Spoiler My Childhood Friends are Trying to Kill Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Mikaa, Feb 27, 2021.

?

Who do u think is going to be ML??

1. Callix Ascard (black)

126 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Oscar Hraesvelg (silver)

120 vote(s)
    20.7%
  3. Griffith Nicaea (brown)ie

39 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Romeo RoseBelle (blonde)

41 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. All of them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

255 vote(s)
    43.9%
  1. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh about the ML
    It is most likely that its Callix or Romeo
    Since..

Silver is psycho,, and since there are other decent guys everyone knows already that he will never b chosen (poor bbe)
    And Griffith has brown hair,, rarely there are ML w/ brown hair in korean novels,,, (another poor bbe)

2. Fluffy Cacti

Fluffy Cacti A simp for raws

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, it looks most likely in Kalix’s favour as of now, but I still hold some hope for the other guys, there are quite a few signs for each of them, but when comparing it to each other, there are definitely some winners and some losers... (also Griffith and Oscar deciding to just ~completely leave~ for several months certainly did not help their case lol)

But Kalix is great, one of the few, rare, non toxic (at least as far as we know) MLs, so keep it up king! :blobok::blobpopcorn::blob_pompom:

Actually, I’m surprised at how well Romeo’s doing, I didn’t expect him to get much, but he’s holding up his own fairly well....:blobpeek::blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  3. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    such a busy day with so many post to like.
    thank you so much @Fluffy Cacti for the spoiler! really like kallix for now, an unkempt ML for once lol.
    really dislike what-his-face when he draw a sword on MC neck :blob_catflip:

4. Fluffy Cacti

Reading List:
    Link
    You’re welcome! :bloblove:
    But yeah, Kalix is a pretty cool ML lol:blobokhand:
    And Lelia better hold them accountable for how roughly the guys (specifically Oscar) treated her when they saw her again:blobtriumph::blobtriumph::blobtriumph:

5. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Also,, there's a possibility that Callix is not a ML,, since ML is basically:
    No brown hair
    Money
    Status
    Bod

And Callix is a mecenary,, so no status....

apjvfn9u05t51.png
    Ps,, this meme was already posted on some other thread,, but i was too lazy to search 4 it and instead found it on reddit,,,,

6. Fluffy Cacti

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I haven’t said this before, but I actually think that Oscar, surprisingly enough, is the “typical” historical ML, for the reason that he pretty much fits that chart to a T lol.

And yes, I’ve seen white a lot of MLs with white hair...

Again, I know I’m late with it, but I’m gonna talk about Oscar next of the MLs because there’s a lot to go through with his signs.

I guess people want something different for once lol, and Kalix is someone I would prolly date in real life (not that I could EVER pull him, but you get it lol), while Oscar is someone I couldn’t handle (again, I still wouldn’t be able to pull him anyway).

Don’t get me wrong I still simp very much for my white haired emo daddy issues bby lol

But I was thinking about the “commoner” and “not highest position” tags that Kalix is stuck with. But hear me out, in the original book, Kalix’s kingdom wanted him to come back and become emperor, but they were scared of his eyes so he ended up not being emperor.

But in this timeline, his eyes aren’t as bad yet, and I have a sneaking suspicion that Leila will be able to fix his eyes through alchemy, because remember alchemy can do what magic and holy power can’t....

So that means that Kalix MIGHT end up as King of his kingdom in the current timeline...

Also, it’s more personal if we see growth happen with characters that didn’t happen in the OG book, because then it feels more real, and that Kalix and probably Leila fought so much harder to get to wherever they go (emperor Kalix?), rather than us just knowing from the start that Oscar’s gonna be emperor, and we’re not really invested in that aspect of him as much....

keikomushi, Saraf, LokaLari and 4 others like this.
  7. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah,, i just hope Callix will stay a mecenary
    I'm tired of 'status n power' MLs

8. Fluffy Cacti

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, imagine for once, they do a different male lead, who is actually happy with his life that isn’t at the “top position of power”. That would be really surprising and really cool! :aww::blob_plusone:
    Almost like class and position doesn’t actually make you the better than anyone else lol:blobshh: (Personality and humanly-wise, we ain’t gonna talk about “society” and all those implications lol)

9. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Again about Oscar
    He's definetly NOT a ML

Since he have white/silver hair color,, and MC also have white/silver hair color,,,,
    So they could kinda look like siblings

(I rememder some web manga where husband n wife have almost the same hair color (later on i saw that the husband have ~2% more vibrant hair colour, xD)
    for few 1st ch's i trought that it was incest:notlikeblob:,, but i'm happy it is not:blobangel:)
    But i highly reccomend that manga,, its rlly fluffy n sweet,, about family w/ one kid
    The title Was something "daddy at work and at home"??
    If anyone is interested:blobfistbumpL:

10. maggiesaus

maggiesaus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually haven't read a KR webnovel/webcomic where the FL has married below her starting status, with the exception of her being a princess and marrying the next highest non-royal title (Duke/Archduke?). Someone please enlighten me to good reccs for stories where this actually happens! It feels like a very Asian/KR thing, let alone these European title societal settings, to define "success" as a female lead finding love in a high status partner.

