Spoiler Mystic Prince | Prince of Myolyeong [Manhwa]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Samona, Feb 23, 2022.

1. GreenCactus

GreenCactus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't anwser in arabic, sorry :blobsweat_2: but I'm also curious about the 3rd prince. I don't think the author gave Yeon the 4th rank for nothing, but so far there is absolutly no sign of him. We just know that he was there at the opening ceremony (no one was missing), he got out of the labyrinth (they all did) and that's all.
    The 5th prince said only 17 of them passed the corridor trial, and he didn't even said what happened to the 3 who didn't. We don't know their rank, maybe the 3rd was part of it? And for what happened to them, maybe they just got stuck in the corridor (the emperor said he might not be able to get out now) and then are considered dead, or maybe they went out and just exited the competition.
    We mentionned it a while ago, but what happens to the loosing princes remain a big mystery. No one talk about it among the current competing generation, and no one talk about the fate of the current emperor's brothers. It's really strange. Maybe they really play their life here, but some princes are so easy going I'm not sure :hmm:

2. Mary7890

Mary7890 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I thought I wrote the comment in English, it was a mistake on my part and thanks for your answer..

I think giving yeon number four has a symbolic or cultural meaning

Hisoka's Hunter Exam number badge bore the number 44. He also joined the Phantom Troupe after defeating one their members, which automatically made Hisoka member #4 in the crew. If Japanese superstitions are to be taken into consideration, this might not be a minor coincidence.

In Japan, the number 4 has been deemed unlucky because the word for "four" is remarkably similar to the word for "death" in their language. Killing is one of Hisoka's specialties, so the number association is very fitting and in manga the most dangerous prince have number 4

I don't know if Korea shares the same idea (that the number four is ominous) with Japan

Yeon--, Yeon Rim, humans and 2 others like this.
  3. mewylve

mewylve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. When you mention about other prince we just find the plot hole... Oh yeah.. Where are they???

Yeon--, Yeon Rim, Mary7890 and 3 others like this.
  4. humans

humans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You got one point wrong, Baekrang didn't say why Biseol didn't become a prince with his powers, rather it was Biseol who thought about why Baekrang decided to become the 1st prince's assistant instead of becoming a prince himself, because during the battle with him at the festival, Biseol realized that Baekrang has divine energy.
    By the way it's strange that Biseol didn't tell Yeon about this, I think it's important information that would have been better told to her. I also wonder why Baekrang didn't tell Doha that Biseol is a half ghost? It's like Biseol and Baekrang decided to hide each other's secrets from their masters, it's cute

I also like your thoughts about the 2nd prince and Hamil teaming up to kill Doha, something like that could really happen. Also I think it will be very difficult for Hamil to go against Doha, he is not like Biseol and Goddess, Hamil will not be able to say or do anything to him, as he will get a brutal response.
    Doha will be a huge problem for him.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    Yeon--, Yeon Rim, Mary7890 and 2 others like this.
  5. GreenCactus

Reading List:
    Link
    I think there will be big trouble at the very moment the others will notice Doha's feeling for Yeon. All the other princes have been looking for a weakness from Doha for centuries, they won't miss it. Especially the 2nd prince, who will be able to kill 3 birds (and big ones) with one stone: he deal politically with Yeon using Biseol, and deal with Doha using Yeon. Hamil is likely to collaborate to get rid of Doha as a rival, but he might regret it a bit when Yeon will get caught in turmoil because of it. I don't think the 2nd will accomodate Yeon for Hamil. Not at all.

mewylve, Yeon--, ikhors and 3 others like this.
  6. humans

humans Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It never even occurred to me, that's a great theory! The 2nd prince will definitely try to get rid of Doha using his only weakness, which is Yeon. Perhaps he will find out that she is a woman and Biseol is half ghost. He will definitely tell Doha about it, and make some kind of condition, or ask him to surrender or he will tell everyone about it. I think Yeon might be executed for deceiving everyone and keeping a ghost with her, this will be considered a horrible crime, Doha realizes that, and to protect Yeon, he will have no choice but to do what the 2nd prince wants, or he will think of something else to go against the 2nd prince's threats, Doha is still a smart guy, he can do something to solve this problem.

