Discussion Need your opinions

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SinCity, Apr 9, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djsosonut

djsosonut Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't say anything about CCM since i never started it, but I don't think Shura's Wrath and ATG have gotten any better or worse from the points you dropped them. They still have the same virtues and flaws. So if you didn't like before you probably should just stay away from them now.

2. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    So I am current up to date with all three of these novels.

ATG
    I believe you left off somewhere in the Blue Wind Tournament arc. After that arc, you get lots of world building and cultivation then the MC fights a war by himself. There is a lot of coincidences and stupid decisions that could be thought of as plot armor (however the MC's actions are explained but people don't agree with them). This generated a lot of hate for the novel. The current arc is another tournament with many of the world's major characters being present. I also MTL'ed the rest of the raws and
    The MC goes back to being the smart and trickster that he was in the beginning of the novel, except now he has some strength. The problem is that his cheats (plot armor) make him able to handle opponents out of his league, except they do start to continuously introduce opponents that the MC has no chance to defeat (plot armor or not). The old Che comes back because he can't defeat them by his strength alone.
    The reason I still am reading this novel, is because it is starting to get better (at least in my opinion) and I am okay with the actions of the MC, because he at least explains why he is doing said actions (I don't always agree with them but they are given).

Shura's Wrath
    The plot armor is strong with this one. It does change except the game does start to screw with the MC (i.e. he bite off more than he can chew). He does meet his guild mates, but interacts very little with them because he is too OP. However, if you forget the game aspect, there is a very dark story behind the scenes, which might develop into something interesting. I mostly read this novel to see the interactions between all the characters and not for the game elements.

CCM
    The author of this novel has no idea of scale, which causes me so many headaches (btw this scaling problem with troops and money continues on to the latest chapters). The novel abruptly changes between chapters 248-252, but due to plot armor the MC seems to still be unaffected and still go about his life as normal. Even his new ally was someone whom the MC tortured and now is okay serving him. At least the MC is now 15 years old, so is now old enough to perform some of the acts he did as a child. The story after chapter 252 is more like One Piece rather what the story was before. Like mentioned earlier, they are still in the gathering allies stage. I am currently reading this novel in hopes of it becoming better (however I am slowly think of dropping it).

3. Nefasdetestasti

Nefasdetestasti ❄️Wɪɴᴛᴇʀ's Sᴏɴɢ❄️ ||| [Schrödinger Pantsu]

Reading List:
    Link
    ATG is sh*t....

4. Maleficient

Maleficient Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dropped Atg and Sw. If you have nothing else to do, I guess you can read it ....
    What's CCM??

5. Rydes

Rydes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some people can actually read so far in CCM? ATG is okay(it could be better) and SW can be summarized as plot armor which makes it feel somewhat so-so. There are better novels out there IMO :)

6. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Close Combat Mage. The MC originally wanted to be a warrior like his father but inherited his mother's mage genes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.