Spoiler Need some spoiler for Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Xiao x2, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Megiddo

Megiddo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does he complete any more of the class released quests. Is does says it has the power to change the continent.? Except his items his class also becoming OP?

2. jdm

jdm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will the next Pope be part of Overgeared Guild? I think he ows grid a favor for helping him unlock his class in the corrupt pope arc

Edit: info i got on the recent trans chapter, Agnus the rank 7th is the guy that owns the Lich Mumud mentioned in the earlier spoilers that might be the most powerful player. Atfirst I thought it was Kraugel but he has a swordclass.

Euphemina mentioned that Agnus class might be a Lich that is an epic growth type thats why she cant copy his skills.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  3. M4rcosR3is

M4rcosR3is Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He have a few ones; the quest where he build's the magic hands with the special mineral; the end of legendary hall; and some minor events that allows him to unlock new class skills in his training, some of them are direct linked to Pagma's and this is why when i talked about legendary class at the started and i have mention of those so called "events", it seems that the game push the player who have the class or in this case the "setting" , to complete those things; for example when MC receives his territory; later on there is a mention that the reason he received that territory in specify was because he had a connection to pagma's, and pagma's was the one who put the doppelganger that is direct linked to that city(new city of the mc) as we will read it later and the MC learned 2 new skills for his class , if someone other went there and killed it, it implied by the author that he would lose those skills until a similar "event" linked to his class had show again and if he keep losing it he would cripple his class . so this is why i called those "minor" events, class related events,and wrote about "heir" type legendary classes and so on on my previous spoilers.
    the class always have being OP because of the ability to wear all items, in the future even the penalty would be gone as well ; this is the Opness of a blacksmith class in comparison of other legendary classes ; and i believe it's enough he can even use class specialized items , everyone who played Mmorpgs knows the importance of items, and the difference between even 30-50 levels items, in the game Grid uses items that are even 100 level highers than he suppose to be able to use , and a few ones like "failure" for example that have requirements that far exceed the normal category and thus the power is far greater than the one represented by levels and this become clearer once you read the novel, he is not killing those guys at the start or raiding some bosses because he is good, but because he can use extraordinary items, and later one he becomes "fine" but still have OP items, another aspect that in my opinion i already wrote before is that what allows grid to be able to be a figther more than a normal higher level craftier is that he received his class too soon,even the game mentions it. where everyone is still at baby steps, so this allowed him to fight at even higher grounds and gained a lot because of it , in the form of tittles; mineral and so on, if not, he would be able to fight yes, but he would not be at the TOP like he is now. like i wrote before: the main difference between a higher end player and normal player is titles, and since he got it earlier, it allowed him to really get some advantage .

No he will not join the guild ; Damian will become grid's friend, Advisor(lauel) will request of him to keep things neutral in public since it would benefit more grid's ruling, and his own as pope. but he always fails to do so in the interview so every one thinks that he is grid's fanboy, but is not, he is simple a honest guy.

About agnus; everyone thought that he was a lich; but his power far exceeds that of the lich; it have in fact being confirmed that he is the contractor of baal, by the novel; but like i wrote there is no mention if this is main class,secondary class, or even a tittle but the important fact is; his powers comes from it, not for if is a lich/necromancer or not; the ability to have murmud for example is direct linked to contractor of baal and this is why i wrote before that when i write about contractor of baal it was for us to read it as class, even if there is no confirmation of it yet, because is the most reasonable guess so he is not "only" a lich.

there is multiple standard of power in my opinion for example: you may be defeated even if you are stronger because the situation allows so, for example Euphemina; given the right situation and enough time she can accumulate enough spell that would even allow her to destroyer a country or anything you may think in the game, if she can unleash it of course, but this makes her the strongest? even if she can in theory she can win against anyone? with the right preparation? for me is a NO!, the preparation and situation itself does not allow her to take the tittle of strongest.

