LCD My Civil Servant Life Reborn in the Strange World

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Mar 23, 2021.

1. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    ch-150 (as an example)
    What gender is Mirpa, the Crow Tribe's Elder master mage? The pronouns for Mirpa keeps changing, sometimes Mirpa's a he, then sometimes Mirpa's a she.

komo komo and kyoshijiro like this.
  2. kyoshijiro

kyoshijiro [Draugr] [Oniric Lord] [Disaster of a human being]

Reading List:
    Link
    For the most part Mirpa was called He. So i assume he's a guy. Though we have no real way of being sure

3. Deleted member 164538

Deleted member 164538 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    So far, the first arc was the best arc and it went down hill. I can see why it's dipped off so much compared to the first ~20 chapters, but I still think for what it is, the novel is pretty average to above average. The reviews on WuxiaWorld and in the comments are pretty accurate, he went from 10/10 MC to like a 5/10 real quick. He's still a meme for all the stuff he bases his powers off from his last world. I'm happier that they rectified the fact that he isn't so almighty since there are loads more people who can rival him than we thought (Dragon King, Chief of the Butterflies, Talaria Blade, Zendia Blade, The 4 Great Demons, maybe the leader of the Zodiacs, Elder Mirpa in a short fight, His brothers if his magic was drained (stated that if Den was exhausted of magic/can't use it only has a 20% of beating either of them), probably Great Elder Weger since he's the Crows Master Sword teacher, probably a few more including his father but Den is still among the apex class like these guys since his potential is really great) but it was the fact that his planning got him out of Olympus the first time is what made it great (and Doomstone might have just let him go to explore). Right now the series is a solid 6.5/10 potential for me (10 for the first arc, and like a 4~5 for each subsequent arc. The first Arc really makes me rate this a lot higher because the author is clearly capable of writing great arcs like the beginning but the other arcs are not up that par, but gives me enough hope that it'll get better again.)
    *Thoughts on what I can read that would make the series better plus what they've been doing that has been bringing me back
    -Fixing the plot hole involving the currency how all the shit from the crows are heavily inflated (current arc that is going to reform currency so it's giving me some hope)*At Ch.195, author is probably fixing issue by introducing our paper system into the setting to not only fix the inflation rates caused by using metal currencies but also to introduce platinum into the materials that could be used for magic tools, looks like this part of the story will take quite a bit from what happened in reality.
    -More of Den being in these Escape type scenarios where he won't be able to brute force his way out like he has been, pretty self explanatory
    -His denseness + trolling others (look he may be on his Second Life, but going through your teens twice does not mean you get way more mature. You'll just be less annoying the second time around since hormones + environment decide how you'll grow. Considering he's growing up with a bunch of battle hardened warriors where most of them have no real sense of self control the second time around, he's not gonna be as mature or have as much emotional development as I would like since this was written as a Slice of Life, so maybe his chuniness and denseness to his surroundings can be toned down a bit would definitely make it better. Based on how he was raised, it's like 70% combat, 15% studies, 14% playing games, 1% common sense)
    -His Family, yes it's cheesy but I'm hoping that an actual discussion with his family can help flip his character into a better person, cause in the beginning he was quite cool but I feel like after he got out he seems like he's really cutting loose. I'm wondering if his mom from his previous life has more of an impact on his life than he thought since it seems like the reason he's being a civil servant is like 90% influence from his mom of his last life. In the first chapter, it mentions how she died when MC was young, and there is no mention of a father figure. Quote from MC Mom of previous life: [When I was young, or to be more precise, during the childhood of my past life, my mother said to me, “Safety is important. Especially if it’s job safety.”] Maybe MC grew up where there was no real parental figure to at least point him in some direction of his own since he seemed so dead set in his last life to follow his Mom's last will. Even in his current life, he's got no mother figure again but his father seems like he cares...but is a literal walking disaster. He's definitely got a high IQ but it seems like his EQ never really developed with the lack of actual guidance on how to live outside of combat since that's what the crows revolve around, so he's using his mom's will from his last life to base his current life. Seems to me like he's stuck in the past way too much. Like I iterated previously, living through the same age twice doesn't necessarily mean they'll be more mature, in my opinion it just means that they are more prepared for that stage of life. In the real world, some people never properly mature (many examples on internet) so I think it's more like a 24~27 year old(average Korean age a Korean man would graduate college due to mandatory military service) stuck in a kid's body and having to relive all the hormones going through his body again instead of a 44~ yr. old guy living again like what I think is mostly written as. My reasoning is that a Korean male fresh grad is like most grads where they didn't really live life yet (he died shortly after he passed the exam so he didn't even get to interview so he probably never had a job above entry level) and his limited experiences in actually being a mature adult/head of household isn't too extensive.
    *If it can hit these points I think the story can turn into a solid 7, maybe even a 7.5 (I think the arcs after the first part and up to the more recent arcs really bring down the series even if they can be like the first arc again considering the story ends at like ch. 406 and I'm at 194)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2021
    spezialice and kyoshijiro like this.
  4. Deleted member 164538

