New Grand Chase Mobile Game is Live!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by AliceShiki, Nov 28, 2018.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You can see some details here: www.grandchase.net

In any case, I'm pretty happy to see GC coming back to life after so long, even if in the form of a mobile game...

From what I saw so far, it seems to be a gatcha game and the characters from the old Grand Chase should all be 5* super rare characters or something, so it's probably intended to make you sink your money into nostalgia... Which is not a great start.

However, the gameplay mechanics do seem pretty interesting, even if relatively simple. I assume most of the game will result to grinding stuff in auto-mode for a while, but the early game stages were decently fun, even if very easy.

The story also seems pretty interesting, I'm curious to where it will be taken... I have a mixed reaction on the new characters though, Kyle is just way too childish to me, it's a bit hard to like him... Cindy's tsukkomis are absolutely lovely however~

Lastly, dunno about other languages, but the localization for Portuguese is terrifyingly bad, which is quite sad... I mean, I think GC was more popular in Brazil than it was in Korea, so seeing a terrible Portuguese localization kinda hurts... Hopefully the English localization is better.

Anyways, what are your thoughts? Will you play the game? How do you feel it compares to other famous gatchas like Fire Emblem Heroes or Fate Grand Order?

PS: I haven't played the game myself in all honesty, I just saw my brother playing because my phone can't run the game... I think it will take me at least 6 months before I can buy a phone that can run it... *cwies*

2. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    Grand Chase?

*proceed to just use Onrush + Demonic Potion + Sellion :blobpeek::blobhero:

3. Ryan_Oliver

Ryan_Oliver Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now, that's quite interesting, last time I saw, it was on early access...
    Didn't play it, and to be honest I wouldn't even try ( maybe I do after this post )
    Can you describe the story for me ?
    Oh and this is probably the second game already, I remember there was one released on 2015

4. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The game was released globally yesterday, so it's normal you saw it on early access before this! xD

I literally saw 1/2 hour of gameplay, so I can't say much about it, but well...

After the GC defeated Cazeaje in the Tower of Extinction, they ended up falling into a dimensional rift. The party was split up and confronted by demons and had to try fighting their way out... Which wasn't going very well.
    When everyone was basically surrounded, Elesis arrived and confronted the head-demon, their clash made a huge shockwave that sent everyone away to different worlds and what not.

Then the focus suddenly changes to the 2 new characters, Kyle and Cindy, they hear stories of the Grand Chase from Grandiel and see a shining meteor falling from the skies (that's Arme actually), in the next day they go investigate and find her fainted, so they rescue her and bring her back to Grandiel.

Once Arme wakes up, she tries going out to try finding the rest of the GC, but she is too wounded to move, so Kyle and Cindy have to get some Healing Herbs in a forest... Meanwhile, Arme talks a bit with Grandiel about their current situation and asks for her help, but... Grandiel lost most of her powers and is tired of fighting, so she prefers to stay out of it.

That's about as much as I saw, I think Arme will join your party a bit after this, and you'll probably be able to get some other characters of the GC through the story, but I assume most of them come from summoning through standard gatcha stuff. I'm pretty sure I saw a chat message about "[player] just summoned 5* Ronan with a [item]!", so it's fair to assume other GC characters are obtainable in the same way.

5. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    A game Alice recommends? ...Hm...I'll look into it.

AliceShiki likes this.
  6. Nuinui

Nuinui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, thanks for letting us know about this! I had no idea they made a mobile game app.

Time to let my friend know... Since all we did in middle school was play Grand Chase all day :blobsmilehappy:

Time to relive those moments! :blob_pompom:

AliceShiki likes this.
  7. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    A game came back as the form of Gacha game? Man, they really want you to pull out your wallet just for nostalgia.
    Though, I wasn't a GC player, but I was an Elsword player, and because the 2 game got comparisons quite a bit back in those days, so I got to know a bit about GC. Though now, Elsword is still alive and kicking, while GC resurrected in a different way than expected.

8. Kronos

Kronos Mum's SwagYeti

Reading List:
    Link
    You guys know there's a fan server called Grandchasehistory where you can still play it. There's even expansions and items the admins develop into the game making it even better. Its brazil/spanish/Portuguese (one of these 3) server but theres load of english players too.

Also its been running for about 3years now aswell. Im in the UK and connection is pretty solid imo.

9. Ryan_Oliver

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks, later I'll probably download to see if it's good or not.

10. Ryan_Oliver

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, I was thinking about playing on history or gcway, but got a little demotivaded to play on the final update''s of the game ...

11. Zorgh12

Zorgh12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading this post, i thought about playing it. Then i realised im already playing summoners war, grand order and epic seven. :facepalm:

12. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    i will say this first to hopeful people since i play earlier version first not this global one. all character is gacha one only 3 chara is free, that said Kyle and Cindy,(also that sheep healer i forgot his name) as for SR gacha is gacha so unless you lucky the suck but if this follow earlier game then you can get SR free from log in bonus.
    the rarity span from B-SR with all grand chase member being SR
    other Sources 200 draws you can get 1 SR select ticket and since this unlike GBF spark system no need to save since it accumulated
    other is join/create a guild and do guild wars, the guild shop sell SR ticket for 30K guild point
    friendly advice hoard as much gold as possible since upgrade weapon and chara need tons of gold

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *shakes pompoms* Ikr!? My teen years were filled with GC! Happy to see it back! *is downloading an android emulator for PC right now to play the game*
    Yeah, Level Up (the company that handled GC in Brazil) tried to buy GC from KoG when they announced its closure because of how popular the game was over here... A shame it didn't work out... T.T

I never tried Elsword, but heard a lot of it when it was released~
    Yeah, I know there is the private server, it's in Portuguese (Brazil speaks in the Portuguese language btw), but I don't feel there is any point in playing the game in a private server.
    I quit Summoners the moment I discovered this game was going to be a thing! xD
    Even Arme is not free...? T.T

Oh well, that's the nature of Gatchas I guess, gotta hope for the best~

14. KTL

KTL Down horrendous

Reading List:
    Link
    too bad the US is gonna fuck up gacha games!!!

15. nexusmadao

nexusmadao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I downloaded the game yesterday morning, played an hour, remembered my past experiences with gacha and uninstalled. :sushi_sigh:

16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly have no idea what will happen and I honestly don't care! Hooray for not being in the US! \(^^)/
    *pat pat pat* Well, they are meant to be a money sink, so I can understand your view... I'm just happy to have GC alive again~

17. NekoMK2

NekoMK2 Lazy cat, [self proclaimed GM_Rusaku Disciples]

Reading List:
    Link
    unfortunately no, also so long you play this SR rather end up easy moreover if join the guild and always do GW, thought kinda become tedious since around 3 or 4 per week, there also Dimension boss who can be shared with guildmates for gold and little guild point (around 10-30) early stage S chara no bad like Poseidon or Rachel, but yeah it up to you to play it or not

18. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, nice to know! \(^^)/

Totally going to play it, I played Summoners War in the past after all! xD

Just need to find a guild I guess, I wonder if I can drag enough people into it to make a guild~

19. KTL

KTL Down horrendous

Reading List:
    Link
    nah u might wanna start worrying because countries are starting to ban gambling all over the world. you could be wakin up and see that ur country bout ban lootbox gambling typa shit

20. leegood

leegood Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw the website, so this is some kind of beat them up game?