Spoiler My House of Horrors

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Aina Seira, Dec 2, 2018.

1. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 668:

I think the final show-down is at hand.

Xiao Bu is now working together with Chen Ge, but she is only able to control half of the blood fog within the door as the shadow has taken the other half of it due to his dismembering of her limbs and her heart.

Chen Ge's parents are said to have gone to the hospital, which is the second 4 star scenario in Eastern Jiujiang.

Chen Ge's splinter team, Men Nan, Tong Tong, Lao Zhou, Smiling Man, Tattoo Man and Student Bei (assuming they are all still together) have found a very large group of children during their journey to Ming Yang Apartments to look for the other parts of the door. Chen Ge, Fan Cong and Xiao Bu are heading to where they are to link up with them.

The shadow is also heading to where all those children are supposedly gathered.

Dr. Gao is has absorbed all the curses located within the town of Li Wan, and may be assimilated by those curses in due time, and he is also injured, but he is incredibly powerful (borderline between top red specter and next level) and is tracking Chen Ge via a homing "device" located on the Ghost Stories Association leaflet that Chen Ge had.

There should either be a very big 3 way (Chen Ge vs Shadow vs Dr. Gao) as the finale of this arc, or it could even be Chen Ge vs a team up of Shadow and Dr. Gao. Zhang Ya is said to be fully healthy again, so she could tank one of them, while it would be up to Xu Yin, Men Nan, Female Tunnel Ghost, Smiling Mushroom Man and possibly even Female Red Raincoat to take out the other.

Assume at least another 5 - 10 chapters for this arc to complete.

2. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    Fan Cong is nice to join the Haunted House specially considering he is a cook.

Chen Ge already having trouble on a 3.5 scenario and yet he still has three 4 star scenario on his to do list lol, and worst case we will see above red in there else a top red specter which is suuuuper close to being above red

3. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, I think there are several big possibilities developing here:

1) Fan Cong and Scissors will join Chen Ge's Haunted House. Both as living employees and as Ghost Association members.

2) I think Li Zheng and Captain Yan will be let in onto Chen Ge's big secret. They may even join the Ghost Association and take part in future "Chen Ge" operations.

3) I am suspecting that Men Nan set up a trap for the shadow. Men Nan always appears not to be the fighting type, but the thinking type; he may not be a front-line tank or fighter, but I think with his genius ability, he can come up with some great tactical plans. In the event Chen Ge has to split up teams when tackling the 4 star scenario, he can always assign Men Nan to be the brains of one of the teams. Men Nan just needs a brawler / bruiser type ghost to support him. Heck, Chen Ge may even set up the "Child Ghosts Red Specter team" with Men Nan, Xiao Bu and Spider Boy as a trio, LOL!

Edit: Nah, it looks like it is Men Nan and Lao Zhou that are trapped instead. Tong Tong in big trouble now.

4) Chen Ge's parents will only appear after 3 more arcs - School of the Afterlife and the Fetus should be solved first before going to Xinhai Hospital, unless Chen Ge does School of the Afterlife first, THEN Xinhai Hospital.

5) Chen Ge should only hit a 4 star scenario when he has at least 8 to 10 Red Specters. He needs to recruit Spider Boy and Suicide Operator to his team, and possibly heal and recruit Red High Heels, Female Dullahan and the Dying Red Female Specter. Maybe go and get assistance from Coffin Village Door Pusher. Unless Zhang Ya somehow or rather becomes a walking 4 star scenario herself.

6) Looks like Chen Ge is going to be empire building - he will soon have 3 doors under his control, 4 if he is able to recruit Spider Boy. 5 if he brings Fan Yu into his team and gets Coffin Village Specters on his side. Imagine 3 door pushers and one who ate a door pusher on Chen Ge's squad, LOL!

7) When we gonna see the Ghost Association's treasure in Li Wan Town....

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  4. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 670:

F***. Chen Ge might have just suffered his first casualty.... and it is a ghost I particularly like :(

And finally Female Tunnel Ghost makes her appearance!

5. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
  6. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
    Well.... Zhang Ya looked very elegant when she was alive..... :D:love:

BTW:

Chapter 671:

1) Shadow showing his power.

2) Xu Yin's heart is forming.

3) The Big Three have met. The last two words of the chapter:

“张雅!”

