Spoiler My Dear Aster

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jan 2, 2023.

1. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    resource.jpg

Official Novel Raws: Author: HAN MINT
    (The same author who wrote, "The Villainess Lives Twice" and "Obviously, It’s My Child)​

Description:

A few years ago, her daughter said.

“If mother ever lives again, don’t give birth to me.”
    “What are you talking about all of a sudden?”
    “You don’t have to give birth to me. Meet someone better than Dad. You said you had a first love. If you live again, confess. Who knows? Maybe it will work out?”

The mother and daughter giggled together.
    And Lihen Copland woke up. As a nineteen-year-old.

Living again didn’t change her life much. But she can make her daughter a little happier. To do so, she had to marry her husband again.
    But that resolve soon began to waver.

After meeting her first love, Sir Schudermel Laft.

This is going to have a webtoon adaptation and will be released on January 18.

xpeanut, assiralc_, LynnLynn and 7 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Table of Contents Placeholder

Table of Contents
    • Chapter 100 spoiler
    • Chapter 250 spoiler
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

For more information, please visit: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/new-spoiler-plugin-for-the-forums.114103/

3. Cookiemonster_007isback

Cookiemonster_007isback I need them cookies

Reading List:
    Link
    Rin.rinaaa and your crush like this.
  4. Cookiemonster_007isback

Reading List:
    Link
    She didn't left her. She died and regressed back to the age before she married Aster's father. It was a sad, grim relationship between them to the point even her child could sense it and wished for her mother to live a happier life. Had it been me, I would too have taken that choice, infact, had she married Aster's father again, given a second chance, that would be wrong of her. To marry a man who already had a lover, to bring a child into a world who will not be loved by his father fully, in an unhappy marriage how much it would've affected the child to ask her mother - “If mother ever lives again, don’t give birth to me.”
    It would be selfish of her that in her desire to have Aster again, she chooses the same path in which no one was happy.
    So, I think she did right by cancelling her engagement and marrying the man who loved her and with whom she was in love with.

You will get to know the decision taken by MC is not only born out of her desire to live a life, she never forgot Aster, infact, there was a hint about Aster being happy and contented with her mother's decision through some means which I don't remember, read the novel to know that.
    So it's important to read the context in order to know how the story flowed.

@your crush
    I get you why are you feeling that way but I think it's only because of the vague spoilers and lack of context but rest assured, it was covered up well. You won't dislike her. I'm not saying this 100% because I too have a blurry memory of what I read but I don't remember hating MC (the mother) at all otherwise I would've mentioned it. (y)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  5. your crush

your crush Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oho~ thanks for giving me more details about your situation. Now that I see it, I too agree that she have made the right choice. A child having to see their parents' bad relationship is really mentally taxing on them. :blobsad:

All that aside, seems like :meowyaranaika: is my favourite emoji now lol.

SofiyeJaan, Grayel, Bella94 and 5 others like this.
  6. Cookiemonster_007isback

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohmg AHAHAHAHA :shiblobmelt:

your crush and Rin.rinaaa like this.
  7. aneliese

aneliese Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To commemorate the release of the webtoon, the author will be publishing side stories on Kakao. Two side stories were posted there today along with a new cover. Kakao is also offering free rental tickets right now, so you can read both side stories for free.

[​IMG]

8. rero00

rero00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Author: HAN MINT (The same author who wrote, "The Villainess Lives Twice")
    Artist: N/A
    Year: 2017
    Genre: Romance, Fantasy

Description (MTL):

A few years ago, her daughter said, “If you ever live again, don't give birth to me.”

“What are you talking about all of a sudden, is that?” Find someone better than your dad. There was, first love. When you live again, confess it. Do you know any more? Will it be okay?” The mother and daughter giggled together.

And Lichen Copland woke up.

As a nineteen-year-old, her life did not change much when she was reborn.

But you can make your daughter a little happier. To do so, she had to marry her husband again. However, that promise soon began to shake. After meeting her first love, Sir Schdermel Raft.

Only one manhwa chapter transilated

Grayel, your crush and Priar like this.
  9. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing I think is kinda interesting here is that this is just about the only rebirth novel I can think of where the 1st life husband wasn’t a massively abusive a-hole or with over the top tragedy or anything.

The MC and her original husband didn’t loath each other or have any deep resentment or anything. They just plain weren’t compatible. They lacked common interests and their personalities were such that even after being married for decades they were still basically on the level of acquaintances. Some of MC’s complaints are admittedly petty (like not being able to wear heels since they’re the same height), but those facets stand out because of the utter lack of positive things to balance them outside of basic decency.
    The 1st life was just a sort of very common and boring tragedy of mediocrity. It lacked really terrible negatives, but the only positive was the birth of their daughter.

So this story’s less “I have to fix what went wrong” and more “I’m not settling and wasting my opportunities this go around”.

TrinaAngel, Grace34, Kitsuna and 25 others like this.
  10. myuun.

myuun. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You know what... I'm READY for a drama-free love story. :blobsip: Manwhas are like telenovelas. You can never catch a break.

I'm happy to sit back, relax, and watch people just enjoy their lives. :blobcozy: I'm very much looking forward to more manwha chapters, so far, so good!