for me Agnus is by far the strongest as lasted chapter, why is so? i'm gonna try to explain the scene because even if we compare kreuzel with it but this of course does not mean that Kreuzel would not win against him in a pvp match or something like that it can Win of course because the nature of agnus class is not for pvp, as necromancer/lich/contractor of baal, he have a army of undeads that is fair too powerful but his main body itself is still a wizard type class, when he showed his power he was fighting grid with his main body + normal undead+ 1 death knight ; was using his death knight's and liches against Ares and his main top players; and he was still having the Upper hand most of the fight; he was even toying with grid most of the fight; but once grid made a successful surprise attack and directed his attention, he depleted grid's Hp and immortality in one move so Ares made his players protect grid and they entered in a stalemate on the fight again because the death knight's/liches went back to fight them and not grid; at this time to break the stalemate he summoned Murmud and the quest started like i wrote before but as i wrote before Brahma is a more focused battle mage, so grid/brahma was having the upper hand against Murmud in a direct fight , until Pairo came and dropped his ultimate on agnus which killed him in a surprise attack until he used his similar resurrection skill and started to fight again and again it became a standstill without no one be able to win.
    Pairo came because Agnus and his necromancers friends was owing all the alliance with Agnus alone fighting all the upper hand players of the alliance that was something they wanted they had before make announcement to the world saying that they would do so , they wanted to show agnus power to the world to create a new powerhouse group for them, so the advisor requested Pairo to move there to support grid because if grid lost on global network television, would be a huge downside to the kingdom, the worst part of this all; is that Grid asked Euphemina to let him fight Agnus first,because he wanted to know where he stand against him (dah! at this point in the novel grid is already a training maniac, and wanted to test his power against him ), and she in preparation to her legendary quest had accumulate months of higher grade spells/skills and was ready to unleash month's worth of them in Agnus/murmud so she could became a legendary wizard herself but in the end they failed because Pairo showed up and ended everything before she could do her part thus Grid selfishness paid a bigger price; that was the perfect moment to let Euphemina unleash her class and even more she would become a legend at that moment that would bring fair bigger fame to grid's kingdom and guild, i can understand that he did not know that Pairo would show up and help them and thus making the fight a standstill again , but in the end is not a excuse to not let Euphemina unleash herself at the start, it would be the wisest choice of them all after all.
    But the reality is that Agnus lost!(as he choice to retreat since once Pairo showed up, the fight went back to a standstill and he already had died once so retreat was the best option ) but he was fighting grid with 30% or less of his forces all the time a grid that was fighting with his all; and was just a little weaker than Kreuzel at his peak level (because at this point in time kreuzel was already became a legendary class and thus had his level reset 1).
    he was in fact fighting grid+Ares + some of top players of Ares army and still had normal undead attacking the army; something is fair above than any other player is capable of doing so, part of this is because of the nature of his class and exactly because of the nature of his class that is a "mage" is possible also to win against him if you do a bigger enough attack in a surprise fashion like Pairo's, since it have lower health/defense and so on, so yes by what i read and because what he can do and the way the author wanted to portray him he is by fair the strongest player in lasted chapters, but of course not a immortal one.

Tuque likes this.
  4. jdm

jdm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So the golden hands from the cover will finally show up huh, will they act as extra hands and help in blacksmith and combat?
    If yes he can finally mine and fight at the same time against or wield all of his swords like General Grievous Haha.

What a bummer for Euphemina being denied of Legendary class, will she ever become one?

5. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    at first he will make simple hands, that can not do anything; there will gonna be 5 of them, but they are a failure; so he will log off and study anatomy of hands, muscles and so on, to get a better compression of how a hand works; then he will come back and re create it, this time the material only allowed 4; they will be exclusive blacksmith items, grown type item; they will regain 30% of the users stats like strenght-dex-agility, and once it grown to a new rank, the value will increase, is suppose to use 100% of the user stats at legendary rank , but is not there yet as later chapter is only at rare-unique if i'm not mistaken.
    then he will build 4 legendary hammers, that focus on accuracy; since there is no point in having hands if they can not target anything/attack anything because of lack of status/mc control ; so he build's the hammer with focus in accuracy in hope that the system will allow the hammer to by pass their weakness (lower status-mc ability to control them effective ), and work by themselves since they have the system correction of accuracy. the hands already have a passive effect of 30 or 50% accuracy (do not remember the base value), since it was a item intended to have accuracy ; then once he upgrade it it will grown until 100% at +10, he used a super expensive upgrade stone that can increase +1-3 in upgrade and 0 decrease in level once failure, since he NEEDS the hammer to have accuracy so he have brought those super expensive stones and after using all of them, at the last one the hammer was simple +7 and went +10, so it got 100% accuracy rate(only one) and became the captain HAND, all the others are at +5+7 with 60-70% accuracy if remember it correctly thus the hands became a lethal weapon because of the game system that allows 100% accuracy items to land hits unless the user have special evasion type status to go against it and without doubt the strongest and highest potential item that mc every made so far.
    later on as well; once he complete some blacksmith quest special quests (once he completes 10-15 legendary items and so on ), he will gain some abilities that will combo with hands as well.
    trivial information: Grid will use his 4 golden hands+ Noe+one new pet as his mining bot, when he goes to mining;
    Noe keeps complaining about it all the time but is still mining with his cat pawns ; as well. hahah
    Euphemina did not failed the quest; the quest will last forever since she still have the book!; they just lost their better opportunity to complete it; since Agnus and Murmud was right there, in front of them and mostly important Murmud was weaker; and Agnus was there in a way to show his power to amaze people in a way to build a new User powerhouse; just like the MC is; Ares is: kreuzel is as well; so we can expect that the next opportunities would be fair worse than now . but again the author will write new opportunities without doubt even more since Murmud quest to become a legendary wizard is linked to Brahma soul being killed; so they will meet multiple times until one of them get the legendary, be it Murmud or Euphemine,.

