. I don't plan on building the real world, as the game world is where everything is at. The game is not Virtual Reality, Ultra Reality, or anything like that. No, it is just a basic computer game. However, Starcraft-esque this game is. It will have the alpha players create nests of monsters and attempt to evolve them in ways that would be beneficial to their race.

The setting of the game world is medieval, using primitive cold era weapons like swords and shields. Magic is not that advanced, and is mainly used as a personal weapon, rather than a mysterious energy that can be exploited. The game upon release will let players investigate magic on their own and produce great works.

Guns are also not created, cannons are basic and unrefined, meant more for defensive battles, not siege.

The level of monsters are also weaker in the wilderness, but the nests will be filled with strong monsters. There are other nests besides the ones run by players.

The peak of human physical strength without magic aiding them can perform feats of strength such as uprooting an adult tree from firm soil with no lasting pain. They can swim for hours on end. Climb up a mountain without equipment and not fear falling. However, by adding magic, an entire forest can be cut down in one slash, an ocean can be split, a mountain can be destroyed.

So without magic, a person can only go so far. As for monsters...well, their levels of strength vary, but for the most part, there are massive monsters that can just stampede with one creature, desolating a forest, drinking a lake dry over the course of a week from thirst, or even hibernate for several decades, becoming a mountain itself.

This game is meant for cooperative play, with some really good players being able to play solo, but not able to complete raids alone, no matter who. Thus, the Class System is important and even the NPCs follow it to a fault. However...

The game is able to be played however you want. Thus, strange skills can be acquired for free or even paid for depending on the source. A survival skill can be taught at camps and such, or a sword style can be bought.

However, once a skill has been raised enough, in order to progress towards master, one must dedicate Skill Points, and each person has a finite amount of them. Putting it towards Cooking: Roasting, while it may lead to creating dishes that can buff you temporarily, will only be detrimental if your character is a fighter, not a chef.

Becoming experienced in a skill means that you know your way around the skill, reducing the time it takes to complete the task or increasing the output. Once a Skill Point is applied, however, special effects will be added. The Mining Skill is related to mining, so your mining speed and skill increases with higher levels. However, once a Skill Point is applied, using the Mining Skill could alert you to any nearby ores or artifacts in the soil or rock. Another point would probably allow you to do something like mine from a large monster's back as an attack or something.

Behemoths are the name for the large land monsters. Leviathan for ocean monsters. Goliaths are strange humanoid beings that sometimes descend onto the land from another plane. Monsters from high in the sky are called Celestials, regardless of how big or small they are.

Instead of a real story mode, the game will revolve around Raids, group attacks on these large beings. There are also Nest Raids, Monster Swarms, Dungeons, and many more places for players to prove their fighting ability.

Raising Nests can be a pretty difficult and exhausting experience. Like raising an actual farm of animals, the Nest Owner must constantly make sure the Nest is adequately provided for, in regards to food, resources, and security. There are a variety of ways to increase the power of the monsters, but a general idea to remember is that the more the monster remains its self, the cheaper the 'upgrades' are.

Following a Spore-like style of play, Nest Owners must compete with other species of monsters. Consuming the enemies will grant Evolution Points that can be used to alter the next generation. Like Skill Points, these Evo Points are finite for every race, and must be treated carefully.

Having a dog with scales will make it stronger, but it will cost more as it becomes reptilian from mammal. Is the change in basic stats worth the massive cost in points? Turning a low intelligence monster into an intelligent race is even more expensive.

However, the game is willing to provide any and all growth paths, so if a player wants something unavailable currently, as it is the Alpha mode, the developers are willing to add it into the game for a price.

Using the dogs as an example, most Evo Points can be put towards things like increasing the Sense Awareness option, letting the next generation become better trackers. Putting points into their Tough Hide would be like adding scales, so it is a cheaper yet not as beneficial option. However, it could allow the player to also select Bestial Howl, a mammal specific area of effect attack that can stun enemies.

So Evo Points can increase the basic stats of the monster, or give them abilities to aid them in their fighting. There are several tiers that the Owner will experience, and at each tier, a new branch of monsters can be made.

For example, the dogs will experience their first tier. Now they can add special dogs to their line-up. Some options would be Shadow Hound, Fire Dog, Wolf, Large Dog, etc...

Obviously, the more the monster differs from the original, the more points required to select that option. However, these are still available at each tier. So say the Owner selects Shadow Hound as their first tier. Once they reach the second tier, the other options are still available, but instead of Shadow Hound, the next form is available. Shadow Wolf, Large Shadow Hound, Abyssal Hound, etc...

Focusing more on one element will make the subsequent purchases cheaper, but there are cases where the Owner can create special offspring naturally, but it requires a lot of materials and luck. Since the Owner purchased the Dogs with the Shadow Element, they would lack a Dog with outstanding combat ability. However, they found a Fire Fruit and one of the females ate it, turning into a Fire Dog. Now her offspring have a chance of also becoming Fire Dogs, meaning the Owner can now get the Hell Hound upgrade at the next tier like the Abyssal Hound was available earlier.

But the training and raising of monsters encapsulates much more than just evolving and getting stronger. Each nest is a habitat, complete with its own system and society. One can intervene in special events regarding their nest, allowing the monsters to follow a certain path. The Dog Owner would save a strange shapeshifting monster instead of eating it, allowing it to breed with the Dogs and making Mutant Dogs, Dogs that could transform parts of their bodies for greater effect.