SilentMoonlight likes this.
  7. Kind Uncle Next Door

Kind Uncle Next Door Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chen Ge very romantic on last Chapter :aww: also damn cliffhanger

8. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    finally, some images.. hopefully we get more of em

9. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a few more quick thoughts off Chapter 671:

1) While I do not agree with everything Chen Ge does, I have to say that for all his ghosts, from strongest to weakest, to do their darnedest best to protect him from a being that is possibly even above Red Specter level speaks volumes about their devotion to him. The way Bai Qiulin, the other ghosts and White Tiger tried to attack the Shadow practically confirms how "loved" Chen Ge is, despite all the "bullying, cajoling and threatening" he does to them, LOL!

2) I am still waiting for the Female Tunnel Ghost to be named. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seemed like the characters and ghosts not named do not.... "last long" in the novel. Case in point: the tattoo guy has already kicked the bucket in Chapter 670. He wasn't a named character either.

3) The Shadow told Chen Ge that only three Top Red specters would be able to stop him (the Shadow). Just Zhang Ya and Dr. Gao alone are insufficient. Is this hinting at Xiao Bu as the third top red that would stop the Shadow?

-PURELY SPECULATIVE HERE-

I actually want to speculate further by wondering whether the Shadow is even alone in the first place. I think the five red females on the tattooed man's tattoo are actually Red Specters themselves, and the Shadow would bring them into play. Secondly, I don't think Dr. Gao would help Chen Ge, and would continue to hunt Chen Ge instead. If this "set-piece" is what Air Conditioner Fixer has in mind, then it would allow for the Smiling Mushroom Headed Man and the Red Raincoat Female Specter to play a battle role. Thus, I actually think the battle would be like this:

i) Zhang Ya vs Shadow

ii) Xu Yin, Men Nan, Female Tunnel Red Specter, Female Raincoat Red Specter, Smiling Mushroom Headed Man vs 5 tattooed Red Specters

iii) Xiao Bu vs Dr. Gao.

Such a brawl would be pretty epic, and I am curious how it would resolve.

And I don't think Zhang Ya is going to get off injury free from this fight, which would result in her entering hibernation (AGAIN!) for another 3 / 4s of an arc until she is needed at the end of the School of the Afterlife, LOL!

SilentMoonlight likes this.
  10. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 672:

1) Chen Ge has burned Zhang Ya's love letter and fully accepted Zhang Ya as his shadow.

2) Zhang Ya brutalizing the Shadow.

3) Xu Yin is badly injured, but his heart has been fully formed.

4) Shadow was only able to get hold of one of Xiao Bu's limbs. The other limbs are in safe / allied hands; Smiling Mushroom Man found one limb, Red Raincoat found another limb, and Men Nan and Lao Zhou found another limb plus Xiao Bu's head.

5) Dr. Gao facing off with Chen Ge now. Zhang Ya thinks Dr. Gao is more dangerous than the Shadow. Shadow trying to get Dr. Gao onto his side. Chen Ge trying to prevent Zhang Ya from having to fight on two fronts.

6) Chen Ge confronted Dr. Gao. In order to jog Dr. Gao's memory, Chen Ge announced: "I am the new President of the Ghost Stories Association. And these Red Specters and ghosts around me ARE the the Ghost Stories Association."

Looks like we should see a Zhang Ya + Xiao Bu team up vs Shadow + Dr. Gao in the next chapter.

xblkdragonx likes this.
  11. xblkdragonx

xblkdragonx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you spoil how Xu Yin's heart was formed? I've been trying to MTL the chapters to get to that part, but it's been a slow process.

12. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, Xu Yin formed his heart through protecting his master.

There was one point in 671 where the Shadow had gotten his hands on Chen Ge and was holding him in a chokegrip.

No one could stop the Shadow then. Not the Female Tunnel Red, not Bai Qiulin or White Tiger, not the rest of the employees.

Xu Yin returned to Chen Ge and was grappling with the Shadow and trying to lure Dr. Gao to attack the Shadow as well. That led to the Shadow dropping Chen Ge, who was then pulled away by Bai Qiulin to the rooftop of Mingyang Building's First Apartment block.

While fighting Xu Yin, the Shadow started pouring his curse power (you will find out later that there is a difference between obsessions, which results in lingering spirits and specters, and curses, which results in different apparitions; the Shadow has been speculated to be a type of curse) into Xu Yin, inflicting grievous damage to him. Xu Yin had held on for quite a bit against the Shadow; the Female Tunnel Red on the other hand pretty much avoided the Shadow immediately, seeing how dangerous the Shadow was. In the course of putting his life on the line to protect his master, Xu Yin's heart was finally formed.

