"NASA just announced several bounties to improve its FUN3D software "

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Hallow Cause, May 6, 2017.

1. zzz

zzz .

Reading List:
    Link
    kinda useless, unless the whole world are included, otherwise quest with shitty rewards like this will often pop up.....

2. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    well im just motivated, not gonna do it anyways since i have neither time not money to start something like that sadly, but IF i did it naturally I'd try to grow it into something big and international (though im a failure in that sort of things teehee~ )
    and even if the whole world was included, unless one hast the stuff to check each and every request there would always be shitty ones like this or even worse "you get experience" kinda stuff <.< when thinking about it its kinda like freelancing work no? XD

3. DJK13

DJK13 [NUF's DJ][Ruler of Nightmares] [Keeper of Dreams]

Reading List:
    Link
    Count me in if you are making said guild....
    I have several years experience working on HTML, CSS, Java, Javascript, PHP and dabbled a bit in XML.
    I've also dabbled in recent years with some Wordpress backend (not translating/translators, but regular companies)...
    Are there any other fields that need to be filled regarding the guild?
    I guess I can classify myself as a mid D-level in skill rankings....
    Same for networking. I have several Cisco certificates for networking....

4. StormHawk

StormHawk I’m Back To Drop Bombs

Reading List:
    Link
    Who launched a satellite in the last couple years? It's clearly not NASA and yes they made way more than them from the launch.

5. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heh, a programming guild. For some reason though, I don't think it'll work that well, though the idea itself sounds fun. If it's a guild with rewards, sites like Freelancer.com and oDesk.com exists. They're practically the place where you could go and post a "quest" with reward.

Anyway, if NASA also posted it on Topcoder, then they're safe. There are people there who would take up this kind of challenge for free, just because they think it'd be an interesting challenge.

6. blackhawkrider

blackhawkrider Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is not like that it has to be restricted to programming right? Also, creating a real life "guild" can benefit the jobless people who has potential to solve the "quests" and at the same time, "quest givers" can benefit by getting a different types of ideas that are "outside the box". The "quest givers" can also benefit by paying a one time "reward" for the solution and not have to pay a fixed salary.

7. Truerror

Truerror Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it doesn't have to be limited only to programming. In that same vein, both Freelancer.com and oDesk.com are both not limited to programming. They have gigs for writers and artists too (don't know much about oDesk, but Freelancer does, at least).

That said though, a for-fun guild entirely made up of NUFian, for the NUFian, where you pay with NUF currency (yes, "currency", because saying it makes me sound smart) would be fun. We can make up an entire section on the forum just for this. :cool:

blackhawkrider likes this.
  8. Dupe2718

Dupe2718 Dragon God

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish my rank was high enough to accept this quest.

Alas, I'm only an F rank noob.