Resolved My mate 20 pro screen just died. *sad face + crying* I have no way to get a screen replace.

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by xiazixin, Mar 1, 2020.

1. xiazixin

xiazixin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My mate 20 screen died, unable to get a screen replacement I'm stuck with no phone to use.
    I just remove the power flex cable, I think that's what its called. as I can't even power off lol.
    while removing the back cover, i think my hot air gun is not hot enough so I some how damage the back cover.... why must back cover made from glass.....guess I have to order a back cover too.

shitty virus... guess i'll live with out a working phone for a while.

2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    This might be too obvious but have you tried removing the display flex cable and then putting it back in? I know my tablet screen dies pretty much once or twice a year and I have to take the flex cable out then plug it back in.

3. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, I could hear the shot circuit noise before I remove the power flex lol. The whole Oled is in IDK how to explain... Green dots with different brightness here with different pixels.... couldn't took an picture.... I lost my DSLR 10 years ago...

4. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Well if you damaged it while removing that is a different story. That said, your screen showing 1 color can still be a loose cable as the signal can end up being corrupted. Of course it can also mean damage, just gotta try.

That said, why did you opt to remove the power flex cable instead of shutting down via power + volume key or whatever it is on your phone.

5. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't remove the screen yet. I only remove the back cover.....
    well My mate 20 survived 2 years of falls and drops with out any phone protection... all raw... the screen is kinda expected it... and I wormit on it last night... due to heavy drinking.

anyway, earlier today, only half of the screen works... or only top 5% of the screen works others all just green pixels with some random colors. at those are at 1 frame per sec.... with green strips.

6. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, that is precisely why. When you drop your device, it causes vibrations that loosens the flex cable. You should first try removing the screen and putting it back in to see if that solves the issue. If you are lucky it might.

7. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    not going to open my screen with triangle pry opener.... I'm more on laptop repairs... I don't have the super ting plastic one... mostly metals ..... i'm not going to do anything before my screen and kits arrives. not going to damage the screen like my back cover lol.

8. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    @lnv I don't have plastic card pry openers. due to the native of my jobs I think...

9. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always used playing cards to open up phones and tablets. It doesn't work with every phone, but it might be worth looking into.

10. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    upload_2020-3-2_0-42-51.png
    500 for $9usd free shipment

11. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    my screen replacement will probably arrive next weeks. hopefully nothing go wrong.

12. xiazixin

Reading List:
    Link
    My phones fix, I'll upload the pictures of process and my complaints later.
    It took me about 3 or 4 hours.... Really I hate flex wire. I hate wireless charging.

Well, I can help newbie translators at translation connor 24/7 again.
    I have being helping out even at 2 or 3 am for the last few weeks anyway.