Reading List:
    Link
    I got a confirmation age at time of death (wasn't sure of exact age but we were given an age in early chapters, but in latest on premium we got an exact age), Den was 24 at death in first life. Since he's 16 now and says his total memory of living adds up to 40.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2021
  5. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how long before Hillis "casually" mentions to Rosellis that Den is the new hero? Will all the paladins get ulcers? How long before Den dresses up like a magical girl thief? These are my burning questions. I loved this chapter and Iove Hillis. Glad she's joined the boarding house.

Deleted member 164538 likes this.
  6. Deleted member 164538

Reading List:
    Link
    Paladins already got ulcers when first left with the Holy Sword but were happy nonetheless because they think a nun from their Church is the new hero, when they find out its a Crow they're gonna be in for a rude awakening lol. Den might not need to be a magical girl cause he improves his anti recognition glasses further where it can even decide powerful madosas, so unless they're at the level of the 4 Great Madosas, he's pretty much invisible (made possible with the bracelet of the Witch of Pride + new found control of magic). Hills will probably not mention Den having the Holy Sword cause that's just asking for a War with the Empire, and if they find out it's Denburg Blade with the Holy Sword and the Church gets upset, the Crows (mainly Doomstone) will utterly destroy them and if they reveal that they tried to kill William too (when they invaded the school), the Butterflies are gonna join in cause their current chief is a suckered for his kids/grandkids and William is his son.

7. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-187: go and get your clothes
    Ch-188: I don't want to be seen with you wearing your cheapass clothes
    Why tell him to get his stuff only to not allow him to use his stuff?
    :blobReach:

8. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the Duke is purposefully messing with Den... much like Den messes with other people.

9. Deleted member 164538

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause he's mischievous like Den and teasing him is funny, plus they also did want to see if he had anything usable (his pocket space bag and the suit from Mrs.Arscilla are actually acceptable).

10. Deleted member 164538

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo, the story started to pick up again in terms of actions starting ch. 200, and it seems like the momentum is also gonna start picking up again from here on out. Still not to the degree of making it above a 7/10, but it's a pretty good read nonetheless.

11. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch-208
    What's with all these mind games?

12. Deleted member 164538

Reading List:
    Link
    Just cause they love to mess with each other in any possible way.

13. Gladiator02

Gladiator02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at ch 55.
    Does Den reveal his powers or identity to his friends any time soon? And at what chapter? I really want Lisbon and Yuria to see him in action

14. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    As of the currently translated chapter he hasn't.

15. spezialice

spezialice Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Flam is Taurus (one of the zodiac members) also, Den's identity and whereabouts were revealed to Vladi bcs he was caught while wearing the adventurer guild's uniform:facepalm:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    komo komo and Konic like this.
  16. jjaggii

jjaggii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me when Den will be discovered by Uncle Bloody or his family? Possibly anything where he gets discovered as a member of the Crow Tribe.

17. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    In the current translated chapters his older sister, aunt, grandfather, and best friend already know. When Den had "abducted" his sister in the capital and he was caught by the princess and the Butterfly grandkids, there was some off screen discussion between his older sister and those three. We still don't know what was said there.

Also Bloody is aware he's lurking around the capital, but Bloody doesn't really want to find Den since Den can easily beat him while he's sealed.

Neyva, MangoK and jjaggii like this.
  18. Polar20

Polar20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does his friends and family know he is Lupin and Denburg in the latest translated chapters?

19. lunarshadow

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, pretty much everyone knows now.

20. oxwivi

oxwivi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Boarding house folks don't know he's Lupin, otherwise Saintess wouldn't have such a tame response regarding her sister's lover who was killed in the princess kidnap attempt.