Discussion Mystic Messenger (Otome Game App)

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Kikiji, Sep 11, 2016.

?

Who is your favorite character?

1. Jumin Han

15.2%
  2. Zen (Ryu Hyun)

21.2%
  3. 707 (Luciel Choi)

45.5%
  4. Yoosung (Yoosung Kim)

3.0%
  5. Jaehee Kang

12.1%
  6. V (Jihyun Kim)

6.1%
  7. Rika

6.1%
  8. Unknown

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kikiji

Kikiji May or may not be here

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh, oops ^^; I assumed "it" referred to "storyline" for some reason.... I better get some sleep.

2. cassie

cassie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You basically found fujoshi here. But as i like otome game it's bearable.

And this convo is kinda normal so far.

3. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    JuminXZen is a running joke actually. 707 ships them~

Poor_Hero likes this.
  4. cassie

cassie Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is kinda otakuish. Well the settings is internet btw. Acceptable.

5. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm is it comparable to this one?
    Shinobi, Koi Utsutsu
    [​IMG]
    Brief intro, you play as a shinobi girl goin to a shinobi school and you run into the most popular guys in the school. While nervously facing them, suddenly there was a pink light coming from you and affecting them and it made them all enamored of you for a short moment. So then the teacher pretty much said you have to pick guy as your mentor in order to control your power. This review below gives an idea of how it goes tho there may be spoilers, but over all it is a cute game with very likable characters.

https://breadmasterlee.com/2014/03/13/otome-game-review-shinobi-koi-utsutsu/
    part 2 apparently
    https://breadmasterlee.com/2015/08/11/otome-game-review-shinobi-koi-utsutsu-setsugekka-koi-emaki/

6. Kikiji

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I find nothing in common between the two, other than the fact that they're both otome games of course. Everything from the plot, characters, setting, gameplay, etc. couldn't be any more different. And I've never played Shinobi Koi Utsutsu before so I'm unable to personally make comparisons to that particular game. But if you like this game, Mystic Messenger will be a completely new experience for you and I hope you'll give it a try. That's actually one of the factors that made me such a big fan- that MM is totally different from other otome games I've played.

7. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    No, for one thing, the gameplay of MM relies heavily on affection meter. You interact with the characters in a chatroom, unlike the usual otome/vn games. However, there will be visual novels for the character's backstory, etc. but it only appears when you enter someone's route. Your role is a party planner so you will be answering mails from guests, too. What I like the most about MM is that you can CALL the characters.
    The protagonist in MM, unlike most otome games, is entirely YOU. It does not have a pre-defined backstory for the Heroine. The premise that you downloaded an app which made you stumble into a mysterious chatroom makes up for the protagonist's lack of backstory.
    I've only come across one otome game that has playable female route before. MM has Jaehee Kang.
    Anyway, Mystic Messenger is an entirely new experience. You should try it out. :)

Kikiji likes this.
  8. Kikiji

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad someone could put it into words ( ̄▽ ̄). MM is so new and different that I had no idea how to explain so I just summed it all up in two sentences, lol.
    By the way, since your favorite feature is the calling part, do you call often? I do it once in a while but I try to save my hourglasses in case I really need them (><). (Now that I think about it though... I don't think I would mind spending money on this game. That's a first for me ^^.) If they pick up, do they have a different response every time? Or do they differentiate per day or something?

9. Kailyria20

Kailyria20 Perpetually distracted

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm i see, i'll check it out then.

10. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    I bought the unlimited calling card so I can save my hourglasses for Seven. ^^ I wanted to buy the VIP pack but I'm broke. T_T
    You can't call Yoosung during his classes and when he's playing LOLOL, he'll just hang up. Jumin and Jaehee are usually working in the morning. Zen's pretty flexible in his schedule but Seven never answered my calls. ToT
    Just observe what they're saying in the chatroom especially the highlighted ones. Take note of they time they need to go to work/school.
    At the beginning, if you guess the correct meaning of LOLOL, Yoosung will tell you the time he's playing LOLOL(you can't call him at 10PM-4AM) and his classes starts at 7AM.
    The characters are usually free at noon/if they're in the chatroom. I tried this trick, calling them before entering the chatroom and it worked sometimes.
    The first four days are the best time to observe their habits. You can also check their status updates so you will know if they're free or not.
    When you're
    in danger
    they will almost always pick up. But do not call them while
    they're trying to save you/going to the Mint Eye's base.

Kikiji likes this.
  11. Kikiji

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay~! Thanks for all of those tips :X3:.

saekicchi likes this.
  12. sinyueliang

sinyueliang 『World Traveller』『Demon Slayer』『Hinokami』

Reading List:
    Link
    I like Zen's looks but his personality is like ehh... I'm not too into it. I prefer 707 in pretty much all aspects. Jumin is also pretty cute - I'm also an animal lover so that's a plus. I do like Jaehee, but not so much as a romantic interest. I'd prefer if she was like, the cool or cute type in her looks (like say, a black haired glasses beauty or a blonde haired foreigner beauty). I quite like V And Unknown's looks, but I think Zen and 707 beat them in that department (though that's just in terms of my preference).

13. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    Just started playing this and omg 707's day 1 call is so cuuuuuuuute :X3:

Kikiji likes this.
  14. OverlyFriendly

OverlyFriendly I should do something about

Reading List:
    Link
    AHHH
    I FORGOT TO DOWNLOAD IT AT MIDNIGHT!!! :cry::cry:

15. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    There's actually a loophole you can take advantage of in this game. You can change the time of your phone and enter the chatrooms you missed, but only up to 24 hours ago. This doesn't include the chatrooms you missed in Day 1.
    Therefore you can download the app anytime of the day, change your phone's time to 00:00 and get the chance to start the game from the very beginning.
    I only use it for 1-3AM chatrooms though since I feel guilty about it. T_T And anyway, missing a few chatrooms in the first 4 days doesn't really matter but you will miss a lot of info and hearts/ hourglasses.

16. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    I love it when he goes pyororon~~ ♥♥

Kikiji likes this.
  17. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    ah don't remind me *faints*

Kikiji likes this.
  18. dustmite

dustmite On a roll

Reading List:
    Link
    D": accidentally wiped all my saves have to start again.... Only managed to day 3 ;(

19. Kikiji

Reading List:
    Link
    Omg!! That's awful TT^TT. It happened to me once too and I became a bit paranoid. But at least you don't have to start from the very beginning again (><).

20. saekicchi

saekicchi (≧◡≦) ♡

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm glad I finished everything before the latest update~ I pity the current and future players, they have to spend so much/buy the VIP pack to experience a smooth gameplay. I could endure this game's sadistic Hourglass system because I started early. :rolleyes: