Discussion My Master Disconnected Yet Again (MMDYA)

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Yac78367, Nov 16, 2020.

?

Would you read My Master Disconnected Yet Again?

1. Yes

11.1%
  2. No

11.1%
  3. Already did. Going to again.

44.4%
  4. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Already Did.

33.3%
  1. Yac78367

Yac78367 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not see a thread for this novel so I started this. I love love love My Master Disconnected Yet Again. It's soooo good. 《《o(≧◇≦)o》》Shen Ying is crazy cute, super OP, Queen of laziness, forever skinny even when eating 24/7 except when sleeping or fighting, terrified by Shen Jing, perfectly invisible, very doted on, dense, intelligent, and loyal all in one. Don't you just love how she literally trashes all the common trope golden fingers MC's usually get? Man, Shen Ying is such a great MC. I would love to have such a younger sister, and then I would not, since Shen Ying is Shen Ying because of Shen Jing. I also love how she immediately accepts Yi Qing as a disciple when he says he could cook. Very true to her desires. Chef, man is he such a doting idiot and an amazing cook. Also very OP. Very accepting of Shen Ying and her actions. Perfect husband. Lone Moon. Man is he stingy. Seems the more normal one, but is as abnormal as the other two. What are your thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  2. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked the novel but I rarely read novels again unless it's been quite the while.

Also you might wanna read my disciple died yet again by the same author if you haven't.. The main couple appear in disconnected too

Yac78367 likes this.
  3. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While it was a fun read, it wasn't as good a read as My Disciple Died Yet Again

Yac78367 likes this.
  4. Yac78367

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh I did. I did. It was just as good though a little repetitive in that she dies and her master finds her again. However, all those ‘reincarnations’ were interesting, especially when she turned into a male. (*≧艸≦)

KageTokage likes this.
  5. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I lost interest after they left the cultivation world. I hate novels that abandon most of the cast just so that they can introduce shiny new characters to abandon later.

I actually praised MMDYA for not abandoning its characters and bringing the whole sect with them when they ascended. But then the Heaven Realm stuff happened and the entire arc ended in a rush. It was like, "Hey I'm sick and tired of cultivation stories... Let's quick transmigrate this into a sci-fi!"

I originally liked it, but it just lost my trust.

Yac78367 likes this.
  6. Yac78367

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh yes the transition was a little too abrupt. The author began the sci-fi stuff way too suddenly. Then it goes back and forth. Towards the ending is when the author did a rushed reintroduction of the characters in the beginning, while simultaneously including new ones. I ignored that and read it just for Shen Ying and the craziness that happens around her and due to her. What would you have changed to make it better?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  7. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    At the very least, not kick the MC and the old rich guy (forgot his name) out of the cultivation world. Or, if that wasn't an option, end the book there. The sci-fi section could be made into a whole other book (with the same MC of course) and then a third book to tie the two worlds together.

For the sci-fi game, I got really mad when the MC makes a move at the beginning and is considered too powerful. Too Powerful = Cheating, so now they don't even have the points they originally had and are even blacklisted (I think) from the area.:blobunsure: Why is she even playing if she gets penalized for existing. :blobReach:

It just felt contrived. :blob_coughblood:

I liked it when she was lazy just because she's lazy. So having a rule 'preventing' her from acting really annoyed me. I'm not sure if the author realized they made the MC too overpowered or not and felt they needed to find some sort of explanation on why she wasn't doing anything. But things would've been fine if she just didn't help because it's too much work (or something).

Yac78367 likes this.
  8. Yac78367

Reading List:
    Link
    True true. That would make out better instead of putting everything into one story. The author could have also explained everything more, too.
    Ahh yes. That was frustrating. Shen Ying really couldn’t do anything, but sit tight while Lone Moon did most of the work.
    She was more fuwa fuwa when she was being lazy. Yeah that would have been a good reason. Maybe the author was going for that? So the author put Shen Jing there to restrain Shen Ying.

KageTokage likes this.
  9. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The secret about this book is that, despite what how it pretends otherwise, Shen Ying isn't the protagonist. Hell, for much of the book she isn't really involved in the story. The actual protagonist is Lone Moon, and he's given a lot more to do than anyone else.

10. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I hated how Shen Ying got a letter from Shen Jing to help the cultivation world, but it turns out to be forged. Shen Ying even checked to make sure the letter was real (if I'm remembering it right). It really messed with my perspective of Shen Jing once we met her and the letter was brushed off with a "Would I really do that to you?"

It was weird. I would have liked it better if the letter itself was real, but the work she was supposed to do was different.

Maybe have the Demon God (or whoever) lie by stating he needed help with a minor task, then milking the deal far beyond what was stated. But he wouldn't be aware the 'competent helper' was someone close enough to Shen Jing to double check the request afterwards, so things come back to bite him.

11. Yac78367

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah. That is explained in later on in the story. Apparently someone took advantage of their close relationship with Shen Jing and Shen Ying to "ask for help." The person was coincidentally a God of the cultivation world that Shen Ying was dropped in. They were close enough to the Shen sisters that they could forge a letter, plus combined with the fear Shen Jing instilled into Shen Ying, the crime would have been perfect had not Shen Jing clarified. The person who took advantage of the Shen sisters could not communicate with their world beyond the letter due to their current position. This came back to bite them in the butt as the people in the cultivation world, including the Gods, did not realize the purpose of Shen Ying in that world.

12. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it the Origin/Creation guy? I have no plans of returning to the novel.

Yac78367 likes this.
  13. Dorododo

Dorododo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    asd

Yac78367 likes this.
  14. Dorododo

Dorododo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    have to make 5 posts, sorry