Spoiler My Second Husband is Desperate and Depressed

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twilight_123, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Emarulde

Emarulde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw to everybody who is deffending James
    this isn't his first rodeo, actually this is his second regression the FL died before, so she doesn't remember, but this is their 3rd lifetime
    And he couldn't do anything again he is just trash he spoiled his second opportunity and FL just didn't let him spoil hers

2. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    3rd? What? ??????? Isn't something wrong here?
    Fl regressed time so it's her 2nd life, and James don't know shit or remember so he will repeat things again anyway.
    If he even remember, he won't let Ophelia suffered like shit duh

3. Emarulde

Emarulde Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He remembers
    I don't remember well how he did it I think it has something to do with his sword idk, but he regressed two times
    In the first timeline FL died before they consume their marriage and in the second one she lives that horrible marriage, FL only remembers the second timeline so this is their third one this dude has regressed time 2 times to save his wife but he couldn't appreciate her in his second opportunity he always came back with his memories btw he is just trash

4. Astellar

Astellar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK I understand but the end result still the same lol. So idc.

The important is now she's happy with Tyrone so what happened before don't matter. Not anymore :blobsmirk:

5. Emma626

Emma626 626 flavors of love, none for you~

Reading List:
    Link
    I like how James and Olivia both wished happiness for each other when they parted in Orsay. That was their Last interaction and even though James wasn't the best husband but he has his reasons. Although I don't excuse some of his behaviors such as his unrequited love towards Olivia and not even confiding her about his feelings. The least he could do was to meet her before going to war but I guess he was a coward and he realized that. Also forcing himself on her... Perhaps because he was never educated on that part and didn't have anyone around him... I feel suffocated about those three mother in laws I can see that he must have felt pity for the godmother and the second wife but sometimes you should make a choice. Is it your dear cruch/wife or mother, it's a hard choice considering the fact that one is the one who gave birth to you and the other is the one you love but let me tell you. If your mothers were so good they wouldn't have made reasons for Olivia to make you choose in that letter she sent... So messed up. James could've been great but he messed up to the point of no return. They weren't meant for each other. No matter how much he tried, they were never able to live together. Such a sad truth. Now I can say James isn't all an asshole but a blunt dummy, a rock or a dimwit. If only he had good friends or family he would have been well. I finished reading the novel and as soon as I reached the side story where he died I felt sad for him. James Parnell may you rest in peace.

6. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Wanna read this so bad but it's so messy.. I hate messy stories :notlikeblob:

honingzoet, DOHere and Emma626 like this.
  7. iamcutest1

iamcutest1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    BRUHHHH he is not trash...u never saw his pov since author never mentioned and also not everyone is brave and cruel enough to leave the war to save their loved ones that too from their mother. There r many ppl dependent on soldiers who fight at border...he cant leave them and go to fl to sooth her. He must have assumed that his mother wont poison her cause they did such act much later. Yes he did wrg to her in her 2nd life. But he made a right choice telling her to keep bit low. He didn't knew that she remembered her past life. He must have hoped that she will stay and wait till he come back from war...but listening to their divorce he ran cause something did go wrg here. She was his wife and no matter how much time it took, she should have at least informed him before taking part in such action. She gave him no choice. If she really wanted to give him another chance she should have straight away threatened him of divorce and see if he gets affected or not. He was toxic but I still think that none of them can be termed as trash or brave or whatever.
    I am not saying that what fl did was wrg but m just saying that he shouldn't be termed as trash by us who somewhat know what his true feelings were