However, the intelligence and even race of the monsters will drastically change after this, as they are a Hybrid Monster, and will be regarded as a separate monster race, Shapeshifter-Dog, under your control, limiting your ability as you will probably spend points into both races.

There are also chances for your race to receive a test or a quest of their own, and if they complete it, they can get a random reward or even an increase in stats for free. This might drastically change a race. For example, the Dog's are to somehow hunt down a special beast nearby. Not only will they receive the points from killing it, but the reward will also grant them the [Forest's Blessing], granting them faster movement speed in forests. Thus, the Dogs will naturally grow accustomed to the forest, even going so far as to become Forest Dogs, Wild Dogs, and even Wolves. As they are generated naturally, rather than like the Hybrid situation, they will all be under the Dog Race and no extra points will be required to adjust the whole generation.

However, this would mean the Dogs are now going to generally favor forests, and the Fire Dogs will not be produced as much, as their fire will destroy the forest. These random situations may result in ruining a very hard earned evolution.

The only way to increase Evo Points after using every last one is to defeat other nests. Completely destroying a nest will allow the Owner to do one of three things.

1. Consume the nest. This will lead to the destruction of the nest, but the Owner will receive Evo Points equal to everything that the nest had managed to acquire over the duration of its life. Plus, your own monsters will benefit greatly and might become even stronger.
    2. Subdue the nest. Take the nest and all of its monsters under your control. If the nest still has room to grow, you can use their new Evo Points on your original nest. Plus, you will have extra forces to use.
    3. Leave it alone. By taking this option, the nest has a chance to recuperate and grow further, but it will probably never be able to return to its former glory. However, they can be a never ending supply of sustenance or experience for your monsters.

There are too many options and too little Evo Points to spend. This will result in a very frantic scramble for players to defeat others, bringing about Swarms, Raids, and other such events that can include many people, not just two Nest Owners.

There comes a point where a Nest can become a Dungeon. The magical energy surrounding the nest distorts the world, becoming a place suitable for the denizens of the nest. This means, the monsters will actually receive a buff while in this place.

Back to the Dogs. Imagine that the Owner has finally constructed a Dungeon. Even though they are in a forest and receiving the blessing, the Dungeon becomes this strange Hell-like area with tall obsidian petrified trees. The twilight sky covers the place in shadows and strange twisting silhouettes can be seen at the corner of your eye at all times.

So while Fire Dogs and Hell Hounds would be shunned before, now they would come back in abundance. The Forest Dogs (if there are any) would still like the Obsidian Forest, but they would probably not be as strong as before. Leaving them outside the Dungeon wouldn't be a bad idea. This can also show that even though the nest has become a Dungeon, the monsters can still be ordered to take over other locations and expand territory.

The Mera Canis Dungeon is just one of many possible eventual outcomes.
    Dungeons in this game and story belong to a special category. They do not have the generic floors, bosses, chests, and whatnot. Instead, they are more like separate realms, a space located within a space. They are called Dungeons because once inside, you cannot leave until certain criteria are met. They become prisons.

Most Dungeons can be cleared by defeating all the monsters inside. However, some individuals can be expected to just shatter the Dungeon from the inside out as they are that strong. Some cannot be defeated, and in such a case, the game developers decided to have Side Quests to help players leave if they cannot complete the Dungeon. If it was left to how it was originally, then people would just die. However, the team foresaw that players would be too upset and not attempt Dungeons just in case.

Dungeons do not provide much in the way of 'drops', like in other MMOs, but instead are more valuable for the strange materials that make up the Dungeon. The Obsidian Trees can become great wood for Shadow/Fire/Transmutation Staffs, for example.

In fact, no monster 'drops' anything. If a person is killed, everything is left behind. This game is a hardcore Rogue-like MMO with dastardly consequences for every action. People will need to have room in their inventory to hold the corpses, or have the Dismantle Skill in order to get the parts they want.

Otherwise, they will have to take the whole body, meaning it takes up more space in their inventory.

Dungeons produce a lot of power as well as buffing the monsters. The Nest Owner can harness this power and use it to cast spells on their own or perhaps craft special gear that holds the theme of that monster race.

For example, the Dog Dungeon Owner would probably have a special coat that helps the user blend into shadows.

Players can attempt to kill the Nest/Dungeon Owner in an attempt to get the power and resources. They would not get the Evo Points, but they would get a massive amount of EXP and Skill Points.
    Not all paths and decisions will be shown during the story. However, for the sake of it, I plan on detailing every part as best as I can.

