Spoiler New Spoiler Plugin for the Forums

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Tony, Oct 20, 2020.

1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Rebochan

Rebochan Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For some reason Royal Marriage’s thread is titled “Royal Mary”, which is a translation error by the OP and makes it hard to find via search. Is it possible to get it changed or would that break thread links?

3. Nadjocr

Nadjocr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello,
    I just log in into my account and I found out that I've been banned from editing Spoiler curator just because I restored the Q&A to the way it was before on cry or Better beg thread which is actually unfair, you listened to only one side of the story.
    I restored the Q&A to how it was originally because someone replaced all of them with his own opinions if you took time to read them they're not questions or answers, they're just opinions and analysis and they even accused the previous ones who made spoilers that they were lying and made false spoilers.
    I asked you kindly to read the whole thread and the comments of this person who DM people, excused rape, deleted previous spoilers, accused people of lying and them judge. This person is already famous for it on Instagram and the readers of the novel know of his extreme opinions.

As i might add this what's written under the post:
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.

4. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did skim through the entire history of the SC post in that thread. The QA section and the post's overall aesthetic were established by someone else back in February, it seems, but remained largely empty until the people you're complaining about started filling it in. They did not remove or delete anything - the few QA questions they didn't add are still there. You weren't "fixing it", or "reverting it to how it was", you were simply removing their work because you disagreed with them. What you should have done is contribute to the post, adding links to posts that offered an opposing viewpoint or answered questions you felt were important. Not vandalism.

For what it's worth, I haven't read the story, and even I can tell they're reading so much into it that their conclusions border on fanfiction. And I can understand why that might frustrate you. ... But they clearly love the story, and fandoms thrive off enthusiasm like theirs. Disagree with them all you like, but don't tear up the things they make because they're "wrong".

Nadjocr likes this.
  5. Nadjocr

Nadjocr Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The p.s under the post clearly says:
    Anyone is able to edit this post with an account. Please edit this post to link to spoilers in this thread as you find them. You are free to edit and remove anything within this post, including this placeholder text.
    So how did I break any rule?
    And the things they put as Q&A weren't questions nor answers to any questions as they claimed, just analysis. So i put the genuine questions of the readers and the answers of the members who answered them.
    I didn't edit their work because they were wrong but because they were misleading people into believing that a discussion is an actual true spoiler.

6. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Vandalism is not editing. You're also free to edit anything on the main site - Novel Updates - and will absolutely be banned from doing so if you can't handle the responsibility there, too. It's the same thing. You could have just contributed to the post, adding the links to posts you felt best answered questions people have, or highlighted your view of the story. Instead, you actively chose to delete someone else's work because you disagreed with them. To force your own opinion on the thread. If you can't play nice with others, you can't be trusted to edit the community post. It's that simple.

The SC posts exist to ease the burden of digging through threads for spoilers. They are a flexible community tool, however, and can be used for anything the thread users feel is necessary or important to the thread. In this case, that was in depth character analysis and speculation. Whether they're wrong or right is irrelevant. They did not misuse the post.