Tuque likes this.
  6. jdm

jdm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't pavranium remoldable? the first pavranium he go,t he change them from disc to plates to needles.
    Or the material of the hands are a more special?

That's good to hear that she still has other opportunities to become a Legend.

Now you just made me more curious haha

Btw off-topic I think I have a theory about "Grid's clone" in Hell (still cant get over the clone, so much possibility here), maybe in the future he will be able to tame it? and Grid can make the clone his double for multi-tasking (imagine having a legendary blacksmith clone as assistant in smithing) or can do political stuff in the Overgeared Kingdom, while Grid is grinding (if the clone has a good AI).

7. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    Lauel received the title of duke/prince and is the one who Administer everything in the Guild/kingdom, Grid only do what he is suppose to do: Make items and play the game, since as long he is famous and keep being famous, the guild/kingdom would also benefit of it, i would not call him a figure head, since he does what he can do, and let the ones who are better do what they can do better, just like should be in a ideal setting.

The first 5 hands, are made in the form of a HAND , but it did not work because are a item in the FORM of a hand, not a HAND. at the second time, he MADE a HAND , he studied anatomy muscles bones and thus recreated it in the game with all his dex status to be a REAL HAND(with the help of the system that gave a quest related to it it gained "life") , thus used more material and more details than simple doing something in the form of a HAND! and because of that only 4 are made.

Lauel is the one who does the JOB as administrator of everything, not Grid.
    As blacksmith; the MC already have a army of blacksmiths (a little more than 30) all of them in advanced ones plus a lot more with middle-low ; he trained them and kidnapped(willing of course) the ones from the new continent, as blacksmith King, of course he would create policies and develop the kingdom in way linked to it; and this started once he received his territory since them he have being training a army of blacksmiths with numbers alone, it seems that he already have fair more than any other kingdom in that side of the continent.
    (personal opinion )>
    About the Clone i do not believe he will be able to tame it,after all even if he is not a human per si, he is still made in the form of human image and to be "human" and thus we would be entering on the slavery circle if he were to "tame" it like you mention and in this stance even make friends because the stance of his birth, grid killed him ^^, but the novel never stated where pagma's really is, as per his deal with baal he was suppose to become his pawn and because of that we can accept that he is in HELL or at least went there a few times , so if i could guess would be that his clone would take his quests/events linked to the class in HELL, since if Pagma's is there or went there , there should be a event or something like that linked to it just like the previous ones in the normal world and thus evolve past the simple "killing machine" so we would expect to have the subplot of "killing machine" discovering "human feelings" and thus becoming human trope with him, would simple make sense in the narrative, but this in my opinion if ever happen should be lead by Yura because was i wrote hell is ruled by iron first by the 33 demons, so if we can expect in the future to have a mix hell-normal human interaction not in the form of killing each other , should be reserved to the one who is truly in HELL and have a connection to it, maybe this could even bring a new "event" linked to the previous demon slayer since she went to hell for more than 100-200 chapter already, if someone is gonna to form a alliance HELL X HUMANS or have interaction with his "clone" would be the demon slayers because of the setting , this would also be a good opportunity for her, to learn/create her own path as legend than simple follow in the slaughter of the previous legend.
    Since as i wrote before the only one who seems capable to enter hell is still Yura;again no one found the entrance, maybe she can take a few people with her but the novel never add this detail as the chapter i read.
    Something who is also doing similar is Kreuzel, he is not following the path of normal legend, like Grid is doing trying to follow the path of previous one or seek power/information by it like looking at the hall of the legendary heroes and so on ; there is mention that he is seeking heroes/historical figures in the setting (game) and challenging them to gain new skills/abilities/titles from them he got this idea after seeing and training with Pairo, the last mention of him in the novel is him challenging a Spear Hero named NPC, that only appear in the temple of a forgotten god/kingdom (is not clear that the kingdom is forgotten because it was destroyed or is the god that is forgotten) , probably the NPC is also a legend that is forgotten, the game also give hints of this, Like Murmud and so on, the world is vast and as we have seen with the new continent, there is barrier called distance in play, if someone is a hero in one part of the continent, does not mean he will be in the other, if there is no one to spread their "feat" to the world, who would know about them?, so being a" legend"(as in power) does not mean that you are know by everyone as legendary!.
    you can still have the power of a legend without being KNOW as legendary but once you are know and do the legendary "feat" and gain the recognition you gain that two abilities; immunity to debuff + 5 sec immunity after death.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    Tuque likes this.
  8. dionit