• Senses = Increasing awareness of monsters, allowing them to detect things in a larger radius. (Monsters will act upon targets with respectable reactions. Ants will gather resources they discover, attack intruders, so on.)
    • Speed = Move faster.
    • Strength = Lift more, push harder. Affects Attack Modifier.
    • Toughness = Hits deal less damage, pain is weaker. Affects Defense Modifier.
    • Endurance = Last longer, more likely to not give up. Affects Willpower Modifier and Stamina.
    • Stamina = Energy needed to perform physical actions.
    • Mana = Energy needed to perform spells.
    • Attack = How much damage is done.
    • Magic = How effective the spell is.
    • Defense = How much damage is negated.
    • Intelligence = Smarter, able to follow orders better. Affects Willpower Modifier and Mana.
    • Willpower = Is used to measure how strong a spell is. Can also affect a monster's free will and desire.
    • Charisma = Affects how others view the monster. Higher the charisma, the better they appear.
    • Luck = Greater things happen. A high luck does not necessarily mean good. It just means that the resulting event will be greater. (Like finding a dollar bill. A higher luck would mean that bill would be $100. Or getting mugged. One thug, or, if high luck, 5 thugs.)
    • Cooperation = How well monsters will work together.
    • Communication = How well monsters can understand each other.
    • Carrying Capacity = Allows monsters to lift more and carry more food.
    • Longevity
    • Birth Rate
    • Acid Spit
    • Strong Mandibles
    • Poison Stinger
    • Silk Weaving
    • Building

TO BE CONTINUED DROPPED
    (Reason: Nest Owners would be too OP in a game based on cooperation. In a realistic setting, no developers would create such a game where one person can dominate an entire region without other players, thus I reached a block. However, I have a new idea for a story, combining the Evolution/Kingdom Building Genre. More below.)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  14. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Kingdom Builder System

General Premise: Crystals of unknown origins have descended from the sky. Our main protagonist finds himself embroiled in this chaos by accidentally getting his hands on one that gives him the Kingdom Builder System. There are several other similar crystals, and even some with crazier powers and abilities. Will he be able to survive with this bizarre System? Would he be overpowered and dominate the world?

No, not really. He just builds kingdoms...he doesn't run them...

Tags: Game-like Elements, Evolution, Kingdom Building, Monsters, Superpowers, Modern, Weak MC, Fat/Lazy MC, more to come...

Modern world with pretty much the exact same stuff as ours, of course minus the magic stuff.

The MC is located towards the south, so a lot of tropical monsters and animals are present, such as a lot of plant monsters. However, there are several towns and cities close by, so there is a lot of traffic and people. But...this is 'merica, where many citizens carry a shotgun under their dash in their car, or hang one over the fireplace. The people are well defended and quick to act, so most of the time, the monsters are easily dispatched by regular citizens.

Yep, might implement some political yahoo to help cause issues among the people. Then MC swoops in to help rebuild the nation.

However, because of the superpowers, people are also doing terrible things. MC tends to stick to himself, so the story will be rather slow at first, especially since he doesn't need to do much for his first kingdom for a while.
    The special crystals that fell from the sky are all essentially a powerful item that splintered. It binds with those that come into contact with it, but sometimes, it doesn't, as if it is rejecting the item or person it touches. Usually, they don't bind with the ground, but there are some places where the land gains a special power. Essentially, the crystals have a certain range of targets to bind with, and if they aren't in that range, then no binding.

For example, a transformation crystal that morphs the Host into a wolf man will not bind with the ground, but a Dungeon Master System would. Usually, almost anything can get a System, but some are specifically meant for humans. Such as the MC's System.

But...it fused with a phone...why? I don't know. It just did. So we can assume that no one else will have a System like the MC's, nor will their System act like his.

As for other people and superpowers, that can include anything from Fire Mastery, Gun Mastery, Demon Eyes, so on and so forth. These powers can be called Minor Systems, without an integrated A.I. to guide the Host, but they can also just be referred to as special powers. These powers only grant their Hosts that one power, and it is up to the Host to understand and increase the power over time. Thus, some people will be more in tune with their power than others, some will be luckier, and some will be unfortunate.

Imagine, a quadriplegic person getting the Super Body power...sure, they would be strong, but...their body is still handicapped...

As for the beginning of the story, people are running amok with their powers, and the government is trying to reign them in. Things will get chaotic and the MC will have to use his System to save the people.
    The Kingdom Builder System is essentially one of those mobile games where you purchase buildings and create armies...but not as fun?

MC must go around in the real world, finding powerful items and subduing monsters in order to get materials to build stronger buildings. This means he is just running errands. Eventually, the ability to summon subjects of the kingdoms he is helping is available, meaning he has ways to protect himself, but he is not fit, nor all that brave. Thus, most of the time, he is slow to increase his power.

If the kingdom is Adopted by the System, it will reside in the MC's phone, acting something like a mobile game. If not, there are still ways for the MC to see the kingdom and determine what needs to be built or done.

