Spoiler My Second Husband is Desperate and Depressed

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twilight_123, Jan 28, 2022.

1. JinxYOU

JinxYOU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then Why does Ian permit her to come to his home tho?? Won't it bother his wife to be

2. Echichichi

Echichichi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers, guys...
    What I can conclude, I'm happy Ian & Olivia have happy ending and I'm glad James got what he deserved but....
    he's so stupid moronic but pitiful at the same time so may he has his 4th timeline to not do what he had done to Olivia to some other woman (don't bother my ship, James!)

Btw for ones who didn't remember the story and said FL didn't voice what she wants, she did voice what she wants (to give her the authority in the duchy, said she's accounting graduated and whatnot to the MILs) in chapter 2 of the manhwa...
    She also wrote letter to duke Parnell in war zone (respectfully at that, read the letter content in chapter 2) and duke Parnell disappointingly replied in chapter 3..
    After her revolution failed, the MILs tormented her (still chap 3) and she then had realization that she didn't need to hold on to duke Parnell anymore...so bubye bubye James...suck your own stupidity ciao! Lol

3. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry I told you the wrong page. The whole plot is summarized in one post on page 5 with spoiler tag “MTL novel spoiler with edit”

4. cyberbae_

cyberbae_ New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know where an English translation of the novel is at? I’ve looked with multiple different names but I can’t find one

5. sssssleigh

sssssleigh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm curious. What happens to the first husband the end of the manhwa? Does he die or find someone else?

6. KristinaMariaSara

KristinaMariaSara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the former emperor hahahaha.
    Ian: “I like the girl”
    E: “ok then marry her!”
    Ian: “she is married”
    E: “no problem, let her divorce” :blob_sunglasses:

What happened to Parnell in the end? I hope he got rid of his 3 mothers…if I had 3 mothers, I would have passed my life in the battlefield

sovokop, june27, FunSmiles and 8 others like this.
  7. Cyzzane

Cyzzane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The emperor is honestly amazing and I appreciate him so far. He's just too adorable.

donaiseiyuu, Echichichi and Yume-sama like this.
  8. Violet_lily

Violet_lily Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes I got it James is pitiful. He just wanted to serve his motherland, her letters to him sound like a spoiled brat, no one taught him how to behave with your wife in bed, he didn't want her to be poisoned so he told her to obey her MILs. Anything else? So here is my point
    1. James got reborn for 3 times. First time he didn't get the chance to understand her. 2nd time she died of poisoning and 3rd life according to you he doesn't know her well. But just think about it, after his 1st life did he try to change at all? He still left her alone to deal with those mils. I am not saying that he should leave the war and stop defending his country but in his second life it was him alone who remembers the memories. Could he not send some loyal subordinates beside her to protect her? Should he not have talked to her even if it was through letter because according to the plot " He saw his lover butchered" And he was traumatized because of this? He did nothing in his 2nd life then how can you expect that he might suddenly become the "Best Husband of this Empire " In his 3rd life?
    2. "About the letter part that makes sound like she is a spoiled brat making unreliable demands " He grew up with those outstanding mothers so he should know what kind of person they are. Also if he really didn't believe her then can't he at least send letter to someone to inquire about it? He didn't do anything or should I say didn't even bother with it. He knew her from academy. She was love at first sight then is it really possible that he doesn't know any damn thing about her like what kind of person she is? He knows her personality so he can easily guess what kind of things she faced in his house for her to send these letters. He has already been reborn for twice and it's not that hard to understand this simple thing.
    3 . She didn't wait for him and make a scandal so that she can easily divorce him. Before her divorce she lived with other man. First of all the moment she was reborn , she was scared shitless. She tried to rebel against her MILs hoping that maybe by doing this she can be treated a little better, but instead she was treated more horribly. She was starved, wasn't given any firewoods, beaten and many more things. If she didn't steal things than she might have been dead even before she can send him these letter because of hunger and cold. She doesn't know that James was reborn too. Still she gave him a chance thinking that maybe if she tells him her problems then maybe he can help her. But he refused her flatly which made her lose all the interest of living with him. Then according to you guys she should have waited till she was half dead hoping that her husband might have been reborn too and will come to help her. So she should stay there and don't think about divorce and continue to take these horrible tortures from her mils because " He may not know anything that is happening in his mansion "? Why should she? It's not like she is in love with him. And even if she loved him it should have faded away in her past life. Then why doesn't she have the right to leave this horrible life behind and look for a new start? She chose Ian because of the rumors of he is infertile, he can not have xxx. Also she won't have to deal with any more MILs. And because Ian is the cousin of the emperor, he can handle her divorce without James. Then why should she feel bad for James and sit in the mansion like a slave doll who doesn't have any opinion of her own?? Moreover after he got to know that mc divorced him and remarried only then he suddenly realized that she is no longer his. She left him without giving him a "Chance".

Love is not enough to run a home. To run a home you need mutual understanding, compromise, trust, respect and the help of one another from both side. Not like only one person giving his/her everything and the other person never fulfilled any responsibility. James clearly failed to give her these then why should she stick to him just because He Loves Her?

Ps. Sorry for my bad english. English is not my first language and also because of reading mtl novels for half a year my language skills have decreased a lot.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  9. kali1

kali1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to say the latest chapter w Olivia and her sister Annie - oh my gosh I'm so rooting for the both of them! So adorbs and it was sweet how the ml asked Olivia to wait on the sisters decision. It's so easy to jump in and take over but if you want to really help others it's best to be support and allow them to make a choice. I know cuz most times I like to take over situations and then realize oh should have allowed them that option too. I'm not wise and realize why generally the smarter older peeps usually seems to listen more...one think they talk more.

