Spoiler My Childhood Friends are Trying to Kill Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikaa, Feb 27, 2021.

?

Who do u think is going to be ML??

1. Callix Ascard (black)

126 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Oscar Hraesvelg (silver)

120 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Griffith Nicaea (brown)ie

39 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Romeo RoseBelle (blonde)

41 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. All of them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

255 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. Eraien

Eraien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for the spoilers.:)

I can't believe that they are both the original protagonists in the book that Leila read in her previous life. Their descriptions and personalities are already far apart compared to how they were described. In addition to the recent spoilers, their personalities and attitude are kind of like a villain type.
    I can't help but overthink and theorize something due to the past spoilers. Hope no one gets offended if this may seem ruthless.

Not really a spoiler but my theory based on many spoilers::hmm:

*It was mentioned in one spoilers that Yurianna and Route wished for something but it was not mentioned what the relic asked in return. As for Relia, since her curse is linked to her life the relic wants another life in return to break the curse. So to conclude, if Yurianna wished for a happy family as stated in ch 25, does that mean that she might have indirectly robbed Leila of her family not to mention after Leila finish her wish, she dreamed of the original plot where she died.:(:cry: Can't help but be suspicious that it might have something to do with th relic. Also the ruin of the Superion estate maybe also involve. So to speak, in order for her, Yurianna, to have happy family the relic destroyed the bond of Emperor Perseus to his in laws the Superion and replaced them with happy family for Yurianna?

* As for Route, he wished to be the strongest. Can't also help but overthink that the misfortune of Leila's childhood friends has something to do with his wish since he has the relic when he was a child. Maybe but hope not the exchange that the relic gave him was to obstruct the progress of other potential stronger opponents which may have resulted in Callix's misfortunes like losing his arms in the original and his sightand other accidents. Aside from his uncle's involvement.

* So to summarize it, their (Yurianna and Route) wishes may seem good and touching when read in the original novel but in reality, in Leila's story, it harmed many people if my theories are correct. In my opinion, just like Leila in ch. 25 she, Yurianna, already have a happy family why would she still need the relic? It may seem harsh but her wish in the original plot seems useless to me since it is like she does not have confidence, she felt maybe her mother is inferior and they are not loved by Perseus the same as he loved his first wife Elizabeth or maybe she is just insecure because of what happened with her real father. For me, it is just like she gave something like a love potion(relic) just to get a happy family. That is not genuine. She is already loved and spoiled by Leila's father and brothers, why still need the power of relic? Not satisfied of current treatment? Not to mention, if it is true, she contributed to the fall of Superion family. It does not seat right with me:blob_catflip: that Leila and her mother's family became stepping stones for Yurianna and her mother just to be close to Persues most of it is in ch 25. and as I reread the previous spoilers while waiting for the new I still can't help but tear up .:cry:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  2. morichigo

morichigo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was so well thought out and put together!! Yes, I completely agree that the relics of the temple are double-edged swords that take someone’s “possession” (meant in a figurative sense) and passes it on to someone else. I didn’t even think about how Yurianna’s wish could have possibly affected Leila’s life but then again, Leila was already in an unhappy family to begin with and everyone neglected/abused her but I do think that Yurianna’s wish 100% took away ALL chances Leila had to be with her real family again. As for the fall of the Superion Dukedom, I have wayy too many theories on that linked on the discussion thread so I actually don’t wanna think about it LMAO.