There are several points to keep in mind as a Kingdom Builder. MC must keep these numbers high.
    • Satisfaction. High Satisfaction means the ruler of the kingdom is more willing to help him get resources. There are also more functions available. Decorations and completing important events will raise Satisfaction. Entertainment complexes such as theaters and amusement parks work well with this.
    • Hygiene/Health. The kingdom needs subjects, and thus, dying citizens is a no go. Stations can be placed here and there to provide better Hygiene/Health to the people, such as trash cans, sewers, or even public bathrooms. Higher level buildings will be things like clinics and hospitals.
    • Satiety, or being fed or watered. Same as above, making sure the citizens stay alive is a good thing. Things like water fountains or food centers, maybe even restaurants are good for this.
    And these numbers low.
    • Crime. Indicates how many lawbreakers there are, or troublesome individuals/groups. Things like security cameras and police/constabulary buildings will keep this low.
    • Worry/Unrest. This number indicates the level of the citizens' peaceful outlook. If this number is high, then it means that people are worrying and are likely to revolt or begin strikes. Stations can be used to provide suitable help, such as Media Coverage or Libraries. Knowing is half the battle. For the other half, perhaps Entertainment Stations can be of use to distract most of the citizens.
    • Monotony. This number shows how much people are bored or tired of the things around them. This number being high will lead to unhealthy activities such as drug abuse(lowers Health/Hygiene) and Crime. It can also lead to people becoming Dissatisfied, dropping the Satisfaction number. Surprisingly very dangerous. It is suggested that the MC bring new things into the mix in order to spice the citizens' lives up. Maybe a random petting zoo next to the children's park or an adult balloon house for those random desk workers tired after a long day. :D
    Now this power comes with several basic functions. It has a Storage where it can keep all of its resources and materials necessary for building or keeping the kingdoms happy. If it Adopts a kingdom, they are placed inside the Storage, sort of, and can be summoned after a while to assist in certain functions and jobs. Not very many kingdoms will accept being Adopted, as they will lose their independence, in a way.

Yep, only the 'brainless' insects and animals will accept this Adoption, but that is okay. That is all the MC needs, as they can evolve using some of the higher level Stations. Imagine Giant Ants just appearing out of nowhere...awesome. Like a game of Earth Defense Force. However, the group needs to have a King/Queen. After some leveling up, MC can upgrade the System to include all kinds of leaders, such as Presidents, Regents, Emperors, and so on, so he could in essence get packs of mammals with Alphas. Who knows? I don't. I plan on writing the story as I go, this is just to summarize my thoughts.
    Crazy things will happen for a while, and though the MC is lazy and doesn't want to actually do anything, he gets forced to by the situations happening around him. He slowly gets healthier, only to realize that there was something wrong with his body the whole time.

Using the System, MC heals himself, but it is a slow process. Of course, this isn't really the main point of the story. I want MC to travel around locating different monsters in order to raise his Ants to great strengths. Thus, he accidentally sets in motion many great events.

In my head, the BGM is like Cuphead, with the Roaring '20s jazzy swing style. Constantly running from danger, MC ends up dragging everyone else into his problems, but without him, things could have gotten much worse later on for the regular people.

Since it is inspired by Cuphead's music, I also have several monster scenes like Slimes, Flowers, a fight aboard a plane or dirigible, and other such crazy shenanigans. I wouldn't mind a casino run by demons or something.

Also, it is based on mobile games where the player has to gather materials from enemies to craft stuff and make stronger Units. Eventually, I want the MC to be able to make equipment from the ants and become a warrior, but he is weak. That might not happen for a while.

As I don't really know if he gets involved with other people too much, I don't know if I want him to get into a relationship with the Insect Queens or a normal person. I don't know just yet. Why bestiality? No, not bestiality. By the time the Queens get to that point, they will be monster girls! Evolution, yay~!
    Evolution

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  15. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Being a Goblin myself, I tend to like creating concepts with Goblin MCs, but...some with different takes. Some feature evolution, evolving the MC into a powerful demon or something...but then there are my reverse cliche settings where Goblin and Heroes must combat!

I actually have several novels lined up, and to me, each one is relatively...adult? I mean, Goblins are very...virile.

This is my Goblin/Pervert post on this thread, because making a new post for each one might start to get repetitive.

I mean...it'll still be repetitive...but, at least they will all be together...

Possibly Adult? It might just be some goofy suggestive jokes here and there.

Summoned to another world after dying, MC and several other people in a similar situation must band together as one of the weakest monsters ever and defend against the Hero and his team. Survival, ingenuity, hunting, fighting, it features a cliched hero from a JRPG game but goes into a realistic way of explaining it. Plus, the hero is not so bland and silent. But he is a good guy. Unlike my other Goblin against Hero story, I think I like the interactions between the MC and the Hero. Features Evolution, which is also unique out of the three. It also doesn't seem to include a lot of sex. Go figure.

Story features a very cooperative story that doesn't really emphasize just one main person over another. Every person is important in a way, it is just that one person seems to be more interesting than others. However, the story will often follow other characters to get not a bigger feel of the MC, but rather a more diverse understanding of those other characters.

Each person takes a different approach, they have diverse emotions and desires. There aren't a lot of completely bad people, but if there were, what would you do if one was an ally? The concept of Hero and Bad Guy get thrown out the window, not reversed like in the other story. Hero and MC are rivals, feelings change, those that were once enemies are now friends, so on and so forth.

Learning and adapting is a dominant position in this novel, as the MC and the others must do just that, and sometimes, they take different stances and must understand that.
    Gets very adult after a while. Kind of odd and might be uncomfortable for some because it features things like incest, age difference, bestiality blah blah blah...heh...

A young Goblin gets to redo his entire life after experiencing it once already. So, he attempts to go through it with the knowledge and personality he obtained through his past life, ending up rivaling the Hero and 'stealing' away the love interests. Has a mom complex and gets...raped(?) by his subordinate wolf girl. However, the sex comes after a while, which surprised me as I thought it was going to be a rather normal story. Oh well, I like the intense emotions going around. Seems more like the characters are all alive.