dionit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Got a few questions:
    What legendary class did Kreuzel get?
    Is Braham's soul still attached to Grid in the latest chapter?
    Since Grid can obtain his skills, can he become a legendary mage as well?
    What type of blacksmith skills does Grid obtain later on? Does he ever master the ones he has already?
    Does he still use the pope's armor? Since he has only made two myth items and the armor is legendary I guess the armor is still good enough?
    What are his four hands used for? Does he just give them the hammers and use them to whack the enemies?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  9. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    The translation did not give a good name is something with ghost; but is a swordsmantype one, by the description and the skills is like i wrote before, seems to imply that is a simple new swordsmantype class that he created himself with the help of his previous quests-feats and so on and not a heir to muller because he denies it in the fight against belial.
    as the chapter i read, yes, he still have Brahma with him.
    and No; there is a need for more than power to become a legendary class, i wrote about this in the first spoilers; to have the power of a legend and be a legend are to different things.
    and in the END grid will never became a legendary mage because of lack of intelligence; mages classes in the setting have a fair higher intelligence where they invest at least 60-80% of their levelup points in it if we take the base up of brahma himself ; and grid did not put one intelligence until he was 320+ nor he have a intelligence type titles that would help him close the gap by giving a huge amount of it , so like i wrote before, to learn Brahma spells he needs to have intelligence, if not he can not learn it. so he will never learn the ultimate type spells; but like i wrote brahma is a battle related mage, so even the low level spells of his; have a very power full fighting ability and this is already strong enough to increase grid's power in 2-3x +than before, just by giving him the option of casting spells (range atk's).
    as i read; he learned 2 spells: magic missile the basic spell of all wizard; but the magic missile from Brahma have a 100% chance to ignore magic defense, that is perfect for someone like grid, who does not have higher intelligence and lower M atk because of it.
    and alarm: alarm type spells allows grid to save spells to use later or simple create alarms to distract enemies-monsters ; he uses it similar as multi casting device; he uses multiples magic missiles; save it with alarm; and uses it as in a large AOE attack or to distract monsters/players for a surprise attack.
    the next one he will learn is fireball; that is also a AOE: but the details are not given yet in the chapter i read since he still lacks close to 1k intelligence.
    simple put: the spells are simple but powerful and as someone who fight as melee and is not a MAGE ; is the right thing that a melee fighter would want, a range type atk and if we add his 4 hands; he can cast spell from them as well; giving even the opportunity for blind spot's attacks and many more surprises attacks with it and once he learn fireball he will also gain a aoe attack, to complement the normal lack of aoe damage that melee classes have.
    He obtain some blacksmith appendices related skills; for example: where he can increase a npc's blacksmith skill from 1-5 levels, and the blacksmith would gain max affection with him; he uses it to bring some advanced blacksmith to his side; khan and one other for example are very close to mastery advanced blacksmith.
    He also learn a skill that allows him to fuse items, creating a new item with limited time that fuse the power of two previous items; with the penalty that it would decrease the durability of the item.
    he also learn a ability to transform his pavranium in any other item he have 100% understanding about the openness of it is like i wrote before he have 4 hands so one cast =4 items; like i wrote he got the quest too soon to became a legendary blacksmith and if we follow closely the novel its clear that because of it he got a lot more pavranium that he was suppose to have! ; mostly he uses it to transform on the myth class item of the church, it loses the myth rank and becomes only legendary in the transformation but is still very strong, , later on he also uses on the bow he make for jishuka; it also loses the myth rank but his aoe atk still have a 300m range, he uses it when he needs aoe damage, all transformations it last for a few minutes.
    he also learned a sklill that gives sentient to the item: it have a very limited number uses, but i do not know how to explain it well so i'm gonna give a example: you see the pavrnium right? how it can act by his own /protect the owner, and so on like a living being? well the skills can do the same!, is implied to be the same skill used on the mineral after he made it with brahma so the mineral could become a "living" thing like that.

He still uses the pope armor when fighting against magic users because the ability to decrease 50% magic damage, and uses it in a swap manner, when using healing type items because the ability to increase healing %.
    He made a entire set for the secondly Olympic games, focusing on defense; the set have a huge defense even for their level since is a modify type item! but he can use because the OP ability that allow to use any item.
    If a blacksmith build a normal item; but uses new idea's or abilities to improve the quality of the item, it becomes a modify type item.
    Brahma's spells are all modify version of them: magic missile for example that is the basic spell that wizard level 1 learns; brahma modify it to have 100% by pass of magic defense.

in fighting he uses the hands as a bot's; if the monster if too weak he let them roam free killing everything it can,once he builds them the first time you will get the gist of it: he will bring them outside of the city and start doing blacksmith where Noe+hands keep killing mobs outside in the desert so he can also receive exp, he only does this at the start since the hands are too weak to do complex commands and he expect them to learn how to "fight" by themselves so they can became useful. tl:dr as sentient item the pavrnium can learn .
    if a stronger opponent shows up he uses it with himself; the hammer also have a shock type passive; and he can rotate the for 4 hammers for a 100% shock effect, (the target can not move-use spells), so normal monsters are just beat up until death without being able to do anything; stronger bosses have a diminish return on the shock so he uses it in strategy play when he needs to stop some action of the boss or simple doing damage+ protect him because the pavranium still have unlimited durability so it can receive hit's.
    later on like i wrote he can also cast spells from it so think of it like a Gundam turret; flying and shooting magic missile in multiple angles and then going for the kill with their light saber (hammers, hahahaha), until his already lower mana capacity(for a mage standard) is over.
    plus of course the ability to transform it any other items he have 100% understanding , so he can use the items ability.
    So like i wrote mainly a BOT/PET, is the perfect resume, he uses it as BOT for himself to do minor tasks in blacksmith or as a pet fighting.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  10. dionit