By the way, to answer your last question as to why Yurianna wished for a happy family; Empress Marianne (Yuri’s mom) and her were abused by her biological dad. She probably didn’t want anything to go wrong that could have lead her to get abused again so she wished that her family would be happy with her at all times all throughout her life. I really don’t blame her for wishing not to go through abuse again but it makes me so mad that she knew first-hand how upsetting it was so be neglected and traumatized as a child by adults abusing her yet she never once tried to help Leila. Never even thought about her again ever since the twins forced her to apologize a hundred times to Yurianna. It’s f*cked up on her part, and I can clearly see that all the happy family stuff and being loved by everyone around her got to her head cuz she’s acting like she isn’t adopted now :blobpopcorn_two: No hate on adopted children but Yurianna just gets on my nervesss. Since we’re reading from Leila’s point of view, I just keep thinking how she talks a lot of smack for someone that’s only considered Royal in name :blobconfused:

3. Captain Rizze

Captain Rizze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thankfully, there's still Callix and Romeo. Their bickerings and naggings make Leila feel at ease. I just noticed that whenever this trio (Callix, Romeo, and Leila) are together, it's always funny. But I'm hoping for the five of them to laugh heartily again. :blobpensive:

4. morichigo

morichigo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The trio is so chaotic lol, just three pretty best friends trying to make the two introverts of the group live a lil :blobhero:

5. Eraien

Eraien Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that you mentioned it, :blobthinkingsmirk: Oscar does not really talk much with the others except for Leila when they were little, and as for Griffith, he is indeed the silent type.
    The interactions with the trio balances their personalities.

6. nowveidn25

nowveidn25 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. I'm new here so I'm not really sure how this thing works, but I can't help to make an account to thank @Fluffy Cacti (I'm sorry I don't know how to mention you) for the MTLs. I'm really grateful to you since I don't know how to use Ridibooks. So again, thank you very much for your contribution!!

After binge reading the novel, I can say that I'm invested. Here are some of my thoughts:
    1. Leila really deserves a break lol it seems like nothing went the way she wanted it to. There has to be at least a setback for her before she achieves her goal. I love her, nothing to complain about.
    2. Oscar genuinely creeps me out. I'm okay with the yandere type because they usually gave interesting dynamics between the characters but after reading the latest chapter, I'm just ughh that guy needs therapy (seriously, and the best one at that!). For now, I'm not leaning toward him being the ML. Let's see how it'll go in the future. I don't know how I feel about the possibility of Oscar being the future antagonist either. It will be interesting for sure but I'm not sure if I can handle the angst lol.
    3. Romeo is a funny guy lol. Yeah, I like him. Even though for now I don't see him being the future ML because idk he just seems like he won't?? For now, at least. Would love for the author to develop his and Leila's relationship more in the future.
    4. Callix is just *chef's kiss* I love that guy <3 nothing to complain about. His innocence is just mmngh CUTE. My prediction is: he will notice that Leila is Leo after he receives the medication and takes a closer look at Leila's face (because of the flashback where 'Leo' asked Callix to look and remember his face carefully). The fact that he can't stop boasting about Leila's dick is so hilarious lmaoo It's a bit sus that he keeps thinking about it :blobamused:asdgajs The image is ingrained in his mind.
    5. Griffith is one fine man blobmelt_thumbs His appearance and personality wise: 100/100. Want to see him more in the story. I think he is my fav ML after Callix. My only complaint is there is not enough Griffith in the story haha.
    6. I hate the twins. I condemn their existence. I wish Leila won't forgive them and I hope they regret all the things they did to Leila for the rest of their lives.
    7. The roach guy (Root? Roat? Ruth? I genuinely don't know what his name is lol) and the annoying princess are hypocrites. They deserve each other, really:blobunamused:. I wonder what the roach guy had to offer to the guardian for the power he gained? Surely it has to be something significant.
    8. I LOVE the mother's family side of Leila (I forgot their family name huhu) Especially the uncle and the grandfather. I wish Leila is successful in saving her family. Otherwise, I would cry.
    9. The emperor is alright, I guess. I didn't hate him as much as the twins but I still dislike him. I'm open to his redeeming arc, tho. But only if the author can pull it off without making it seems forced. But if Leila won't forgive his father then I'm also fine with that.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Romeo and Griffith are not as fleshed-out as Oscar and Callix? Idk both of them are just like there. Especially in their childhood era.

I'm thinking about what Leila is going to do with the Sage Stone. I don't think the author introduced such a plot device for nothing. Maybe it has to do with her dukedom's future?