My first novel summary/chp. Just the basic, your thought?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Azuriq, Apr 17, 2017.

?

Should the story follow my stupid, sad and mischievous life?

1. No, Please use the original idea of the story

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Yeah, sure why not?

10 vote(s)
    83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azuriq

Azuriq That guy

Reading List:
    Link
    (Title yet to be named)
    Sorry for grammar mistake or some random nonsense here and there since i'm not good with english :(

The story itself will be based on me.
    A Young boy named (Not named) is living peacefully with his parent at the age of 7, but it all changed when his parent argued day and night because his father supposedly cheated on his mother. (at the age of 7 yes i didn't know why they were fighting all day) because he slept in the same room as his parent he always hear random glass breaking, hitting, shouting and crying, he can't sleep, he cover's himself with his blanket weeping silently, as the day go by it get's worse, the dad slept on the living room at the couch while mom slept on the bedroom, at night they argue and argue until morning.

'it hurt's....my heart and head hurt's' thought the young boy
    'Why are they arguing with each other? please just stop it hurt's my heart and i can't sleep because of the noise' as the young boy weep silently

-At the age of 8 'the young boy got his own room'- -At the age of 9 the boy got himself a little brother'-
    -At the age of 10 is the start of our poor protagonist adventure and the start of his own maturity-

Well your thought on a few line's? - this whole story will be 70% 50% based off of my life, so let's venture through my memories-

Some people misunderstood that i want to make a "Sob" story but this is just a story about a really, really, normal kid-Me- with a bit of tragic past. i'll ask a few suggestion from my friend's and probably a few forum civilian :D Comedy/Slice of actual real life (lol)/ Drama?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  2. strayCat0

strayCat0 What are you doing right now?

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I see, another novel that I'm going to read...

I hope there's no harem...

majestikat, Azuriq and AHKoT like this.
  3. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    not interested about a sad life of a random person.......and now random internet user ask if i'm interested about his sad life? no thanks....if you want to rant do it, but don't bother to write your biography.....

4. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    it can be a good idea to use your own life as a base. It means you will know exactly what to write and will even allow you to create a bit of intimacy with readers since they may be able to relate. It might end up a little cringe-y at some parts but that can be swept away easily. Of course it can only be used as a basis, i think, if you dont want to end up writing a biography or the like. 70% you said? what would the other thirty percent be?

5. Azuriq

Azuriq That guy

Reading List:
    Link
    Random stuff, that's why i said it's mischievious life of our dear protagonist. It's just a random stuff that i created because because i just recently discover the forum... i have other xianxia idea like power, pet's, cultivation level etc. :)

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
  6. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    people read to escape life- not to wallow on the misery of others

people read to live vicariously.

Azuriq likes this.
  7. Azuriq

Azuriq That guy

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the base of my story it's just that i have no other thing happening in my life other than the three year's of my story there :) and i'm not making just a cultivation and suddenly 'boom' power up boost from our dear 10 year old protagonist.

8. Azuriq

Azuriq That guy

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the best line i've heard....

I read to relieve stress
    other's read for enjoyment
    and some read for their material for their book's

We have over 7 billion people in this world and some people preference just strike with each other.

strayCat0 likes this.
  9. Zettai Ryouiki

Zettai Ryouiki [V] H [Y]'s [ā™™] - "It's complicated."

Reading List:
    Link
    At least there will be no plot holes in this story. Because there's no plot holes in real life.

10. Azuriq

Azuriq That guy

Reading List:
    Link
    Never thought of a harem.... this is not some real novel i'll do, though maybe....just maybe i'll start writing. please do give construct criticism for i'll reply and hope to fix my mistake

strayCat0 likes this.
  11. Azuriq

Azuriq That guy

Reading List:
    Link
    Plot hole's huh.....hur hur. i'm a noob writer, so please do give me some guidance for the "maybe i'll write this story for real story" Oh reverence dao master :O

12. IMM

IMM 怎X.O.X.O怏

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking forward to what you produce OP

13. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's hard to write about ones own life without exaggerating some of the details. Unless it's really dark, it's kinda hard to do. But, good luck with the story.

14. Azuriq

Azuriq That guy

Reading List:
    Link
    Stay tuned though...my life going from age 7 - 12 is pretty....dark, not (dark, dark) but it's a novel encourager
    I will put other people POV in this story, since i experience my tragedy first hand, i need other's view of my tragedy.

This is not really a DARK kinda Novel since i'll be taking some of the forum poster suggestion for a plot that they like.
    Maybe a comedy/dark/romance deal? i have not experience romance first hand but my dad and his (SPOILERRRRRRRRRRRRRR) 4 wive's (yeah it's real, i have 7 brother and 2 sister) have / my oldest brother :)

15. Sheep

Sheep Best Original Sheep

Reading List:
    Link
    So based on generic sob story.

I'd suggest writing something out of your ass instead for better experience.

But seriously you either do auto biography or just do fiction based on your imagination.

70% real life and 30% story sounds like filler to me. since everyday is basically a filler

16. Azuriq

Azuriq That guy

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah my first time writing a novel :eek: sorry. though its a life novel not really a novel for serious reader. 70% 30% i don't know how to make it 50% 50% or 40% 50% since i don't really have an imagination for a dark or overly romantic story. it's basically a story around a mischievous brat, having fun. this thread is really for my imagination and how to improve that.

I'm probably gonna make this story around the suggestion of my friends or the the people of the forum :D
    i can't really do my own story since i can't view my life from a 3rd person view.

17. Cupcake Ninja

Cupcake Ninja [Kind Sage][Lord Benevolence][ The Great Paragon]

Reading List:
    Link
    living vicariously through others is basically what would happen in this story even if it's based on someone's life. I think people read mainly to be "entertained". Is that not a better way to describe it? Or perhaps...to "feel", maybe? Or both. In any case, everything else would be secondary. Since wallowing in another's misery is still a way of living vicariously through them. To read something and be so engrossed that you feel what they feel, that's something that can be achieved if written well enough. Something like that wouldn't be boring, at least. It all depends on what you like, i suppose. I feel you wouldn't be the type of person to be interested in reading down-to-earth and psychological type of stories, for example. Getting into the head of another person, who might live a life similar to your own. Personally im not attracted to those either, but i don't dislike them i guess.

18. Glaurung

Glaurung Long Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didn't say that his novel wasn't a way to live vicariously... it's just most nuf readers would rather see through the eyes of a proper mc- than through the eyes of someone with a sad miserable life.

i'd rather watch an action/adventure with a touch of comedy or romance- than a realistic biography of a beggar. i'm not saying op is a beggar- i'm just pointing out the ends of the spectrum.

Cupcake Ninja likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.