Japanese My Childhood Friend is a High School Girl and a Hero of Another World but It Looks Like There's More

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Silvertin, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Silvertin

Silvertin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: My Childhood Friend is a High School Girl and a Hero of Another World but It Looks Like There's More To Her Than That
    Ore no Osananajimi wa Joshikousei de Yuusha
    Raw Link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3275cf
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/ore-no-osananajimi-wa-joshikousei-de-yuusha/

Why It Should Get Picked Up: It has been roughly a year since the last translated release. I don't think I can do a good enough explanation, and do justice of how great I remember the story being. But it is a great story with a completely OP hero girl who is absolutely insanely yandere for the MC, I am talking yandere trance murder things and make everyone realize his greatness kind of crazy. But here is the thing, the MC doesn't know she is a yandere, he just thinks she turned a little odd after suffering some mental and brain damage (more on that in spoilers below). She wants to keep her image to him pure as a snowflake. As far as he knows, he needs to look after her and join her adventure to protect her. Its actually kinda fluffy ... in a psychotic means well, kind of way.
    ... I recommend reading the reviews for more impressions, as its been a long while since I read the series due to the lack of releases and it falling off the radar. On a small related note, I just realized I made a more thorough review back then, explaining all sorts of things. So I guess that should help get what I knew across.

Spoilers the translator may need to know if they are interested in the story as they play some big parts, yandere murder aside it gets dark in several other ways too.
    At one point, Arina experiments with mind controlling parasites, she has future plans to use them to enhance the MC guy's greatness ... besides those parasites she has also altered a princess to love the MC using her part of own personality as a template ... I think that counts as brainwashing? Said princess also wants to stay that way now, even if she knows its "fake love."

Arina is also from the future (I don't know which world) Since she is basically from the future from one of the worlds, and is for some reason in the past and the hero ... I can't do that explanation justice sorry. Basically her and her mother went to the past to change the future for some reason (I don't think they explained yet), she is the hero, and she is working to change the past for the male lead's greatness.

It is also believed she became a yandere after she was seriously hurt in psychological and physical ways by being locked in a hot chemical storage shed of sorts (because of bullying; don't worry we don't see any more of that), left there for day(s) and could have died. Thankfully she was saved by the male lead, and the fact she had a super strong hero constitution even as a child. That is basically when she changed to who she is now ... I also forgot why, but for some reason there is another girl from the future there, and tries to stop the MC (the guy, the other girl from the future thinks the guy is the culprit, but its actually Arina, the first girl from the future)

All this being said I hope some one takes an interest in the story and starts translating it again.

Description:
    High school sophomore Shimoyama Yuuki’s childhood friend, Arina, goes on a journey to defeat the Demon King as a Hero on her 17th birthday.

Worried about his all-too-unsociable childhood friend, Yuuki went along with her on her journey, however…

Fantastic obstacles await them on their destination, or they should be, but Arina behaves strangely sometimes…

leprosus, Slikrapids and elengee like this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a faptastic novel~

3. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoyed this novel. I hope someone picks it up.

4. Silvertin

Silvertin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know of another name for this series? I feel like it would get more attention with an English title, but the title in English is way too long ... like too long to even be used I think.

5. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Ore no Osananajimi wa Joshikousei de Yuusha
    Raw Link:
    http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3275cf/
    NU Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/ore-no-osananajimi-wa-joshikousei-de-yuusha/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: no updates for more than 1 year
    Description:
    High school sophomore Shimoyama Yuuki’s childhood friend, Arina, goes on a journey to defeat the Demon King as a Hero on her 17th birthday.

Worried about his all-too-unsociable childhood friend, Yuuki went along with her on her journey, however…

Fantastic obstacles await them on their destination, or they should be, but Arina behaves strangely sometimes…

P.S. When your clumsy childhood friend is actually a yandere waifu

Phoenix Azrael, TamaSaga and Havisu like this.
  6. ShimizuA

ShimizuA the best teacher is Life.

Reading List:
    Link
    ah. the yandere harem

7. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I second to this

8. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    better read than most would expect desu~

9. bchen3

bchen3 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The yandere in this novel is terrifying.

10. youseiki

youseiki 『Loves Glasses』

Reading List:
    Link
    this was dropped??? I thought it wasn't

damn it's been a year since I've tried to read it, fuck didn't notice it

11. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    OP childhood friend is a yandere.
    Been dropped for ages already.

12. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    We need more Yandere novels!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Heck, even Random TLs, the one that did "These Dangerous Girls Placed Me Into Jeopardy", also M.I.A since October of 2017.....

13. killking

killking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Ore no Osananajimi wa Joshikousei de Yuusha
    Raw Link: http://ncode.syosetu.com/n3275cf/
    NU Link (if avaliable): https://www.novelupdates.com/series/ore-no-osananajimi-wa-joshikousei-de-yuusha/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:
    This is one of my 5 fav novels and it didnt got Translated for around a year. It has probably the craziest characters you have seen for a long time (in a unique way) and the whole story was sooo much fun. I just checked the raws. There are exactly 20 episodes, till its catched up and with the original and I think there are new chapters comming now, after the author made a long break.

Well... To The actuall content that catched me. It has the tag yandere, but is a little missleading. Dont get me wrong, tho. Arina, the FL, is madly in love and absolutelly mental, but she is different from the usual kind. She activly tries to create some sort of Harem for the MC, while making all the other girls as crazy as her and the MC doesnt know a thing. ITS HILLARIOUS and the only novel of this kind that i know. All this is combined with a fantasy world, magic, awesome battles and a hint of conspiracys.

I dont know if the story ends soon, bec i havent read the raws, because i didnt want to spoil myself. I once did that and couldnt enjoy the newly TL'd story fully, bec i knew everything through a bad quallity google translate. But seeing new chapters coming out i got fired up and super exited. Pls... anyone, show mercy on me and give this hidden Gem, that unfortunatelly is forgotten by so many, a worthy translation.

Description:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  14. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    there multiple character with yandere attitude if I remember it corectly
    da enemy, da person he save and ect?
    been long time since last time I read it

killking likes this.
  15. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    Nobody should pick up this fucked up novel.

Arashi and Jarrow like this.
  16. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh...

Where my inspiration to write yanderes...

+1

killking likes this.
  17. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
  18. killking

killking Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WAT? Why?! I mean even if you dont like it, you dont have to read it. But there might be some people who like this descend into madness that is rare to find in comparission with the standard OP MC stuff.

Two things:
    1 - Sry i got into a discussion on this and learned that there are new chapters and got super fired up.
    2 - Thats from Feb 2016, AS IF ANYONE SEES THAT POST on the search for something to TL if he doesnt have the specific name for search

EDIT for 2: I i fked up... the OP created his acc feb 16... pls kill me
    I like my "why it should get picked up" more tho

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2018
    tahzib1451 likes this.
  19. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    4th page.. 10 seconds of effort.
    just upping that thread was enough

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~