Also remember the 2nd prince told the 19th that a brother he trusts very much told him that Yeon takes a bath all alone avoiding his brothers, I'm pretty sure he was told that by Hamil, the two are definitely up to something together.

7. GreenCactus

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot about the conversation between the 2nd and the 19th!
    Now you talk about it, he did mention a trusted brother, but I don't think it's Hamil. At this point of the story I don't see Hamil "selling" Yeon to anyone, should it be the 2nd (maybe I will be proven wrong later).
    I think the 2nd is an astute politician, he must have built a network with some of the other princes like with the 19th and probably Hamil. Let's not forget they were (almost) all raised by a bunch a old foxes who fight and scheme for power non-stop. Some princes have no talent or no interest for it but I'm sure the 2nd is pretty skilled on that point. He probably have a few "trusted brother", should it be for mutual interest or because they are stupid enough (the 19th, clearly).
    On this point I'm afraid Doha is not his match, but I really hope he still does have enough political intuition to not let his feelings known by everyone. If he doesn't, well, disaster is coming...

mewylve, Yeon--, ikhors and 2 others like this.
  8. Mary7890

Reading List:
    Link

When the second prince said something about a trusted brother, I did not think about it much, and there are possibilities:

Either it's Hamil, although I personally think it's a very unlikely possibility, so why would Hamel, who wants to own yeon, tell someone about her habits?

I don't think he wants to know one of yeon's weaknesses especially since he probably knows why yeon showers alone

Another possibility, that it is a common secret among the princes or at least some of them know it and surely the second prince knew it, seems to be quick to notice and good at gathering information and it is not surprising to notice that yeon does not come to shower with everyone and the reason why he said that a trusted brother told him The matter is a cover for manipulating the nineteenth prince, he did not tell him directly to assassinate the fourth prince, he gave him a sleeper and told him that he would help him without uttering frank words, and in the same way he told him about the fourth prince's habit of using a third party (the trusted brother) to make it seem as if the idea of assassination had come From the thinking of the Nineteenth Prince and not from his mental manipulation and incitement.

The last possibility, that a trusted brother actually existed and it might be one of the princes other than Hamel or the second prince might have heard about the yeon habit from the 20th prince who spoke about it spontaneously.

9. ikhors

ikhors [ Servant Of Evil ]

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like re-reading and noticing little things that are secretly connected lmao. chapter 21 the 5th prince points how the labyrinth attacks blindly but yeon literally wrecked it's eyes a chapter or so ago. I think some of the people that survived sort of have yeon to thank LMAO.
    Also I love the relationship between the emperor and his aide so much. They're so funny. "Haha I know you so well" "What do you mean you know me so well please shut up".
    This was an appreciation post and nothing worth looking at but I just AAAAAAHHH, I love them so much

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Here's the side by side comparison of the 12th disciple and the god statue i thought he resembled the most and I think you guys were right or atleast not too far off with the god thing.

Jane168888, mewylve, Yeon Rim and 4 others like this.
  10. Mary7890

Reading List:
    Link
    The relationship of the emperor and his assistant is really entertaining and I love all the couples in this manhwa and their interactions, whether connecting the prince to his assistant or between the princes themselves

my favourites:

1_ Doha and Baekrang

The relationship between these two is really refreshing and a perfect balance between Doha's seriousness and Baekrang's playful nature
    Doha is socially isolated and finds it difficult to enter into relationships while Baekrang is social to the point where he inserts himself into the space of the most isolated personalities like Bisol.
    Despite their constant quarrel due to their different natures, we know that they really care about each other, Baekrang is aware of the bad influence of Doha's teacher on him and says the words that Doha would not dare to say to him.
    On the other hand, Doha accepts to continually fulfill Baekrang's wishes and maybe spoil him on occasion

2_ The second prince and the twentieth prince

From the surface, they seem like two brothers, one of whom is weak and lacking confidence, and the other is the most reliable and calms him down and gives him advice.

It is a dependable relationship where one of the two parties is stronger and has a strong influence on the other..

