Discussion New KyoAni news

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Sabruness, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    The japanese government is considering official support measures for KyoAni in the wake of the tragedy.

More details here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-support-measures-for-kyoto-animation/.149478

EDIT 2: Kyoto police release the first 10 names of fire victims

Edit: More articles for the readers:
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...-data-from-server-after-studio-1-fire/.149489
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...m-of-kyoto-animation-fire-passes-away/.149423
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...ount-raises-620-million-yen-in-2-days/.149375
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...n-issues-statement-about-july-18-fire/.149485

I think that's all the recent news so far. At least what i could turn up.

Jun'ichi Uda

Uda was 34 years old. He worked as an in-between animator on all of the works in the Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! franchise, as well as on K-ON!, several works in the Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club franchise, A Silent Voice, Tamako Market, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Nichijou, HYOUKA, Liz and the Blue Bird, and most recently, Sound! Euphonium The Movie - Our Promise: A Brand New Day.

Yūki Ōmura
    Ōmura was 23 years old. In 2016, Ōmura was awarded with an Honorable Mention Award at the 101st Nikaten Design Category. At the time, he was a second-year student at Tohoka University. Tohoka University posted a statement on Friday confirming that a graduate of the school's modeling program died in the fire. Ōmura graduated from the university in March.

Yuka Kasama
    Kasama was 22 years old. NHK reports that according to a woman in Kasama's neighborhood, Kasama loved to draw as a child, and from high school wanted to study art at university. Another woman in the neighborhood told NHK she heard from Kasama's mother that Kasama's dream was to enter the animation industry. Kasama was a graduate of Osaka Seikei University.

Yoshiji Kigami
    Kigami was 61 years old. Kigami also worked in the animation industry under the names Fumio Tada and Ichirou Miyoshi. In his long career he worked on dozens of anime as an in-between animator, key animator, character designer, storyboarder, animation director, and director. His director credits include Munto, Munto 2: Beyond the Walls of Time, Shin Dosei Jidai: Hawaiian Breeze, Last War of Heavenloids and Akutoloids, Sora o Miageru Shōjo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai, and Baja no Studio. Much of his work for Kyoto Animation is credited under the name of Ichirou Miyoshi, including his work as an episode director on Violet Evergarden, Tamako Market, Sound! Euphonium both seasons, K-ON!! second season, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Nichijou - My Ordinary Life, Beyond the Boundary, Clannad, Clannad After Story, Lucky Star, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, and Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club. Outside of Kyoto Animation he was a key animator on Grave of the Fireflies and Akira, and worked on many Doraemon and Crayon Shin-chan films.

Ami Kuriki
    Kuriki was 30 years old. She was a key animator who worked on many of Kyoto Animation's recent works, including Violet Evergarden, Liz and the Blue Bird, Free! Dive to the Future, Free! -Take Your Marks-, High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-, Sound! Euphonium 2, A Silent Voice, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Take On Me, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Tsurune: Kazemai Kōkō Kyūdō-bu, and most recently, Sound! Euphonium The Movie - Our Promise: A Brand New Day.

Yasuhiro Takemoto
    Takemoto was 47 years old. Takemoto directed both the Lucky Star TV anime and the Lucky Star OAV, and was also the director of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya, HYOUKA, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid TV, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid OAV, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Amagi Brilliant Park, High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-, and Nyorōn Churuya-san. Takemoto also served as an episode director on such anime as The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Sound! Euphonium, Tamako Market, Violet Evergarden, Tsurune: Kazemai Kōkō Kyūdō-bu, Nichijou - My Ordinary Life, Myriad Colors Phantom World, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, K-ON!! second season, Clannad, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Free! Dive to the Future, and Haré+Guu, among many others. He also worked as a storyboarder, key animator, unit director, and scriptwriter.

Sachie Tsuda
    Tsuda was 41 years old. She worked in painting, finishing, clean-up animation, and special effects. She worked on such anime as Lucky Star TV, Lucky Star OAV, Clannad, Clannad After Story The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, K-ON! (both seasons), HYOUKA, Nichijou - My Ordinary Life, Tamako Market, A Silent Voice, To Heart, Violet Evergarden, Tsurune: Kazemai Kōkō Kyūdō-bu, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Free! Dive to the Future, Free! -Take Your Marks-, Free! Eternal Summer, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Liz and the Blue Bird, and most recently, Sound! Euphonium The Movie - Our Promise: A Brand New Day. She also worked on several Crayon Shin-chan and Doraemon films, as well as Kiddy Grade, Inuyasha, Pokemon 3 - The Movie, and Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, among many other works.