That last panel in ch 27 - totally precious.

donaiseiyuu likes this.
  10. Tsukasa55

Tsukasa55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil me about that bastard dad ending? :blobsmile:

11. Yume-sama

Yume-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You writed this wonderfully, I agree every words of yours.

CaelumBlue, daviemae and donaiseiyuu like this.
  12. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad the fl decided to leave that shitty husband. Idc what anyone says, he is shitty for me. I do feel a bit sad for him(like only 2%), but my man had no brain nor common sense to link the dots. "HMMM, my lovely lovely wife was poisoned TL 2 by one of my mother's. Since I'm scared she might die again by their hands, I'll just tell her to suck it up!! Ha.ha.ha."..... My guy.. u could've handled that differently.. like why is ur mothers still living in your castle?? Why did u not move them or move the fl somewhere to "protect" her??? In conclusion.. James is too dumb. He has a rock for a brain. He is inlove with her but didn't care an ounce about her well-being.

Ariary, FunSmiles, ValReads and 6 others like this.
  13. Sadri

Sadri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idc what anyone says, the ex Husband is a scumbag. He raped her. Okay, they were married, but that is no excuse. He is the reason she is afraid of sex, so, no, i don't pitty him at all. He got what he deserved.

Lignin, ValReads, SkyLisette and 7 others like this.
  14. Tsukasa55

Tsukasa55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He is the worst scum of all :blobcurse:.. And she is also afraid because he does it too wild sometimes :blobjoy:

Ariary, SkyLisette, akasugaro and 4 others like this.
  15. AnotherDayAnotherStory

AnotherDayAnotherStory Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    James is like that cold distant trash husband in other manhwas that let his wife get treated like trash and do nothing to indicate that he loved his wife, leave the girl with mental scars and trauma. Guys like james are usually MLs in other manhwas and get no proper redemption and all. What's worse is how easily readers forgive such ML and make excuses for guys like him just cuz they make a sad face or look handsome and FL's trauma should automatically be treated cuz the trash husband actually love her.

Ariary, mmem, Bieedupex and 9 others like this.
  16. Deleted member 424436

Deleted member 424436 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    He is a literal example of trash cz he neglected her and even forced her for having s*x and it left so much trauma in fl's life:mad:.No redemption is needed here thank god ml lead is nice one.

Ariary, donaiseiyuu, ValReads and 7 others like this.
  17. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree what he did was trashy and I would normally hate him.
    But gotta say, the fact that he keeps consuming his life force to return time to save MC does redeem him in my eyes. He does love her and all the mistakes he does is just because he's stupid probably.
    I feel bad for him, not because he doesn't get the girl, but because he continuously sacrificed his life to save MC and ended up dying without letting her know of his sacrifices. At the end of the day, he did what he thought was best and ended up saving MC's life and helped her meet a good ML while he gets nothing and wasted his whole life.

mmem and spchntrt like this.
  18. Elihs

Elihs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, that's a fitting karma for him. MC wasted her life on him too and became miserable. Love and stupidity doesn't excuse r*ping someone and subjecting them to a horrible life. Doing what you think is best doesn't mean it's right. Besides what's the point of MC knowing his sacrfifces? To get pity points? That's like expecting a victim to feel awe and gratitude to their r*pist for saving their life after assaulting them and giving them trauma. What James did is pretty much the bare minimum he could've done to make it up to Olivia for all those lives. I mean he had three chances to redo and still he couldn't do it right on any of them. Meanwhile, Olivia only needed one regression to find happiness and fix her life by abandoning her passive husband and his shitty moms. Yes, him rewinding time gave her a chance at a better life, but it was her own proactive efforts to change her fate that earned her happiness in the end. Not James who wanted her to be a good obedient wife who will wait for him to muck it all up while she gets mistreated by the MILs at their home when she asked him for help.

James death is the result of his own incompetence and poor choices. He chose to keep wasting his own life force when he's incapable of saving her to begin with. Had MC not retained her past life memories things would've ended in failure in the current timeline as well. Seeing how toxic and ineffective his 'love' is to MC, I'm glad he'll never get to subject another poor soul to a miserable fate like Olivia's.

19. iamcutest1

iamcutest1 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well none of the mother was by fl's side and also there was no trustworthy maid by her side as well else she wouldn't be treated in such a trash way to start with. If hubsband were to give her authority, do u think all the three mother would accept that and follow her? They might as well poison her so that when their son comes back home he could remarry into good family.
    It's actually good that he didn't gave her position. When u r surrounded by enemies and u have no power then u shouldn't trigger them instead u should lay low.
    I can't hate him for this reason.
    But yes for he who r*ped her...I hate him for that...he did gave her trauma...
    Also he wasn't aware that FL knew the past so what should he apologize for when the other party involved don't even remember according to him.
    Well we dont know if he did same in 2nd and 3rd timeline. Maybe he protected her only to see her death body...

Don't mind my english...

20. cielcious

cielcious Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    100% agreed. olivia really deserve better, i mean james is a fvckin duke, can't he do better to protect her?? than just being 'she's gonna get in trouble, so i should leave her alone'

he really made me maaaadddd!!!

Ariary and Lignin like this.