In 672, while Zhang Ya was fighting the Shadow, a heavily injured Xu Yin showed Chen Ge his heart and tried to smile at Chen Ge :) One of two or three heart-touching moments in that chapter. It was even hinted by the Shadow that Zhang Ya actually wanted to rescue Xu Yin (the Shadow had Xu Yin's head in a single handed grip then, as he [Shadow] was pursuing Chen Ge on the rooftop).

Xu Yin is definitely one of Chen Ge's big two ghosts, and very deserving of a book cover.

13. xblkdragonx

xblkdragonx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My baby!!! Q___Q Thanks for the spoiler. I'm so glad Xu Yin formed his heart. He's been pretty dedicated to Chen Ge from the moment Chen Ge got him, going so far as to risk his (ghost) life several times. Can't wait for the translation to catch up.

14. perspherspley

perspherspley IZ*ONE

Reading List:
    Link
    The one in the middle is basically Boa Hancock!

TheBornLoser likes this.
  15. Narberal

Narberal 『 Pleiades 』

Reading List:
    Link
    ooooooh, i'm so slow, the third cover was Xu Yin :facepalm:

and I knew it, that tape is Xu Yin and a portable Tape Recorder could be use and be stored on his pocket and yet he kept it on his bag which he sometimes not bring to his dangerous mission.

16. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 673:

Chen Ge managed to sway Doctor Gao to attack the Shadow. Zhang Ya teaming up as well.

Shadow rebirthing himself as a baby. At the last paragraph, Dr. Gao has charged towards the Shadow, sensing a being that is above Red Spectre.

Looks like the author is going down the Dr. Gao, Zhang Ya and Xiao Bu vs the Shadow route.

BTW.... if a 3.5 star scene is already this bloody hard.... and Dr. Gao is not permanently on Team Chen Ge....

I think there is no way Chen Ge can put off not recruiting the Coffin Village Female Red. Or else tackling the 4 star scenario is an impossibility.

After -all, if the only way to fight a being above Red Spectre is with 3 top level Reds......

17. Kind Uncle Next Door

Reading List:
    Link
    Well maybe if Shadow is the ghost fetus (since the ghost fetus scenario description is "Someday i will become you"), then at least we know that 4 star scenario will have ghost above red specter.

18. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah definitely.

Dr. Gao has even hinted already in 583 that in the Red City, there was a presence hiding that was greater than red.

The thing that I am REALLY curious about is the power hiding in the School of the Afterlife. We hear of mass murders and disappearances with antagonists like Dr. Gao and the Shadow (whether justified or not), and we also know that Chen Ge's parents disappeared at the Xinhai Hospital, but we never hear of anything coming from the School of the Afterlife. Nothing terrifying or gruesome or that screams "Keep the EFF away from me!"

Which makes me think that the School of the Afterlife's Final Boss is probably a relatively benign being. And that Chen Ge is going to get some benefits from it that would allow him to tackle the two Eastern Jiujiang 4 stars. Chen Ge seems to get lucky with so many of his missions; he has not suffered a single casualty yet, and somehow or rather, he always gets get out of jail or logjam cards through Zhang Ya or other lucky happenstance.

The other big question is the black phone. Is that, in the spirit of Chinese xianxia novel, an artifact from some special being residing in a 5 or 6 star scenario? LOL!!!

19. TheBornLoser

Reading List:
    Link
    674 and 675

Fighting, fighting and fighting.

Dr. Gao showing how much corruption has mental degradation has affected him.

Shadow stating out Zhang Ya's power traits (binding, cutting, gluttony, etc.). He is amazed that she possess multiple powers and attributes.

Chen Ge speculating that in the entire Jiujiang city, there are only 3 beings above red. They represent each of the three 4 star scenes.

My thoughts:

Chen Ge is getting too lucky in this. Zhang Ya is too overpowered. In addition, Chen Ge has never failed a scenario yet, and has never suffered a casualty among his ghosts, no matter how dangerous and frightening the scenario. This kind of power creep and extreme luck tends to annoy me a bit; it reminds me Chinese novel protagonists that I used to hate a lot. Anyway, let's see how this goes.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  20. Kind Uncle Next Door

Reading List:
    Link
    Well author always give a good reason why Chen Ge always win thought, for example

1. Third sick hall scenario.
    If all the GSC attacked Chen Ge at the same time i believe Chen Ge will lose, but they attacked Chen Ge one by one

2. Coffin Village
    If the GSC didnt come to the Coffin Village when Chen Ge do this scenario i believe Chen Ge will have casuality there

3. Ghost Town Li Wan City
    Well if Chen Ge didnt have a few information there like the Headless Ghost and Glutonny Ghost, and Chen Ge choose to fight them one by one. I believe Chen Ge will failes to do this scenario