If Relia ends up with Callix that would be statistically different than a whole bunch of stories out there, so I'm interested to see if that happens!

11. Fluffy Cacti

Reading List:
    Link
    Lelia Brother-zoning Oscar: a collection :blob_coffee:
    This is Leila talking about wanting to be Oscar’s older sister:
    RIP king, you were felled before you even had the chance to fly :blobdead::blobjoy::blob_teary:

12. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure the ML in this story will be Callix! Blonde guys like us are more likely to be the second ml in this type of story.:blobReach:

LokaLari, Mikaa and Fluffy Cacti like this.
  13. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Do u guys think it would be ok to make a discussion thread,, and move discussion related comments there??
    And then put the link to it in spoiler curator??

I think i need ur pernission/approval (since not everybody likes it) or at least inform u guys before i make it and move some comments thanks to the report thingy,, (since only moderators can do it) (i think i'll do the thread tomorrow)

If somone doesn't like it,, u can DM me, so i will think about it again,, (if a lot of pple wouldn't like it i will not make it,,)

Also sorry for my english *dogeza* x'Ddd

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  14. Fluffy Cacti

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobbunny:
    Thanks @Mikaa :aww::blobpats: that would probably be for the best lol, here’s the reason I agree, (just for anyone who’s wondering what’s going on lol, but do correct me if I’m wrong!)

I mean, normally, for each novel, (if it’s popular enough lol) there would be a “spoiler thread” (like this one) that would be used for people to put spoilers on, and then discuss those spoilers.

Then there’s the discussion thread, where people discuss the latest chapter, or the novel in general, up until the latest translation chapter, and sometimes they’ll put a small spoilt in to prove a point, but they’ll always have to put the spoiler tag so people don’t get spoiled if they don’t want to.

The problem with this thread, is that there’s basically the whole novel,(although badly Mtl-ed lol) so there isn’t really any “spoilers” so much as the newest chapters as they come out on Ridi.

So this is kinda turning into a discussion thread, where it should be a spoiler thread if that makes sense.
    Because although people discuss on spoiler threads, it’s normally spoilers that are much further in the book, ( or even the ending of the book) that readers of the translation have not yet caught up to.

But there’s not really any of that seeing as we’re caught up to the novel raws on here, and it’s not going to be any actual “new” “spoilers”, unless someone spoils a chapter just before I put it up here lol, but even that wouldn’t really be a spoiler in here for long, when the chapter comes out....

So this has kinda happened because it’s a new novel, and we’re all caught up so....:blobpopcorn:

Also, even though the links to each chapter is right there in the first page, (Thanks again @Princess Stardust :blobicecreamlove:) it’s still getting kinda messy and difficult to find the latest chapters on the later pages of this thread...

And people are gonna check the thread thinking it’s a new chapter, but it’s just discussions (which isn’t bad btw, but still, separate thread could fix this lol) and likewise, the spoiler chapter could be out, and get lost in the other posts....:blobpeek::blobunsure:

Again, this is just my opinion, so feel free to throw in yours :blobhug::blob_coffee:blobmelt_thumbs

15. Princess Stardust

Princess Stardust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But, but, then I'd have to create a ToC all over again...:blobtired::blobsob:
    I can do that if we transfer it though

Sooo... Leave the chapters here and move the discussion to another thread?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021
  16. Mikaa

Mikaa 〘༄⚘〙

Reading List:
    Link
    Well,, that's the plan....
    Now i gotta sleep (0:35 AM)

(ToC will not be needed)

morichigo and Fluffy Cacti like this.
  17. Fluffy Cacti

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah so we’ll just leave the “spoilers” aka chapters here, and create a new thread for discussing it, and leave a link in the each thread to go to the other thread... if that makes sense...:blobsweat::blob_coffee:

18. K3I

K3I Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, Leila is planning on healing Calix's eyes, and if his eyes are healed, he'll likely become the king of his country, so not really that different...