What makes this relationship interesting to me is the mystery in it, especially on the part of the second prince, we don't know his true feelings for the twenty prince, he seems kind to him despite showing some kind of unpleasant looks towards him at times
    The twentieth prince also, in the path of possibility, we know that in part of his heart he thinks that the second prince is tired of him and that he considers him a burden, inside the second prince also he thinks that the twenty prince doubts his intentions or maybe it is a reflection of his hidden desire to kill the twentieth prince and despite that In the end, their confidence in the nature of the other overcomes those doubts. The twentieth prince trusts that his brother will not say anything with such cruelty (I'm not sure of this really) and the second prince trusts that the twenty prince is too naive to hate anyone.
    A complex relationship between trust and suspicion, and it seems that their relationship is still developing...

3_ yeon and bisol

Although they are two of my favorite characters I can't say the same about their relationship, although it's still interesting, it's characterized by negativity and a bit of communication.
    Both sides have their own problems
    Bisol is isolated, suffers from low self-esteem and is accustomed to contempt and believes that he is not worth anything. On the other hand we have yeon who clearly has difficulty understanding other people's emotions and does not understand the consequences of her actions and words on others...

Because of Bisoul's low self-esteem, he considers having feelings for yeon a sin and betrayal, and this makes him put barriers between himself and yeon because he fears that his approach will lead to unimaginable consequences.
    On the other hand, it seems that Yeon doesn't like Bisol's submissiveness, she might wish that he had more relationships and other interests, and she once said to Doha, "Bisol, although he is a good man, his submissiveness makes him a bit boring."

They both have a problem communicating and this is not healthy for their relationship despite their great interest in each other and the similarity of their circumstances.

4_ Emperor and his assistant

They are an inverse relationship to that of Doha and Baekrang, where the prince is the fun part while his assistant is more serious, but because of the different status, the dynamic of their relationship is different.

5_ The Fifth Prince and Eighth Prince

I don't have much to say about their relationship, I find their interactions interesting
    The moody one and the other person he puts up with, I want more about their relationship

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022
  11. Yeon--

Yeon-- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually it's the opposite, biseol said that about baekrang

The last one I suppose is the true one

Mary7890, ikhors, GreenCactus and 3 others like this.
  12. Mary7890

Reading List:
    Link
    Thoughts on the end of the story:

I was also wondering about the end of the competition for the throne, I hope yeon wins and I don't want her to become an emperor's wife, that would be frustrating, though there are indications that the first prince has a higher probability of winning, it has been said that historically the first prince has always been the emperor

He appears to be the most powerful of all princes in terms of both magical powers and sword skills, and enjoys the highest support as the biological son of the current emperor.

Doha is a great character and I don't want to see him lose either..

With the possibility that yeon will not become emperor, what is her alternate ending?

As I mentioned before, I don't want her to end up as a wife like in romance novels, where men win war, power, and glory while women gain eternal love and absolute devotion from the most powerful man in the universe.

I can't accept this ending which is an insult to all of yeon's efforts and the cause she represents..

What yeon wants isn't love or emotional gratification, despite the harshness of her life she received love from her mother, we don't find yeon complaining about not getting love so making a romantic ending as satisfying would be really ridiculous, this would be a happy ending for Doha and not a happy ending for yeon

What yeon suffered from was belittling and torturing her because she was born a female and that she can't have power and status because she is a girl, I hope the story doesn't ignore this point.

I prefer the ending where yeon dies chasing the throne rather than the ending where what you get is the love of the man yeon lost to him.

Another alternative ending is that Yeon will not become the Emperor of the Human world but something much greater..

There are hints like yeon's origins and the fact that she has the appearance of a gods and possesses one of the seven magical powers..

We don't know why, but I guess it's because of the different distribution of power between gods and humans

The gods represent the origin of the divine powers, and perhaps each god has one absolute element, perhaps there are seven gods and each of them possesses one element of the seven magical powers, such as the god of fire and the god of the moon.....

And the gods combined these elements and threw them into the human world, and for this reason princes are born with different proportions of the seven powers, but they remain at the level of humans and do not rise to the real powers of the gods

An explanation of yeon's disease is that her human body is unable to deal with the fiery powers of the gods and maybe yeon will end up going to the realm of the gods and becoming a ruler there just as Bisol left the ghost world and broke through the barrier to the human world so maybe yeon can move to the realm of the gods..

