My First Published Game/App

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by icad, May 2, 2017.

?

What should I improve/add first?

1. Music

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. More Characters

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  3. Shop

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Graphic

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. More Power Ups

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. Game Control

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  7. Achievements

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. icad

icad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I'm new in forum though i've been using NU for a long time. Just around 2 weeks ago i''ve discovered unity, and started learning it. It's pretty though to make time for it because i'm a bit busy with college. And finally, i published my first game , it's pretty simple endless runner game, you're a cube avoiding blocks. But you know it makes you really proud and happy knowing your game is on playstore. After I published it,I was really excited, i spent a almost every time checking the reviews and statistic on the next day.
    Anyways this is the link for the app:
    it's free and have no ads, please tell me what you think of the game! i'll try to improve it!

(did i violate any rules? is this considered spam?)

SorakaNii and QueenShiro like this.
  2. Zxrm

Zxrm Osu Mania Maniac

Reading List:
    Link
    No Ads?
    How will you make 50k a day like flappy bird

3. Panzaro

Panzaro It's just mayonnaise~

Reading List:
    Link
    Prepare thy anus for low ratings and the weirdest reasons for some of those ratings.

Tebix likes this.
  4. icad

icad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, i don't really expect to get money from this anyway. I'm still new, and my game is not really great for now. So this is just for practice and experience, seeing a lot of people playing my games is already made me happy enough. It feels like you achieve something

strayCat0 likes this.
  5. kami118

kami118 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am gonna play .

icad likes this.
  6. icad

icad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you, don't forget to leave a review though. It'll really make me happy

7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is technically an advertisement but...I will sportive cuz it is a game thread~~

icad likes this.
  8. kami118

kami118 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Downloading atm , slow net here.

9. arahera

arahera Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh, the speed is rather weird. Gets too fast, not hard but would be repetitive very fast.
    You could try add:
    - background
    - different type of obsticales
    - more boosts
    - shop for cube, power-ups and so on
    - more colours.
    It's not a bad game, sorry but I felt bored after 5 min as it truly was repetivie.
    3/5 would be a rather "nice" rating from me

10. Teddywonka

Teddywonka A wonka that wonks a wonk

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice good job.
    I didn't play the game yet coz I don't want to get addicted. Hehehe.
    Here's my opinion on what you need/improve:
    1. Maybe more diverse environment , and the environment affects game control. Like too sensitive in space environment, too slow in underwater and the likes.
    2. Different challenges and achievements like complete something or earn new title. Like flawless runner, swift like a thief, and the likes.
    3. Upgrade stuffs like armors or ability. Be creative. Like heavy armor destroys light obstacles yet make you slower, or one more chance ability.
    4. Add some Mini games..to have a change because your game won't last long if its repetitive.

Keep it up.

11. icad

icad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks or playing! I noticed that too, that it would get too fast, that's why i add the slow down power ups, but i guess it became repetitive. I already planning to add the thing that you suggested but probably would take some time before i make the next update. Maybe I should have published it after it's more complete. But i can't help i really want to share my app as fast as possible.

12. Drake98

Drake98 Concerned Fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Add some plot and have some way that making the game as addictive as drug! (that couldnt left it be)
    Edit I mean the game is too big. The size!

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  13. qzty

qzty From normal-fag to F5-er Jack of Spades

Reading List:
    Link
    This word is echoing in my mind in a bad way......
    Little boy @qzty hates you *pouts*

14. Chronos57

Chronos57 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not bad, from what I just tried of it, but holy hell that is some sensitive control, died at 3 points on my first try pressed left & it kept on going haha (got to 3000 the next go).
    My one issue from the three runs I did before writing this would be the sheild is to big as I generally like to barely miss obstacles & I have to make a wider turn when I pick it up or it gets wasted.
    Personally I'd say if your gonna do a bit more add some colour & music first before I guess more shapes/characters but otherwise it's my type of game so I will certainly play more of it

icad likes this.
  15. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I've yet to play myself, but how about using the accelerometer. I generally hate having to tap at my phone screen, and there's no mention on the app page

icad likes this.
  16. Grenore

Grenore 《Member》

Reading List:
    Link
    You might as well, add more colours, such as : different coloured cubes/ background/ obstacles, just to make it look colourful.
    Also you can try adding not just cube, but a bit more different forms. Well something like that.......

If you're planning to earn some from this, then you can just add some timelimit items, which can be bought for few hours/ days.
    Graphic looks alright, you can try some minor improvements if you want, but too much improvement might get some people to have lagg.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    icad likes this.
  17. icad

icad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I intentionally made the control slippery to add more challenge, but i guess i should made an easier control and instead add power ups that make the control slippery. About the shield, i actually made it smaller at the first time, but then has some collision problem and made it bigger. I forgot to make it smaller again after i fixed the bug. I guess i'll add more music first, I'm still bad at graphics.

18. Chronos57

Chronos57 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you did decide to do this if possible make it optional as I'm very much a tap the screen type, so how it is now is preferable to me

19. Frixx

Frixx Active Handsome Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe try adding like minigames.

20. NEU paciFIST

NEU paciFIST Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For starters, it's decent already for a first timer.
    But I can't help but think that this needs an explanation or mechanics of the game before you actually just tap and play. Considering that you put 3+ y/o might play, so it might be good to add a little more detail in your title screen than just tap to play. If any advance changes, it might be wise to have a variety of background music or background itself, the shape of the object we control in the game can be changed and an array of choices presented, a shop or a store & of course in-game currency so that the players might feel more meaning to simply just killing their time playing your game without direction whatsoever. The fact that it is free and no in-game purchases, annoying advertisements and crashing problems present in my first try was nice.
    Overall if rated from 1-5, I'd give you a 4.3 rating for a starter. That's all thanks for sharing this to us tho.

icad likes this.