This story is one of growth and adulthood. Knowing what it means to keep your resolve and keep on pushing through. That sometimes, you just have a lot of responsibilities that just seem to get in the way, but you have to keep them. Along the way, the positions of Hero and Villain get reversed and this story also shows the concept of how easy it is to get caught up in yourself when other people are just as important. That there are some things that cannot be changed no matter how hard you try. Actually kind of depressing in many ways, but also hopeful. A weird and very uncomfortable story that makes you think. I hope.
    Starts off adult. 'Tis a smut novel. Adult stuff everywhere. Eww...

MC is summoned (Lol, so original [wait, I made this concept before IaaUB though?]) by a young and naive summoner (yep, suuuuper original [isn't it the other one that is copying this one?]). She relies on him to push back her enemies (pshh [again...this is the adult version...and the original]) but he also was supposed to get a cheat ability, as was the usual for a person summoned to a fantasy world. However, he had already indulged himself in some...unsavory activities and the Goddess is disgusted in him, resulting in him getting an awkward power of just multiplying if he has the mana to use this power.

Gang banging intensifies.

This was just something I came up with a long time ago that I never really got off the ground. It is a veritable mess. Not in the bad way, just the gross way. Constant sex while trying to make some sort of plot that has sense to it. MC abuses his ability to the fullest to have intercourse with as many women as possible, not caring in the least if they are not human, or even alive. Eventually becomes a powerful force that invades the human world and starts to have those rapey scenes like the ones you see in CGs.

Lots of goblins and women. And the MC is the only one, hehehe! Well, it realistically wouldn't, but that is where the multiplication power comes in handy. lol, cums in hand. Yeah, every time a female is introduced, expect them to just become slutty and beg for it from the MC.

I wanted it to suddenly get serious, like the Hero gets summoned or whatever, but he was already summoned. I would rather get the funny scene where the humans attempt to summon the hero and get the MC instead and he just rapes the princess and queen. A lot of sex with no real purpose
    MC is essentially reborn into a strange world that is like a gigantic Ark (hint hint) and at least one of each gender of every race is brought here, and that includes other worlds. Thus, there can be multiple types of humans and multiple types of animals or monsters. It is populated also by animals and such, but it seems they lack the intelligence to procreate like the intelligent species that compete to collect more baby makers.

However...the dominant ones are...the women! Given that they were given better abilities to allow them the ability to give birth to the other creatures, they were clearly stronger than most males because of it. MC plans to live a normal life in this world, but the culture and constant domination is getting in the way! Will he become dominated and reduced to nothing but a production piece? Or will he take his life into his hands, claiming all the beautiful women!?
    MC is an old grandpa playing games while in retirement. In the seemingly realistic game developed in the future, this old man plans to just live out life in a fantasy world as he pleases. Filled with goofy antics.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  16. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Parodies and loosely based spin-offs can be either too good or outright terrible. However, I still like what I like, and if I have a rather bizarre but amazing idea based on a story, then I want to involve myself or give my take on things. For example, I wanted to make a Team Rocket Pokemon story (which did bad) and now I am able to share my ideas here to be targeted and laughed at. (No, really, go ahead and tell me what you think.)

After the major fight between God and the Hero, things seem to go back to normal. However, during the period where people began to disappear, one man finds himself in the Velvet Room. He is offered a chance at existence as long as he tries to save Crow, the rival of the Hero. He must try to save people his own way, through dreams, rather than through the heart. Following pretty much the same cast and crew, the MC gets a Persona and a funny little creature to assist him, just like any other Persona game. However, it is the Dream Eater, a weird looking monster. And with his help, he will save the people that couldn't be saved and change his future!
    I don't actually know how the story ends, and mine will probably change depending on how things go. However, I don't really plan to have it in the same style or concept. I want the Great God Tae Ho to consider making some sort of game-like System to assist the people as Earth gets invaded by monsters and the beings wishing to destroy the world. The MC would have to work through this tumultuous period with his family while trying to understand exactly what he wants to do. Not much of a sequel or anything like that, as I just want to use the situation as a backdrop, as a setting for this gritty and personal story.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  17. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Tragedies. Tales of woe and hardship. Constant degradation of the MC's personality or a testimony of their ability to remain hardy in the face of adversity. Maturation and coming to terms with reality tend to be something I struggle with as well, so these would probably be personal in a sense as well. I don't really like tragedy, and in my novel I wrote on RRL, the Tragic Tale of a Zombie Survivalist, the tragedy didn't really set in. Well, it would have in the Second Chapter, so to speak, but I couldn't write it out. I loved the characters too much. These stories are what I interpret tragedy as.

Something that would make a great Fire Emblem story, this tale takes place in a cliched world of demons and heroes. However, the story is seen from the demon's perspective and involves some very dramatic and heart-wrenching loss. After all, the Heroes in stories are often overpowered and deadly. The MC is actually a collective, a group of fugitives headed by the Demon Princess, on the run as her father is assassinated. The world is after her, the people of her country are dying, and those that protected her are gone or missing. Does she have the strength to stand up and change her plight? Will those who care stand up and assist? Will the Heroes realize their transgressions in time? Or will they murder even more innocents?

