Recommendations Need MC that uses brain.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Pandamonic, Jun 6, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, he has a plan, that he helped create and that he constantly updates and adjusts based on circumstances. And how does having a plan disqualify you from being someone who uses their brain anyway? Isn't that one of the primary prerequisites? There are tons of MCs that, in his situation, would have gone HULK SMASH at everything in sight until their plot armor made it all work out somehow, you never see him do that. If he's brutally attacking something or someone, its because he has a reason to do so and as close to a guarantee of winning as he can possibly manage before he strikes the first blow.

Also, comparing him to Nie Li isn't really fair since Nie Li mostly operates based on his emotions and his surety that his plot armor is thicker than anyone else's. There's very little that they have in common.

2. Demintika

Demintika Dragon

Reading List:
    Link
    So this MC literally use brain to smash?

3. anhrefn

anhrefn [NTR Sect Leader]       [True Ancestor]

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Pandamonic

Pandamonic [The Great Swimming Panda]

Reading List:
    Link
    crude.

5. Takumi168

Takumi168 『Forever Alone Guild』『Boredom sect』『Merchant』

Reading List:
    Link
    its just my opinion but somehow i see hansoo and nie li overlapping. to say nei li act purely on emotion is wrong and to say hansoo act totally without emotions is also wrong. so they overlap just a touch. having a plan and tweaking it as you go along isnt what thinking protagonist is. rather than having a plan im much more incline towards ttnh style if youre talking about thinking protagonist. they have to go through the pros and cons of their action and deduce future events. reincarnartor has too much of a butterfly effect
    remember the mad dog? he killed him then someone revived him.
    he's changing the future while ignoring the events around him and deals with it as he goes isnt what id call a thinking mc.

6. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? Killing that guy WAS necessary given the casuality of leaving him alone. I believe the butterfly effects are secondary compared to that, but Hansoo does follow through and made sure the other guy wasn't as destructive in the second time around. As for Nie Li, I just don't see him compromising, just mostly 'didn't go as planned?Then, off with their heads!' and then the plot armor.

Yeah, I'm probably biased, but Reincarnator just have that awesome impression for me that TDG don't.

7. Takumi168

Takumi168 『Forever Alone Guild』『Boredom sect』『Merchant』

Reading List:
    Link
    They both feel the same for me the reason I like tdg more is because of the Dao haha love reading about the cultivation breakthrough and understanding of the dao.