TrinaAngel, Grayel, torte1315 and 9 others like this.
  11. Gerald2020

Gerald2020 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's something really refreshing about this story and the wish of a daughter being the catalyst to the story is really sweet. It might be sans the drama we are used to but in a landscape of crazy and creepy MLs and weak FLs, this little break is welcomed!

12. CreativeCriticalThinker

CreativeCriticalThinker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is probably the first time I read/hear about a former husband from the 1st timeline that doesn't suck and didn't do much wrong in Fantasy Melodramaland.

I saw some comments in mangago.com:
    "That poor husband ,he got slandered for his height and mediocrity"
    "Seems promising but kinda sad they daughter and mother shitting on the original dad just because he was mediocre looking"
    'Mother daughter relationship is cute but their reason for not liking the exhusband makes them both so unlikable. Art is okay but I have a feeling the plot is going to suck from here onwards. MC isn’t very interesting."
    "I think people are forgetting that loving someone isn’t determined on how good the person is. Just because her husband was a good human being doesn’t mean she’ll automatically love him. Her pointing out things about him she doesn’t like is just that things she doesn’t like. Plus she already loved someone else, so saying that she’s mean to the husband because she didn’t like him is not right because they both didn’t like each other it was an arranged marriage."

While I can see that some readers were too quickly to judge/too harsh towards the FL + her Daughter because they weren't that much of a pitiful tragic victim....
    But it does make me think about the fact that in the FanRom Genre most FMCs can't be satisfied with anyone kind unless their chosen ML is a special desirable handsome prince or an elite hot man of the highest status who can give her very pretty looking children + anything she can dream of.....
    Drama Rule: The Regressor/Transmigrant always deserves/wants the best of the best.
    Even if they are so unaware of it AND keep denying it....

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    Grace34, akichi, LynnLynn and 5 others like this.
  13. Chrana234

Chrana234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The husband actualy nice, consider that the husband
    has someone he love, but their mariage was not being approved by his mother. NOT only that, he is not cheating and sudddenly bring other woman to their relationship. HE TREAT HER like a friend. (Not abusing her or the daughter)
    After read this part, I conclude that the reason their strained relationship was because , the feelings only one sided. EVEN WORSE ITS NOT LOVE. Its responsibility and obligation. Thats why their relationship is dry.
    When I read this, Mc suddenly become antagonist. Because for aster sake, she will trample her husband and ML happiness.

14. Dasheara

Dasheara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This doesn't really seem fair, the spoiler about the book said that the husband (Harold) was cheating (he'd come home drunk and smelling like another woman) and actually benefitted from being 'trampled on' in the second timeline because he was able to marry his girlfriend. And, in the manhwa at least, the MC hasn't done anything wrong. She just accepted their marriage arrangement, to fulfill obligations, he was the one who had an outside relationship. So I have no idea how you concluded he was one-sidedly responsible and she strained their relationship by, what, not adoring a man who came into the relationship loving someone else? For daring to have complaints, some petty, about a man she'd been married to for decades? Quite the formidable antagonist there.
    Even in the first manhwa chapter when she regresses she says he was sincere and diligent and loved their daughter so she isn't trash talking him. Her complaint was really that her life was boring, including her marriage where they had to save money so even her daughter was limited in her 'joys in life'. She even says she'll probably end up marrying him again, when her father introduces him. All signs point to them both fulfilling their obligations and that being what Aster wanted to avoid for both her parents, a dull life just being dutiful. So, how is she trampling on him? 'well, she married Harold once, so she must marry him again and be a good wife because he treated her decently and didn't abuse her even though he loved someone else' is not the angle I think you were going for.
    If anything your complaints are about Aster. She's the one who insisted her mother should marry someone else, to 'find someone better than dad'. But she doesn't exist in the second timeline, so how is the MC crushing her ex and the ML's happiness for her? That's what she'd be doing if she insisted on marrying Harold again, just to have Aster again. Really, one of the good points of the story is that there's no antagonist, no need to force one in. The MC and her former husband could've both made more effort to make their marriage better, it seems, even if he wasn't cheating, but since it didn't really work she married someone else when given a second chance, someone she thought she could be happier with. So, they're both just normal people, in the end.

15. Yurong

Yurong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoilers please :(:meowpuffysoul::blobsneeze::blobcozy:

16. luliibunny

luliibunny Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone summarize the events of the novel,plz?:meowpuffydizzy:

17. Chrana234

Chrana234 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in last chapter of manhwa,
    -First, it will be a right action to continue relationship, if the MC doesnt know that his ex husband have a lover. She can continue her effort to make a better family.
    - to continue relationship now, it will be a wrong action. its only strained more their realationship. Because she know, that her husband doesnt love her.
    - after she know that his husband has someone else, she still want to married his ex husband for aster. If she is really love his husband, she will think twice.
    -the MC decision was heavily influenced by aster. ( even if she wasnt born yet)
    - Mc did gave our Ml false hope with her attitude. Her father even ask her, If she really want to marry ML? When your parent ask that, it means that the relationship from his prespective is more intimate than a friend.
    -There are a reason the novel name my dear Aster, not my dear (ex husband), or my dear (ml name). That her happines not lies in her ex husband or ML. Only her daughter.