The pace I want is actually rather slow, which is hard for me to do. I tend to skip a lot of details in an effort to quickly get to the action. However, tragedies focus on emotions, on interactions between characters. I need to slow down and describe every aspect of the characters as to get their personalities across as good as possible. After all, while some are conniving, most people have 'decent' reasons for committing what others believe to be crimes.The first part of the story will focus on the Demon Princess trying to find a safe place to settle down and plot how to get back her kingdom and people. However, she is on the run from the Heroes and the soldiers they lead. She also lost track of her personal butler, a mysterious human who seems to be shunned by both humans and demons.

The butler in question, a person only known as Silo, is captured by the Heroes as he is an enslaved human. The demons don't trust a human so close to their king and princess, while the humans don't know why Silo seems so adamant about protecting the princess. They believe him to be under a strict enslavement, and thus locked him down. Chained down by magic sealing shackles, his inability to cast magic causes him to be locked away, even though his princess is constantly facing trouble.

Meanwhile, the princess successfully flees the scene of her father's assassination. After being caught unawares while her birthday celebration was taking place, she only manages to bring with her several close servants, a couple soldiers, a knight, a mage, and a general. Over time, people sacrifice themselves to protect her, and more and more people die because of her.

Meanwhile, it turns out that just like the humans, the demons also face coups and rebellions. A general had been unsatisfied with the way the current king was acting, holding parties instead of winning the war against the humans, so he teamed up with some humans to have him assassinated. However...the people seem unwilling to follow him. Several other generals are still alive and trying to fight off the heroes and humans, but strange signals muddle the minds of the strong demons and a covert investigation begins. Though everyone thinks the princess was also killed, if she were to return, the ones loyal to the royal family would instantly rally around her and they would overthrow the rebel leader in charge.

So...while the humans want to capture the princess and use her as leverage against the new king, he instead wants her truly dead. Are there perhaps traitors among the princess' party? Will Silo break out and save the princess? Everything comes to a head around the end of the first chapter. After that, the princess settles down in a neighboring kingdom, hidden by a trusted associate. Will she be able to bring back her forces and retake the throne? Will she be able to save her people?

During the second arc, Silo is forced to interact with the heroes, and they discover that he is suffering due to the magic sealing shackles. However, no one wants to remove them for fear he would break out and kill people. But, in the process, by forcibly sealing the magic inside his body, which was abnormal for humans who relied on external magic, he would become a demon as well, breaking the slave brand and freeing himself from his chains. He runs to the princess and consolidates his power after a period of rest.

In the meantime, the investigation in the demon kingdom is coming to a head and some generals are already aware that the princess is alive and well after seeing Silo. After all, if he was alive, then that meant the princess was alive, too. Two groups are formed inside the castle and tensions rise.

For the humans, having to deal with the aftermath of Silo, the heroes realize that demons used to be humans, judging from the transformation. They begin to question whether they are actually bad people and are forced by the human leaders to go around and stop actual crimes. They end up killing people. Humans. Some become desensitized, and others are on the verge of breaking down mentally. Will they break free of the confines that they willingly put on?

For the princess, it seems that there is trouble for her associate since they are housing the princess. So, she takes it upon herself to bring together a group to deal with the attackers. getting some confidence in herself thanks to Silo, she begins to find hope and clarity.

The end of the second arc ends with the confrontation in the demon kingdom boiling over. The humans hear of it and move out. The princess, afraid for her people, gathers her subordinates and also joins the fray.

The third arc is relatively shorter, but only because I plan to make it entirely on the small war that takes place around the capital of the demon kingdom. Three sides, the humans, the rebel demons, and the princess' side. A complete mess, more people die, and Silo begins to show off how much he has changed thanks to becoming a demon.

In the aftermath of the battle, the three sides come together to convene. The rebels and those that think like them are exiled from the capital city. However, as the citizens and the princess lack the necessary power to protect the entire kingdom, she orders everyone to be moved to the capital and reduces her borders. The rebels roam the lands outside of the capital, upset and enraged at being cast out. They prepare to strike the human settlements, acting like barbarians or tribal warriors. The humans are now arguing of how to split the land, which nobles get which resources, and who gets recognition for their efforts.

The heroes see the gruesome bickering of the humans and the whole group begins to split, heading their own ways. Some leave the human countries, others sign themselves to a kingdom as a sort of knight. Some continue taking on the mantle of hero and traveling the land stopping crime and spreading peace. For a while, things seem to be at peace.

The fourth arc focuses on management of the capital, and the growth of the demons that remain under the princess. For now, the humans are wary of the demons in the capital, but the wandering demons constantly cause problems if left alone. As the princess is young, there is another split among the people following her.

Some follow her loyally and completely, like Silo or the ones that were with her when she was on the run. Including the general. There are some that think she isn't ready to lead the country and propose a council of suitable demons discuss how to lead the country, while others think that it should be the princess, but only as a symbol. Thus, this arc is about her cleaning up the mess, and dealing with even more subterfuge. She also begins trading with her associate, trying to keep the economy afloat.

During this time, Silo begins to use his power to assist the princess...but it seems to be incredibly strong, now. Some of the other demons are actually afraid of his strength and do not want him near the princess. The end of the arc is highlighted by a member of the council's party has Silo kidnapped.

The fifth arc becomes more entangled with the surrounding areas. Of course, the lands of the once great demon kingdom are now split up among the humans, but there are some places that are just unusable. Thus, the princess, now with more authority, sets out to reclaim these lands from the rebels and wanderers.

