my headphone ripped

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lichdeath, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Yurielle

Yurielle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've had Sennheiser PC350 for 4 years and they've been great. The volume knob thing (would like to say dial but it's more like a flush fit piece that can rotate...) came off but a little hot glue and it's stuck back on and I replaced the ear pads once for a softer type material since the outer layer on the ones it came with was flaking off. Can't seem to find the ear pads anywhere online.

I've used a Sony MDR-V6 before (headphones only) and they were excellent until I inadvertently rolled over the cord and went to stand up, yanking the wires lose. I don't think they're in production anymore but the MDR-7506 are. Loved the extra long spiral cord but it ended up being a downfall.

I've also heard good things about Audio Technica ATH M50 (headphones only) which I plan to try as my next headphones if my PC350 fails at some point , they've been sitting on my Amazon Wish List for a couple years.

3. Kirito-Zatoichi

Kirito-Zatoichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Than i would buy a DT 990 if you can use open Headphones and a DT 770 if you need closed with a Mod Mic! a cheap Usb Mic like the Samson GO Mic works too. Superlux HD 330 with Zalman ZM-Mic1 would be really cheap and still retain a lot of quality. Sennheiser Game One is really good as well. And the Beyerdynamic Custom Game is a option as too. What i use is the Fidelio x2 with a Vmoda Boom Pro. If those are on sale you can get them under 180 Euro and are legendary for Gaming :)

I would personally prefer the ath ws1100is over the M50x. The M50x got a lot of Hype and in my eyes or ears the ws1100is have better price-performance ratio.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2018
    Thunder2134 likes this.
  4. Astroit

Astroit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hyperx Cloud II

5. Gunota

Gunota Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sony wh1000xm2 - sound great. Good noise cancellation. Good comfort.

Seinnheiser pxc550 - sound great. Ok noise cancellation. Ok comfort.

Bose qc35ii - Sound decent. Great noise cancellation. Great comfort.

Bowsers and wilkins px - haven't personally tried.

All of the above are in the ballpark of your max budget range and should definitely be affordable if you get refurbished or used.

P.s. These are all good wireless headphones (good for comfort), but you can get better audio quality with a cable so keep that in mind.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  6. psyque

psyque Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003BYRGKY
    Mil-spec headphones with detachable cord. They aren't fancy but sound as good as any mid-$200 with better branding or more bells-and-whistles.
    I used these as studio monitors while recording live pinball streams.

7. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    tell him he is weak as fuck XD

8. ZachB

ZachB Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There are good 5$ out there. Better than those 300$

9. Kirito-Zatoichi

Kirito-Zatoichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which if i may ask? The cheapest Headphones with decent quality are the Superlux Headphones. Edifier are good and cheap as well. Everyone that is looking for Headphones should take a look at this Guide: https://sites.google.com/view/headphoneadvice/home. All Headphones there are approved by Audiophiles and Sound accordingly.

10. Lolistalker

Lolistalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm, hard to say exactly would suit your taste, I would recommend Phillips Fidelio X2, sennheiser HD 598 or 600 etc

it is better if you could find a headphone store and try them first, also open back headphone usually got the best sound and comfort but it is mostly designed for home listening and they are huge, if you want to bring them outside then you might want close back headphone such as ATH m40/50/60, again depend on your need and taste, just don't waste your money on Beats or skull candy etc, they are too expensive for meh quality, though sound wise it is a matter of taste so if you like it that much then buy secondhand

also you might also want an external DAC/AMP, even cheap one would improve the sound quality by a lot, I think the best option would be a FiiO DAC/AMP for around 100$ then 200$ to get a good secondhand or headphone on sale, there are plenty of review and recommendation you could find online, you just need to make sure to find what you need

Kirito-Zatoichi and King0Mik like this.
  11. Lolistalker

Lolistalker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please stop giving people such a misinformation, true that some 300$ headphone could be crap but in general brand new headphone for 5$ could never sound as good as the average real music headphone for 300$

and headphone is not a computer where the spec alone means everything, you can know nothing about a headphone from seeing their spec online, you have to get your hand on them and try them yourself, and it is also a matter of taste, some headphone could be objectively good but some people will still dislike it, and there is also a matter of build quality and comfort, there is absolutely no way a 5$ cheap plastic headphone could last long and stay comfortable to use

12. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Better in what aspect? Design? Comfort? Because I can ensure you that there's no way sound quality is going to be just as good unless whatever $300 headphones that you're talking about is a rip off or Beats

The reason those $300 headphones are not $5 is likely because it has a more even frequency response. Some people may not be able to tell the difference between the two.

I've personally been using $5 headphones most of my life, but when the moment I started using a pair of Sony MDR7506 headphones ($100), I could tell a distinct different in audio quality.

Kirito-Zatoichi likes this.
  13. Finalbeta

Finalbeta Science Nerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Sennheiser is the besto.

14. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    My experience with ATH M50X for 2+ years:
    1. the quality of the sound is really good. Even after 2 years i hardly notice any drop in sound quality.
    2. fake leather covering the ear and the head, deteriorated quickly after 1 year. Might have been my fault for not storing it properly though...
    3. The cable also harden quickly after 1 year. Common problem with rubber cable insulation. If you want it to last longer, cover it with fabric or don't touch the cable with oily hands.
    4. It doesn't have microphone.
    I bought it 2+ years ago for about 250usd and still using it despite some problems i mentioned above.