Net neutrality

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Nyarlathotep, Jul 13, 2017.

1. NoxDobber

NoxDobber 『Resident Dark God』

Reading List:
    Link
    ...you could use something better than pitchforks and torches.
    Im going to have nightmares, thank you.

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Relevant

Slayerwolfx2 and SpiralGust like this.
  3. heads-or-tails

heads-or-tails Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People will lose their jobs and companies will close because of a lack of clients, why? Because they will no longer be able to promote themselves cheaply in the internnet. Also NU will most likely be closed because someone like Qidian will be able to pay to allow people to view content while NU and the translator sites will die.
    Edit: if you are going to sign use your real name and address these bastatds are deleting signatures that arent made with true information

4. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    This bird thinks they should go for it! If the US's internet gets worse, Australia can go up a rank in the internet rankings

5. Morvian

Morvian 『Weakened King』『Abandoned Man』『Man Of Culture』

Reading List:
    Link
    well i dont have a right to change that because i'm still my parent prisoner, because i'm too much filial son when i'm young so now i'm trapped for getting out from this house now because its too late..

when i'm graduated, i'm going to find a job but my parent forbid it then opening shop for me at house.

their reason so i can help their daily life and dont need to go far from home, but while i dont realize severe impact its have into my life i'm continuing this lifestyle until now.

so now its too late when i'm 26 already, where i cant search good job with my highschool license and age. -_-
    well even if they died, its give little change to my life so .....

sorry just ranting.

blackhawkrider likes this.
  6. leo.d.

leo.d. Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. A, US has huge debt and the republican are trying cutting taxes on the rich and stealing poor. Their healthcare plan is a tax break in disguise. The just pulled out of the Paris Accords. Also you are over generalizing everything. I understand being dissatisfied with US but just plan hate is unreasonable. They are struggling through a lot of sh*t right now. The country is divided, the president is a moron that was helped into power by a adversary. The Republican Party is tearing the country apart for the riches. The Democratic Part hasn't been able to do anything.

Mangochic likes this.
  7. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    can't threads like this just be termed as trolling or spam and put blanket locks on their #2+ threads? or auto-merges when the term pops up again in the name of new threads? lol

we really don't need countless threads popping up about the same issue when it comes down to it, unless the discussions are genuinely about different things related to the original reference...

Mordreth likes this.
  8. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already filled it in, took the link through the philip defranco show who talked about this today. To be honest though everyone is talking about it so eventually it's bound to be noticed even by the internet hermits. I'm of the opinion that everyone should support this because we don't need providers closing doors for starting companies that may not be able to afford their "fast lanes".

9. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    I live in the uk and our bandwidth is at 1.5mbps download and 500kbps upload xD I also live with my mother atm, but have offered to pay the internet bills if I can have our provider changed to a fibre optic supplier for a broadband only deal.

10. blackhawkrider

blackhawkrider Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Suggestion one....sabotage your current modem, dial up, or whatever you are using. Convince them that the current ISP or plan that they are on no longer works. Find a nice deal and tell them how cheap it is.
    Suggestion two....steal you parents credit card and switch the provider yourself.
    Suggestion three....find a part time job, make some money, and buy a data plan with a smartphone.

Good luck.

11. blackhawkrider

blackhawkrider Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Living in the GB/s realm?

12. SpiralGust

SpiralGust Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll go off the grid after downloading a lot of novels

13. NoxDobber

NoxDobber 『Resident Dark God』

Reading List:
    Link
    At this point Aizen would be a better president for any country in the world.

14. Mordreth

Mordreth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. Don't preach about hate when your post reeks of hatred. And uh, last I checked, the Cold War is over. What adversary are you referring to? Russia? China? Believe it or not, those 2 countries would be great friends and allies to the USA if the USA would stop trying to act like it owns and controls everything.

15. Myriadfold

Reading List:
    Link
    we live about 3.1km in a physical strait line from our nearest exchange. we are just outside of the "green" quality range and into the middle of its "orange" range, the best we could manage in our area (as it was mostly young families and old age pensioners) would be to change isp because on the street behind us is a house that gets 2.6mps speeds, and in the cheap flats a street in front of us get 3.4mbps. even when our line gets "unblocked" again somehow if we call up complaining, at best that will put us to 2.5mbps.

the area does just suck for the more traditional cables lines, however virgin media has spread their fibre optics in the area so with them we can get speeds from an average 42mbps to just under 300mbps. (depending on the package purchased.)

no access to the gigarealm in the next 3000years if we stay here :p I just need to live here for at least a year while I look for options of places to move that provide better base speeds. like closer to the town centre where I found a place to rent that is rated at between 70-170mbps.

16. trag23

trag23 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also www.gofccyourself.com will bring you directly to the fcc webpage where you can comment and let them know how much this is p***ing you off.

17. fireclaws

fireclaws 『FA Sect's Hermit』 『Rice Bucket』

Reading List:
    Link
    Would join but I'm in Canada :(

18. Zomula

Zomula Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If repealed, it would cause any US based site to have to pay more for bandwidth which would slow down or shut down many sites. This means many sites such as NU, anime and manga sites, and many US-based translators would be forced to either install heavy pay requirements to survive or they would be forced to close down.

19. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    people will just move their server to outside of murica when that happens. Not such a big problem.
    With a trafic as big as NU, I bet theres tons of people willing to open one up and "replace" NU because of add revenue.
    And instead of tony, we will be dealing with ronny, boney or even poney as the new admin. :p

blackhawkrider, Mordreth and Zomula like this.
  20. Mystogrigen

Mystogrigen 「Clever and Witty Original Title」

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a solution: ISP wants kickbacks from a website. Website says go fuck yourself and blocks all traffic from that ISP. Once enough websites does that to an ISP, that ISP will start bleeding subscribers horrendously. Once youtube, twitch, hulu, and netflix does that to an ISP, you can start writing a death certificate. OR better yet~ Get a bunch of websites/services together to sign an agreement where they all instantly blacklist an ISP if they start their bullshit.

Remember kids: Removing Net Neutrality is a two-way street.