The princess uses these skirmishes as practice for her fledgling army and also uses this chance to begin construction of farms and new villages. But, with her army spread thin, the rebels will try to intercept their shipments or attack their camps.

At this time, a stranger assists them, traveling from place to place in order to help.

This arc also focuses on the strife within the human kingdoms. The war is over, right? So how come the leaders are still keeping the soldiers? It seems that some kingdoms have become proud after signing over some heroes. They are greedy for the land of others and are unsatisfied with the winnings they already gained. Now the humans are preparing to clash. Now the remaining heroes, if they haven't already decided to become tools or swords for hire, are contemplating leaving.

And so the arc ends with a final battle with the remnants of the rebel forces. Silo's power shows an abnormal strength, and it can drastically change the tide of future battles. Still, many people doubt his loyalty to the princess especially since his brand was removed after becoming a demon.

The sixth arc shows the humans turning their little skirmishes into full blown war. Taking this chance, the princess now attempts to 'liberate' the weak human villages and station some suitable soldiers to keep the peace. There are talks of a coronation, but the princess is unwilling, probably because if she does, it only further sets in stone the fact that her father is gone. She begins to rely on Silo much more, to the point that other demons begin to freak out a little.

The stranger gets close to Silo and begins to ask strange questions. Come to find out, the stranger is the hero that disappeared. They felt that the side of justice favored the demons in this occasion, but they seemed to have discovered that Silo was also a person brought to this world due to the hero summoning, just like the human heroes! No wonder his power was so strong! But...one of the people against Silo's intimacy with the princess hears it and plans to use this and spread dissatisfaction against Silo, thereby splitting him and the princess.

Finding out that Silo is practically one and the same as the ones who killed her father, there is a rift that appears between the two, and Silo ends up being sent off like the hero, taking care of nearby settlements and attacks.

But now the opposing humans take notice of the demons' actions. Once again, hatred targets the demons, even though they are protecting the people. Now faced with more problems, the princess is hiding away, once again facing the trauma of losing her father.

The seventh arc follows Silo as he uses his power to stop the humans from attacking. He saves the weak demons and humans alike, and people begin giving him names out of praise and awe. The noble demons are sick of Silo and the hero, and plan an ambush while the princess is unaware. However, she catches wind of it and nearly goes into shock. She is bedridden and won't wake up.

Silo and the hero survive the ambush, only to hear of the princess' condition. Silo becomes enraged and storms the castle. We finally see some back story as to why Silo is how he is, and most of the followers accept Silo and believe him. The ones who plotted are punished, but they are not indignant over the ordeal. They did what they believed to be for the good of the kingdom.

But since Silo backed off the front lines, the humans now choose this moment to attack, destroying a settlement of innocent human villagers and the demons who diligently guarded it. Coming to the carnage and witnessing the terrible greed, lust, and wrath of the humans, the arc ends on a brutal note, indicating the harsh path ahead.

the eighth arc will feature the demons now invading the humans, showing their magical prowess and ingenious creations. However, the heroes also helped advance the technologies of their kingdoms. Magical contraptions such as vehicles and aircraft are moving around, one nation begins to develop guns and explosives. Another creates pathogens and diseases, or outright mutating monsters to control and unleash.

Some of the smaller kingdoms have removed themselves from the combat, but the greedy personalities of the blood thirsty humans are getting much more uncontrollable. The remaining heroes and the neutral kingdoms turn towards the demons as a savior, as their power is definitely high.

Discontent and suspicions run wild among the demons, but the princess helps remove the fear and pursues a peaceful result. The heroes combine their knowledge with Silo and they help build tools and contraptions that would assist the people and make their lives easier. However...they aren't weapons, but tools and methods to increase food production or craft better buildings and equipment. They travel from place to place, healing the people with advanced medicine and science, turning more people to their cause.

The humans plot against the princess, but Silo and the allied heroes thwart their plans. Things are going well. Eventually, the war torn countries are surrounded by the angry people who were involved in their bloody battles. The voices of the people cry out and call for vengeance.

Thus ends the eighth arc.

The ninth arc is another large battle, featuring the heroes and their creations as they fight off the magical demons and the allied heroes. Crazy personalities strike, aiming for the princess, but Silo's power evolves, absolutely striking fear into the heart of the enemies, but hope into the heart of their allies. The arc ends when the enemies are either killed, captured, or forced to surrender. Silo and the princess have a moment in remembrance of the departed king and the princess confesses her love.

The epilogue takes place several months after the war is over, and the Continental Alliance convenes to celebrate the princess' coronation and the remaining heroes are also meeting to discuss the return to their old world.

However, the soon-to-be Queen's number one butler decides to stay behind, as well as some of the other heroes that didn't like their old lives. The story ends with the princess and Silo talking in the garden about their relationship. A bittersweet ending, but one I feel fits with the story.

Ending thoughts: A rough start, and one that is probably filled with the loss of characters that readers will like. I don't plan on sugarcoating things, as even generals can die. heroes are killed off, as there are many of them. The main characters suffer terrible heartache and betrayal. In a tense time, people that find it tough to convey themselves will appear suspicious and watched by their peers. Most of the people are only in it for themselves, and those that aren't will face many troubles as they constantly stick their necks out seemingly for no reason.

