New Tag: Mc's women getting raped

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by Jirenzener, May 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhum, I can see that much, I just think it is a tad too restricted tag, which is why I was asking for your opinion on a few different scenarios on the other thread.

Perhaps what we need is to actually split the rape tag into 2 or more tags, between rapist MC, raped MC/people important to the MC being raped.

Still quite unsure on it as I avoid rape altogether, so I'm trying to get opinions on it.

2. SAimNE

SAimNE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree the tag name could use work. Maybe "love interest(s) rape"

Jirenzener likes this.
  3. VixenKiss

VixenKiss Machiavelli the Princess

Reading List:
    Link
    It doesn't mean that the administration has to go out of their way and apply this tag for every novel that applies, I think Jirenzener is just trying to implement a tag/system where users/mods can signify that a novel has this element, so he can avoid it (and other like-minded readers).

Jirenzener likes this.
  4. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For what I want this tag is only for RAPE, childhood friend like Martial World wasn't raped, she was willing + she didn't had sex with that man.

5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    The tagging system doesn't care about the amount of novels/tags on NU, don't worry~

The only thing that matters is how much time Tony-chan is willing to dedicate to coding for tags, and while the current system could definitely use some improvements, it is already at a good spot IMHO, so I think we can't expect many tag-related features in the future.
    *nod nod* I see.

So, another different scenario I want your opinion on... If the MC had a daughter, which had a considerable amount of screentime and a good amount of time being developed, and she got raped, would this be enough to turn you off from the novel?
    *nod nod* I'm only talking about rape here too! >.<

I'm only trying to raise some hypothetical scenarios to see how a new tag could work out, but all of them need to involve rape.

7. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Relevant enough to make the reader feel hurt, like seeing her for idk, 50+ chapters and consider her as a good character for the novel.
    Example: Martial World, she wasn't mentioned too much, no one cares about her.
    Ancient Strengthening Technique: she appeared in many chapters and had time to be developed.
    Totally, yes.

8. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    *nod nod* Got it.

Well, my personal opinion is that this seems relevant enough to warrant a new tag, but I think that we actually need to split the rape tag into rapist tag, raped MC, and people that are significant to the MC being raped.

Would this cover your needs?

Jirenzener likes this.
  9. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Thanks!!!!!!

10. Haitaka

Haitaka [Always Busy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't see why not. Though a shorter tag name is probably needed.

But the tag system is pretty weird when it comes to tagging things Something as simple as a goblin appearing can warrant a rape tag, and the NTR tag can be for the MC or it can be the MC doing it.

So while I agree that the tags should be more descriptive, you should give a good summary of what you want so that the mods don't need to sit down with you every step of the way.

11. Seraphic

Seraphic Uncomfortably close

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, the solution to Jirenzener's request is to just add a new tag, which is perfectly valid. However, as a greater number of novels are translated, there may be the possibility/necessity of becoming more and more specific with tags. So, say, nested under the tag Rape, you could have "Love interest is raped", "Protagonist rapes love interest", "Protagonist is raped", etc.

But creating something like this would take a lot of time and effort and I'm not sure it would have a big enough payoff for that cost.
    I'll admit most of my idea of what a functional tagging system looks like is influenced by the one at VNDB, but they have way, way more entries than NU does and many more contributing users, and the focus of visual novels is different from webnovels, so there are some problems with practicality for us.

m7vpc likes this.
  12. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The name of the thread is to describe the situation, not the name, sorry. I'm bad at chosing names.
    This is good enough:

13. Drazze

Drazze Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like this tag as well but I have to admit it will get tricky how to use it.

What about women that where raped before meeting the mc and become proper love interest?

Either way, I'm all for diferent tags for rape. It's so broad l have to read reviews just so I can avoid nasty surprises.

Jirenzener likes this.
  14. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rape tag says that "Raped before the story doesn't count" this can also have that rule.

AliceShiki likes this.
  15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Now we need to wait for @runsing's imput since we can't really do any big changes to tags without his approval, but... Well, this feels like a good change IMO.
    That's not how the tags work, it's why the tags have descriptions in the first place.

When the MC is the one NTRing you use Netori.
    When the MC is NTR'd you use Netorare.
    They're different tags and have different definitions.

Similarly, if you look at the definition of rape, you'll see that it should only be useful if it's on an occurrence that is relevant to the plot.

Mods only accompany you step by step when you want to add/remove a whole tag altogether. When it's about just handling existing tags, mods generally let users do their stuff for as long as they aren't trolling.
    Yeah, nested tags would be nice, Run-kun would love it, and I would too~

Don't expect it to come any time soon though, if ever.
    When it related to events to the character's backstories, we generally don't apply any tag, at most "tragic past", but this is for the MC's backstory only.

Dual-Stephen and Jirenzener like this.
  16. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    What the fuck is this. If this tag is made, then "the mc is a fucking pussy" tag should be made too.

All you need is rape tag, if you want to know more on that, then that's the point of the forum. "This novel got rape tag in it, was the Mc's girl raped? Asking for a friend." would be enough. People would be happy to answer it.

King0Mik and LaDyViL like this.
  17. Trane

Trane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a korean manhwa where the protagonist's woman was "executed" right before his eyes and being forced to watch. it is a martial arts manhwa, don't remember much of it except he went on a rampage afterwards

18. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Too troublesome, I don't want to go on asking that for every novel I read.
    This thread was already discussed.

19. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    An expected reply. You are giving others unnecessary trouble just for your own convenience.

20. Jirenzener

Jirenzener Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is way easier an convenient the use of a new tag, a neccesary tag that it is as dangerous as the NTR Tag. I seriously don't want to read this kind of novel and making a thread for every fcking novel i'm going to read is not good. Try to read the previous comments, some people agree and this was already discussed. This is a good tag. But of course, this new tag will screw up the entire novel updates and everyone will be screwed, right? wow.