don't mind my broken English

8. Emma626

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not really messy. It's rather funny. The main couple are too lovely. And you have to read when their child is born. Oh god it's hilarious the way Ian's child and statis's daughter have the same exact relationship as their parents. Except the side story where James Parnell dies and the other one which tells how the female lead died in the 2nd life and how her children coped with her death. I felt bad for her two sons who were brainwashed by their grandmother. They didn't understand why their mother who's supposed to be a greedy and lazy woman have so many people grieve for her, Even the empress of the empire. Well I can see why Olivia didn't feel attached to her children. If I was on the verge of death birthing such mfs I would have rather went straight to heaven. The only consistent character in this novel is Romeo such a good friend. In both lives he was the best friend...
    There also was a cute scene in the past life where Olivia goes to the Opera and Ian was sitting next her but he slept so after the show Ian leaves while talking to his aide kenin he tells him that Duchess Parnell is beautiful kenin tells him to marry her then since the emperor would do anything for him but Ian doesn't want to get tangled with a married women especially if she will forced and it starts raining so he looks out of the carriage and send Kenin with an umbrella. For a fact our ml fell for her even in the 2nd life...

Exactly.. I know he wasn't the greatest husband with fluff and all, he's more like old fashioned men and that was the best he could do in an old fashioned society. Even our FL who was his wife felt sorry for him how could you not as a reader sympathize with such character. The biggest asshole was his father how could he marry three women and leave them take care of the child. They can't even take care of themselves...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2022
    mmem, Asya.M, spchntrt and 15 others like this.
  9. BellaReader

BellaReader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The moment we find out that he turns out to be in love with the heroine, we have to forget and forgive what a terrible husband he was... Well, no.
    The fact that he loved her makes the whole situation even worse in my opinion.
    He didn't grow up in the woods. They studied together at the academy. Thus, the way of life in families is familiar to him in general and he must understand the position of his wife. Nevertheless in response to the request of his beloved woman for help, he writes to her to endure and obey MsIL whom he should have known since childhood as not the most reliable, knowledgeable and nice people. So he supported his mothers - okay, it's his choice. But we don't need to pretend that this is normal and this does not make him a trash lover.
    It's often compared to "Honey, I'm Going On a Strike". But Zester immediately gave MC full carte blanche as soon as she asked. I'm talking about the situation with his "childhood friend".
    I don't understand how you can love a person and not feel his unhappiness... three lives in a row... how he can never show his feelings even once... in three lives in a row!!!
    So he is trash.
    He made his wife fear intimacy and marriage. Fear of having children. Inflicted severe wounds on her. And twice did not save from premature death. He treated her like furniture and periodically r*ped her without unnecessary curtsy... But of course he loved her more than life and was ready to die for her... so it's okay... Sorry, but I don't think so.

P.S. Sorry, english is not my native language.

10. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk, I don't think I would find it "funny" for her to suffer 3, lives while his shitty husband can't do shit about it and tells her to "keep enduring" it. My man literally had 3 lives... 3 LIVES!!.. but mf is still blind. I can't- let's just accept that yes, he is shitty. And the fl is dumb for picking him. They should divorced and ended it for all.

Mingxia, Dobokan, Lignin and 10 others like this.
  11. Emma626

Reading List:
    Link
    You messed the point. The book doesn't go into her relationship with him. It's about Ian and her. They get to meet when she sets foot on the Parnell duchy with her father and they have a kind of closure to their relationship. He is an asshole and he didn't get his way at all. FL just wished him happiness not really forgiven him so it's a good ending for him. But it's your choice to read it if you want. FL doesn't get back to him no matter....

