Spoiler Need a reply ASAP (record of a mortal’s journey to immortality)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by josh_15, Jan 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slyin

Slyin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well i dont have any particular in mind, just go to a book store (online preferably) and search for fantasy books, get the most popular ones regardless of dates, try to see if you can get them in PDF or EPUB (for free or not i leave it for you to see), and have a good read. Honestly i'm just reading easy novels to get a break and try new genre, something between a book and a manga, for free (reading a lot so that point can matters) and to top it off i'm improving my english (not my native language).
    But i wouldnt give more than 5/10 to any light novel when i could give a 9 or 10 for a book, so just go for it mindlessly there is plenty of books to read and fun to have, lately i read "The Lies of Locke Lamora", i good change since it has not a lot to do with fighting... just an exemple in passing !

Arcturus likes this.
  2. Dizzcity

Dizzcity Watching generations of fans rise and fall away

Reading List:
    Link
    For fantasy novels featuring a hard-working hero without much assistance, the first thing that comes to mind is the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher. In a world full of people who can summon elemental spirits called furies, a fury-less youngster has to struggle to survive as he grows and move up the ranks of society.

Another good series is the "Empire" (a.k.a. Mara of the Acoma) trilogy by Raymond E. Feist and Janny Wurts. A young woman inherits rulership of her noble House after her father and brother die in war, and must scheme and struggle to keep her House alive against political and military enemies, in an honour-bound society similar to Japanese samurai clans. Think Daenerys Targaryen without dragons... just sheer wits and courage.

Jarrow and Arcturus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.