dionit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that is pretty awesome. Can't wait for the translations to reach that part. Got a few more if you don't mind.
    When the pavranium transform into other weapons, do they copy the weapon's material or do they make the weapon out of pavranium. Like an iron sword becomes a pavranium sword.
    Can legendary classes evolve? Since it was confirmed there was a Myth Class and that certain classes could evolve to become legendary, do you think that Grid, once he masters his class, could surpass Pagma and evolve his class to Myth once he fulfills certain conditions?

11. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    the skill simple state that it gain the status of the item by transforming in it ; so i suppose that is still pavranium, but it does not matter in the end, because the status would still be the same as the weapon, there is not gonna be higher because the material is better, is not the way the skill works what have happen is that the weapon can work alone, just like the hands.

this already have been asked before; as i wrote before; ;there is nothing to say outside of what i wrote before since the author have not entered in this region as far i have being reading but i would try to explore this again, maybe it can become a little clear.

(from this point on , i'm gonna try to answer your question by my interpretation of the novel, i just want to keep this clear because a few ones may thing that i'm talking nosense by what i'm writing, but of course i would basis my answer from what i read in the novel!. )
    tl:dr
    mastering the class is impossible!
    advancing to myth! by completing some conditions, it could be, but as far i have read it should be impossible, unless the novel last for 3-5 more years at minimum or the author put a massive timeskip in it so the novel can build up the characters to reach the level of myth class, without being a asspull.

first of course : since there is myth class items, we can expect that there is myth classes , and about evolve to Myth once he surpass Pagma is out of the question and since i'm talking about it, in a sense he already did! even without having all pagma's skills/abilities, but of course pagma's was far stronger than him : example the hand's, the quest event linked to the hands that allowed the hands to be made is that pagma was never able to complete it, he tried but was never successful with it, maybe because he had to fight demons in his spare time; but the point in, Grid did it, and we can see this as a form to have surpass the previous pagmas, at least in the setting of the game!.
    and of course let's not forget that Pagma already have surpass Pagma, if this makes any sense!,haha. once Pagma became contractor of baal, he did a lot of things that was suppose to be impossible for him before and this was even the reason he choice to do so ; things that by the novel standard of him should have being impossible, like trapping the entire hall of legendary heroes in illusion type trap with multiple Challengers to block the demons, so at least by the novel standard pagma, already have surprased the pagma that the world know as the legendary blacksmith and so on!.

Now as i wrote before; becoming legendary is not about power; or anything like that!(at least alone; and before anyone come saying: of course you would need to have a degree of power/ability to do something that could be called "legendary"), so in my opinion to become a myth class it would have a fair similar "rule" but with fair greater difficult, so him having mastered his class it should not have any effect if he can or not evolve to myth rank.
    Now about mastering a class, is also a difficult subject; since we can not use a normal standard of rpg in this novel since there is no mention of mastering a class as far i remember like in moonlight sculptor for example: where after someone mastered his class, he can choice a new one and start again and have two or tree classes, in that novel and many others there is this "standard" of mastering a class but not on this one ,since like what i wrote before they want to create a world not a game and a class in the world is more like a role that you choice to enter that world with, since you are not original in that world,so they give this shortcut for the players, the company already gives a clear role that the players can choice to play in that world! and this is called a class (gonna explain more later).
    to start:
    the mc already started with his blacksmith skill mastered and gained a legendary blacksmith from it (if i'm not mistaken , earlier chapters are all fuzzy by now), but what i want to say is; if someone for example mastered blacksmith he would gain automatic legendary blacksmith?(in a sense that he mastered blacksmith, so what would come next?)
    the answer: no!, it won't.
    in the novel there is a example of this , where a player studied Dwarf blacksmith; dwarf blacksmith can do things that involve blacksmith+alchemy with new types of items that mix magic+physical items , for example the demonslayer items that is a gun that can transform in sabre and not even pagma can replicate it really well (by mention of the novel), so that player have as well normal blacksmith and also dwarf blacksmith that is suppose to be on the same level of legendary blacksmith,just like grid, have normal blacksmith and legendary blacksmith.
    Other example: there is a grown hidden class called aura master(i do not know if the TL will use this name, but the guy already showed up was the one killed by grid in 5 sec in the first Olympic game); later on the guy becomes a semi regular and we have more information about his class: the class only have one ability called Aura, the class is ranked(normal-epic-unique-legendary and maybe! myth) by the amount/control of aura that a player have/can use and by the description there is no standard of limit to it, by training with it, and having better control the player would automatic gain more and more aura, by simple work with it/leveling up, and so on his rank would grown up as well! but what i can say is there is no "limit" to it, so how can he master the class?

