New Tag: Mc's women getting raped

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Jirenzener, May 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why report this thread as duplicate? Westeller told me I can make a new post, this one because it is directly related to the tag.
    I'll Quote @VixenKiss again
    Dude, if you don't want to help, what are you doing here? just ignore the thread.

AliceShiki likes this.
  2. J-Mitch

J-Mitch ⚖ Tipping the Scales of the World

Reading List:
    Link
    :/ I didn't suggest there was a problem. I would not wish to see it either. My thoughts were that it seems to be a consistent pattern being found in novels, and I doubt it was just 1 novel you read that gave you the drive to ask for a tag regarding this. It is often when someone says, "Enough!" after facing a situation on a more than once basis.

That being the case, I think it is a shame that these authors put that stuff in there. And since it's frequently found, it makes you wonder.

3. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    How is love interest and significant other even relevant. Let me, verbatim, tell you what you posted.
    See that? You said "I can understand the point," yet at the same time you seem to indicate that you think a new tag would only be neccesary if a "love interest getting raped" because if they weren't a love interest, it would "just be brushed off."
    Going by what you stated previously, of where "rape" should only be used for individuals of importance and significant relevance to the plot, the potential harem member in AST would not warrant a "rape" tag.
    So yes, this kind of sexual assault is enough to warrant a new tag, as stated by Jirenzener.

Jirenzener likes this.
  4. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If the tag exist, more people will find novels like that in the future.

Rape tag covers a lot of things, I want a tag specified for "Mc's women getting raped"

5. cboy123

cboy123 A Very Dirty Old Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I think only few japanese authors will write that down... but there's a lot of English-published novels out there.
    But... if you want help

Help #1
    Help #2

all links are from novelupdates forum.

6. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tag for third parties raping mc's women doesn't exist
    NTR tag has a LOT of requeriments
    Rape tag covers a lot of things, I'm scared of findng a novel where the mc's women are raped, too much tragedy for me.
    This tag would only cover "MC's Women getting raped" be it blackmail, tricks, threats, etc ,etc, etc. Mc's women sleeping with another man basically.

7. OldManGu

OldManGu Legendary Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/a-step-into-the-past/

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You misread my post.

OP is saying he wants a tag to show that love interests are raped, because he wants to avoid them.
    I said that love interests being raped in general would be significant enough to the plot that it would warrant the rape tag. I also said that in case the issue of a love interest being raped ended up being brushed off by the author, it would probably not cause a reaction on the reader, and as such it would not make the tag necessary.

I never said that non-love interests being raped wouldn't be enough to warrant the rape tag.
    Hmmmmmmm... A bit unrelated to your topic, but I'd like your opinion on this.

If a novel happened to have the MC's childhood friend (that is not a love interest) being raped, would this be enough to turn you off from the novel?

9. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Completely agree with this. I've wanted this tag for a loooong time. Also the ntr tag doesn't cover it, and neither does the rape tag. Rape tag can be anything from side chars meeting a goblin, to the mc raping an enemy, to a dark past. Ntr tag often isnt even on these stories.

It's a significant make or break plot device for at least a few people, and I wish I could avoid it instead of ending up dropping a story after 300 chapters because I don't want to just be aggravated during my relaxation time.

Jirenzener likes this.
  10. VixenKiss

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I can't read the rest of you're post, because literally the second sentence you posted is just wrong.
    You misread the OP, as he just posted,
    "Women," not love interest.
    There's a difference. : )

11. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on the importance of the woman, for example. in Martial World the childhood friend of the mc was barely mentioned, she was never important.
    In AST, you get to know about the woman, understand her personality, background, etc. You take a liking to her.

Being brushed off by the author... it depends too, I don't want to read a big tragedy and the author treat it like nothing has happened, it still hurts.

VixenKiss likes this.
  12. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    NU had an excessively big amount of tags in the past, so we want to avoid tags that are not very needed or that are excessively specific.

Which is why we were discussing the merits of the tag and why it should exist or not.

King0Mik likes this.
  13. Kagutsuchi

Kagutsuchi 『Omnipresent Reader』

Reading List:
    Link
    +1 I agree

14. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is also a Dangerous tag. NTR tag is tagged as a sensitive tag that most people would want to avoid it THIS TAG IS THE SAME, I don't think people would like to read about a romantic interest getting raped. I think it is important enough to be added, that avoids people from reading this kind of tragedy.

VixenKiss likes this.
  15. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, NTR is when the girl is mind broken or betrays the MC to fuck another dude in the end..... IF the girls is raped against her will and she does not end up with the raper its not NTR

i agree... if the novel has the rape that and the death of loved ones.... one can already think of the posibilities

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2018
    runsing and Jirenzener like this.
  16. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's women are a broad category, different people view it differently, your choice to consider me wrong just to have a different view from you. *shrugs*
    So, for as long the character being raped is actually relevant to the MC, even if not a love interest, do you think it could be enough to turn you off from the novel?

17. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For detailed reasons, I think the new tag needs a "level of danger" Martial World, where the childhood friend leaves the mc for another man doesn't count.
    AST does.

And mostly, this tag is targetted ONLY for Rape towards a love interest or a POTENTIAL romantic interest (confirmed or highly probable that she would become a romantic interest in the future). situations were the female just leaves the mc are lesser and it is way less painful than rape.

18. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the idea of a nested tag system that would be able to clear up issues like this....but I also appreciate that's approximately 3000 times more work than is really feasible at this point.

The more novels that get added the less and less likely any sort of huge change to the tagging system becomes :blobneutral:

King0Mik likes this.
  19. datormentxd

datormentxd Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    le meh after reading the thread's title: *shakes head* wut.

20. VixenKiss

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that broad. By "MC's women" it means that these are women that will be with the MC eventually.
    But yes, we can agree to disagree if our opinions are in such opposition.