Need Help with Synopsis

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by GDLiZy, Oct 31, 2019.

1. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Like any cynical and self-critical author, I came back to my old creation and found them to be absolutely disgusting not up to my standard. So, I decided to slowly rework everything up by slowly editing the old chapters into comprehensible literature until I hit the point where I found it understandable and acceptable.

But, being a lazy-ass writer, I can only write so much in a day of procrastination. So, the first thing I did today was trying to fix my nonsensical synopsis that did not reveal anything about my fiction and theme. ( Generic CN synopsis that showed nothing ).
    Living life as a mortal, having a stable income and family love. Everything was going great for him, his life was filled with happiness and satisfaction.

He had a lovely wife and a cute daughter who wished to be like him. His life had purposes, his life had meanings.

But fate was never a benevolent force, due to predestinated destiny, his ordinary life was forcefully snatched away by the supernatural force above mortals’ control.

How could he live peacefully in this chaotic world where strength reigned supreme?
    However, as I wrote, I found writing a good synopsis to be very challenging and is in need of a helping hand.

I had come up with 3 separated synopsises that had 3 different purposes, and I wanted you guys to help see if any of them is at least mildly interesting.

After destroying his peaceful life with his mistake, Forus Ander came to learn about the existence of the monsters who forfeited his wife's life and took his daughter.

As he died trying to find the whereabouts of his daughter, an unknown being bestowed him a second chance.

Having nothing except his fading memory, Forus desperately chased his final desire. However, unbeknownst to him, a greater scheme was moving behind his footsteps.

Wandering between reality and illusion, Forus found that every coincident might not be as it seemed.
    In his journey along the path of endless reincarnations, Forus Ander continued to chase after the fading silhouette of her. However, by doing so, he began to unravel the truth behind the curtain of the world.

But, as he trod the unknown path, he began to question the difference between reality and illusion.

Was everything predestinated? Would there ever be an answer?
    It is said that death was the end and the salvation, and life would begin anew, pure and simple.

Though, to Forus Ander, death was merely a short rest. In his second life, he harboured his past regrets and attempted to bring an end to it.

However, as he began his journey anew, he gradually bore more weight on his heart, without any chance to success any of them.

As he continued to shift between life and death, his soul slowly withered while staring at the truth of the cold reality.

Could he put her back together before he shattered himself?

2. ZhypherMU

ZhypherMU Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhhmm... If you don't mind on my own opinion~ Based on synopsis that I have been seeing the ones that attracted me is when they simple gloss over the things that is in the novel with out giving too much limelight to the MC at the beginning because it leads me of thinking of typical cliches that may happen and so on •-• On my perspective giving the rough scenario of the story + 'a loving father' in the end or something can piqued my interest

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Arash1 likes this.
  3. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tell them that it’s a historical bl and watch the views come

4. Galooza

Galooza The One True Walapalooza

Reading List:
    Link
    There's one thing you can always trust, a good story is interesting without ever feeling cheap. The storytelling from your plot synopsis makes me want to read while the others almost feel like they're calling out to me like a desperate vendor. Using genre or drama as a pull-in feels so paint-by-numbers.

5. Sproutling

Sproutling We are the Sproutlings

Reading List:
    Link
    After careful read and by process of elimination, the first plot oriented synopsis is better. By the way...
    Second sysnopsis is too short, didn't feel like mystery or romance themed.
    I think the third sysnopsis is gray... The tragedy must be written dark.

P.s : the second and third synopsis feels forced because of last sentence with question mark.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  6. Authornim

Authornim Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am stuck with my own sypnosis,no comment. Hehe...