mmem, spchntrt, Wapdyne and 6 others like this.
  12. Cand0tz

Cand0tz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those who keeps on defending the first husband because he was drawn so beautifully almost like Riftan in Lucia:
    1) He can't show his love but can force his desires? Are you kidding me? Loving someone is easy compared to r*p*ng!
    2) FL should have sent a letter that she's getting a divorce and was totally unfair for the Ex to have zero information about the break up? Victim blaming much? I mean FL already reached out that she was basically abused by the 3MILs, and asked for support from him with 0 success. Ex should have used his knowledge about the past to take better care of her regardless if she have memories of previous TL or not.
    3) He is trash for forcing himself on her. The letter should have hinted him that FL was willing to try becoming a real couple because she opened herself to him(even without seeing him, supposedly). He wasted that opportunity real quick by signing her over to MILs abuse(which is equal to execution if you ask me).
    4) One doesn't need a POV about a husband leaving a dying wife after giving birth to their child. Period. If he was suffering emotionally because he can't bear to see his wife dying due to pregnancy after the se*ual assault, imagine the wife who suffered literally AND emotionally seeing the husband walk away!
    5) This route is the complete opposite of the other novel where the FL still chose the husband leaving the 2 very good 2MLs. Everybody was bashing her. The husband only liked her because she was showing ptsd signs everytime she sees him which gives him power. He originally didn't like her because he was an insecure prick. In original TL he took another wife and threw a grand party when that wife got pregnant even if she was also heavily pregnant at that time.

13. Emma626

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I quickly ask about number 5, who is it again? Duchess of the glass house maybe?? I think I know this plot but I can't remember

14. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is obviously a great example of why communication should never be expected because it clearly can and does make things *worse*.

I loooooooooove this!

Um but if that's the case, then how is it that levelling the same accusations at both real life and fictional victims, somehow separates reality and fiction? Besides fiction is based on reality, because, y'know, authors pull story ideas from their own real life experiences and not, you know, from... y'know .... Also the other poster was just giving you their opinion the same way you gave them your opinion. Finally I'm reading from you as well that people can't lack empathy towards those they've deemed already lack empathy themselves? Odd.

What you and others who defend James appear to forget is that he had only five years to live left in his third timeline. In his second timeline wasn't it said that it took him 10 years to return from the army? So he really expected his wife to lay low for five years in his third life and then for all the MsIL, including the mother-in-law who poisoned his wife in her previous life, to immediately stop treating her like trash after he died?

Whether or not he knew that one of the MsIL poisoned her, expecting her to just lay low after she sent him a letter detailing the abuse that already happened to her, which she never did in the previous timeline, is abusive in and of itself, even if he had returned from the army before 10 years was up in the current and previous timeline and even, no ESPECIALLY if it was because he didn't believe her. And if he DID know his MsIL poisoned her he would leave her completely vulnerable after his death in five years because he didn't warn her about it! Since if he couldn't warn her about it then he clearly couldn't warn her about it later on. Btw who seriously believes that 'laying low' would solve the problem *especially if they didn't do anything to change this timeline*??

Also from the FL's perspective, particularly, she clearly believed he doesn't know the timeline changed either. So why should she stick around, as she would clearly be reasonable to believe, to be tormented again???

And, again from her perspective, when he died they'd probably treat her worse because she wouldn't have had a baby by then. Or he was planning to return early and the excuse that he wouldn't be able to leave the army that is being used to defend him would be completely null and void?

Also, when the annulment document reached him he certainly had no problems leaving the army post-haste now did he? I mean... whether or not the emperor was pushing for the FL's remarriage, the emperor was still the one who approved it in the first place. So there's no way that a knight who's in the employ of the emperor would be allowed to derelict his duties by trying to protest that that document approved by the emperor was fake now would he? So he must have achieved it by other means which in turn means it wasn't as impossible for him to leave the army as others would like us to believe right?

Finally, why should she have to wait around while being abused more by her MsIL just so he can get the divorce documents before she proceeds? If he does or doesn't agree things would likely turn worse for her yet again, given how long it took him between the time he requested leave to the time he arrived in front of her in this life the MsIL could make her life even more of a h3ll within that timeframe. And in the case he specifically didn't grant it he might not have even requested leave, leaving her even more vulnerable yet again. In any case the idea that she should be forced to endure as the victim is again an abusive idea in and of itself.

Exaaaaaaactly! I hate him more now that I know he supposedly loved her. Why? Because loving someone should give them MORE capacity for empathy not less as it clearly did to him.