So what is the point? the point is that there is no mastering a class, but there is mastering a skill! the novel allows uses to learn infinite amount of skills and mastering them have multiple possibilities as well;a crafter like Grid could learn swordsmanship skills and even archery skill like bow mastery that is what makes a archer in the novel, a archer!, because it gives more range-accuracy-power using bow's, but the true is, anyone can learn anything as long he do the right thing enough of times and do it right! , so a blacksmith can be like become a swordsman , and a swordsman may be even a wizard or a miner (peak sword for example) , like right now grid is a blacksmith, who learned sword type skills and now is learning magic skills!, but this would work? in sense that he could learn enough to change his role maybe not! and why is that? because of the status, to do something correct you would need to have the base status to do it if not the task would "fail", simple tasks requires lower stats than higher and more complex tasks and in the case of complex we can expect that unless you are a super genius out of this would is normal to expect someone to teach you, but again if you are the genius you can simple learn alone!
    and of course subjective's type skills that would be almost impossible to learn without the system of the game helping you and for the system to help you would need to be in the right "role(class)" or a special quest/event, like for example: hawks eye from archers, how could someone try to "see" farther and farther until the skill is learned?, there is no basis for it, and thus archers learns them by direct help from the system; like quests-skills books and so on!, but this also means that you can also receive the help from the setting even without having the role for it! but again without the class would be far more difficult, like how grid learned archery master ; he still does not even have sword mastery; that is a basic swordsmantype passive that increase the damage by a huge margin, in a similar level as his pagma's sword passive, that works outside of casting skills!, but he learned weapon mastery in a special higher level event.
    going on: if you are a swordsman(dps), you have put your points in strength-agility , if you are a tanker you would need to put points in vitality-stamina, (remember the dual wield axe guardian from jishuka's guild? that wanted to be a DPS!), he did not failed to be a dps, but failed to be a tanker because he lacked enough vitality-stamina to use tank like equips!, and this is where the problem lies in the setting, a class "is" to be precise a"role" that would favor your in gaining new abilities/skills linked to it's "role" but is not limiting you to it, in a sense is a setting that you as person choice to be in that world, what is important in the END is not even the class but the status points you have.
    to finish it i'm gonna give a few more examples since i'm already tired and it took a good amount of time to write this (2hours), i hope that with this last examples everything will become clear what the function of a class is:
    example1: as swordsman/archery class, as "privilege" of your "class" you can join the army as "soldier" and thus have the opportunity to learn spear-sword-club type skills from the npc's at the training master at low level but if you did not put any points in strength-agility or any related status to it, you will never learn anything from them, not any skill and in the same aspect of it; if you are a wizard, and have strength-agility enough you should be able to learn all skills that they teach , but since you are not a swordsman/archer you are not allowed to apply to the army as soldier, and thus would not be able to be trained by the sword-spear-club npc training master to learn the skills, so what you can do? learn by other means, of course!.
    ps: as i was doing a fast review to check for error, it got me that by what i wrote classes in the novel does not mean anything, and is not what i was intended so i gonna write a few more word's and focus on my previous example, hope that will become even clear!.
    is not that classes are nothing in the setting and does not have value , it just that the classes are more linked to the "role" you choice to live in that world and this role would give your benefits, like in my example: by choosing the role of swordsman or archery, is easier and thus faster for you to obtain skills/information/teaching to become one (dah!), be with by joining the army and learning from the masters there,the same applies to wizards, they can enter the wizard's towers in the cities and learn from them , the same as blacksmith and become a blacksmith appendices! so in the case you are a wizard and want to learn swordsmanship like my previous example ,you would not be given this opportunity to join the army and learn there, but as wizard you can for example level up enough, accumulate fame points or even gain your own territory and request the training npc master of your territory to teach you, or was a swordsman/wizard, you can do the same by saving some npc that is swordsman/mage/blacksmith/miner/fisherman/anything you can think and gaining enough affinity with them a request them to teach you and as long you have enough status be with dex-agility-strength-stamina-vitality you would learn from them and if you really focus on it for a very longer time, you would probably receive a changing class quest, that exist for that new "role(class)" that you have being focusing on because you are already far too gone from the original "role(class)" you choice, there is even npc's on the city that allows this change of class with minor roles; if you want to become assassin but is a wizard-knight, just go to the assassin guild and request the quest and complete, and many other's, works in a similar manner, but of course you would need to complete the quest .
    (grid did exactly the second option later on : once he wanted to learn how to use cloth/leather to better grasp to production of armors he used his position as king; he triggered a quest where he searched for a npc cloth master so the npc could teach him the skills, and thus he can now work with cloths/leathers a lot better and have the skills direct linked to them and so on! )
    simple put the class is a role but the role will not always be a "class": and this roles(that are classes) gives your the starting point of your journey in that world and benefits linked to your starting role, but what would means maximizing this role, is too subjective, after all by being a archer you train in archery and thus can maximize archery, but maximizing being a archer? there is no way to do!
    there is multiple examples in it: with Grid learning magic from Brahma, he still needs INT and without INT he can not learn anything, but he obtained a teacher by increasing his affinity with brahma(teacher) by doing his quest and with enough int he can learn spells but to become a mage would need a far more indeep process in this new role of his! there is also kreuzel like i wrote before, that is challenging all strong master(teacher) and hope to learn their skills by fighting them enough times and building affinity with them and so on and the last mention we have is about a spear user, he will for example learn skills related to it but he would not change his role(class) as swordsman since it would again need far more deep insight in using spear than what he is doing!
    so now let's see Euphemina's case, that got Murmud magic book(teacher!), that allows her to learn spells and even received a quest to become Murmud heir and legendary wizard if she can relieve Murmud lich soul and spread his feat ! so why with Euphemina it's a class change with a upper rank if the quest is done and not a simple learning new spells like the others ; the reason is simple> by studying Murmud magic book, that have all the spells he created/used in his live that is suppose to be one of the strongest wizard's and biggest genius there was ever existed in the "setting" she would in fact be going to deep by learning too much of it, and thus would have the change of class(and role) and by relieve Murmud soul from being a lich, she would be doing her legendary feat of saving the legendary wizard of his suffering!.