With her powers as gods, she might change the system of the human world that is unfair to women. If we recall yeon's past, the reason women were treated so badly, is that men made up the workforce and every family was waiting for a male child to become a prince, it seems that magical powers are only for men and that's why Women have been abused as having no value, with her new location, yeon will be able to change this reality by giving women like men powers and blessings and this will further contribute to not treating females with contempt as a result of their lagging behind men in abilities..

This will be a wonderful and satisfying ending as yeon ends up not only fulfilling her dream but also changing the lives of all women for the better.

The issue of the story will be more profound, as the righteous god who saved mankind by giving them magical powers was not quite so, his unjust distribution of divine powers led to the suffering and violence of half of humanity..

Then it happened that the powers of the gods were incarnated within a human female, from that side that was persecuted and tortured and one of the thousands of victims subjected to violence who rises not only to save herself but to save all the women from what she has been through

13. mewylve

mewylve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    CMMIW.

I forget which chapter that Yeon enter labirin and burned the statue of the god along with the water..

That chapter had a scene that her master smile when one of his disciple asking him something...

If the theory that her master is one of the god, maybe that is the hint...

Yeon Rim, humans and Yeon-- like this.
  14. Yeon--

Yeon-- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The last one I suppose is the true on
    I had the exact same theory that she will become greater but i didn't want to get my hopes high hhhh but it's so lovely to see a great fan expressing their theories.... I'm honored

15. Yeon--

Yeon-- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a crazy imagination but don't laugh hhhh
    What if celestial stars are actually women and yeon grandma is one of them she is the ruler but her daughter aka yeon mother fell in love with a human so much to the point she was misused by him and gave birth to yeon who ended up becoming one of the 7 stars like her grandmother ( let's say she was mad so she didn't let her daughter aka yeon mother get that throne because of her stupid feelings for that useless human)
    Let's say that the stars can make a soul just like them to get the throne after them without having to get useless feelings and suffer and without getting married and having kids
    And yeon since she has a human body and the soul of a star is suffering, and why is that is because the power wants to destroy the human body so yeon can be what she is ment to be, and it's just a painful process sadly
    I loved imagining this hhhh what if yeon end up knowing her origin and getting her rightful throne and role over all realms and over the other 6 stars too like her grandmother,
    please don't laugh I know I have a wild imagination but don't judge me hhhhh

Lets say nahora is a divine and was assigned to protect yeon until she is ready for the next chapter of her life

Let's also say that yeon mother was punished, her power was taken from her because of her blind love so her look changed and didn't have black hair but yeon got the hair as a symbol of the star of flames

mewylve, Flaka_, ikhors and 4 others like this.
  16. Mary7890

Reading List:
    Link

Great theory and better than mine ...

The problem is that yeon's fucking dad isn't the type to fall in love with, I can't imagine that idiot managed to take the heart of a god

yeon's mom too, even if she lost her powers, she would have taken too much pride in her not accepting her husband's violence or asking yeon to apologize to her father when she didn't do anything, she just seems like a miserable poor woman used to accepting patriarchy.

It would be appropriate if the punishment was to not only lose her power and position but also her memories and be banished from the Realm of the Gods forever.

I liked the theory, especially the part that stars can create souls like themselves and that a star's soul is trying to destroy yeon's human body.

mewylve, Flaka_, ikhors and 3 others like this.
  17. Yeon--

Yeon-- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's also say that yeon mother was punished, her power was taken from her because of her blind love so her look changed an
    You are correct maybe she lost her memories , the author will hit us If he or she finds the forum we spoiled the whole manhwa hhhhhhhh

I loved The idea of her losing her memory

mewylve, Flaka_, ikhors and 4 others like this.
  18. Mary7890

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Is there a possibility that yeon's sister is alive?
    Looks like she had black hair like her sister

mewylve, Flaka_, ikhors and 3 others like this.
  19. mimi1091

mimi1091 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    preach it!

mewylve, Flaka_, Yeon Rim and 3 others like this.
  20. Yeon--

Yeon-- Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I loved The
    I love this too, what if actually they tried to get women to have celestial powers before sending them to the human realm but because of the instability of their emotions they will destroy everything, so maybe they didn't give women powers because they fear how strong and destructive they can be

No she had brown hair and she died nahora told yeon that her sister is out of breath and she knows it that's why she cried

mewylve, Flaka_, Yeon Rim and 2 others like this.