And as for 'Honey I'm Going On Strike' I tooooootallly agree!!!!! Zester is and was truly just a completely awkward man. He is my adorkable one!

Last edited: May 15, 2022
    Juslikejazz, Dobokan, Lignin and 23 others like this.
  15. Emma626

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do you think we're defending James?
    I am more than happy to see our FL hundreds feet away from him. I haven't even see how he looks like in the webtoon adap till yesterday, trying to understand a character is different from forgiving them and you clearly missed the point. We don't want James to go back to FL but to redeem himself and become better because that's what a human is. James isn't the ml so why are you all angry, no one here asked for him to be one...

spchntrt, Juliew92, KimLilly and 3 others like this.
  16. Cand0tz

Cand0tz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This one. She's defending James. Why should she explain the details when this is James 3rd attempt???
    Why should she alter her letter? James knew what was happening. He knew his wife was poisoned on the 2nd timeline. Come on, if that be you, you remove the one you love even before the letter came. Having 5 years to live, screw the war. Be living at the farm with the one I love if you ask me. Why waste time???

Mingxia, Dobokan, Lignin and 9 others like this.
  17. Emma626

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you read the book? James doesn't remember until he gets the sword. As soon as he remembers he decides to give up. The 1st life you're talking about was all wars as soon as he came back he finds his wife butchered. So he didn't even meet her, he didn't know anything about her but the unrequited feelings he has for her. In second life he was already in war when he had the memories so he did his best to stay anonymous not to make enemies and not get any praise from war, so when he came back all the ptsd and the memory of his wife butchered. I don't excuse his shitty behavior but you have to understand why he did what he did... No one made you to forgive him.
    The number one problem in this fucking relationship in the 1st place is not the lack of communication but its absence. James fucked up when he married a woman without meeting her and having a conversation with her in the 1st place.

mmem, spchntrt, Zxanna and 12 others like this.
  18. Cand0tz

Cand0tz Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm. Regardless if he regained his memories or not, there are plot holes and sure guarantee that the ex don't know how to love:
    1) he knew the the fl when he was in the academy. If that be me, even if i wasn't on the wedding per se, i would be marching my ass back to my mansion because the empire just given me my dream girl.
    2) he knew his mother and step mothers were trash, heck he grew up with them. Leaving my dream girl at their mercy is considered tolerating the abuse. I've read and watched manwhas where the ML hid their bae just to protect them AND still went on with his business, running an empire and executing monsters.

It boils down to a point where we don't have to excuse the behaviour of someone who is coward enough to love us all the way. At the end of the day, we yearn for someone who will love and protect us. I am sorry if I seem to attack you but I just saw my ex with his sorry eyes only to find him holding hands with a girl who is currently in a relationship with someone. So all my rantings and venom are all against him. Unfortunately for James and you, you became my venue for resentments.

19. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a couple things I'm confused about though with the part I quoted above: where did I say you were one of the ones defending James (I'm pretty sure you're talking to me because you replied just before and after my last post)? I don't remember you saying any of the things that I was responding to in Iamcutest's post. So I don't know why you believed I was including you with my 'and others' remark? As for the part about not being the ML, I'm not sure why one has to be a main character before their shitty behaviour is called out?

There are also a few questions I have with your next post though as well: when the ML remembered when he obtained his sword was that before or after they were married. And if after does that mean in all three of his lives he was the one who requested their marriage? Because it wouldn't make sense if he was assigned marriage based on his birthday in his first life but then requested to get married himself in his next two lives if he didn't remember anything. And because if before then the points we raised earlier still hold up. And he certainly must have remembered by the time the FL sent the letter otherwise it wouldn't make sense for him to suggest she lay low when he has no clue what happened before and when he wouldn't know the first thing about *why* one should be laying low... right? And again if he remembered before that our points still hold up. And I'm not sure how his PTSD is related to doing the same things that he knew hurt her in their previous life either?

luztiq, Laerta, zoefleyl and 8 others like this.