edit: forgot to put grid situation in it!, haha.
    so this is it, i hope it becomes clear that grid can never master his class, since the class is descendant of pagma and being descendant of pagma is the role he choice to be once he used that book! but he can mastery the skills and in the end by mastering enough skills he can for example receive a new class linked to those skills that can or not be advanced class than descendant of pagma's, but at that time it would not be called descendant of pagma's anymore, so in a true sense he did not master it and in the same we have the difference between rank's as well; rank alone is not determined by power; like i wrote before, is more in my opinion determined by "feat", you have do a legendary feat, so you can become a legendary class!, but you can have the power of a legendary class( as fighting power/crafting ability), without never doing anything legendary!.
    or in grid's case, he could do a myth class feat; and thus change the rank of his class to myth, but this would not mean that he mastered it or he ever will!
    But again i doubt it will ever happen; we have legendary classes like demeonslayer killing 4 demon of 33 alone; Muller sealing 6 of 33 demons and one of them is hellgao is is fair upper in the ranks and closing all the gates to Hell, and yet it was not enough to be called Myth!.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  12. jdm

jdm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Question about Panmir, blacksmith with dwarf techniques, will he be able to make legendary items? Or only Grid can make them?

And about PeakSword, did he really become a miner or just a second class?
    I remember during the Hell Gao arc, it was mentioned that he enjoyed the Highs of successful mining more than sword haha

13. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, there is many mentions of others blacksmiths already doing legendary items in the game; like i wrote before the only thing grid gained was time, because again he gained the class even a few months earlier than planned!.
    but unfortunately there is not many details about the items made by them, the only one if i'm not mistaken that the author talked about in detail is the one made by him in the second Olympic games but i do not remember the status, once he challenged grid in world wide tv, forcing grid to enter the blacksmith contest, and making him lose the gold medal.

Peak sword; did not become a miner nor he learned a second class related to it ; but he learned the mining skills! after mining for a long time >as i wrote before there is no limits to learn skills and as higher level he have more than enough status to allow him to learn a simple skill like mining and this comes with many benefits for example: the ability to gain status by mining mining ores: since mining being a work that requires a lot of brute strength and endurance, the status he gains is related to it, just like a blacksmith does with crafting item.
    going back to peak sword> he did not changed his class; as i wrote before to change the class it would need far more in deep acquisition of skills and information linked to mining to trigger the change in relation to his current class, something that would be fair harder to happen since he does mining as hobby!
    trivia information: one of the 9 legendary classes talked before was also a miner, he battled as full fleshed tanker.
    edit: i do not remember the names of all legendary personas anymore; haha, but before someone come asking and i forget even more i'm gonna write here their main battle "roles classes!"
    1 assassin;(there is no need to write)
    2 demonslayer;(there is no need to write)
    3 archer;(there is no need to write)
    4 clothier;(ITEMS+pressure points, give a multitude of debuffs based where it hit!.)
    5 miner;(tanker)
    6 fighter-as he used all type of weapons! (the undefeated);
    7 swordman;(there is no need to write)
    8 wizard;(there is no need to write)
    9 blacksmith.(swordsman)

14. jdm

jdm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, so even if others make legendary items, only Grid has the Legendary Blacksmith Breath and Concentration that gives extra options and stats. Is that why Grid won cause every items he makes is better than the blueprint?