Whether this is a story of triumph or loss, I feel like the main goal I want to portray with this story as a reminder that whatever path you pick, if you aren't completely with it, you will only face regret. We are a race that tends to go the way we are looking, so don't falter, don't look away, just keep going for your goal.
    The world has gone to shit. It has become hell. Monsters and zombies roam the lands, turned to ash and ruin. People are getting strong thanks to the strange new materials popping up thanks to the disaster, but there are only so much available. This story takes place in the 'protagonist's' camp, where people are living comparatively easier lives, but that probably won't last for long. Not happy with being a manager of a dying group, our MC runs away, even though the camp's leader is so strong. He desperately wishes to change the hearts of the people, bring them back from the darkness of this End. Even though he is not strong, he doesn't have the best resources, and he doesn't have the best luck, he tries his best to set up his own little paradise for the people. However...will the leader let him be?

A generic genre of apocalypse/superpowers/monsters/game-like elements. However, the protagonist is a normal protagonist. He is technically on the side of justice, but because of his young age, his rebellious nature, and paranoia towards others, he is a terrible leader. He just is.

He is more suited towards being a wanderer and just living freely, but he is tied down by the fantasy that is society. The world has crumbled. Relying on the old ways such as soldiers and heroes is a quick way for people to die.

Everyone needs to be strong, not just those willing to fight. The moment some farmers die, the chain reaction would affect those at the top. The world is currently too broken to attempt these seemingly rational ways to raise strength.

the hero believes in the strong protect the weak and that the strong are correct. he protects them, thus the people should listen to him. however, he lacks someone to trust to run the city.

No...not only that, since things are getting tougher and tougher, monsters and enemies becoming stronger and deadlier, the hero is cosuming most of the resources, giving the rest only to those he trusts.

but...lets take a look at levels.
    Hero -> 50
    Elite -> 30-35
    Soldiers/Scouts -> 20-30
    Managers/Subleaders -> 15-20
    Scavengers -> 10-15
    Citizens -> 10>

the difference is appalling. MC is a supervisor in charge of rations and scouting.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  18. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Comedy is actually a rather difficult genre for me. Most of the time, the things I find funny are unexpected and relatable stuff. Most of the time, this can happen in situations that seem to follow cliched tropes but then end up in a different way. However...I don't tend to make cliched scenes all that much, as I find them annoying in general. The one I found funny quite a bit would be the CCCC (the perverted old gamer gramps) story, as it takes place in a wuxia/xianxia like game world. MC is also unaware of how nice and charismatic he is, so a lot of the time, there are misunderstandings that can contribute to the funny moments.

But true comedy...Can it really be summed up like that? I want to try and make a funny story, but I don't know where to start.

Well, perhaps taking the points listed above and starting from there would be good.

Monsters roam the land! It is unknown what they can do or what they can even be, so go out there and discover! It might be tough, but the monsters by your side will no doubt be your best friend and ally. Treasure them dearly, and raise them well. Hey, maybe you can take the Monster Holder Challenge! Pit your little warrior against others and bet money, special items, and even land or authority! It is unknown just how far these monsters will take us!

Two best buds down on their luck resort to criminal activity in order to make a living in this competitive world. Time and again they will attempt to nab rare monsters or acquire powerful materials. However, a small group of kids seems to keep getting in their way! These two troublemakers aren't that bad, but considering who they are currently working for, if they don't make their quota, the Boss will have something to say about it!
    The main story starts off following the duo, but it will also show the protagonist's pov as well. Essentially, two roommates, who also happen to be childhood friends, are dealing with the current economy and down on their luck. In between jobs and rent is due any day now, one of them decides to take matters into his own hands by accepting an invitation to a criminal gang. The pay is obviously good at first, but then they have to start doing more and more criminal activities.

The best friend is a chill guy who cracks jokes and makes light of the situation, but he is also a reliable friend who is willing to stick beside his friend. (No homo) The two find a rare monster and attempt to capture it, but they fail. There is a bit of a conundrum where the 'brains' wants to keep the monster a secret so when they do capture it, they can get the reward from the Boss. However, the 'joker' wants to just report in and let someone else do the difficult work. They wouldn't get as many rewards, but at least they followed the chain of command and responded like regular grunts would.

At this point, the joker goes along with the brain's plans and the two travel behind the kid. They try their darnedest to capture the monster or the other monsters they come across, but the kid keeps spoiling their chances. At this point, another member of the gang spots the monster and thinks the same as the brain, choosing to keep it a secret. however, he plans on being more forceful than the duo has been.

The ensuing chaos makes the other member go to the Boss and rat them out, causing trouble to brew. As punishment, the duo must capture the monster or be killed. Hijinks ensue until the duo end up breaking away from the gang completely, thanks to the protagonist.
    This story will actually be focused more on the joker of the story, as he is much more than he lets on. He has a rare monster himself, as well as a few Fusion Crystals, which allow him to combine with his monsters to become a Caped Hero of Justice. He travels ahead of everyone and completes a challenge, helps out the protagonist every now and then, and also

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  19. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Slice of Life novels are boring and slow. However, they tend to offer unique examples of relationships, and that is something I enjoy a lot. However...most are filled with OP MCs or aggravating dramatic events that can be solved with a simple explanation. I want novels with more natural situations, even if a little forced here and there.