Futoshi Nishiya
    Nishiya was 37 years old. He was the character designer for the Free! franchise, and he also served as chief animation director for many of the franchise's installments. He also served as the character designer for the HYOUKA, Nichijou - My Ordinary Life, A Silent Voice, Liz and the Blue Bird, and The Melancholy of Haruhi-chan Suzumiya anime. He was also an animation director on many of Kyoto Animation's works, including Clannad, K-ON! (both seasons), Sound! Euphonium (both seasons), The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, and Beyond the Boundary -I'LL BE HERE- Future, among others. He also worked as a key animator.

Keisuke Yokota
    Yokota was 34 years old. He worked as a production manager at Kyoto Animation, for such anime as Clannad, Clannad After Story, K-ON!, HYOUKA, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! -Heart Throb-, Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Take On Me, Sound! Euphonium, A Silent Voice, Tamako Market, Violet Evergarden, Tsurune: Kazemai Kōkō Kyūdō-bu, Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Free! Dive to the Future, Free! Eternal Summer, High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-, Gekijō-ban Hibike! Euphonium: Todoketai Melody, Beyond the Boundary, and Beyond the Boundary -I'LL BE HERE- Future, among others.

Mikiko Watanabe
    Watanabe was 35 years old. She worked as a background artist and an art director. She served as an art director on such anime as Violet Evergarden, Beyond the Boundary, Beyond the Boundary -I'LL BE HERE- Future, Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, Myriad Colors Phantom World, and Amagi Brilliant Park. She also provided background art for such anime as Nichijou - My Ordinary Life, K-ON! (both seasons), Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club, Free! Dive to the Future, Free! -Take Your Marks-, High Speed! -Free! Starting Days-, Liz and the Blue Bird, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! -Heart Throb-, Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions! Take On Me, Love, Chunibyo, & Other Delusions: Rikka Takanashi Version, and Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite, among others.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Wujigege, Kuro_0ni, srrrahim and 2 others like this.
  2. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Any confirmation on who died and how many? They wouldn't put it on the first few days

3. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just about to add a few more links to other articles with more bits of info. please stand by

Wujigege and Kuro_0ni like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I bet it got something to do with this, otherwise they wouldn't mention it :hmm:

5. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Digix

Digix Owl-sama Follower

Reading List:
    Link
    I think its cause we have no updates on the shows and things being developed I am assuming everything will be delayed or picked up by other studios

7. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Condolences to all those that died, but I'm just happy that the data wasn't damage and all was recovered. Because, I would truly be damn sad that we wouldn't be getting a 2nd season of Dragon Maid because of this. Now only hope for them to recover soon.
    While the news said the president didn't know who he was, but in NHK News for today, they said he was one of those participants for one of KyoAni tournaments in the past, his work was eliminated right on the 1st round though. The guy also got some mental issues anyway. So in the end, it's probably because of Grudge(being rejected) + Delusion(probably his work got similar plot or something to KyoAni works so he thought that it was his) + Jealousy(thinking KyoAni success should have been his cause they got(?) the ideas from his work) that were the foundation for this.

8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I suppose that true anyway, I forgot to say this earlier
    My condolences to all concerned people

9. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    They always put the blame on the suspect having mental issues, just like how mental hospitals identify any patient who looks normal to still have mental problems

10. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    NEWS UPDATED! See the bolded link

11. Ubik

Ubik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So Yasuhiro Takemoto - director of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid really died. Damn

12. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard that the artist of Kyoukai no Kanata was dead i think last month, I can't remember when...is it true? I just don't believe the way he died; I don't believe for the artist to be dead

13. Burai1992

Burai1992 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Since KyoAni is dead, who will take their place? Doga Kobo?

14. kusabireika

kusabireika Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still believe that they can recover

15. Sabruness

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont think KyoAni is dead. It will probably be a long time til KyoAni will be able to reach the high level of work it used to be at though. I dont think we'll see any KyoAni led projects for a while but Animation Do, the second studio, could likely continue working as an assisting studio to outside projects.

On Doga Kobo, i dont think they'd be able to take KyoAni's place. I would, however, say that Doga Kobo is like the KyoAni of fluff.

16. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    So what did we learn from this?
    Me, well, be nicer to the supposed "losers".
    You can push them to the edge and also if you see something suspicious. Report it immediately