About the Legends, now I'm starting to think that most of them are not even combat class Haha

15. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    the only reason grid can compete is because those skills; at least for more than half of the novel, until he really start to learn how to work as blacksmith, because like i wrote before he did not started the traditional path , he went and tried so until he had accumulate experience by crafting (something that again took fair longer time window than a normal person because he is a bad player), he was truly a shit blacksmith and items only came with those options because of the correction effect of those skills!
    and no; he build a normal rank grown item, that is the best type of grown item.
    to explain: grown type item learn new abilities/status as when they evolve ranks; so why they are better than normal item of the same rank ? the reason is because the abilities they learn are focused in the user who used them; they will gain-develop new abilities each time they evolve a rank, based on the user abilities/skills that was used to nourish them.
    if is not clear yet: the user who nourish the grown type item and evolve it will always again abilities status that would complement his gameplay, so he would have the best possible type of item for him with the limitation of the material used of course.
    and why the normal rank is the best? because until it reach legendary; there is gonna be 5 grown stages , so it will gain new abilities-status 5 times and all of them would be direct linked to the one who nourish the item,so even a lower ranker grown type item that have being build up by the same player would be far better and stronger than higher rank items for that user and general gameplay.
    to make a item better than the blueprint is a modify(enchanted) version of the item just like brahma spells are ; so far he only made a few that i can remember; main ones are his armor for the second Olympic game, and the last part of the pope arc, where he received a quest from the game-rebbeca/setting to free isabel of death so she could be with Damian that scene is very good;
    may have forgotten a few things since it have being a long time! but hell i like that scene and i'm gonna write about it.
    we can feel the NTR in the air with their scenes (grid x isabel) ; since the start of the pope arc Damian have being doing everything for them and even sold his house to gain money to help them in the game and in that final moment and conclusion of the arc that have spanned for hundreds of chapters > the scene when Isabel is talking to grid and grid receives the quest and the scene seems all love dove with them (and as i reader i can say i felt it; they really had that chemistry since their first encounter and all of their encounters!) and Damian resolve himself to leave and let them be since his love is pure and he really wanted her to be happy, but when he is leaving she comes and takes his hand and ask him to stay with her because he have being with her since forever and she is well aware of his feelings but as someone fated to die and that did not even know what loves really is! she could not agree to bring Damian in this spiral where the end would already be set in stone (with she dying) but if the quest is a success and she is relieved of death she would like to be with him even more because he is the man that truly loves her and she knows it so she would like to try to be with the man that truly loves her and that can teacher her about love! at this time or before we got a monologue where is said that grid was something similar as isabel first love , but as she grown with those events damian started to grown more and more in her heart and is him that she choice to be with.
    Ps: all Rebecca's daughters in the setting are kidnapped as children soldier and trained in a secret military facility of the church; where they receive brainwashing and so on to become a weapon, so things like love or even common sense does not exist to them, i could go on more and more in what have resulted in and explore their setting but i'm not, too tired already is 6am here and i'm did not even sleep yet.
    ; where he remade the myth class spear of the church using Braham's method of creating magic type items, thus making the item become even more stronger and OP, you can not even imagine how much more OP the item became.
    to put in perspective; the spear already had a 100% accuracy rate once you swing her in a fullmoon-halfmoon trajectory(do not remember the concrete information anymore forgive me, but was something like that!), but once it was remade by brahma's method; every time the user make a swing with the spear; it would launch multiple's magic missiles that does not consume the user mana, and have 100% magic defense penetration; mainly you could simple swing's the spear like a baby and it still kill everyone in front of you with a rain of magic missiles!.
    almost half of them are not combat class at the start , but all of them could fight; if you add Pairo as farmer; it would go half x half being combat and being craft class and later on if we conclude that kreuzel is in fact not muller's swordman, because he denied it!, we would go back to 6 combat x 5 craft's.

16. jdm

jdm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like the growth type Staff, Sehee got when she became a Saintess, but it was already unique when it was given.
    So it means that the normal rank otem grid made has more possibilities.
    I guess if he sells it, it would be atleast a billion gold haha

17. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    that one is a more special category; as that one is a special class grown item; is sole for the saint; and if i'm not mistaken saint can only use it as well as weapon , since it gives saint related spells-skills.
    and grid put it at +7 or +8 if i'm not mistaken; that cost a few thousands of dollars; but sehee in her playtime reseted the enchantment and this made grid and myself cry.. she is truly crazy!. .

the item was made in the competition and by the rules of it, it will belong to the competition and be showcase in the museu-hall of fame of the craft Olympic competition.
    it never belonged to him for more than the time he used to build it but if i'm not remember it incorrectly he tried to keep it , oh he tried!.

18. jdm

jdm Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @M4rcosR3is at the recent english chapters Vampire Duke Marie Rose was mentioned, released by Grid from a seal from earlier chapters.
    Is she perhaps the strongest sibling of Braham, the one born to be the strongest vampire?

19. M4rcosR3is

Reading List:
    Link
    yes

20. Knight8

Knight8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did someone defeat her already(Marie)?